PDA

View Full Version : We have Best chance at beating the lakers

DrDEADalready
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Lakers are doing awesome this year. And look unstoppable. From looking at the records right now I think Jazz have the best chance at beating the Lakers out of the west than anyother team. we are 9-1 in the western conference and they are 11-0. other teams are no where near us when it comes to that. so given that we are healthy when we play against them. I feel like we have the best chance to destroy them. what do you think?

jimbobjarree
11-29-2008, 04:35 PM
It all about how we do in Phoenix next week I think, that'll show us where we are in comparison if Nash plays.

Last year they destroyed us cus they D'd Boozer so well, and he was the focus of our offense. Now we've played games without him and found a way to win without him I think we have a much improved chance of beating the Lakers this year.

...we still gotta sort out that road hoodoo

sportsnutzz
11-29-2008, 09:47 PM
We have the weakest schedule of all nba teams to this point, but yes I do think we are the best bet to beat the Lakers.

JordansBulls
11-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Lakers are doing awesome this year. And look unstoppable. From looking at the records right now I think Jazz have the best chance at beating the Lakers out of the west than anyother team. we are 9-1 in the western conference and they are 11-0. other teams are no where near us when it comes to that. so given that we are healthy when we play against them. I feel like we have the best chance to destroy them. what do you think?

The Jazz lack the size to beat the Lakers. I think really only a healthy Spurs team or the Rockets can beat the Lakers. Mainly because both teams have the star power and the defense as well as the size to deal with them.

Gaugler21
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a long time Utah Jazz fan, but we have the third worst defense in the NBA correct me if I'm wrong. They haven't been completely healthy all year long. Unless our defense inproves as well as our health I don't see it happening. Plus, we keep losing to teams we have no business losing to. We got blowin out by the New Jersey Nets the other night. I know we have some guys out but it's getting ridiculous. I went to two games on their early season east coast road trip against the Wizards and the Bobcats. We gave a winless Wizards team their first win. We still can't play well on the road, and I haven't seen any signs of a championchip caliber team. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and despite all the injuries 11-7 isn't nothing to complain about. I do expect this team to take off and show that caliber when everyone is healthy, but some things need to change and improve.

jimbobjarree
11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
^welcome to the Jazz forum, good call signing up.

and yeah, if we can never get healthy we got no chance, D Will looks nowhere near 100 percent, I dont know why he is back, that injury is a *****

futureman
12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
We have an improved defense. Because out of all the 11 games we have played, only one of those teams scored 100 points on us.

THE_FLASH_21
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
The Jazz lack the size to beat the Lakers. I think really only a healthy Spurs team or the Rockets can beat the Lakers. Mainly because both teams have the star power and the defense as well as the size to deal with them.

The Lakers can't match the Jazz's toughness... What they lack in size they get make up in Power/physical play..... The Jazz can beat the Lakers... Pau is a softy.. Bynum over hyped like Oden... But i give them this..They still have KB24...

jimbobjarree
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
can Brewer learn to at least slow Kobe...that could be invaluable

KobeDaMamba24
12-02-2008, 02:45 AM
hahahahaha Jazz cant hold lakers jocks if they prayed 2,we owned u last year. And were a lot better with the return of Bynum and Ariza. No chance

THE_FLASH_21
12-02-2008, 03:13 AM
^^^ Please... Bynum is the most overrated big man in the league... Even more then Oden... The Jazz are way tougher then the Lakers... It's just a matter of time before Princess Bryant starts running his mouth... The Lakers are gonna come back to earth soon. Kobe is selfish... He's gonna start seeing his scoring avg. and is gonna try to do everything on his own... Don't get to happy yet son... Ariza is medicore at best!!!! Calm all that Bynum and Ariza stuff down... their Medicore at best!!

jimbobjarree
12-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I dont see how you owned us, the series was basically 3-3, the last game kinda felt like a victory after we came back from such a huge deficit.

..lol and you Lakers shouldn't be baiting lol, you guys even have a thread warning you not to bait...embarassing

DrDEADalready
12-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Jazz fully healthy is Scarey. Flash is right. There size cant beat our toughness. we have so many options to put in the game with how deep we are. and hopefully Harpring get healthy and he can rough up kobe on defense. and bother him like he does other players with how physical he plays. plus to me on the road we match the play of the other team. we play teams at there level on the road. if you suck. we are probably going to suck. but if your good then we match your level of play. just like when we beat the Celtics last year on the road.

futureman
12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
We will not beat the lakers. This team hasn't proven that we have the defensive capability to do so. IMO we are about 1 injury away from becoming a lottery team this year.

DrDEADalready
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM
6 of our 7 losses from from crappy east coast teams what is it about the east coast that we play so bad. do we take them to lightly?

jimbobjarree
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
if we end up lottery what a waste of a seaosn, and the T Wolves will have 2 lottery picks :pity:

futureman
12-02-2008, 01:58 PM
if we end up lottery what a waste of a seaosn, and the T Wolves will have 2 lottery picks :pity:

I just found out it's top 22 protected. HOT DOG!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2009draftnotes.html

jimbobjarree
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
haha, what were we this year, 23 or something....could be useful.

still bad teams make trade, and so far we've been bad. Maybe KOC wont make a move because its down to injuries or whatever, which may even be worse for us, delaying our best.

lets just hope this December isnt as bad as last year

JAZZNC
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm sorry I couldn't hear what you were saying b/c you had your mouth full of Rocket wiener:laugh:

You have got to be the biggest Rocket homer on this entire forum. You've picked them to win the Championship for the past 3 years and they can't even get out of the first round. Why is this year going to be any different. The big 3 couldn't even make it 2 weeks without getting hurt how are they going to last a whole season? The Jazz won more playoff series last year then the Rockets have in Yao and McGrady's careers with the Rockets and for the matter McGrady's entire career.

jimbobjarree
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
^ahahahaha, I didnt know that JB loves the Rockets...ouch

THE_FLASH_21
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM
We will not beat the lakers. This team hasn't proven that we have the defensive capability to do so. IMO we are about 1 injury away from becoming a lottery team this year.

we havn't even been together the whole season... Will be great when we regroup!!!

jimbobjarree
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
exactly, still, we cant rely on that...especialy when Booz wants another week out :sigh:

THE_FLASH_21
12-05-2008, 12:06 AM
^ Yeah what sup with that ???