PDA

View Full Version : Jagr may end up a Devil??

lowwryda354
11-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Shaky times for Russia's Kontinental Hockey League, reportedly due to the steep fall in the worldwide price of oil. Russian clubs have been known to pull guys out of the lineup and not honor deals (ex-Bruin Byron Dafoe learned the hard way). If it came down to Jaromir Jagr (now of Omsk Avangard) wanting back to the metro New York area, only the Devils would have the cap room for him. - Boston Globe/ SI.com

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/79511-why-jagr-may-end-up-a-devil

soxdynasty
11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
It would never happen... Jagr doesn't back check and he would be Sutter's favorite whipping boy. He also proved last season that his big time scoring days are well behind him.

jimmyjames
12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
jagr needs to put his skirt back on and change his name to sally. he is a punk and no longer an nhl caliber player.

JetsYanksDevils
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
it may never happen but it would be so sick if he does.. I think if jagr came to us we would end up being a dangerous team. If we get Jagr i think we will definitly get to the playoffs and if we do Brodeur will come back healthy and fresh idk just a thought. Parise Jagr Elias together would be an amazing line.. And he may have lost his fast ball but he was still a good player in the league and there were a couple of games where he did nasty vs us

Sportscenterman
12-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I hate Jagr as a Ranger and would never be able to see him as a great player for the Devils. If a small short term deal could be worked out he could provide some spark that would put the devils towards the playoffs where Brodeur might be able to play.

Sportscenterman
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Anybody else want to talk about this?

Sportscenterman
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
We need to get more Devils fan into these blogs. I would like to here what others have to say about this.

NJdevilsbrodeur
12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
hey everyone new to the site but been a devs fan since 94, but i saw this thread and almost cried cause i woud be so pist if jagr comes to NJ, not only would he want a good paycheck but he wouldnt help us at all, whats with signing old players that just get hurt(holik and rolston)?we have some young talent so surround them with some other young talent not older players that cant even keep up with them

The Sandman42
12-22-2008, 03:03 AM
woudlnt want jagr, hes a nancy , this team has good chemistry and we dont need him ruining it. This team has been scoring of late, I like where there headed , and with Marty being rested due to injury I could see this team making a run . Lets Go Devs!

lowwryda354
01-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Two different sources, one overseas, agree that NJ has a serious interest in Jaromir Jagr and are trying to find Jagr a way out of his Russian contract. There are several rumours that the KHL may be in deep trouble here with players across the board being asked to take serious cuts in salary midway through the season.

Reports are that the Devils have been in contact with Jagr for over a month now.

more to come including the trade list and of course Sundin's debut in Edmonton.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Multiple-sources-The-NJ-Devils-have-interest-in-JagrNOW/1/18749

bringbackNAMATH
01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Now, I agree with some of you who are saying that Jagr plays like a Nancy sometimes. However, even though I hate him as well there is no denying that he is a solid player. My only concern is I dont know whose roster spot he will take...

I wouldnt mind having Jagr....but I think our team is pretty solid right now anyway. I rather us make a splash at the trade deadline...

All in all not a terrible idea, anyone know how hes doing this year in Russia?

bringbackNAMATH
01-10-2009, 12:19 AM
42 points in 38 games....hes not doing too bad...

took me a while to find

JetsYanksDevils
01-10-2009, 10:02 AM
the way i see it is jagr is being on a 3rd or 4th line would make are team be even crazier in depth and think about it he will do better than most the guys on the 3rd or 4th line the only problem is finding a spot for him

younggunn113
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
With Shanny back I doubt theres room now to sign him if we wanted..

friarfan07
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
it would be cool to get him. as someone else touched on, despite his reputation and on-ice demeanor often, he's still a prolific scorer who would do nothing but help.

Sportscenterman
01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
he wants to either go to the rangers or penguins so I dont think we really need to worry about this anylonger

friarfan07
01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
^ do either of those teams have the cap room? i doubt it.

davekrieg lives
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
what are we trying to become the 07 rangers, give avery a call as well im sure it would be the perfect underachievering team