PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury

jphxsuns
11-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Did you mavs fans see ESPN last night

"Mavericks interested in Stephon Marbury"

im personally a huge starbury fan and i think it can really make you guys a better team. having an allstar pg and a back up all star pg....u cant go wrong with that

your thoughts?

Spurred1
11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Eeeekkk...isn't there a chance of him clashing with Kidd? He can score, which is what we so sorely need but can he play any shred of defense?

thedfactor
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
The Mavericks should make a play for Marbury for the veteran's minimum. He would add a player who takes it strong to the basketball and still has plenty of skill to help the team. He most likely won't cause chemistry issues because he is going to be overjoyed to leave the Knicks behind and play for a contender.

BlondeBomber41
11-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Well the Mavericks need to do something, anything. So it wouldnt hurt. I mean the team is average right now.

Young2Kinsler
11-29-2008, 09:19 PM
He can score, so I say yes

#1Mavericksfan
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
He may be the new Nick Van Exel...I remember when people used to call Van Exel a cancer but then he was traded to the Mavs and played great and cause no problems, so I would give Marbury a chance it's he starts to become a cancer then cut him.

swells2048
11-30-2008, 10:59 AM
If he is free, and signs for cheap then yes. He will most likely be on his best behavior as he will be playing for a new contract and can blame everything on NY. Really I think this recent mess is more on D'Antoni than Marbury from what I've read/heard.

It would then allow us greater flexibility to move Stack.

thedfactor
11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
If he is free, and signs for cheap then yes. He will most likely be on his best behavior as he will be playing for a new contract and can blame everything on NY. Really I think this recent mess is more on D'Antoni than Marbury from what I've read/heard.

It would then allow us greater flexibility to move Stack.
Dallas should still attempt to acquire Corey Maggette once December 15th arrives. It's all up to whether or not Golden State wants to trade him or not, but it is possible. The word was either an equal in Jason Terry, which almost was a done deal heads up when Corey was a Clipper. Another option is swapping Stackhouse's expiring contract for CM. Nellie could be open to the idea, but will his sour relationship with Cuban step in the way...

Source : http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10716

nygiants242
11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I could see this workout for the Mavs for sure

swells2048
11-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Dallas should still attempt to acquire Corey Maggette once December 15th arrives. It's all up to whether or not Golden State wants to trade him or not, but it is possible. The word was either an equal in Jason Terry, which almost was a done deal heads up when Corey was a Clipper. Another option is swapping Stackhouse's expiring contract for CM. Nellie could be open to the idea, but will his sour relationship with Cuban step in the way...

Source : http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10716

I wouldn't mind getting CM especially for Stack and maybe even for Terry. (Terry's stock is high right now).

aWiLL 20
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I see this as a nice fit, he could even play the 2 guard in the starting line up because Kidd can guard most SG's in this league cuz of his size

MFFL2008
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Rumor is that he may be headed to the Mavs!! As a die hard Mavericks fan I don't know that I want a guy like this on my team. I know he is a great basketball player. I have known it for years, but will he come in and mess up the chemestry that we are trying to find right now? Is he a cancer?!! I know he is an all-star player, but he hasn't played in so long I wonder if he is even in shape. Give me your comments!!! Is he being a cry baby and needs to get over himself, or has he been treated unfair in New York? Go MAVS!!!!!

thedfactor
12-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Rumor is that he may be headed to the Mavs!! As a die hard Mavericks fan I don't know that I want a guy like this on my team. I know he is a great basketball player. I have known it for years, but will he come in and mess up the chemestry that we are trying to find right now? Is he a cancer?!! I know he is an all-star player, but he hasn't played in so long I wonder if he is even in shape. Give me your comments!!! Is he being a cry baby and needs to get over himself, or has he been treated unfair in New York? Go MAVS!!!!!
Do you have a recent source? Now its just speculation

MFFL2008
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Mark cuban!!!!!

#1Mavericksfan
12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
The Mavs could use him but I not getting my hopes up's about him....I remember I thought Steve Francis was gonna sign with the Mavs but he signed with the Rockets and hasn't done anything since.

swells2048
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
He could be an asset. The only way he gets a contract next year is to play well with a new team so I think it will be a low risk/high reward. If he comes in and causes trouble then cut him. My question is whose roster spot does he take? Singleton? Wright? Barea? Williams? Stack?

Spurred1
12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
^Stack's,hopefully.

aWiLL 20
12-03-2008, 08:14 PM
He could be an asset. The only way he gets a contract next year is to play well with a new team so I think it will be a low risk/high reward. If he comes in and causes trouble then cut him. My question is whose roster spot does he take? Singleton? Wright? Barea? Williams? Stack?

lol why would he take wright or barea's spot when they have been getting solid minutes? im thinking stack since he doesnt even suit out....lol