PDA

View Full Version : Which teams should start rebuilding now?

NastyRud
11-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Which teams should start rebuilding now? The teams that come to my mind are teams like the Suns, Mavs, and Spurs.

Suns - Have a great PG in Nash who they could trade to a team like Portland for a couple young studs. They could also try to trade Shaq to a team looking for that last piece. Maybe to Cavs for a couple expiring contracts (Wallace & Wally?) They could then rebuild around Amare, whoever they could get from Portland, and whatever cash they have left after resigning Amare. I can see both Portland and Cavs doing a trade like this because Blazers are looking for that PG and have plenty of young talent to trade with. Cavs could also do this to get Lebron that ring in hopes of keeping him around. Shaq may be old but team him up with Lebron and I can see them beating Boston to make it to the finals.

Mavs - Kidd - same as Nash. They also have Dirk who they could trade to a young team looking to contend. Maybe Memphis for one of their PG's, an expiring, and pick? A deal like Conley, Darko, Buckner, & # 1? I think Memphis could contend with Lowry, Mayo, Gay Dirk, Gasol so I don't see why they wouldn't do a deal. This would give Mavs cap room to go after anyone they want and we all know Cuban would love to go after Lebron.

Spurs - They may end up like we did when Jordan, Pip, & Jackson all left so why not try to get something in return now when Duncan has some good years left. And yes I know it is very unlikely that Duncan gets traded, just thought I'd mention it to see what your thoughts are.

EAGLES3658
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
The Wiz.

NastyRud
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
The Wiz.

Who can they give up and rebuild with? I would think Arenas & Jamison are in their prime, plus Caron is young. They just need one or two pieces to be a top contender.

st3voness
11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Who can they give up and rebuild with? I would think Arenas & Jamison are in their prime, plus Caron is young. They just need one or two pieces to be a top contender.

Jamison is a little past his prime and Arenas' stock is really low right now anyway, but building a team around Arenas and Butler is the smart thing to do. They have a great center in Brendan Haywood (barring injury) and have a solid young center to develop who has shown sparks of potential in JaVale McGee. The Wizards really lack at the 2-guard position and should rid themselves of DeShawn Stevenson. Nick Young is going to be a stud in this league, but what the Wizards need to do is get what they can for Jamison and go from there. They have a lot of talent, but it's just not coming together at all. Maybe a coaching change is what this team really needs even though their shot at contention this year is about done. Good luck next year, Washington.

NastyRud
11-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Jamison is a little past his prime and Arenas' stock is really low right now anyway, but building a team around Arenas and Butler is the smart thing to do. They have a great center in Brendan Haywood (barring injury) and have a solid young center to develop who has shown sparks of potential in JaVale McGee. The Wizards really lack at the 2-guard position and should rid themselves of DeShawn Stevenson. Nick Young is going to be a stud in this league, but what the Wizards need to do is get what they can for Jamison and go from there. They have a lot of talent, but it's just not coming together at all. Maybe a coaching change is what this team really needs even though their shot at contention this year is about done. Good luck next year, Washington.

This is more like retooling. I'm talking about trading away a team's superstar or gutting a team in hopes of getting better in the long run.

jimbobjarree
11-30-2008, 07:19 PM
the wiz cant rebuild now they have gilberts fugly *** contract

raptor fan
11-30-2008, 07:28 PM
i think dallas should start rebuilding this season, and phoenix should start in the last season of shaq's contract. the mavs should start off by dealing kidd to the blazers for some of their young talent.

JordansBulls
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Which teams should start rebuilding now? The teams that come to my mind are teams like the Suns, Mavs, and Spurs.

Suns - Have a great PG in Nash who they could trade to a team like Portland for a couple young studs. They could also try to trade Shaq to a team looking for that last piece. Maybe to Cavs for a couple expiring contracts (Wallace & Wally?) They could then rebuild around Amare, whoever they could get from Portland, and whatever cash they have left after resigning Amare. I can see both Portland and Cavs doing a trade like this because Blazers are looking for that PG and have plenty of young talent to trade with. Cavs could also do this to get Lebron that ring in hopes of keeping him around. Shaq may be old but team him up with Lebron and I can see them beating Boston to make it to the finals.

Mavs - Kidd - same as Nash. They also have Dirk who they could trade to a young team looking to contend. Maybe Memphis for one of their PG's, an expiring, and pick? A deal like Conley, Darko, Buckner, & # 1? I think Memphis could contend with Lowry, Mayo, Gay Dirk, Gasol so I don't see why they wouldn't do a deal. This would give Mavs cap room to go after anyone they want and we all know Cuban would love to go after Lebron.

Spurs - They may end up like we did when Jordan, Pip, & Jackson all left so why not try to get something in return now when Duncan has some good years left. And yes I know it is very unlikely that Duncan gets traded, just thought I'd mention it to see what your thoughts are.

No way do the Spurs start rebuilding until Duncan is no longer a 20 and 10 player. Duncan is 32 now, Parker is what like 26 and Manu is like 31. Duncan has a good 2-3 years in him before he becomes less than an 18/8 player and Parker has a good 5-6 years in him while Ginobili has a good 3 years in him.

jimbobjarree
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
yeah they still got 4 years of the big man

Draco
11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
The Suns will probably rebuild when Nash and Oneal's contracts run out.. offhand, I think that's after next season.. someone correct me if I'm wrong. The Spurs can also probably give it another go for next season. The Mav's probably need to pack it up.. they're done.

Yogi
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
The Wizards don't need to rebuild, they are pwning the rest of the league.

marques724
11-30-2008, 09:46 PM
The suns will have those contracts come off the books in 2010 so they will go into free agency to retool. The bucks and mavs need to rebuild.

CheeseOnMyHead
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM

I don't think the Suns and Mavs will rebuild in a couple years, since they both have a lot of money off the books in two years.

And I don't think the Spurs will rebuild because Parker and Ginobili are both sort of young. Plus Duncan isn't done either.

There's a couple teams I think should start rebuilding:

Pistons - Their window of opportunity is gone after this year when AI leaves. The only player they have signed for two years from now is Prince. They need other young players.

Bucks - They already traded Mo Williams for expiring contracts. Redd and Jefferson both have player options for the 2010-2011 season. I think both are too inconsistent to lead a team to a title.

DreamShaker
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
The Wizards don't need to rebuild, they are pwning the rest of the league.

:pity:

kvrnm
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
mavs

Mr.Grizzly
11-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Spurs