PDA

View Full Version : Has AI finally "aged?"

IversonIsKrazy
11-29-2008, 05:36 PM
i noe its early but hes avging a career low 18ppg, and 5/6 apg and less then 2 spg. is it that he is just getting used 2 the pistons and will find ai back in a month, or has he finally aged??

IversonIsKrazy
11-29-2008, 05:37 PM
so what does every1 think??

pcone78
11-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I think he aged a few years ago....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I think he aged a few years ago....

WOw.... He was 3rd in scoring last season. He averaged 26, and 7.

Has AI slowed down? IDK I think he's still adjusting, to the weapons on his team and how to utilize them all. That's all I think it is, so yea in a month IMO he'll be back to normal in a month.

fhatmanz
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
WOw.... He was 3rd in scoring last season. He averaged 26, and 7.

Has AI slowed down? IDK I think he's still adjusting, to the weapons on his team and how to utilize them all. That's all I think it is, so yea in a month IMO he'll be back to normal in a month.

time for a new psd name no? :rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
11-29-2008, 06:29 PM
time for a new psd name no? :rolleyes:
For his user title he should put
^not

ramz.n
11-29-2008, 06:51 PM
hes in Michael Curry's system where defense is first, hes trying to adjust to Wallace, Rip and Prince, and its not helping when he doesn't show up for practice but im sure Rasheed will straighten him out and he'll be back to that 20 + pt scorer

Lakersfan2483
11-29-2008, 07:33 PM
He's definitely not in his "prime" anymore and his impact on the game has gone down a great deal.

Ryan328
11-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I expect at the end of the year his numbers will be between 24-27 ppg

dbow1920
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
hell average 21 ppg

junion
11-29-2008, 08:11 PM
he aged, but still hasn't grown up.

lakers4sho
11-29-2008, 08:12 PM
You don't age in a couple of weeks...

It's called adjustment.

jcphik
11-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Iverson is just getting adjusted to a new environment, his stats are going to to go back up in aobut a week or 2

ARMIN12NBA
11-29-2008, 08:40 PM
You don't age in a couple of weeks...

It's called adjustment.

He was averaging 18 PPG in Denver. He is averaging 18 PPG in Detroit. He has basically been playing the same way with both teams...

Burkey3472
11-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I say he is just getting adjusted to a new system. He is only taking 14 per game which is his lowest since 1998, so that is why his average is so low and his assist total is down what, maybe 1 per game.

NYMetros
11-29-2008, 08:48 PM
No, he hasn't aged. He simply is playing the way the Pistons want him to play. He's taking less shots and dishing the ball more now. Notice how he averages about 5 less shots per game this year?

jimbobjarree
11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
he looked so awful in Denver this season, havnt seen much of him at the pistons

IversonIsKrazy
11-29-2008, 09:59 PM
hes bin taking less shots i noe, but i mean his assist numbers are low also, there at 5.8 a game. it used 2 b around 7.4 apg. I hope he goes back to himself in the next month.

kimchi'sworld
11-30-2008, 10:59 AM
If he's aged then so have all of his peers his age (Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Nash, Pierce, Allen.). It has more to do with trying to fit in a Detroit Pistons system. In Philly he was the only scorer in Denver he was one of 2 but in Detroit they have 3 other legitimate players that can score. Also you have to take into account that the amount of league leaders in scoring this year is low with only 3 players (Wade, LeBron, Bosh) averaging over 25 points a game

JayW_1023
12-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Iverson needs to be the focal point of the offense...problem is the Pistons roster is constructed for a balanced scoring effort.

Therefor he has been rendered pretty much ineffective...wheras Chauncey passes on the wealth, Iverson isn't the distributing type so other Pistons are forced to create more for themselves. Tayshaun Prince is clearly struggling in his new playmaking role (not a suprise seeing how his role has never changed in his NBA career).

If you also look at the fact that not only the offense has been inefficient, but their defense slipped as well, it's logical to see why the Iverson/Billups trade has been lopsided SO FAR.

Macedonian
12-01-2008, 08:43 AM
AI last night...
32 minutes... 9 pts, 1 reb, 3 ast!
Very poor contribution!

sp1derm00
12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
No, he hasn't "aged"... he's still playing 37mpg... i think the only thing that's changed is that his coaches are demanding that he plays defense now.

George Karl made it clear in the beginning of the year that he wants AI and Melo to take less shots and focus more on defense. Then, AI gets shipped to Detroit who plays at a different pace than he's used to and focus a LOT on defense.

AI might've aged a little, but i don't think it's drastic.

COLH
12-01-2008, 06:22 PM
He was averaging 18 PPG in Denver. He is averaging 18 PPG in Detroit. He has basically been playing the same way with both teams...

but when he was in Training Camp in Denver he mentioned that there was no plays that was getting called for him and he said 'oh dats weird', so the Nuggets were preparing themselves to be without AI

hyphy king 88
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I think he is just now showing signs of slowing down. He'll still put up good numbers but it might go down from there.

JayW_1023
12-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I would be a better idea to start Stuckey and use Iverson as a go to scorer on the second unit. Then he can play to his strengths. I doubt the size of Iversons ego will allow himself to have a bench role, but if I were Curry I would definately do this.

The Pistons have their foundation in defense and this should remain intact.

DerekRE_3
12-02-2008, 06:04 AM
If he's aged then so have all of his peers his age (Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Nash, Pierce, Allen.). It has more to do with trying to fit in a Detroit Pistons system. In Philly he was the only scorer in Denver he was one of 2 but in Detroit they have 3 other legitimate players that can score. Also you have to take into account that the amount of league leaders in scoring this year is low with only 3 players (Wade, LeBron, Bosh) averaging over 25 points a game

I had no idea that all players aged the same way. Now I'm not saying AI has aged or is "washed up" but with the way AI plays, he's bound to age faster than some of the guys you mentioned. AI is not a very big guy, at least by NBA standards, and has taken a beating over the course of his career.

Also, guys like Duncan don't rely on athleticism nearly as much as guys like Allen Iverson. Duncan still has a good amount left in the tank, especially considering how much talent, intelligence and how fundamentally sound the guy is.

Big R
12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
no, even though he says the pistons want him to be IVERSON they really dont, they want him to be a POINT GUARD and he only took 9 shots last game but if the pistons really want another title then rip needs to go to the bench and move iverson to SG and have stuckey starting at PG and let iverson be iverson everyone focus on defense and rebounding

Jdawg2372
12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
no, even though he says the pistons want him to be IVERSON they really dont, they want him to be a POINT GUARD and he only took 9 shots last game but if the pistons really want another title then rip needs to go to the bench and move iverson to SG and have stuckey starting at PG and let iverson be iverson everyone focus on defense and rebounding

yea i dont think hes in a good situation in detroit...its not a good fit for him or the rest of the pistons...the pistons play some of the best TEAM basketball in the NBA and thats not AI's style
as for slowing down...i dont think its a matter of him slowing down its the systems hes in...when he was in Philly, he was the unquestioned go-to guy...he could shoot 30-35 shots a game...he just wore out his welcome. in denver, he was with Melo and they had to share the shots and in detroit, its not a fit for him.

unwantedplayer
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
He has to adjust to his new role, as not the only scoring option on his team.

rhino17
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
i think he is just adjusting to a new team, he will be back in the 20s by the end of the season, he is also on a different kind of team

MiamiHeat
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
you can't expect him to do what he does all his career he will slow down and won't be available to do the stuff he used to do, He will become a better passer as he starts slowing down