PDA

View Full Version : Who got the better end of the Harris-Kidd trade?

Vinsane#15
11-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, after watching Harris' game and how it fits with the Nets, I personally believe the Nets got the better end of the deal. For me, it just does not seem like Kidd gels well with the Dallas Mavericks and not only that, Harris is more of a combo guard moreso than a point which is benefiting the Nets scoring wise.

So the Nets ran away big with this deal and Harris is showing that he is the superior player this season.

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I personally believe that Devon Harris could be in the league of Chris Paul and Deron Williams, not so much as a distributor, but he is as good of a scorer as both those guys and the killer speed he has really allows him to play at their level.

He absolutely tore up Deron Williams one on one yesterday, i honestly felt bad for Deron because he couldnt guard Harris to save his life.

ive been very impressed by Harris and I think the Nets ran away with that one.

Harris is now the best point guard in the East

AirJordanXVIII
11-30-2008, 01:16 PM
It was definitely Kidd for the short term....

We're starting to see the long term effects of the trade..

ADZ124
11-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Kidd for the short term.... lol are u kiddn me no way nets raped the mavs in that deal

SensandRaps
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
nets won this deal bad short and long term

Raidaz4Life
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
easily the nets and I've said that from the very beginning... I have no idea what the Mavs were thinking making that move

CheeseOnMyHead
11-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Harris is better than Kidd right now. And he's a lot younger and more athletic. The Nets easily got the better of the deal. Harris has been a great guy to rebuild around while Kidd hasn't taken the Mavs to the next level.

canzano55
11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Harris is now the best point guard in the EastYeah ok :rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
****** move the the mavs

_Sn1P3r_
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I would have to say Nets right now. Harris is playing unbelievable and is one of the best scoring PGs.

SaimoNETS
11-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Harris is the best point guard in the East

SportsFan9
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Harris has been terrific so far this season. I dont know the exact number of points he is averaging but I think it's around 22. He's also really fast, and that will help out the Nets a lot on fast breaks and more. With that said, the Nets obviously won this deal.

mjt20mik
11-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Nets. Kidd is a triple double machine, but he isn't the right fit for Dallas.

dre1990
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Nets got it

jkiddvc20
11-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah ok :rolleyes:

Who do you suggest the best PG in the East is then?

BOSOX1117
11-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Although I haven't seen Kidd play that much since the trade, I would definitely give it to the Nets. Harris is much younger and as of now one of the best pg in the league. Harris is scoring in bunches as well as putting up solid assist numbers.

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM

put ur homerism aside and WAKE UP DUDE

Calderon hasnt exploded like everyone (including myself) expected him to and is NOT an all star caliber point guard while Harris is (RIGHT NOW)

its as simple as that!

name 1 point guard in the east better than harris right now.... i'll wait....

If I wanted to be a complete homer id say that ANDRE MILLER is the best point guard in the east but that would just be ********, Harris is obviously the best in the east, he's been playing phenomenally. Im a sixers fan but i live in queens and thus i can see all the nets games, the kid is extremely impressive and hes a hard player not to root for.

He can shoot, penetrate, dish, and run the break, hes got it all. Hes leading a pretty young nets team and Im sure by years end he'll be recognized as one of the best PG's in the league.

After watching yesterdays Nets Jazz game i would be hard pressed to say who was better, deron or devon.

Devon DESTROYED Deron one on one, it was pretty funny to watch. Harris made williams look like a scrub

Afridi786
11-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Calderon: 13 ppg, 9.5 apg, pretty damn good imo.

Testaverde16
11-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Harris will be a stud for years, i've said since the beginning that trade would be better for the Nets, and I'm sticking to it.

They gave up way to much for Kidd even though he is a hell of a player, they gave up a lot of future talent for 2 years of contention and they're not even contenders.

It sucks because I used to like Dallas, but that was a stupid trade.

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

i agree, pretty good, but thats the same amount of points and assists he was getting last year pretty much.

I remember all those Raptor fans saying how now that TJ Ford was gone, Calderon would average 18 and 12 or some rediculous stuff like that, and I bought into it. It actually made sense.

But he hasnt improved, hes the same, which isnt a bad thing. Thing is, Harris has DRASTICALLY improved and is now a top tier point guard.

Calderon is a very good player, but hasnt made any significant strides this year.

Halladay
11-30-2008, 04:35 PM

Calderon hasnt exploded like everyone (including myself) expected him to and is NOT an all star caliber point guard while Harris is (RIGHT NOW)

its as simple as that!

If I wanted to be a complete homer id say that ANDRE MILLER is the best point guard in the east but that would just be ********, Harris is obviously the best in the east, he's been playing phenomenally. Im a sixers fan but i live in queens and thus i can see all the nets games, the kid is extremely impressive and hes a hard player not to root for.

He can shoot, penetrate, dish, and run the break, hes got it all. Hes leading a pretty young nets team and Im sure by years end he'll be recognized as one of the best PG's in the league.

After watching yesterdays Nets Jazz game i would be hard pressed to say who was better, deron or devon.

Devon DESTROYED Deron one on one, it was pretty funny to watch. Harris made williams look like a scrub

Calderon hasnt exploded? Thats because he did last season. He almost made history with the best assist/turnover ratio ever, was one of 5 or 6 players in the history of the NBA to have a season where he shot 90% (or higher) from the line, 40% from 3(or higher) and 50% from the field (or higher) and Calderon is still putting up similar numbers on one leg this year. Harris can beat anyone one-on-one no doubt but I dont believe that makes him a superior guard to anyone else in the East. And I think he already is recognized as one of the best PG's in the league but as far as him being the best in East, that's debateable IMO.

Harris this year-

0.477 FG% 0.269 3P% 0.796 FT% 6.3 APG 1.3 SPG 3.4 RPG 23.5 PPG

Calderon-

0.445 FG% 0.383 3P% 1.000 FT% 9.5 APG 0.7 SPG 3.1 RPG 13.2 PPG

Halladay
11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
i agree, pretty good, but thats the same amount of points and assists he was getting last year pretty much.

I remember all those Raptor fans saying how now that TJ Ford was gone, Calderon would average 18 and 12 or some rediculous stuff like that, and I bought into it. It actually made sense.

But he hasnt improved, hes the same, which isnt a bad thing. Thing is, Harris has DRASTICALLY improved and is now a top tier point guard.

Calderon is a very good player, but hasnt made any significant strides this year.

Well, he is putting up pretty much the same PPG and APG as last year but I never really thought his PPG would go up close to 17 or 18 a game, just keep in mind that we picked up Jermaine O'neal in the offseason so that will take shots away from Jose and the fact that Bosh is first or second in the league in scoring this year doesnt help Jose's PPG either. As far as his APG going up, I think it will come with time. He'll be over 10 APG by seasons end, I'd put money on it. Thing is with Harris is that since NJ traded Jefferson away, he's relied on more to score then he has been in the past. I dont think there's any doubt about that. Harris is the first or second scoring option with Carter(I assume that Carter takes more shots per game) where as Calderon is the third scoring option on the Raptors.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Kidd was just way past his prime, Last night I was at the Net's-Jazz game, and they made Harris look like Allen Iverson, Devin put on a show.

unwantedplayer
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
the nets

JIDsanity
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Nets got Harris, Ryan Anderson, Keyon Dooling, and next years Dallas 1st round Pick. I think they won.

raptor fan
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
the nets definately won this deal.

bidi_nash
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Nets won this one. Harris has been playing awesome

blacknell
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
NJ by far

jimbobjarree
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM

lol deron has better numbers at like 75% fitness

LeBrowns
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Is this even a question? Harris has been a beast.

DreamShaker
11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I personally believe that Devon Harris could be in the league of Chris Paul and Deron Williams, not so much as a distributor, but he is as good of a scorer as both those guys and the killer speed he has really allows him to play at their level.

He absolutely tore up Deron Williams one on one yesterday, i honestly felt bad for Deron because he couldnt guard Harris to save his life.

ive been very impressed by Harris and I think the Nets ran away with that one.

Harris is now the best point guard in the East

D-Will is still recovering from injury but I can't think of many people who can guard Harris....he's like Barbosa with a brain....

canzano55
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Devon DESTROYED Deron one on one, it was pretty funny to watch. Harris made williams look like a scrubHe destroyed Calderon one-on-one as well but when you're talking about PG's with an extensive talent bracket then there's only about a few PG's in the league Calderon included.

Young PG's like Harris and Derrick who use their exuberance to blow by opposing defenders and make exciting passes in the lane are fun to watch but that doesn't mean they have anything close to a complete game.

Calderon is in the ilk of the gifted but few PG's who take the easy shots and manage their offense in an expert fashion. They're the kind of PG's who win games but don't necessarily have "All-Star" written all over them.

Whatever you want to say though, unfortunately the only arguments that hold water are the ones that bear facts. In Calderon last 160 games or so he's averaged over 45% in field goal percentage and over 40% from three point land. Also in that time he averaged just under 10 assists and one of the lowest turnover ratios in the NBA.

Anyways regarding the thread; yes NJ obviously got the better end of the deal even though Harris looks better playing on a relatively bad team.

SaimoNETS
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Start Devin Harris for the All Star Game!!!

carlo
11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Nets got Harris, Ryan Anderson, Keyon Dooling, and next years Dallas 1st round Pick. I think they won.

I think this comment puts the thread to rest.

LA_Raiders
11-30-2008, 09:48 PM
NJ, DAL wont make the POs

kvrnm
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
devin harris is the best point in the east. raptors fans need to cool it on calderon , he isnt that good of scorer and his defense is subpar. what he is though is a floor general, and sets others very well.

theuuord
11-30-2008, 10:53 PM
To take the argument in a relatively statistical direction, Devin Harris has an offensive rating of 127 while using 27% of his team's possessions. That's relatively amazing, even for a short span like this. It'll be nearly impossible to keep up simply because he's not one of the top 10 to 15 players in the league, but it's damn impressive as it is.
To compare, last year Chris Paul had an offensive rating of 125 while using 25% of his team's possessions. Yes, it's that good. Paul is a better defender and more complete point guard, so he's obviously a more valuable player, but that is just an example of how good Harris has been.

Calderon has an offensive rating of 123 while using 17% of his team's possessions - less than the average (20% is average, consider 5 players on the floor at one time - 1/5 of possessions is 20%). That is also very good, but not unthinkable.

I think it's clear that so far this season, Harris has been a superior player...

JIDsanity
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
D-Will is still recovering from injury but I can't think of many people who can guard Harris....he's like Barbosa with a brain....

lol

Nets fan 93
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Either your jealous or you havent been watching Harris.
Nets won... maybe one of the best trades the Nets ever made

Nets fan 93
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
NJ, DAL wont make the POs

neither will those raiders;)
I see both teams making the playoffs

LA_Bron
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Mavs just don't know how to hang on to their PGs (Nash anyone?)

theuuord
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Jesus Christ, I know this is a small sample size but did anyone see what Harris did TONIGHT??

The Nets might actually be for real...

DreamShaker
11-30-2008, 11:45 PM
To take the argument in a relatively statistical direction, Devin Harris has an offensive rating of 127 while using 27% of his team's possessions. That's relatively amazing, even for a short span like this. It'll be nearly impossible to keep up simply because he's not one of the top 10 to 15 players in the league, but it's damn impressive as it is.
To compare, last year Chris Paul had an offensive rating of 125 while using 25% of his team's possessions. Yes, it's that good. Paul is a better defender and more complete point guard, so he's obviously a more valuable player, but that is just an example of how good Harris has been.

Calderon has an offensive rating of 123 while using 17% of his team's possessions - less than the average (20% is average, consider 5 players on the floor at one time - 1/5 of possessions is 20%). That is also very good, but not unthinkable.

I think it's clear that so far this season, Harris has been a superior player...

Harris was actually known for his defense as a member of the Mavs....Paul is better of course but Harris might be a better defender....

theuuord
11-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Harris was actually known for his defense as a member of the Mavs....he's a pretty complete player....

Harris is a fine defender, no doubt, but he's not in the same league as Chris Paul, who is in my opinion the best defensive point guard in the league...

Macedonian
11-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Devin Harris tonight vs. Suns:

47 pts, 7 reb, 8 ast, 1 stl, 14-25 fg, 17-17 ft

:clap: :clap: :clap:

innovator
11-30-2008, 11:54 PM
harris is the best PG in the east

Kyben36
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
God, this is a pointless treat. its a theoretical Quesiton. Of cource the Nets got the better end. Younger, better point Guard for less $.

canzano55
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I think it's clear that so far this season, Harris has been a superior player...Lets wait to the end of the season.

Afridi786
12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
God, this is a pointless treat. its a theoretical Quesiton. Of cource the Nets got the better end. Younger, better point Guard for less $.

Better scorer, not a better point guard.

Draco
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Dallas isn't going anywhere with Kidd and need to rebuild.. a good place to start would have been with Harris. They lose in this trade independent of the Nets end of the deal.

MiamiHeat
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
The Nets are looking like they got the better end

Nets fan 93
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM

its as simple as that!

Nice post.
But BTW His name is Devin not Devon lol:pl

NANDOKNICK
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
The Nets or Trail Blazers will win the Title,,those are the Teams
of the future..Only team that can stop them is the Lakers..
When Nets meet the Celtics...they will beat them.
Nets are getting better,,,Nets got Ryan Anderson and
Devin Harris...awesome.
Brook Lopez will be best Center in the East by year end.
Who was the knick pick, I forget ,Galiwhat?
The Nets do need a 3rd Point Guard.

Nets fan 93
12-02-2008, 07:36 PM
The Nets or Trail Blazers will win the Title,,those are the Teams
of the future..Only team that can stop them is the Lakers..
When Nets meet the Celtics...they will beat them.
Nets are getting better,,,Nets got Ryan Anderson and
Devin Harris...awesome.
Brook Lopez will be best Center in the East by year end.
Who was the knick pick, I forget ,Galiwhat?
The Nets do need a 3rd Point Guard.
WTF? Nets or Portland will win the title?
I see a Cavs vs Lakers finals matchup.. I do like the Nets and Blazers futures tho

Cavs_Fan24
12-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Nets won BIG TIME! I can't believe Dallas would throw away a future franchise PG for a washed up one. I mean, Harris was not THIS good at the time he was traded, but he still had a lot of potential. I would've never made that deal.

Nets fan 93
12-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Nets won BIG TIME! I can't believe Dallas would throw away a future franchise PG for a washed up one. I mean, Harris was not THIS good at the time he was traded, but he still had a lot of potential. I would've never made that deal.
Kidd isnt washed up...

hotpotato1092
12-02-2008, 11:46 PM
wait somebody actually had to ask this question? Really? The nets were winners the second they made the deal.

NYMetros
12-02-2008, 11:53 PM
harris is the best PG in the east

He still needs to do it for an entire season to be better than Iverson.

JordansBulls
12-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Dallas isn't going anywhere with Kidd and need to rebuild.. a good place to start would have been with Harris. They lose in this trade independent of the Nets end of the deal.

But they were in a win now mode when they got him.

Vinny642
12-03-2008, 01:42 AM
they called a do or die type thing and died..

#1Mavericksfan
12-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Man I'm getting sick of people on here only looking at the Nets side of the trade, the Mavs cleared cap to if anyone didn't notice....the only contracts on the Mavs that go past 2010 are Diop, Terry and Dampier but Dampier final year is not guaranteed, the Mavs are gonna have alot of cap space to work with but I guess nobody noticed it because they where to busy on Devin and the Nets Joc.

Manos
12-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Nets.

king4day
12-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Man I'm getting sick of people on here only looking at the Nets side of the trade, the Mavs cleared cap to if anyone didn't notice....the only contracts on the Mavs that go past 2010 are Diop, Terry and Dampier but Dampier final year is not guaranteed, the Mavs are gonna have alot of cap space to work with but I guess nobody noticed it because they where to busy on Devin and the Nets Joc.

I think Harris is more valuable than the extra cap space.

juggla53
12-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Mavs fans everywhere must be changing the chanel everytime the nets highlights are on sportscenter

Nets fan 93
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I think Harris is more valuable than the extra cap space.
I like Harris a lot... what a wonderfull trade.. forget about cap.. we have the future and cap lol