PDA

View Full Version : The Tracy McGrady Era Is Over

JordansBulls
12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Source: Dimemag (http://dimemag.com/2008/12/the-tracy-mcgrady-era-is-over/)

Having watched his ascendance into the League since his days in Toronto, it’s sad to say, but the Tracy McGrady era is over.

Before the season started, I couldn’t wait to see the Western Conference’s version of the Big Three with McGrady, Yao Ming and Ron Artest. But for whatever the reason, McGrady never got that memo.

T-Mac has missed the past three games with a sore left knee, and is averaging a measly 15.6 points per game this season, his lowest since ’99-00 in limited minutes with the Raptors. With no pop because of his knee, he has scored in single digits in five of his past 10 games.

If he continues to under-produce, and the Rockets can’t make it out of the first round again this season, you gotta think McGrady’s name will start to surface in trade rumors either this season or next. Making over $21 million this season and $23 million in 2009, T-Mac could be a great bargaining chip for teams looking to get severely under the cap in the Summer of 2010.

I agree with a lot of this, but it isn't all on Mcgrady. Ron Artest is freaking shooting 34% on the team.

MoBASS
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
He's never gonna win a playoff series.

sp1derm00
Tmac for Kidd!!!

Ballah0liC1
so i quess the tmac era is , and yao era and artest era are all up

Lakers4ItAll
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I've never been a fan of TMac. I got no respect for a guy thats on the worst team in the NBA yet gets the scoring title.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Every player declines...but I didnt really know there was a "Tracy McGrady Era". Not like he did anything that big(playoffs).

Ballah0liC1
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I've never been a fan of TMac. I got no respect for a guy thats on the worst team in the NBA yet gets the scoring title.

not hatin but kinda sounds familiar

Vidball
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't know there ever was a "T-Mac era"...shouldn't you have to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs to have an era?

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM

I allllllmost said something....:p

Lakers4ItAll
12-01-2008, 04:37 PM
To who? Kobe? Lakers were NEVER the worst team in the league when he won his scoring title so thats not even close. And ya thats deff u hatin

hyphy king 88
12-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I think Yao and Artest gotta do a lot of the anchoring with the recent struggles T-Mac has had mostly because of his injury history. I don't think you can say his era is over just yet even though hes so fragile. I can still see him putting up good numbers.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I think Yao and Artest gotta do a lot of the anchoring with the recent struggles T-Mac has had mostly because of his injury history. I don't think you can say his era is over just yet even though hes so fragile. I can still see him putting up good numbers.

what era did he have?

hyphy king 88
12-01-2008, 04:51 PM
what era did he have?

I guess when we saw him always take his team to the playoffs by himself but never get passed the first round. I still think he is an amazing talent.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I guess when we saw him always take his team to the playoffs by himself but never get passed the first round. I still think he is an amazing talent.

Back in his Orlando days I would say he was pretty good, to bad the guy is made of glass.

FOBolous
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I allllllmost said something....:p

yeeea that guy is pretty annoying. he's just like the obnoxious kobe fan boys...he calls anyone who dares to say anything negative about tmac a "tmac hater." just like how kobe fan boys call anyone who says anything bad about kobe "kobe haters."

hyphy king 88
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Back in his Orlando days I would say he was pretty good, to bad the guy is made of glass.

Yeah. I feel bad for him. Even though I am a Kings fan and Artest went to the Rockets, I was hoping for Rockets to do well just for the sake of T-Mac. Hopefully he and Artest can get it together.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah. I feel bad for him. Even though I am a Kings fan and Artest went to the Rockets, I was hoping for Rockets to do well just for the sake of T-Mac. Hopefully he and Artest can get it together.

the only problen is, its not just they need to play better, but mcgrady needs to be on the court in the first place. History says there isnt a good chance.

Ballah0liC1
12-01-2008, 05:14 PM
yeeea that guy is pretty annoying. he's just like the obnoxious kobe fan boys...he calls anyone who dares to say anything negative about tmac a "tmac hater." just like how kobe fan boys call anyone who says anything bad about kobe "kobe haters."

yo your funny ur a yao fan boy u ride his dick like jenna haze, and the first year tmac won his scoring title of 32 pts his team made the playoffs and lost to the pistons who won a championship the next year, the year kobe avg i think 35 they made the playoffs and lost in the playoffs, i like kobe so im not a hater.

Chronz
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Why would those 2 correlate with hatred? He LED the league BECAUSE his team was so sorry. Notice how he didnt lead the league once his team was solid.

rhino17
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Its not just on him, although he is a puss. Artest cant shoot to save his life, 34% on the season, and Yao is ****ing awful this year. He STILL cannot dunk the ball and he cant even shoot it like he used to. This is the first year where the surrounding cast is all playing fantastic, but the stars cant get it done

stevefrancis
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
that orlando team was just awful that year. eddy curry would have averaged 32 points a game on that team. tmacs gonna do what kg did dont accomplish anything for a number of years than out of nowhere go to a team with super stars and then win a title. he'll end up signing with the knicks with lebron dwade and bosh and be the sixth man and only play garbage minutes so he can think he's still the best player.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Why would those 2 correlate with hatred? He LED the league BECAUSE his team was so sorry. Notice how he didnt lead the league once his team was solid.

I was confused with the hatred toward that too. If a good player is on a bad team, why wouldnt you give the ball to the best player all of the time?

unwantedplayer
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
He was never good IMO. He is just another injury prone player in this league that is overrated.

Chronz
12-01-2008, 05:29 PM
that orlando team was just awful that year. eddy curry would have averaged 32 points a game on that team.
If your going to make an effort at a big boy conversation then come at us with facts. Eddy Curry couldnt stay on the floor long enough to average 32 points.

tmacs gonna do what kg did dont accomplish anything for a number of years than out of nowhere go to a team with super stars and then win a title. he'll end up signing with the knicks with lebron dwade and bosh and be the sixth man and only play garbage minutes so he can think he's still the best player.
:clap:

BRILLIANT

He was never good IMO. He is just another injury prone player in this league that is overrated.

Thats what people were saying about KG while he was leading his team to the gutter see look at the post above. Hes been the same player he always was but there are 2 different extreme as to who he is.

goku
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
the rockets always start off slow then they pick it up by january im not really worried they went ll-7 with the injuries during november it aint over the playoffs dont start in december we still have 5 months till the season end

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
how is KG injury prone?

Lakers4ItAll
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Anyone else goin to the Knicks too? LOL

that orlando team was just awful that year. eddy curry would have averaged 32 points a game on that team. tmacs gonna do what kg did dont accomplish anything for a number of years than out of nowhere go to a team with super stars and then win a title. he'll end up signing with the knicks with lebron dwade and bosh and be the sixth man and only play garbage minutes so he can think he's still the best player.

Frrrrank!!!
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Anyone else goin to the Knicks too? LOL

lol, didnt even notice that.

Chronz
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
lol, didnt even notice that.

Not trying to be rude but havent you noticed that 17 is indeed more than 13?

THE_FLASH_21
12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL...this was really predictable...