PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in this situation

Hellcrooner
12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
You have two players that play the same position and they are both very good and capable to be starters in this league, Neither of them can really play well in another position and playing both of them at same time is not really a good fit.

You also have a Weak spot in your Starting 5

Do you try to trade one of them and fill that weak spot? or simply let one of them rot in the bench or BOTH of them not acchieve their true potential by spliting their minutes and play out of position.

Examples:

Chi Rose and Hinrich they got no good Pf or C.

Det Ivverson and Rip, they lack C.

Cha J Ricj and Morrison, they lack C

Cha Augustin and Felton they lack C.

Lac Kaman and Camby, they lack sg.

Hou, artest and Battier they lack PG

Mem, Marc Gasol and Milicic they lack PF

Port, Rudy and ROy they lack PG and Sf.

OKC, Durant and Green they lack...everything else.

Jazz, Kirilenko and Boozer, lack C.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Certainly is a good question. I think you utilize their minute as best as you can. Even though a SG has the title ''shooting Guard'' you could give him minutes at SF or maybe in Iverson's case PG.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2008, 02:54 AM
^ok take that example, Iverson was basically taken because of hsi big expiring numbers.

ok he can "somehow" play pg but not really a good fit since hi is shoot first.

Wouldnt it have made more sense for them to have gotten KIDD??? specailly since they resigned rip....

nygiants242
12-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Trade! Trade! Trade!

DQL
12-01-2008, 03:34 AM
how about the Heat? Beasley, Haslem, Marion play best at PF, and all of them are in starting lineup (excpet for last 2 games) :laugh2:

KG#1
12-01-2008, 03:39 AM
trade one of em
gms arent exciting enough the league should be more like 2k9............

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
^ok take that example, Iverson was basically taken because of hsi big expiring numbers.

Wouldnt it have made more sense for them to have gotten KIDD??? specailly since they resigned rip....

Yes I agree, but you could put AI in a PG and Hamilton at SF enough that they get their minutes.

For AI that might not even be 10 minutes, but Hamilton could pick up SF for maybe 15min+.

I think they wanted a scorer like AI more then they wanted a guy like Kidd. I think the Pistons would have just keep Chauncey over going through the efforts of making a trade for Kidd.

Sox Appeal
12-01-2008, 09:26 AM

I've read some rumors that the Mavericks are rejecting all offers for Kidd. So that would have made trading for him, almost impossible. And even if he was available, I don't think he would have been a better option for the Pistons, over somebody like AI. Kidd is still a solid PG, but he's nothing special. AI on the other hand, is still one of the best players in the NBA, and many believe he could be the 'missing piece' for this Pistons team.

The trade for AI also gives the Pistons more flexibility with their guards. They'll now be able to do things like a Stuckey/AI back-court, or AI/Rip, etc.

GunFactor187
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM

Well what the story was here in Michigan was that Chauncey said to JoeD that if he would to be traded then he would want to be traded to Denver. And lo and behold, AI has a HUGE expiring contract that we could use. That's really why we essentially made the deal for AI, and plus the Pistons FO has been keeping an eye on AI ever since his Philly days, and in actuallity this was the right time to get AI because of the maturity factor (remember The Practice Monologue?).