PDA

View Full Version : Trades or signings

bloomerfan1
11-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I would say your not going to see much of either free agent signings or trades Dombrowski didnt fare well last season and can't afford to mess another off season up the only thing out of that whole deal that was worth anything was Cabrera.Im sure he is thinking I still have a job Im staying put

scottie
11-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I would say your not going to see much of either free agent signings or trades Dombrowski didnt fare well last season and can't afford to mess another off season up the only thing out of that whole deal that was worth anything was Cabrera.Im sure he is thinking I still have a job Im staying put

Dombrowski is one of the greatest GM to put a trade/signing out there. Don't judge on one 2 trades last year. No one is going to bo 100%

Bondomania
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
if we go into the season with the same lineup as last year, dombrowski will find himself out of a job at the end of the year.. this team is getting to old, and he has way to many bad contracts.. he needs to find a way to unload a guy or two and get some young guys into the lineup that will bring more energy.. this seems like a team that has become content being mediocre.. he definitly needs to shake up the lineup anyway he can

mark1125
11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
if we go into the season with the same lineup as last year, dombrowski will find himself out of a job at the end of the year.. this team is getting to old, and he has way to many bad contracts.. he needs to find a way to unload a guy or two and get some young guys into the lineup that will bring more energy.. this seems like a team that has become content being mediocre.. he definitly needs to shake up the lineup anyway he can

Hey........they are looking at Alex Cora. That should do the trick. :eyebrow:

JackB
11-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Eveybody was crapping on Danny Ainge for a couple of years. And what happens. He brings in two studs and the Celtics win it all. And they will win it all again this year when they lost what many were calling a key player. GM's make mistakes . Matt Millen made more then most .But DD has done right by us. I trust his judgement.

serGeant
12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
1. Trade OF Magglio Ordonez to Anaheim for C Jeff Mathis, IF Maicier Izturis, and P Jon Garland (who may accept arbitration from the Angels and would be an extra arm if LA lands Sabathia or Peavy).

2. Sign P Juan Cruz to close.

3. Sign OF Juan Rivera to replace Magglio in the outfield. In a full season, I bet Rivera could match Magg's power numbers and play even better defense for a tiny fraction of the price of Ordonez.

C Mathis
1B Cabrera
2B Polanco
SS Izturis
3B Inge
LF Rivera
CF Granderson
RF Raburn/platoon
DH Sheffield

1. Verlander
2. Bonderman
3. Garland
4. Galarraga
5. Miner/Robertson/Willis?

CL. Cruz

May not sound like an awesome lineup on paper, but last year's DID and they finished dead last...so why not try it on the cheap? If Cabrera starts off hot and Rivera gets a full season in, I think the only dropoff you would see with this lineup is PRICE

bloomerfan1
12-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Show me where the monsy will come from to sign anyone?? Are you gonna pay 50 for a ticket bet not

bloomerfan1
12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
1. Trade OF Magglio Ordonez to Anaheim for C Jeff Mathis, IF Maicier Izturis, and P Jon Garland (who may accept arbitration from the Angels and would be an extra arm if LA lands Sabathia or Peavy).

2. Sign P Juan Cruz to close.

3. Sign OF Juan Rivera to replace Magglio in the outfield. In a full season, I bet Rivera could match Magg's power numbers and play even better defense for a tiny fraction of the price of Ordonez.

C Mathis
1B Cabrera
2B Polanco
SS Izturis
3B Inge
LF Rivera
CF Granderson
RF Raburn/platoon
DH Sheffield

1. Verlander
2. Bonderman
3. Garland
4. Galarraga
5. Miner/Robertson/Willis?

CL. Cruz

May not sound like an awesome lineup on paper, but last year's DID and they finished dead last...so why not try it on the cheap? If Cabrera starts off hot and Rivera gets a full season in, I think the only dropoff you would see with this lineup is PRICE

Right now Maggs is the most reconisable player we have not to mention the RBI guy he is so you lose thoses RBI to get whom?????? You have now given the Tigers probably the worst outfield in the league other than Grandy

Bondomania
12-04-2008, 02:23 PM
first off.. the tigers have 18 mill. to spend this offseason.. there are some moves that can be made.. and second, no i wouldn't pay 50 bucks a ticket. I am still in college and am broke most of the year.. however, i would pay 10 to 20 bucks for some upperdeck tickets.. i love the tigers, and will still support them..

That trade for Maggs is garbage.. Izturis isn't very good.. Mathis has yet to proove that he will be an every day player in the majors.. and Garland is what he is.. I don't think that Garland will accept Arbitration.. he is young and could still command some decent money on the open market.. in fact he is the type of guy that i want to see the tigers go after.. not real pretty from a strikeout aspect, however, the guy is a winner and always seems to find a way to go deep into games.. i would float a 2 or 3 year deal to him this offseason.. Maggs could fetch a pretty nice bounty of upper-tier prospects.. I just don't think the Angels and Detroit match up well.. the tigers are looking for young pitching prospects, and a stopgap catcher.. we have a few catching prospects coming up through the minors, and they should be ready in 2 years.. and we are starting to really develop a bunch of IF prospects, with two SS prospects that might contribute this year.. and we have a few 2B prospects as well.. and a couple of 3B prospects.. although, the 3B prospects are further from being major league ready than any of the other positions.. and we have a ton of OF prospects that will be ready to contribute, if not this year, then for sure in 2010