PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom to ??? Maybe LAC or MIN or ???

Trade Bait
11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Anyone interested in Lamar Odom at this stage of the season?

I'd be happy with a trade for Camby (LAC) or; for Miller (MIN)

Jonathan2323
11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Odom for Marion

Kyben36
11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Bulls would be. Probably Noch and Hinrich for Odom and a Filler. It gives you bench depth and gives the Bulls expiring contracs and gets rid of our large contracts as well. and since you arnt looking to rebuild, You dont need expirings and your over cap anyway. I think it works for everyone. Plus it gives the Bulls a post player. Not a great one but we would move him to PF and hopefully give him touches down low.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Lamar Odom for Wally Szczerbiak

Starting Lineups

Cleveland:
C-Ilgauskis
PF-Wallace
SF-Odom
SG-James
PG-Williams

LAL:
C-Bynun
PF-Gasol
SF-Bryant
SG-Szczerbiak
PG-Fisher

Storch
11-29-2008, 11:43 PM
No way, you must have a little too much to drink tonight. :drunk:

There is no way that the lakers would break up their close to perfect team unless its some kind of obviously skewed trade favoring the lakeshow.

DownUnder
11-29-2008, 11:58 PM
For the sake of conversation, though I don't think they'll trade him just yet:-

Marion - too expensive to re-sign

Hinrich + Nocioni - I like it a lot but you'll have to take Walton with him to make the $$$ work.

Szerbiak - gives us nothing

I like the Camby and Miller too.

boeknows
11-30-2008, 02:45 AM
First we dont want to get rid of Miller and if we did it would be for someone more useful to us than Odom.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Odom for VC
Odom for Redd

Wilson
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Odom for Marion

Would be too expensive to re-sign at the end of the season.

Bulls would be. Probably Noch and Hinrich for Odom and a Filler. It gives you bench depth and gives the Bulls expiring contracs and gets rid of our large contracts as well. and since you arnt looking to rebuild, You dont need expirings and your over cap anyway. I think it works for everyone. Plus it gives the Bulls a post player. Not a great one but we would move him to PF and hopefully give him touches down low.

That trade would give us more depth at SF and PG/SG, where we already have depth (especially at SF). I don't think Jerry Buss is interested in long, expensive contracts, since he's got extentions for Farmar, Ariza and Kobe to worry about, and we're already paying luxury tax.

Odom for VC
Odom for Redd

VC is a SG who needs the ball in his hands. We already have a guy like that, I forget his name...:rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Would be too expensive to re-sign at the end of the season.

That trade would give us more depth at SF and PG/SG, where we already have depth (especially at SF). I don't think Jerry Buss is interested in long, expensive contracts, since he's got extentions for Farmar, Ariza and Kobe to worry about, and we're already paying luxury tax.

VC is a SG who needs the ball in his hands. We already have a guy like that, I forget his name...:rolleyes:

I forget his name too...lol

But IMO VC can guard the SF spot bettter than Odom

Wilson
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I forget his name too...lol

But IMO VC can guard the SF spot bettter than Odom

So can Trevor Ariza. We don't ask Odom to guard the SF. This season, we're asking him to provide energy at the PF spot off the bench, and he's been exceptional so far in that role.

When we need defense, Kobe can still lock in when he wants to, and Ariza can give us some good play there.

If we had VC, then that's another guy with a big, long contract, which isn't welcome when we're wanting to lock up Farmar and Ariza to long term contracts this summer, and Kobe's impending extention. Also, on offense, he needs the ball to be effective, as does Kobe. It doesn't make sense to bring in a guy who's that highly paid and ask him to take a step back. It especially doesn't make sense to trade for that when you're losing a guy who is playing his role to near perfection.

To top it off, I don't think the Nets would be interested in a VC for Odom swap...

Raps08-09 Champ
11-30-2008, 08:44 PM
So can Trevor Ariza. We don't ask Odom to guard the SF. This season, we're asking him to provide energy at the PF spot off the bench, and he's been exceptional so far in that role.

When we need defense, Kobe can still lock in when he wants to, and Ariza can give us some good play there.

If we had VC, then that's another guy with a big, long contract, which isn't welcome when we're wanting to lock up Farmar and Ariza to long term contracts this summer, and Kobe's impending extention. Also, on offense, he needs the ball to be effective, as does Kobe. It doesn't make sense to bring in a guy who's that highly paid and ask him to take a step back. It especially doesn't make sense to trade for that when you're losing a guy who is playing his role to near perfection.

To top it off, I don't think the Nets would be interested in a VC for Odom swap...

Im just saying random players with similar contracts

but if i was the lakers, ild rather want Carter than Odom any day of the week

and if you had a starting 5 of Bynum,Gasol,VC,KB and fisher that would be the best lineup ever

Wilson
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Im just saying random players with similar contracts

but if i was the lakers, ild rather want Carter than Odom any day of the week

and if you had a starting 5 of Bynum,Gasol,VC,KB and fisher that would be the best lineup ever

No it wouldn't. VC is obviously more individually talented than Vlademir Radmanovic. However, Radman is a much better fit for us, as long as Kobe is here. There just aren't enough basketballs (or dollars) around for this to work. Think about it, you want to run the offense through Bynum and Pau down low, but you also want Kobe to get his touches so he can take over when needed. Put Carter there, and first of all, you lose the defense-stretching shooting of Radman. Second of all, you add a 4th guy who needs touches to be as effective as he can be. Thirdly, you've got a 4th guy who wants to get into the lane. The court just isn't big enough.

It's also bad for the development of Bynum. The less touches he gets, the longer it takes him to develop his offensive game, which hurts the Lakers in the long run when Kobe and Pau start to age and slow down.

Once again, Jerry Buss wants nothing to do with VC's heavy, long contract, considering he has to re-sign Farmar and Ariza, and possibly Kobe this summer.

Balance will take you further than a collection of scorers.

kylem4711
11-30-2008, 10:24 PM
clips DO NOT want him

Lakers4ItAll
12-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm no Odom fan by any means because he is way too inconsistant but I say we keep him because he's a great 6th man

citizenc78
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Odom for Kirilenko?

Kirilenko Better Defensively? Odom could walk away this year? More offensive power for Utah (who I suppose don't need it?!)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~434&teams=26~13&te=&cash=

don'tfireNedCo
12-22-2008, 01:24 AM
do you people really think there is one clipperfan who wants to see the traitor odom back in our uni? especially for camby?
:crazy::crazy::crazy::bang::bang::bang::no::no::no ::pity::pity::pity::sleep:

Elliot.Cowan
12-22-2008, 09:28 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=987~558~617&teams=13~13~16&te=&cash=

I think this works well as Jason Collins gives us the back up big that LO fills, also an expiring soon.

midwestmadman
12-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm not so sure about that (Marion being to expensive to sign in the offseason) you have Odom coming of the books he is costing you what like 14M right now, so that is freed up plus if Marion can get you over the hump and win many players lighten up on there money demands when they win a championship, ultimately though trading to get Marion is a lateral move and it doesn't make them any more or less likely to win that Larry O'Brien trophy this season.

WntAbCEO
12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Odom for Dunleavy?

Heathmalc
12-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Cavs wouldn't trade Szczerbiak for Odom. Odom has more talent at this point in their careers, but Odom only comes to play every other game...plus his defense is REALLY bad... about as bad as Wally's... only he doesn't shoot as well as Wally.

Odom is a good pick-up for Chicago.. as he'd add a 4 who could actually score in the post and isnt an idiot. But NO WAY the Lakers take Nocioni and his crazy contract, and Kirk, and his bloated contract, for an expiring. Maybe if Chicago added Rose to the deal... then the Lakers would do it.

LOL

Wilson
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=987~558~617&teams=13~13~16&te=&cash=

Love it. Mike Miller is another guy who can play some perimeter defense and hit 3s, exactly what we need out of our starting SF. Collins gives us some depth up front, and has an expiring contract, which is another winner for us.

Whether the T-Wolves would accept or not depends on how highly they see Mike Miller in their future, and how much they value Odom's expiring contract.

KB24PG16
01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
never going to happen

agnine
01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Odom/Radmonovic for VC/Yi or Anderson
Too hard to replace a 10rpg player, but get back a big and it's a deal. And VC shoots at a high clip from the arc, wth he Kobe on the floor, opposing D would b very stretched.

NJhaslopezfever
01-05-2009, 03:33 AM
nets would say no, odom isnt the type of player we need or want add the fact were trying to rebuild and lose yi and or anderson

Wilson
01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Plus, WE DON'T WANT OR NEED VINCE CARTER.

All we need is role players. I don't want to pay someone $15 million to be a spot up shooter.

KB24PG16
01-06-2009, 08:40 PM
No way, you must have a little too much to drink tonight. :drunk:

There is no way that the lakers would break up their close to perfect team unless its some kind of obviously skewed trade favoring the lakeshow.

:clap:

rabueed
01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Love it. Mike Miller is another guy who can play some perimeter defense and hit 3s, exactly what we need out of our starting SF. Collins gives us some depth up front, and has an expiring contract, which is another winner for us.

Whether the T-Wolves would accept or not depends on how highly they see Mike Miller in their future, and how much they value Odom's expiring contract.

this is probably the most realistic trade that i have seen on this site that I love. To add to the post above me, he can also help us at the PG spot with our current injury problem (farmar and now sasha).

however, if we are going to trade with the bulls, I like this the most talent-wise, but it doesn't look too pretty for the lakers contract-wise:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~2456~3032~3002~617~1016&teams=13~13~13~4~4~4&te=&cash=

Wilson
01-13-2009, 11:00 AM
this is probably the most realistic trade that i have seen on this site that I love. To add to the post above me, he can also help us at the PG spot with our current injury problem (farmar and now sasha).

however, if we are going to trade with the bulls, I like this the most talent-wise, but it doesn't look too pretty for the lakers contract-wise:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~2456~3032~3002~617~1016&teams=13~13~13~4~4~4&te=&cash=

I think Nocioni would be a great fit for us, I'm sort of on the fence with Hinrich. I don't think the Lakers would be interested in Tyrus Thomas though, and the Bulls likely would not want Vladimir Radmanovic.

rabueed
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I think Nocioni would be a great fit for us, I'm sort of on the fence with Hinrich. I don't think the Lakers would be interested in Tyrus Thomas though, and the Bulls likely would not want Vladimir Radmanovic.

here's how i looked at it:

LO > TT

Radman < Nocioni

Farmar < Hinrich

we need a TT type player in case Bynum or Gasol go down. If either gets injured, LO won't be there anymore, and all they will have is Powell starting and Mihm backing them up. I just thought another backup would be good to have. Plus, TT can play some serious defense.

Nocioni is a lot like Radmanovic except he has a slightly more complete game.

Hinrich is better than farmar. Hinrich plays good perimeter D, and I believe he can shoot well if not trying to create his own shot. I know his FG% is low, but i think if he was open (like fisher is at the 3 point arc a lot of the time) and not having to create his own shot, then he'll be good.

all the descriptions above benefit the Lakers, but why is this good for the Bulls? well:

Radman replaces nocioni, so not much difference there.

Hinrich is out of the way and the bulls won't have to worry about him getting a lot of minutes, leaving room for rose. Plus, i think farmar can be a great PG in a different system. I don't think farmar fits into the triangle very well. Farmar will get backup minutes for rose as well, whereas hinrich would probably want more.

LO gets his starter role back. I think LO will play great in a system other than the Lakers as well. The triangle is a hard system to adjust to, and its not the player's fault if his game isn't adapt to the triangle.

FlashTastic One
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I don't want to give up Vlad. Sure he's frusterating at times, but he's deadly from behind the arch and with two legit big's the Lakers need all the spacing they can get with the first unit and Odom is vital the Lakers winning the championship this year. I may be the only one who feels like this, but Lamar deserves that ring with the Lakers... he's been extremely important since we aquired him. I don't see how that can change.

Though Powell has been playing well in his absence, a rotation of Odom, Gasol, Bynum has no drop off whatsoever.

Farmar is a solid point guard, whose young and wants to be a Laker. I go to Champs Sports, and I don't see Bynum jersey's, or even Gasol. I see Kobe Bryant, and Jordan Farmar. He's a good player, and a local boy whose extremely cheap.

The Lakers do not need to make a single trade. When everyone is healthy, they are the perfect team. 100%. They have every type of player at every type of position.

If they wanna sign players to ten day contracts while everyone is hurt, go ahead -- do that. But, you don't fix what's no broken, imho.

Elliot.Cowan
01-16-2009, 03:31 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=549~617~510&teams=14~14~13&te=&cash=

This gives the Lakers a defensive minded sf who can shoot the three. It gives Miami depth at C and puts LO back where he played well.

The only problem would be that I dont think the Lakers could resign Marion next year.

Wilson
01-16-2009, 02:32 PM
here's how i looked at it:

LO > TT

Radman < Nocioni

Farmar < Hinrich

we need a TT type player in case Bynum or Gasol go down. If either gets injured, LO won't be there anymore, and all they will have is Powell starting and Mihm backing them up. I just thought another backup would be good to have. Plus, TT can play some serious defense.

Nocioni is a lot like Radmanovic except he has a slightly more complete game.

Hinrich is better than farmar. Hinrich plays good perimeter D, and I believe he can shoot well if not trying to create his own shot. I know his FG% is low, but i think if he was open (like fisher is at the 3 point arc a lot of the time) and not having to create his own shot, then he'll be good.

all the descriptions above benefit the Lakers, but why is this good for the Bulls? well:

Radman replaces nocioni, so not much difference there.

Hinrich is out of the way and the bulls won't have to worry about him getting a lot of minutes, leaving room for rose. Plus, i think farmar can be a great PG in a different system. I don't think farmar fits into the triangle very well. Farmar will get backup minutes for rose as well, whereas hinrich would probably want more.

LO gets his starter role back. I think LO will play great in a system other than the Lakers as well. The triangle is a hard system to adjust to, and its not the player's fault if his game isn't adapt to the triangle.

For the Lakers it makes sense. TT is a very explosive scorer, I don't know how good he is on defense. I still prefer Powell though, his hustle off the bench is looking very useful to the Lakers.

Nocioni is an obvious upgrade for the Lakers at SF, but when you say "not much change there" for the Bulls, that's just wrong. Noc plays great defense, hits the three, and hustles like hell. Vlad will get hot from three every now and then, but besides that he's useless. He has no desire to play defense, he just wanders around doing nothing.

Farmar doesn't make a ton of sense for the Bulls either. He would be a nice back up PG, but if the Bulls are serious about trading Hinrich, they could probably get some help in the front court for him, which is a bigger issue for them at the moment.

I don't want to give up Vlad. Sure he's frusterating at times, but he's deadly from behind the arch and with two legit big's the Lakers need all the spacing they can get with the first unit and Odom is vital the Lakers winning the championship this year. I may be the only one who feels like this, but Lamar deserves that ring with the Lakers... he's been extremely important since we aquired him. I don't see how that can change.

Though Powell has been playing well in his absence, a rotation of Odom, Gasol, Bynum has no drop off whatsoever.

Farmar is a solid point guard, whose young and wants to be a Laker. I go to Champs Sports, and I don't see Bynum jersey's, or even Gasol. I see Kobe Bryant, and Jordan Farmar. He's a good player, and a local boy whose extremely cheap.

The Lakers do not need to make a single trade. When everyone is healthy, they are the perfect team. 100%. They have every type of player at every type of position.

If they wanna sign players to ten day contracts while everyone is hurt, go ahead -- do that. But, you don't fix what's no broken, imho.

I agree that if it's not broken don't fix it. I think the Lakers are broken though, and Vlad is a big reason why. As I said before, he plays absolutely no defense. He has no desire to, he has no fire.

As I've said before, this is true of pretty much every Laker this season. The difference with Vlad is, he doesn't give us anything on the offensive end. He's a very streaky shooter, you never know what he's going to give you there. With Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Fisher, you know what you're getting. With Vlad, you don't know if he's going to save you or kill you. There's no way of predicting it.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=549~617~510&teams=14~14~13&te=&cash=

This gives the Lakers a defensive minded sf who can shoot the three. It gives Miami depth at C and puts LO back where he played well.

The only problem would be that I dont think the Lakers could resign Marion next year.

Whilst Marion fits the mold we want for a SF (strong defensively, good three point shooter), I still don't think he's the right fit for us. He's had issues in the past with being the 3rd option, and one of our biggest headaches this season is how many attempts Andrew gets. I wouldn't want Marion to come in here taking shots away from Pau and Bynum.

Elliot.Cowan
01-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah maybe not Marion, I love my first thought though!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...3~16&te=&cash=

I think this works well as Jason Collins gives us the back up big that LO fills, also an expiring soon.

Wilson
01-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah maybe not Marion, I love my first thought though!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...3~16&te=&cash=

The link isn't working :(

Collins would make an alright back-up for us, I assume we're getting a little more back for Lamar though.

Elliot.Cowan
01-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Ooops sorry about that.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~987~558&teams=16~13~13&te=&cash=

Wilson
01-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Ooops sorry about that.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~987~558&teams=16~13~13&te=&cash=

That trade is great for us. With how poorly we've been rebounding the ball though, Odom might just be more valuable to us than he's ever been.

If Andrew was playing anywhere near his potential on the defensive end, I would be 100% behind this trade.

boeknows
01-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Ooops sorry about that.

Yeah once again horrible trade for the Wolves why would we do this?

Elliot.Cowan
01-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Because LO only has one year left, which would help the wolves in FA

qrich
01-20-2009, 03:38 AM

Not enough incentive for Minnesota. Very least you could do is switch Collins with the contract of Cardinal

Wilson
01-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah I've spoken to some Wolves fans about this. I thought that Odom's expiring would be valuable to them, but he creates a logjam at PF for them.

boeknows
01-21-2009, 01:54 AM

And who exactly do u think we are going to sign with that space? Especially since we are going to have 3 or 4 first rounders this year.

Elliot.Cowan
01-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Ha! Chill man was just an idea...

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
odom for marion

Wilson
01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
odom for marion

Boooooooooo!!!!

Marion had issues with being the 3rd guy in Phoenix, and we don't want him coming in here taking away shots from Pau and Bynum. He can hit the three and defend though, so he's not as bad of an option as some other guys.

He can also slide up to PF when Pau or Andrew need a rest, with Ariza coming in at SF, so we don't lose all the flexibility Odom gives us.