PDA

View Full Version : 2010

jbader09
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Being from New York I keep hearing about the Knicks and Lebron James but there is no talk about what the Mavs might do. What would you do? Would you bring back Dirk and/or Howard? Would you go after Wade or Bosh or anyone else?

st3voness
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Nowitzski and Howard are locked up through the 2010-11 season. Terry is signed through the 2011-2012 season. Personally, I'd go after Wade. Lock up Green long term for cheap. As it stands, in the summer of 2010, we are committed to about 65.5 mil (this includes Nowitzski, Terry, Howard, Diop, Dampier, and S. Williams). If there was some way to get Damp's contract off the books (13 mil in '10), we'd be in good position to pursue a big free agent signing in 2010.

Imagine Dirk, Terry, Howard, Green, Wade.

BlondeBomber41
12-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Where you from st3voness?

Spurred1
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Isn't Dirk's contract player option the last year,though?

celticfan
12-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I think they should go after Wade but then again they could use a point guard and neither wade or terry is a point guard

st3voness
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Where you from st3voness?

Wylie, Texas. It's a small town you've probably never heard of, but it's surrounded by cities such as Plano, Garland, and Sachse (if you've ever heard of those). About 45 minutes out of Dallas.

st3voness
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Isn't Dirk's contract player option the last year,though?

Yeah, Nowitzki can opt out after the 2009-2010 season; however, I don't see him doing that unless he sees that Dallas is a sinking ship and is essential unable to win a championship. But with a great owner like Mark Cuban (though careless at times), it's hard to question his passion for improving this team to better position themselves to win the finals. (I'm still pissed we didn't win against Miami :mad:).

I think they should go after Wade but then again they could use a point guard and neither wade or terry is a point guard

Kidd still has gas in the tank left and his original contract is off our books after this season. If he'd resign for far less money, we could get another good year or two out of him and he could retire a Maverick. In the process, we need to find a young PG to develop while Kidd is still running the show (JJ Barea is a good bench player, but is not the long term answer at the point). I like Jason Kidd, but we screwed ourselves giving up Devin Harris. I don't know what the salary cap will be in 2010, but if our front office plays it smart, we could definitely set ourselves up in good position to make a run at Wade. We'd need a couple young guys to sign at minimum for depth, but whatever. Here's a hypothetical (and ideal) lineup:

Kidd / Barea / (Developmental PG)
Wade / Terry / Green / Wright
Howard / Singleton / Williams
Nowitzki / Bass
Diop / (Developmental C)

We really need a scoring center and dishing out that much money to Diop was the stupidest thing we could've done. I'd explore options for trading the likes of Diop, Stackhouse, George, and Bass while they have any value left right now.

asmarks18
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Let's say we bought out Dampier before all of that. Would it still effect our salary cap? since we would still pay him. I say we tell Dirk to opt out so we have some money and then sign both Nash and Wade and then afterwards sign Dirk. Let's just hope he doesn't pull an Elton Brand.

asmarks18
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, Nowitzski can opt out after the 2009-2010 season; however, I don't see him doing that unless he sees that Dallas is a sinking ship and is essential unable to win a championship. But with a great owner like Mark Cuban (though careless at times), it's hard to question his passion for improving this team to better position themselves to win the finals. (I'm still pissed we didn't win against Miami :mad:).

Kidd still has gas in the tank left and his original contract is off our books after this season. If he'd resign for far less money, we could get another good year or two out of him and he could retire a Maverick. In the process, we need to find a young PG to develop while Kidd is still running the show (JJ Barea is a good bench player, but is not the long term answer at the point). I like Jason Kidd, but we screwed ourselves giving up Devin Harris. I don't know what the salary cap will be in 2010, but if our front office plays it smart, we could definitely set ourselves up in good position to make a run at Wade. We'd need a couple young guys to sign at minimum for depth, but whatever. Here's a hypothetical (and ideal) lineup:

Kidd / Barea / (Developmental PG)
Wade / Terry / Green / Wright
Howard / Singleton / Williams
Nowitzski / Bass
Diop / (Developmental C)

We really need a scoring center and dishing out that much money to Diop was the stupidest thing we could've done. I'd explore options for trading the likes of Diop, Stackhouse, George, and Bass while they have any value left right now.

His name is spelled NOWITZKI

st3voness
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Let's say we bought out Dampier before all of that. Would it still effect our salary cap? since we would still pay him. I say we tell Dirk to opt out so we have some money and then sign both Nash and Wade and then afterwards sign Dirk. Let's just hope he doesn't pull an Elton Brand.

We don't have New York Knicks cap room to sign Nash, Wade, and Dirk. You have to remember that we have to sign our role players like Bass, Wright, Green, and Singleton if we decide to keep them to even have a team.

st3voness
12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
His name is spelled NOWITZKI

Corrected .

st3voness
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM

... affect and Lets. :D

BlondeBomber41
12-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Wylie, Texas. It's a small town you've probably never heard of, but it's surrounded by cities such as Plano, Garland, and Sachse (if you've ever heard of those). About 45 minutes out of Dallas.

Yeah I know Wylie. I have lived in Arlington most of my life but have lived in Abilene, Odessa, Gordon, San Angelo. So I know alot of Texas.

Spurred1
12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
^ Where is Gordon? I know the other places but that's a new one.

st3voness
12-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah I know Wylie. I have lived in Arlington most of my life but have lived in Abilene, Odessa, Gordon, San Angelo. So I know alot of Texas.

You into the HS Football Playoffs?

nik.jd.aitken
12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Wade would be the best fit on this team. We don't have a true shooting guard, and he is definitely a top 2 SG in the nba.

swells2048
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Former Abilenian as well. If you asked someone in Abilene where Wylie is they'd tell you its where the rich people live. I've been to Odessa, smelled it and turned around.