PDA

View Full Version : 1st month of the season is now done, let's make an analysis

JordansBulls
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Seeing that the 1st full month of the NBA season has come and gone, how would you analyze what you just saw?

Who are the players that have surprised you a lot and made that turn to be allstars?

Who are those players that you have seen that have just played not up to expectations and now you have a different view of them?

What teams are the contenders that you see? What teams are the pretenders?

What players deserve to be on the all star team? etc

codes238
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
1.) derrick rose is insanely good and he'll be better than chris paul in a few years!
2.) mayo's gonna be a stud! beasley isnt, his best case scenario is glenn robinson...
3.) its gonna be lakers and spurs in the WCF again... on and the lakers are really really good
4.) its gonna be cleveland and boston in the ECF...
5.) dwyane wade is back and better than ever!
6.) brandon roy is really really good
7.) luol deng sucks and is already on the worst contracts list and he's in the first year of his deal... if paxon didnt luck out and get rose at #1 this year he'dd already be fired!
8.) marbury is a complete idiot and a team cancer and donny walsh is ******** for not banishing him as soon as he took over the team
9.) the raptors are gonna soon realize that you need at least one above average swingman on your team if youre gonna be a contender
10.) the nets won that harris/kidd deal both in the short and long term... its funny how they also got 2 first-round picks out of that deal too...

leftymo
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Seeing that the 1st full month of the NBA season has come and gone, how would you analyze what you just saw?

Who are the players that have surprised you a lot and made that turn to be allstars?

Who are those players that you have seen that have just played not up to expectations and now you have a different view of them?

1. It's still early and a lot of the supposed contenders have had rough starts.

2. Players surprised? 1. Devin Harris 2. Derrick Rose 3. Danny Granger

3. Not expectations? 1. Greg Oden 2. Chris Paul 3. Ron Artest

After just one month, it appears like there are only 3 real contenders this year for the NBA title. 1. Boston 2. LA 3. Cleveland

Close but no cigar... San Antonio & Utah.

No matter what anyone says, Denver got the better end of the Iverson trade.

Teams trying for 2010 cap relief in hopes of landing major talent will be disappointed.

A lot of sleeper teams in the east this year.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Rose is sick. We may be looking at a Celtics Lakers finals again. Devin Harris is the most improved player in a landslide

29$JerZ
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Rose is possibly an all-star this year.

Knicks are a decent team compared to the previous years.

Washington is in need of a due-over but can't since they have Gilbert around for the next half decade.

JayW_1023
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM

Ramon Sessions has been impressive...and Dwyane Wade becoming a great weakside defender is also something that suprised me. As for my own team, I'm happy about Roger Mason and George Hill shoring up our depth...especially Hill has been a wonderful suprise.

I thought Milwaukee and Philadelphia would be better...the Nets have been a pleasant suprise. Dallas continues to underachieve and Orlando looks like a better team than last year. I thought the Mo Williams trade wouldn't make the Cavs significantly better...so far i'm proven wrong.

Iverson obviously hasn't been up to his standard. His former teammate André Iguodala's struggles are more puzzling...he seems lost. Thaddeus Young is actually looking like a better player right now.

The Hornets also look like the chemistry they had last year has regressed somewhat. The Clippers' Baron Davis once again showing that beyond the numbers he puts up he is a vastly overrated player.

I think the Lakers and Celtics are obviously the two most dominant teams right now.

The Pistons and Suns are parallels of each other. They were once respective superpowers in their conference, whose chemistry regressed after trading for a Hall of Famer (AI and Shaq). Both clubs have holes (with Suns it's their defense, with Detroit it's their offense) which hasn't made them better teams.

Joe Johnson, Deron Williams (he is WAAAY overdue), Devin Harris and Chris Bosh at least.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Who are the players that have surprised you a lot and made that turn to be allstars?:

Devin Harris,Aldrige.

Bynum,Brand.

Contenders: Lakers, Celtics, Cavs.

Pretenders:(supossedly contenders but no real shot) Rockets, Hornets,Raptors, Pistons, Sixers.

What players deserve to be on the all star team?

East :

Calderon/Harris/Rose

Wade/Carter/AI

Pierce/Prince

KG/Josh Smith

Howard/Horford.

West:

Paul/Billups

Kobe/Roy/K Martin

Melo/ak47

Duncan/Pau/Aldrige

Ming/Stoudamire

acehole
12-01-2008, 02:28 PM
1 - Harris is turning into a beast, 47 points??! crazy! Rose is also putting up good numbers

2 - Lakers are this years basketball versions of the patriots, they'll lose in the finals, you can quote me on that

3 - I expected the Hornets to be way better, still early in the season but they havent impressed me much so far

4 - Impressed with the Cavs and Nuggest after the billups trade

5 - OJ Mayo is an absolute stud, Beasley has dissapointed so far.

6 - Iggy is struggling badly, Sixers are barely staying above water, and they were predicted to to be top 3 in the east

7 - Knicks were doing pretty good, till they decided to tank the season by trading Jamal and Zach

hotpotato1092
12-01-2008, 02:29 PM

East :

Calderon/Harris/Rose

Wade/Carter/AI

Pierce/Prince

KG/Josh Smith

Howard/Horford.

No LeBron? I think he might just be an allstar

hotpotato1092
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
1) Derrick Rose's rookie season is eerily similar to Chris Paul's (at least so far)
2) The steals of the draft were Jason Thompson and Derrick Rose, I say Derrick Rose because there's no reason the Bulls should have had a chance at him and they stole him from a worse team like Miami or OKC. Jason Thompson's a stud, I say worst case scenario for him is Lamar Odom
3) Lamarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden will become the new twin towers, and luckily since they're close in age we'll get to see them together in their primes for a long time.
4) Dwayne Wade is back, and staking his claim to the title of best player in the league.
5) LeBron is LeBron. 'Nuff sed
6) Tim Duncan is playing the best basketball he has in years, and yet it's being wasted on this injury riddled spurs team
7) Did I mention how good LeBron is?
8) The pistons-nuggets deal will end up being mutually beneficial, Iverson will carry Detroit to round 2 while Billups makes the nuggets a much more complete team. The cap room Detroit got won't get them LeBron, but it'll get them somebody
9) The Boston Celtics are better than last years model
10) the Lakers are the best team I've ever seen, including the '95-'96 Bulls. I've never seen a team just completely dominate everybody so thoroughly and consistently. Keep in mind they average something like a 15 point margin of victory even with their starters sitting out because the games aren't close anymore. This is the best team I've ever seen.

jimbobjarree
12-01-2008, 02:46 PM
..that Dwyane Wade is the man, and that I hate injuries so damn much

69centers
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
1) Derrick Rose's rookie season is eerily similar to Chris Paul's (at least so far)
2) The steals of the draft were Jason Thompson and Derrick Rose, I say Derrick Rose because there's no reason the Bulls should have had a chance at him and they stole him from a worse team like Miami or OKC. Jason Thompson's a stud, I say worst case scenario for him is Lamar Odom
3) Lamarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden will become the new twin towers, and luckily since they're close in age we'll get to see them together in their primes for a long time.
4) Dwayne Wade is back, and staking his claim to the title of best player in the league.
6) Tim Duncan is playing the best basketball he has in years, and yet it's being wasted on this injury riddled spurs team
8) The pistons-nuggets deal will end up being mutually beneficial, Iverson will carry Detroit to round 2 while Billups makes the nuggets a much more complete team. The cap room Detroit got won't get them LeBron, but it'll get them somebody
10) the Lakers are the best team I've ever seen, including the '95-'96 Bulls. I've never seen a team just completely dominate everybody so thoroughly and consistently. Keep in mind they average something like a 15 point margin of victory even with their starters sitting out because the games aren't close anymore. This is the best team I've ever seen.

This is a ridiculous analysis to judge a team on 15 games, where only 5 of which have been played on the road. C'mon, and let's get real. They're a dominant team this year, but if they're the best team you've ever seen, you haven't watched much b-ball.

king4day
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
- Lakers and Celtics are on another planet as opposed to the rest of the league.
- Devin Harris looks better than he ever did with Dallas.
- DJ Augustin might make a push for RoY.
- Utah is gonna be top 4 in the league when they are 100% and in rhythem.

JordansBulls
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Who are the players that have surprised you a lot and made that turn to be allstars?:

Devin Harris,Aldrige.

Bynum,Brand.

Contenders: Lakers, Celtics, Cavs.

Pretenders:(supossedly contenders but no real shot) Rockets, Hornets,Raptors, Pistons, Sixers.

East :

Calderon/Harris/Rose

Wade/Carter/AI

Pierce/Prince

KG/Josh Smith

Howard/Horford.

West:

Paul/Billups

Kobe/Roy/K Martin

Melo/ak47

Duncan/Pau/Aldrige

Ming/Stoudamire

Ok anyone in bold has not played that well in comparison of how they used to play or they have been injured so I don't think they deserve the allstar team.

JordansBulls
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Well the 1995-1996 were only 10-2 to start off. The Bulls didn't hit their grove until after the 1st month and the next 2 months they simply just dominated. In fact the 1996-1997 Bulls started off better

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=393

Year Team Nov_W-L Nov_SRS W L SRS Result
1997 CHI 15-1 14.604 69 13 10.697 NBA Champions
1991 POR 12-1 14.269 63 19 8.471 Lost-WCF
1964 BOS 15-1 13.382 59 21 6.934 NBA Champions
2009 LAL 14-1 14.06 14 1 14.06???

So far only two teams have had a better start for November for dominance and that was the 1997 Bulls who won 69 and won the title and Portland in 1991 who lost to the Lakers.

Also just remember the Rockets in 1997 started 15-1 as well, Lakers in 2002 started 16-1, Rockets in 1994 started 15-0 and was 22-1 as well.

Only the 1997 Rockets and 1991 Blazers didn't win it all.

Lakers have been dominant but they have thus far played twice the number of home games as they have road games. I don't expect the Lakers to lose many home games. Minimum of 2 games at home they will lose and a max of about 4. They will however lose at least 9-10 road games however.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
the still of the draft is Marc Gasol as second roudner?

How did i forget leborn for allstar? media makes me so sick that i even forgot him :D

GspLAL
12-01-2008, 03:29 PM
This is a ridiculous analysis to judge a team on 15 games, where only 5 of which have been played on the road. C'mon, and let's get real. They're a dominant team this year, but if they're the best team you've ever seen, you haven't watched much b-ball.

Um last I checked we're supposed to go from what we saw this first month.

JayW_1023
12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
6) Tim Duncan is playing the best basketball he has in years, and yet it's being wasted on this injury riddled spurs team.

This comment is wrong on so many levels...wasted? The Spurs are healthy now and deeper than they've been in years.

Nexus
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
the still of the draft is Marc Gasol as second roudner?

How did i forget leborn for allstar? media makes me so sick that i even forgot him :D

You also have KG and Josh Smith down for EC PF. I'm thinking you forgot Bosh, because there's really no argument for Josh Smith over Bosh in my mind (even if it's because Smith hasn't really played this year).

hotpotato1092
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM

I'm saying that SO FAR they look like the best team I've ever seen. I have no idea how the rest of the season will play out but so far I've never seen a team dominate like this.

hotpotato1092
12-02-2008, 12:47 AM
This comment is wrong on so many levels...wasted? The Spurs are healthy now and deeper than they've been in years.

When Parker and Manu were out he was playing great and they were still losing, if they were both there they could be second in the west right now.

DenButsu
12-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Ok anyone in bold has not played that well in comparison of how they used to play or they have been injured so I don't think they deserve the allstar team.

If you don't think Melo has played as well as he has before, you haven't been paying attention to exactly how he's playing, and you're only looking at his drop in scoring and fg%. :cool:

JayW_1023
12-02-2008, 05:31 AM
When Parker and Manu were out he was playing great and they were still losing, if they were both there they could be second in the west right now.

The Spurs were 6-2 without both Manu and Parker actually.

DenButsu
12-02-2008, 08:14 AM

That alone should put TD in the MVP conversation.

JordansBulls
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Yeah that was incredible.