PDA

View Full Version : FAIL: Browns pursuing Bill Cowher?

Shieldsz
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Profootballtalk.com reports that the Browns are pursuing CBS analyst Bill Cowher to replace Romeo Crennel as their next head coach.

A "source with knowledge of the situation" tells PFT that the Browns have already approached Cowher and are willing to give him $8-9 million a year. It's widely believed that Cowher would require full decision-making control, so if the Browns want him they'd probably have to fire GM Phil Savage too. Savage's explicit email to a fan might give them enough incentive to do it.

If Bill was a Browns coach, i might have to KILL him. I know he won't though, he was born and raised in Pittsburgh (my dad and him grew up together). I doubt he would ever do that.

CubbieSteve
11-29-2008, 02:15 PM
There is no doubt Bill wants to be a coach again. With that said, I hope he has enough sense not to pursue a Browns head coaching job. Not only do they suck, his reign in Pittsburgh may become a bit tainted with this move. Not saying it will, but some people will completely write him off if he becomes the Browns coach.

I don't think he'd take that job. There will be many other openings, better ones, for him to look at.

And is it just me or is $8 or 9 million dollars a **** load of money for a coach? Holy crap.

NYMetros
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
That would probably be the most ******** thing he could possibly do. He knows Cleveland and Pittsburgh have a rivalry, going there would really just hurt his image that he projected towards Steelers fans during his decade plus coaching tenure with Pittsburgh.

myqntab
11-29-2008, 08:54 PM
i know i would never look at him the same way if he did

Shieldsz
11-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Agreed. I love Bill, but him coaching anywhere would be weird.. but the BROWNS?!?

Not only would he end up turning into a "losing" head coach, but he would be coaching on a HATED team

nygiants242
11-30-2008, 02:38 AM
I doubt he does that

Steely McBeam
11-30-2008, 03:04 AM
I know he brought a super bowl to pittsburgh and I love the guy but not many teams would have waited as long the steelers did for a championship. so if he does go browns fans should not expect instant results

myqntab
11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
the browns will expect instant results, and wont get it.....if he goes to that hated team (or the other hated team, the ravens), he forfeits his steeler legacy in my book

Wilson
11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
the browns will expect instant results, and wont get it.....if he goes to that hated team (or the other hated team, the ravens), he forfeits his steeler legacy in my book

Should be a while before the Ravens look for a new head coach.

Bill Cowher started his playing career with the Browns, and had one of the chairs from their old stadium in his office in Pittsburgh, so I wouldn't completely rule out him going there.

I hope he doesn't though. Like some have said, it will be weird seeing him go somewhere else, but Cleveland? :sigh:

JHG722
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
He's coming to Philly.

Shieldsz
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
:pity:

JHG722
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
:nod:

Shieldsz
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
:no:

CubbieSteve
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I guess Marty Schottenheimer (sp) is being rumored to go back to Cleveland. Dunno if it's got any credibility or not.

Wilson
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I guess Marty Schottenheimer (sp) is being rumored to go back to Cleveland. Dunno if it's got any credibility or not.

I saw a headline about that on ESPN.com, didn't read the article though. Hopefully he does, it would be weird to see Cowher in Cleveland.

stealaz #1
12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey to be honest i still feel some type of way from Cowher leaving us even though Im not mad at Tomlin it is what it is if he goes over there it would also have an added must win to the players on the team that was here when he left and feel like i do towards him,its all good though

Shieldsz
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't doubt Cowher going somewhere else.. but Cleveland? Hell no.

It would be sad to see him go, but I gotta say I love Tomlin.

Wilson
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't doubt Cowher going somewhere else.. but Cleveland? Hell no.

It would be sad to see him go, but I gotta say I love Tomlin.

Me too. There was a lot of pressure on him from the fans and players stepping in after Cowher, but he won the players over and that's the most important thing.

The fans will always sway from side to side as he has good stretches and bad stretches, but that he could come in and win the players over like he did, and be as succesful as he has been so far, shows that he really was the best guy for the job.

jesusncleats
12-08-2008, 11:16 PM
And then they WOKE UP! NUFF SAID

nwknet
12-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Cowher to the Skins

stealaz #1
12-12-2008, 09:53 PM
he might coach the HOLD YOUR BREATH "Lions"