PDA

View Full Version : The Blazers are impressive

oldenpolynice
11-29-2008, 08:33 PM
They can play any style, have talent off the bench and can count on Brandon Roy in the clutch to deliver wins. Nate McMillan is an excellent coach. They play as a team. They don't make mistakes.

I'm really excited for their chances in the playoffs this season.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/29/the-blazers-are-impressive/

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
yes they are

NYMetros
11-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Definitely a playoff team. Think about how much better they will be once Oden gets more adjusted to the NBA.

Tblaze
11-29-2008, 08:40 PM
I like how we're playing right now :)

Burkey3472
11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
They have a tone of young talent and should be able to make the playoffs easily, but i think it will be a year or two before they go deep into the playoffs

oldenpolynice
11-29-2008, 08:51 PM
They have a tone of young talent and should be able to make the playoffs easily, but i think it will be a year or two before they go deep into the playoffs

I think it'll happen sooner than you think. Brandon Roy is a superstar capable of leading this team far. They have all the tools to contend and a great coach who gets full effort from them on a nightly basis.

Tblaze
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I think it'll happen sooner than you think. Brandon Roy is a superstar capable of leading this team far. They have all the tools to contend and a great coach who gets full effort from them on a nightly basis.

In the regular season: yes, but the playoffs is a whole different game, and they haven't played there yet... so it's unknown how they will perform there.

jimbobjarree
11-29-2008, 09:10 PM
they'l make the playoffs, I doubt they'l go far this year though

LakersOrNothing
11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Agreed, Portland's been playing amazing. They will take one of the playoff spots between 5-8. I believe they can do it if they all stay healthy, and could possibly upset many teams during the playoffs while they're at it. Even if they don't advance far, hell, it's a great shot to even be in it with such a young team. They are definitely the FUTURE if they continue to improve under Coach McMillan. I'm actually excited to see all this go down!

Great coach in McMillan, great leader in Roy and a bunch of very talented role players who are actively improving on a daily basis.. scary :clap:

oldenpolynice
11-29-2008, 09:30 PM
they'l make the playoffs, I doubt they'l go far this year though

If they get the 4th seed, I think they'll make it to at least the second round. Ultimately it depends on whether the Hornets get their ******* together or not.

Chronz
11-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Their offense has been but there D needs some help, I thought Oden was suppose to make them elite defensively? I guess its kind of hard when he only plays 20 minutes a night.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
They already have 3 of 5 pieces necesary to fulminate any competition Roy, Aldrige And Oden.

They also have the bench in Blake, Batum, Webster, Frye and Przbyla.

Now if they could only package Sergio Rodriguez, Baylless,Rudy, Outlow,DIogu and Lafrentz and get a Good PG and an allstar SF they could win NOW. st

I know that Rudy , Bayless and Outlow are all good, but they need to start and that is not happening in this team.

oldenpolynice
11-29-2008, 09:46 PM
They already have 3 of 5 pieces necesary to fulminate any competition Roy, Aldrige And Oden.

They also have the bench in Blake, Batum, Webster, Frye and Przbyla.

Now if they could only package Sergio Rodriguez, Baylless,Rudy, Outlow,DIogu and Lafrentz and get a Good PG and an allstar SF they could win NOW. st

I know that Rudy , Bayless and Outlow are all good, but they need to start and that is not happening in this team.

Trading Rudy right now is a horrible idea. No offense, I know you only think that because he's not getting enough minutes. But the crowd loves that guy. And he hits big shots for them. He's an important part of the team's success.

Chronz
11-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Trading Rudy right now is a horrible idea. No offense, I know you only think that because he's not getting enough minutes. But the crowd loves that guy. And he hits big shots for them. He's an important part of the team's success.

Agreed, hes your most efficient scorer far too important to that number 2 ranked offense.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2008, 11:13 PM

Yes but its a Calderon Vs Tj Ford Situation.

it may not explode now, but it can explode next year, and that kind of situations are always bad for the locker room.

so either him or Roy will have to go sooner or later.

I dont Think Roy will be the one going so i think its better sell while hype is high, after 2 or three years of 20 minute play his value wont be better than now.

Chronz
11-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes but its a Calderon Vs Tj Ford Situation.

it may not explode now, but it can explode next year, and that kind of situations are always bad for the locker room.

so either him or Roy will have to go sooner or later.

I dont Think Roy will be the one going so i think its better sell while hype is high, after 2 or three years of 20 minute play his value wont be better than now.

Not every player is as self absorbed as TJ, and honestly international players dont really come into the nba with as big of an ego (**** you V-Span), Calderon didnt mind coming off the bench did he.

lakers4sho
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I think the Blazers lineup is good as it is right now. They just need time to get things straightened out and work well as a team. By next season they should be a major force in the West.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Not every player is as self absorbed as TJ, and honestly international players dont really come into the nba with as big of an ego (**** you V-Span), Calderon didnt mind coming off the bench did he.

No, but he clearly told the FO that once his contract was up, if he was not starting he wanted to be somwhere else.

znick21
11-29-2008, 11:51 PM
No, but he clearly told the FO that once his contract was up, if he was not starting he wanted to be somwhere else.

have you heard of manu ginobili? he doesn't start but still gets starter minutes. just like rudy does. don't be ********.

TheFuture6
11-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Should be a good race for the NW Division crown.

Hellcrooner
11-30-2008, 02:03 AM
have you heard of manu ginobili? he doesn't start but still gets starter minutes. just like rudy does. don't be ********.

Why be the 6th man and 4uth or 5th scoring option and get 10ppg money when he can really develop into a secon option somwhere and earn Second Option money?

theimortalone
11-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Yes they are! They are the team of the next five years easily. They have so much talent that it is ridiculous!

unwantedplayer
11-30-2008, 02:18 AM
scary team, even when they are young

znick21
11-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Why be the 6th man and 4uth or 5th scoring option and get 10ppg money when he can really develop into a secon option somwhere and earn Second Option money?

let's see. last year manu ginobili averaged 19.5 points a game. duncan 19.3. parker 18.8. so that would make him what scoring option? yeah first.

he also made 9.9 mil last year in comparison to parker's 11.5 and duncan's 20.6.

10 mil a year is pretty freaking good. the blazers can offer him just as much as any other team can and they will. so why would he sign with another team when he can make the same amount on a blazer's team that is going to contend for championships year in and year out? unless you are stupid enough to believe he will get duncan money which he won't.

moron.

Hellcrooner
11-30-2008, 02:31 AM
^ Not Duncan money, but mmm Odom money?

and i didnt insult you personally-

znick21
11-30-2008, 02:38 AM
odom doesn't even start and is nowhere near the 2nd scoring option! he makes 11.4 mil a year that's almost the same amount that ginobili makes. he can get that with the blazers and will.

your arguments are idiotic and have absolutely no merit.

be real.

lakers4sho
11-30-2008, 03:05 AM
As of right now Rudy doesn't have the experience to be a starter. He still jacks up a lot of threes, and he doesn't drive to the lane like he used to (in Spain). Plays above average defense, but gambles a lot which leaves shooters wide open. I know he'll improve over time, but if right now if your basis for argument he's not good enough to be a starter just yet.

I love Rudy and all (no homo) and support him, but I'm not going to be biased with my opinions.

Ansy
11-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Hastily trading the 3rd best player on the team because there MIGHT be problems later would be really stupid. If there's a problem with Rudy later then trade him later. Right now take advantage of his immense talent.

Oden has been very impressive considering how out of shape he is. Athletically the guy is just a shell of what he was in high school, and he's still been pretty productive. When he gets his agility back we could be Mutombo with offense. There's no guarantee he gets that agility back though -- he did put on 40 pounds of muscle in his upper body and that's bound to slow him down at least somewhat.

Chronz
11-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Who TJ or Calderon, either way what makes you think Rudy is the same way? As for your money complaints GM's are getting better at recognizing players value, you dont need to play huge minutes to get a fat contract. If Rudy really wanted the money and the fame, he wouldve stayed overseas

NANDOKNICK
11-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Blazers are young but they have the talent and the coach to
win the nba title and so do the nj nets. Nets are big and young
like the blazers and they are loaded with talent
nets back court does 47 points per game..and they have 5 guys
that can play center. Small forwards hayes and simmons have expereience and talent as does carter. Nets also, have an excellent coach.

GregOden#1
11-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Hastily trading the 3rd best player on the team because there MIGHT be problems later would be really stupid. If there's a problem with Rudy later then trade him later. Right now take advantage of his immense talent.

Oden has been very impressive considering how out of shape he is. Athletically the guy is just a shell of what he was in high school, and he's still been pretty productive. When he gets his agility back we could be Mutombo with offense. There's no guarantee he gets that agility back though -- he did put on 40 pounds of muscle in his upper body and that's bound to slow him down at least somewhat.

He seems timid sometimes, but so did Amare and everyone else that went through MF surgery.

If the playoffs started today they'd most likely be a first round exit, but they get better every game and after December 11th they'll have played 40% of their road games, they're schedule starts getting VERY easy soon.