PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Celtics are so good it's scary!

TickTickBoom
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
The 2008 Boston Celtics are incredible. They're even better than they were last year. The last 5 games not one of the big 3 has played more than 33 minutes and, they're 5-0. Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are getting plenty of rest because the bench is so good. I thought losing James Posey was going to make a huge difference but, the way Tony Allen is playing and, how much Leon Powe has improved, I think they're bench is even better. Tonight Pierce and Garnett scored 22 points combined and, they were still up by more than 30 points in the 4th quarter. Rajon Rondo is quickly turning into one of the best PG's in basketball with his incredible defense, his ability to blow by anybody that's guarding him at will, his rebounding, his assist to turnover ratio and, his toughness, he's starting to remind me of a young Jason Kidd. The 2008 Boston Celtics might go down as one of the greatest teams of all time.

BADizzleBoY
11-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Ireallllllllyhateyourface

Wilson
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
They're a great team. Looking forward to the Lakers - Celtics games this season :clap:

ink
11-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Love em or hate em, the Celtics are a great team.

rhjr06
11-28-2008, 11:16 PM
The 2008 Boston Celtics are incredible. They're even better than they were last year. The last 5 games not one of the big 3 has played more than 33 minutes and, they're 5-0. Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are getting plenty of rest because the bench is so good. I thought losing James Posey was going to make a huge difference but, the way Tony Allen is playing and, how much Leon Powe has improved, I think they're bench is even better. Tonight Pierce and Garnett scored 22 points combined and, they were still up by more than 30 points in the 4th quarter. Rajon Rondo is quickly turning into one of the best PG's in basketball with his incredible defense, his ability to blow by anybody that's guarding him at will, his rebounding, his assist to turnover ratio and, his toughness, he's starting to remind me of a young Jason Kidd. The 2008 Boston Celtics might go down as one of the greatest teams of all time.

bostons real test will be when they play the Lakers.....

Wilson
11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
bostons real test will be when they play the Lakers.....

The Celtics passed that test in the finals, it's more of a test for LA.

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
^^ not really because the lakers are clearly the best team in the league

ink
11-28-2008, 11:27 PM
^^ This is not a Lakers thread btw. Let's stay on topic.

avsman05
11-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Boston is a great team they had a "slow" start but they are 13-2 and are definately favorites out of the east.

Hustla23
11-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Boston is worse than last year.

They lost Posey and the big three are a year older.

Nonetheless, they're still the best team in the east.

But the Lakers are going to kill them in the finals.

The Lakers look friggin unstoppable right now.

tonercharmer
11-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Erase the celtics and make it a Laker thread more peolpe are interested in the present not the past and obviously the present and future champions reside in Los Angeles.

L.A ALL THE WAY........

rhjr06
11-29-2008, 12:25 AM
the celtics passed that test in the finals, it's more of a test for la.

that was last year...we are talking about this year...lakers are the most dominant team right now so it will be a test for boston.....

jimbobjarree
11-29-2008, 12:28 AM
why didnt these guys beat the Nuggets 2 weeks ago?

Wilson
11-29-2008, 12:34 AM
that was last year...we are talking about this year...lakers are the most dominant team right now so it will be a test for boston.....

We've just picked up from where we left off at the end of last years regular season, which isn't a suprise. We've not yet proven that we can really play with Boston though, which we need to do, IMO.

However, let's not dwell on this. We've already had a warning from Ink, so let's not make it completely Lakers vs Celtics in this thread.

JordansBulls
11-29-2008, 12:36 AM

The 2008 Celtics won 66 games and the NBA title.

carter15
11-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Rondo one of the best PG's in the league...that discredits everything else u said imo...he is not one of the best point guards in the nba..thats ridiculous...one main reason that pierce and KG arnt having to put it big points for them to get wins..is because of there defensive system and that there gettin extra coverage on offense so its opening other guys up
there a really good team..but even though they have a great record there were rly struggling a couple weeks ago having to go down to the wire in a number of games and cud easily have 5 or 6 losses right now...no need to go crazy just cuz they won by 20 or something..its just 1 game...if pierce and kg score 22 pts combined all year...they aint getting outta the first round.

Wilson
11-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Rondo one of the best PG's in the league...that discredits everything else u said imo...he is not one of the best point guards in the nba..thats ridiculous...one main reason that pierce and KG arnt having to put it big points for them to get wins..is because of there defensive system and that there gettin extra coverage on offense so its opening other guys up
there a really good team..but even though they have a great record there were rly struggling a couple weeks ago having to go down to the wire in a number of games and cud easily have 5 or 6 losses right now...no need to go crazy just cuz they won by 20 or something..its just 1 game...if pierce and kg score 22 pts combined all year...they aint getting outta the first round.

That's the thing though, they could have lost those close games, but they didn't. If a team can consistently pull out close games, that's putting them in seriously good position in the play-offs.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 12:43 AM

Why didn't the Lakers beat the Pistons right after Detroit got Iverson? The Pistons with A.I. stomped the Lakers and, Boston played them a few days later and had a 29 point lead on them.

unwantedplayer
11-29-2008, 12:48 AM
As much as I love the Celtics, they are not the same team. Records dont mean anything. Statistically, they are down and they are not as hungry for another title like they were last year. Last year was for a title, this year is to succeed.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Boston is worse than last year.

They lost Posey and the big three are a year older.

Nonetheless, they're still the best team in the east.

But the Lakers are going to kill them in the finals.

The Lakers look friggin unstoppable right now.

Boston is definitely better this year. I'm not saying that James Posey wasn't great and he didn't help the Celtics win a championship but, Tony Allen, Leon Powe, and Glen Davis have all improved so much this year and along with Eddie House that's 4 solid bench players. I would hope to see the Lakers in the finals against the Celtics again but, I think Boston might win in 5 games this time around. The Celtics beat the Lakers by 39 in game 6 and, it's not like L.A. went out and signed guys or traded for players that are going to change that from happening again. Boston is scary good.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 12:59 AM
^^ This is not a Lakers thread btw. Let's stay on topic.

It's not a Laker thread, but if he is gona say they are gona go down as one of the best teams in history the current best team in the league needs to be mentioned.

But to stay on topic, it's too early to call any team, one of the best teams ever.

And to respond to the original post, in alot of blowouts the stars don't put up huge numbers. The Lakers do it alot

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
As much as I love the Celtics, they are not the same team. Records dont mean anything. Statistically, they are down and they are not as hungry for another title like they were last year. Last year was for a title, this year is to succeed.

Your right they're not the same team. They're better. Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith said they could see them winning 70 games this year. Barkley said Leon Powe reminds him of a mature, better offensively version of Dennis Rodman.

carter15
11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
That's the thing though, they could have lost those close games, but they didn't. If a team can consistently pull out close games, that's putting them in seriously good position in the play-offs.
yes but the fact that last year they were blowing teams out and this year a lot of teams have played them closer is showing a decline in their play so far...not saying that cant turn it around..but from what theyve shown so far this year it is not the same as last...and putting them in good position for the playoffs isnt what relly matters since everyone knows theyll make it...its about being able to beat the best teams and so far theyve struggled with the mediocre teams

i respect u for saying that lol :clap:...so far they have not been as good as last year. just as u said.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Boston is definitely better this year. I'm not saying that James Posey wasn't great and he didn't help the Celtics win a championship but, Tony Allen, Leon Powe, and Glen Davis have all improved so much this year and along with Eddie House that's 4 solid bench players. I would hope to see the Lakers in the finals against the Celtics again but, I think Boston might win in 5 games this time around. The Celtics beat the Lakers by 39 in game 6 and, it's not like L.A. went out and signed guys or traded for players that are going to change that from happening again. Boston is scary good.

Uhmm, Bynum will be there. Say what you want about him, Laker fans may over rate him, but he is an above starting center to say the least. Ariza is becoming a force of the bench, Odom is now coming off the bench and Sasha is a threat off the bench. I'll take LAs bench and I probably take LAs starters too

braves95
11-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Second best team in th East :)

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:04 AM
It's not a Laker thread, but if he is gona say they are gona go down as one of the best teams in history the current best team in the league needs to be mentioned.

But to stay on topic, it's too early to call any team, one of the best teams ever.

And to respond to the original post, in alot of blowouts the stars don't put up huge numbers. The Lakers do it alot

How do you figure that when every week the Celtics are #1 in the power rankings. The only ones that think the Lakers are better than the Celtics are from California. We'll see what happens on Christmas Day. The C's are going to light the "FakeShow" up like a Christmas tree.

Wilson
11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
yes but the fact that last year they were blowing teams out and this year a lot of teams have played them closer is showing a decline in their play so far...not saying that cant turn it around..but from what theyve shown so far this year it is not the same as last...and putting them in good position for the playoffs isnt what relly matters since everyone knows theyll make it...its about being able to beat the best teams and so far theyve struggled with the mediocre teams

I don't mean about qualifying for the play-offs, I mean it prepares them for the more intense games better. I see what you mean though, they're not as intimidating as last season.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Uhmm, Bynum will be there. Say what you want about him, Laker fans may over rate him, but he is an above starting center to say the least. Ariza is becoming a force of the bench, Odom is now coming off the bench and Sasha is a threat off the bench. I'll take LAs bench and I probably take LAs starters too

You take L.A's bench and their starters too and, you get killed again just like last June.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Your right they're not the same team. They're better. Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith said they could see them winning 70 games this year. Barkley said Leon Powe reminds him of a mature, better offensively version of Dennis Rodman.

Charles Barkley is there for entertainment not his analysis skills. He also said that the Nets would beat the Lakers in 7 games when they were in the Finals. Analysts on TV really aren't anymore credible than a fan that watches a decent amount of games. They are there because they are famous and entertaining. Unless he mentioned that Powe is nowhere near the rebounder that Rodman was his statement should have no credibility.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
How do you figure that when every week the Celtics are #1 in the power rankings. The only ones that think the Lakers are better than the Celtics are from California. We'll see what happens on Christmas Day. The C's are going to light the "FakeShow" up like a Christmas tree.

I live in Pennsylvanis. I get the East Coast biased media.

I figure that power rankings are useless. And the Celtics are the champs, when the records are similar I would expect them to get the nod, but I feel like not "all" power rankings have the celts first

rhjr06
11-29-2008, 01:12 AM

better check your power rankings!!! your wrong again..

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:13 AM
You take L.A's bench and their starters too and, you get killed again just like last June.

Yea because Bynum was there last year, oh wait...
And the bench is improved with Odom, Ariza and Vujacic. Why don't you actually argue my points instead of just bringing up last year?

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:13 AM

i respect u for saying that lol :clap:...so far they have not been as good as last year. just as u said.

Of course a lot of teams are going to play them closer. They're the NBA champions. Every team gets geared up to play them. They say every year that the previous champions have a target on them. Also if you look at the 1st month of Celtics schedule last year compared to the 1st month this year they had a way easier schedule to start last season.

carter15
11-29-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't mean about qualifying for the play-offs, I mean it prepares them for the more intense games better. I see what you mean though, they're not as intimidating as last season.

ahh i get you mean now...and your right it does prepare you..but its not like there trying to do that...so far they just havnt been able to blow teams out lik last year..until tonight..

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Of course a lot of teams are going to play them closer. They're the NBA champions. Every team gets geared up to play them. They say every year that the previous champions have a target on them. Also if you look at the 1st month of Celtics schedule last year compared to the 1st month this year they had a way easier schedule to start last season.

I'm pretty sure that once they got Garnett and Allen to join Peirce they got targets on their backs. You don't think people geared up to play them last year?

carter15
11-29-2008, 01:17 AM
lame reason imo

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Yea because Bynum was there last year, oh wait...
And the bench is improved with Odom, Ariza and Vujacic. Why don't you actually argue my points instead of just bringing up last year?

I'm not sold on Andrew Bynum at all. The 2 regular season games last year Perkins completely shut him down and, it's not like he's having an all star season this year. Not even close. As for the bench, you take Odom outta the starting lineup to come off the bench and, you start Radmanovich instead. We'll now you weakened your starting 5 to strengthen your bench. Give me a break. That's what gonna help you beat the Celtics this year? Taking Lamar Odom out of the starting lineup? LOL

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm not sold on Andrew Bynum at all. The 2 regular season games last year Perkins completely shut him down and, it's not like he's having an all star season this year. Not even close. As for the bench, you take Odom outta the starting lineup to come off the bench and, you start Radmanovich instead. We'll now you weakened your starting 5 to strengthen your bench. Give me a break. That's what gonna help you beat the Celtics this year? Taking Lamar Odom out of the starting lineup? LOL

I don't care if you aren't sold on Bynum. The bottomline is he is an improvement. There is no way that you can say he is not. I didn't say he was an all-star, but he makes a difference.

And Radmonovis fits better in the starting line-up. He is a the shooter that they were missing. The Lakers are better than last year, so clearly he doesn't weaken the team. Odom coming off the bench is a good idea, its at least worked out so far.

And the series went 6 games. Yea game 6 was a blowout, but don't act like it wasn't competitive.

Pierce played out of his mind that series and Kobe was off(albeit in part because of Pierce) but an intelligent person could easily see how it could go the other way.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Look at what happened to the Lakers when they played the Pistons last week. Detroit, a good defensive team crushed the Lakers. Well the Celtics are a better defensive team than Detroit so, if the Pistons beat them like thay than the Lakers are going to be in some real trouble when they meet up with Boston.

carter15
11-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Look at what happened to the Lakers when they played the Pistons last week. Detroit, a good defensive team crushed the Lakers. Well the Celtics are a better defensive team than Detroit so, if the Pistons beat them like thay than the Lakers are going to be in some real trouble when they meet up with Boston.

things dont work like that

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:29 AM

Ok, so when the Celtics lose to an inferior team I can say look they lost to Charlotte (or whatever bad team they overlook) and the Lakers beat them so the Lakers are better? Sometimes games like that just happen, the Lakers are better than the Pistons and if you honestly look at the teams you would agree.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I don't care if you aren't sold on Bynum. The bottomline is he is an improvement. There is no way that you can say he is not. I didn't say he was an all-star, but he makes a difference.

And Radmonovis fits better in the starting line-up. He is a the shooter that they were missing. The Lakers are better than last year, so clearly he doesn't weaken the team. Odom coming off the bench is a good idea, its at least worked out so far.

And the series went 6 games. Yea game 6 was a blowout, but don't act like it wasn't competitive.

Pierce played out of his mind that series and Kobe was off(albeit in part because of Pierce) but an intelligent person could easily see how it could go the other way.

The Lakers was the easiest series Boston played in the entire playoffs last year son, so I would have to say no it wasn't competitive at all. As for the Pierce and Kobe thing if you go gack to the Pierce and Antoine Walker days and, Kobe and Shaq days, Pierce has always given Kobe trouble offensively and defensively so, I have to believe that's not going to change.

rhjr06
11-29-2008, 01:33 AM

ok if you want to go that route....boston lost to the nuggets who are a good offensive team imagine when they meet the #1 rated offensive team?? big trouble for boston when they meet up with the Lakers

horry1ur
11-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Ok we get it you like the Celtics when they are winning but just watch when they start losing i wont even see you around ...Your biased and plus it doesnt matter if Det beat the Lakers and Celtics won Det(teams can have off games) so stop bringing up the same points over and over and stop bringing up last year this is a new year

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:37 AM
The Lakers was the easiest series Boston played in the entire playoffs last year son, so I would have to say no it wasn't competitive at all. As for the Pierce and Kobe thing if you go gack to the Pierce and Antoine Walker days and, Kobe and Shaq days, Pierce has always given Kobe trouble offensively and defensively so, I have to believe that's not going to change.

You don't really debate or argue, you kinda just say the same think over and over. The Lakers are playing better right now, the Celtics were better in the Finals last year, but the Lakers are improved due to experince, Bynum, and shuffling their line-up. Unless you have something to say about some of that not being true idk why you keep responding with the same answers.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Ok we get it you like the Celtics when they are winning but just watch when they start losing i wont even see you around ...Your biased and plus it doesnt matter if Det beat the Lakers and Celtics won Det(teams can have off games) so stop bringing up the same points over and over and stop bringing up last year this is a new year

:clap::clap::clap:

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Ok, so when the Celtics lose to an inferior team I can say look they lost to Charlotte (or whatever bad team they overlook) and the Lakers beat them so the Lakers are better? Sometimes games like that just happen, the Lakers are better than the Pistons and if you honestly look at the teams you would agree.

No I agree the Lakers are a better team than the Pistons but, the Pistons always are a good defensive team and, they gave L.A. major problems in the finals a few years back and, the Celtics did the same last year so, I would say that Phil Jackson's one weakness as a coach is coming up with a counter attack against great defensive teams and, I think it's fair to say that based on his past.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:44 AM
No I agree the Lakers are a better team than the Pistons but, the Pistons always are a good defensive team and, they gave L.A. major problems in the finals a few years back and, the Celtics did the same last year so, I would say that Phil Jackson's one weakness as a coach is coming up with a counter attack against great defensive teams and, I think it's fair to say that based on his past.

Its not really fair to say that though, look at the Bulls and Lakers championship runs. They beat good defensive teams. I mean obviously the teams that the Lakers have lost to are gona be good defensive teams. It's just not a valid arguement IMO

Plus the Lakers defense is much improved this year

horry1ur
11-29-2008, 01:45 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

:bow:

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Power Rankings

#1-Boston
#2-Los Angeles
#3-Cleveland
#4-Denver
#5-Houston
#6-Phoenix
#7-Orlando
#8-Detroit

This is according to espn.com's Marc Stein and, Boston has been #1 for the past 4 weeks.

horry1ur
11-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Sure, but the man has 9 rings to back him up so you cant really say he has a weakness

carter15
11-29-2008, 01:49 AM

that is your first good argument..but i think lakers are a better team this year then last and came close to beating boston last year...you shud never lose a gm when nur up lik 22 or wtv..no matter who u are or who ur against..but of course credit to boston for coming bk
that being said i cant really say whether your comment is true or not cuz i dont follow the lakers enough to no how they do against good defensive teams

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Power Rankings

#1-Boston
#2-Los Angeles
#3-Cleveland
#4-Denver
#5-Houston
#6-Phoenix
#7-Orlando
#8-Detroit

This is according to espn.com's Marc Stein and, Boston has been #1 for the past 4 weeks.

Well unless you're saying Marc Stein is the end all be all of NBA analysts then its irrelevant because NBA.com has the Lakers #1 and Boston #2

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

rhjr06
11-29-2008, 01:53 AM
2008-2009 Hollinger Power Rankings espn.com:
1)lakers
2)cavs
3)celtics

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:53 AM
that is your first good argument..but i think lakers are a better team this year then last and came close to beating boston last year...you shud never lose a gm when nur up lik 22 or wtv..no matter who u are or who ur against..but of course credit to boston for coming bk
that being said i cant really say whether your comment is true or not cuz i dont follow the lakers enough to no how they do against good defensive teams

You don't need to follow them, if you men historically they have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs before and if you mean this year, they have lost one game. Historically is really irrelevant though because it's not the same team.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Its not really fair to say that though, look at the Bulls and Lakers championship runs. They beat good defensive teams. I mean obviously the teams that the Lakers have lost to are gona be good defensive teams. It's just not a valid arguement IMO

Plus the Lakers defense is much improved this year

Hey, your gonna route for your team and say that the Lakers are better than they were last year and, I'm gonna route for my team and say that the Celtics are better than they were last year and, you know what, they both have improved this year but, if the Celtics beat the Lakers pretty convincingly in the finals last year and, both teams are improved, I don't know how you can say that the Lakers are better than the Celtics. I just know from watching every Celtics game this year that the things they did to frustrate and confuse the Lakers in last years finals, they're actually better at this year so, I just have to say that Boston is the better team and, the favorite to win the title.

rhjr06
11-29-2008, 01:56 AM
mark up another victory for the best team in the league.......LAKERS

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Hey, your gonna rout for your team and say that the Lakers are better than they were last year and, I'm gonna rout for my team and say that the Celtics are better than they were last year and, you know what, they both have improved this year but, if the Celtics beat the Lakers pretty convincingly in the finals last year and, both teams are improved, I don't know how you can say that the Lakers are better than the Celtics. I just know from watching every Celtics game this year that the things they did to frustrate and confuse the Lakers in last years finals, they're actually better at this year so, I just have to say that Boston is the better team and, the favorite to win the title.

Ok, but you are making homer arguements where as I am making valid ones. I haven't compared Bynum to Shaq or anything, like you tried to say Powe was a better offensively version of Rodman. I just said he is an addition they didn't have last year. If an unbiased person watched both teams I feel that they woud be more impressed by the Lakers. Maybe a mod could add a poll

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok, but you are making homer arguements where as I am making valid ones. I haven't compared Bynum to Shaq or anything, like you tried to say Powe was a better offensively version of Rodman. I just said he is an addition they didn't have last year. If an unbiased person watched both teams I feel that they woud be more impressed by the Lakers. Maybe a mod could add a poll

I said Charles Barkley said Leon Powe reminds him of a better offensive mature version of Dennis Rodman. Just looking at the Lakers - Mavs game tonight, the Lakers needed 35 points and 40 minutes to barely beat a mediocre team. I just feel that the Celtics 9 man rotation of Pierce, Garnett, R. Allen, Rondo, Perkins, Powe, T. Allen, House, and "Big Baby" is better offensively and especially defensively as the Lakers 9 man rotation of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Radmanovic, Odom, Ariza, Farmar, and Vujacic.

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 02:14 AM

Does anyone see anything wrong with this post?

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 02:16 AM
I said Charles Barkley said Leon Powe reminds him of a better offensive mature version of Dennis Rodman. Just looking at the Lakers - Mavs game tonight, the Lakers needed 35 points and 40 minutes to barely beat a mediocre team. I just feel that the Celtics 9 man rotation of Pierce, Garnett, R. Allen, Rondo, Perkins, Powe, T. Allen, House, and "Big Baby" is better offensively and especially defensively as the Lakers 9 man rotation of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Radmanovic, Odom, Ariza, Farmar, and Vujacic.

Ok, you said Barkley said it, clearly you weren't trying to say he was right or anything.

The Mavs were on a 5 game win streak and were playing well. It's the regular season anyway, teams are gonna have sluggish nights. I hate when people over-analyze one game in an entire season.

And the Lakers have the lowest number in the NBA if you add defensive and offensive rankings

theuuord
11-29-2008, 02:22 AM
The Celtics and the Lakers are clearly the two best teams in the league. They are my picks to return to the Finals, and if I were the Celtics, I'd be scared of what a healthy LA team could do in a series...

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 02:22 AM

Yeah look at the Nuggets Rocked ur team like we rocked them. stupid

tonyd3b54
11-29-2008, 02:49 AM
LA fans are so cocky its rediculous... yay u guys won a few friggen regular season games.... shut the hell up...

madiaz3
11-29-2008, 02:53 AM
The Celtics passed that test in the finals, it's more of a test for LA.

No, that was a different test, now there's a starting center and sf on the exam.

Halladay
11-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Threads like this is why I dont post in the NBA forum very much. The topic always somehow gets changed to why the Lakers or Kobe are the best. We dont care...

hotpotato1092
11-29-2008, 03:01 AM
It's a shame that both they and the Lakers could potentially win 70 and only one can win the title. In fact the cavs could even win it the way they're playing. I just think it's sad that these are two all time great teams and only one gets a title when teams like the '04 pistons and '05 spurs got theirs in much weaker leagues. And yet history will see the spurs and pistons as better than the loser of the epic '09 finals, what a shame.

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Well Ariza is out performing T. Allen off the bench, Odom is outplaying Powe off the bench. Farmar is out playing House.(I got stats to prove it)

Say whatever you want about Bynum but he helps a lot on defense(3rd in Blocks). He moves Gasol to PF where he plays a weak player like himself.

Lakers weakest teams have been Nets,Kings,Bulls,Clippers2x
Celtics weakest teams have been Pacers,Bucks2x,Knicks,T-Wolves,Sixers,Warriors,Raptors,Thunder,Bulls

Lakers score 107.00 ppg
Celtics score 98.56 ppg

Lakers allow 92.59 ppg
Celtics allow 91.25 ppg

Lakers rebound 47.07 per game(2nd best)
Celtics rebound 43.33 per game(8th best)

Lakers win margin is 14.30
Celtics win margin is 7.31

Lakers lost to Pistons(10-5)
Celtics lost to Pacers(6-9) & Nuggets(10-6)

IMO Celtics are the team to beat. Scary good this season? Yes, Scarier than the Lakers? NO!!!

Now give me some facts if u want to debate. but don't be saying that they are the best, just because Marc Stein thinks that they are the best. And Powe will never be a Rodman!!!

D Blue987
11-29-2008, 03:03 AM
LA fans are so cocky its rediculous... yay u guys won a few friggen regular season games.... shut the hell up...

Hey stop being such a masterbaiter! Thank you....

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Threads like this is why I dont post in the NBA forum very much. The topic always somehow gets changed to why the Lakers or Kobe are the best. We dont care...

He said the Celtics are the best team in the league, we made the obvious counter arguement.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 03:12 AM
right now LA cant talk. u guys did so much trashtalking last year and it amounted to just that....TRASH. the Celtics won 6 of 8 meetings and finished it with a complete *** kicking in front of the nation. I know thats history, but that is what people remember most about the match up.

I really dont care if LA fans think they are better. i mean wow what a frigin shock!

I love watching my Boston Celtics play tough gritty defense and playing emotional inspired basketball. I love watching Rondo, Perk, TA, Powe, and Davis all grow infront of my eyes. Watching Pierce, Ray, and KG do their thing every game is just so unbelievable to see. Most of all, its so Great to see the Celtics winning and Dominating. and thats all that matters in me watching basketball.

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 03:12 AM

His statement was that the Celtics are the best right now. What do u expect ppl to say? you can only agree or disagree. and if he's going do such claim then his team is going to get compared to the best.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 03:18 AM

they did beat the clippers...

nah, but let them keep talking. it doesnt matter as long as the Boston Celtics win. they can talk all they want, but right now:

Celtics 17 Championships and counting...

FlawlessKB24
11-29-2008, 03:23 AM

and C's fans dont do that?
hell, what team doesnt have over-confident fans?

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 03:24 AM

Lakers Fans are so cocky yet you have idiot Celtic fans starting out threads talking about how great the Celtics are, and the funny part of it is that he based it on powerankings by Marc Stein of all people.lmao

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Bynum is good ... really good

D Blue987
11-29-2008, 03:26 AM
right now LA cant talk. u guys did so much trashtalking last year and it amounted to just that....TRASH. the Celtics won 6 of 8 meetings and finished it with a complete *** kicking in front of the nation. I know thats history, but that is what people remember most about the match up.

I really dont care if LA fans think they are better. i mean wow what a frigin shock!

I love watching my Boston Celtics play tough gritty defense and playing emotional inspired basketball. I love watching Rondo, Perk, TA, Powe, and Davis all grow infront of my eyes. Watching Pierce, Ray, and KG do their thing every game is just so unbelievable to see. Most of all, its so Great to see the Celtics winning and Dominating. and thats all that matters in me watching basketball.

Right now i dont see how you can talk either. LA has a better record and has been playing better all around basketball than the Celtics have. If i were the Celtics I would be more worried about the Cavs than anything. They took your team to the brink last year as did the Hawks but the Cavs are playing better basketball this year than last. The top four records in the league belong to 1 western team (the Lakers) and 3 Eastern teams (Bos,Orlando, Cavs) not to mention Detroit who is capable of winning too. The Lakers have beaten all eight playoff teams (if the season ended today) with the exception of SA who no one can determine how good they are gonna be because of injuries. Face it its early and a thread like this shouldnt be made. O btw for those of you who say you hate threads like this because of Laker influence just remember it was a Boston fan who created it.

D Blue987
11-29-2008, 03:37 AM
they did beat the clippers...

nah, but let them keep talking. it doesnt matter as long as the Boston Celtics win. they can talk all they want, but right now:

Celtics 17 Championships and counting...

Well enjoy your success while you can because your window to win championships is gradually closing. Eventually your window will close and you will be back to teams like 2006-2007 where your organization is in shambles and all those fans you gained during your championship run will be gone. The Lakers on the other hand will still be NBA favorites and still maintain our fanbase because we have been the most consistent team in terms of reaching the playoffs 61 out of 66 years.

DerekRE_3
11-29-2008, 03:49 AM

Why didn't the Jazz beat the Bobcats (who didn't have Jason Richardson). Sorry jimbobby I had to do it. It's the highlight of the season for me so far...that and the Kings beating the Hornets in N.O.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 03:50 AM
Well Ariza is out performing T. Allen off the bench, Odom is outplaying Powe off the bench. Farmar is out playing House.(I got stats to prove it)

Say whatever you want about Bynum but he helps a lot on defense(3rd in Blocks). He moves Gasol to PF where he plays a weak player like himself.

Lakers weakest teams have been Nets,Kings,Bulls,Clippers2x
Celtics weakest teams have been Pacers,Bucks2x,Knicks,T-Wolves,Sixers,Warriors,Raptors,Thunder,Bulls

Lakers score 107.00 ppg
Celtics score 98.56 ppg

Lakers allow 92.59 ppg
Celtics allow 91.25 ppg

Lakers rebound 47.07 per game(2nd best)
Celtics rebound 43.33 per game(8th best)

Lakers win margin is 14.30
Celtics win margin is 7.31

Lakers lost to Pistons(10-5)
Celtics lost to Pacers(6-9) & Nuggets(10-6)

IMO Celtics are the team to beat. Scary good this season? Yes, Scarier than the Lakers? NO!!!

Now give me some facts if u want to debate. but don't be saying that they are the best, just because Marc Stein thinks that they are the best. And Powe will never be a Rodman!!!

Ariza is getting more minutes than T. Allen, Odom is coming off the bendh but, he's playing the minutes a starter plays, over 30mpg and, Powe is playing somewhere around 20mpg. Farmar is playing more minutes than House but, Eddie still has better stats than Vujacic in less minutes. You guys got beat down so bad in the finals last year and, you were averaging more points than the Celtics then. I guarantee that Kobe will NEVA EVA WIN A TITLE WITHOUT SHAQ. GUARANTEED!

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Do you know why our bench is getting more minutes? any clue? CAUSE WE ARE BLOWING TEAMS OUT SON!

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 03:56 AM
You guys got beat down so bad in the finals last year and, you were averaging more points than the Celtics then. I guarantee that

last year exactly!!! We are a different team now. Havent you noticed?

ink
11-29-2008, 04:04 AM
This thread is about the Celtics, not the Lakers. Get it back on topic.

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 04:08 AM
Bynum is good ... really good

Thanks for your input and all the facts to prove it. LOL. On the real though, with your one skimpy sentence that's more than what G-Funk said in a million sentences. Andrew Bynum "The Savior". LOL. Dude can't even stay on the court whether it's injuries or foul trouble. This kid had a slightly above average half a season in his career. Believe me he will not make a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics swept the Lakers in the finals IF the Lakers even make it to the finals and, that's a really big IF. I just don't think a team with one superstar on it is going to go very far. They got Kobe, a crippled center, a soft *** power foward, an inconsistent 6th man, and an aging point guard. Let's see if your still around in June.

ink
11-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Thanks for your input and all the facts to prove it. LOL. On the real though, with your one skimpy sentence that's more than what G-Funk said in a million sentences. Andrew Bynum "The Savior". LOL. Dude can't even stay on the court whether it's injuries or foul trouble. This kid had a slightly above average half a season in his career. Believe me he will not make a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics swept the Lakers in the finals IF the Lakers even make it to the finals and, that's a really big IF. I just don't think a team with one superstar on it is going to go very far. They got Kobe, a crippled center, a soft *** power foward, an inconsistent 6th man, and an aging point guard. Let's see if your still around in June.

That's total BS. 1. this is a thread about the Celtics, and 2. Bynum is a good -- possibly great player. Give credit where it's due and you'll get it back. ;)

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 04:19 AM
^^^^Thank U!

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 04:20 AM
That's total BS. 1. this is a thread about the Celtics, and 2. Bynum is a good -- possibly great player. Give credit where it's due and you'll get it back. ;)

Do u think that the Celtics are are playing the best right now?

TickTickBoom
11-29-2008, 04:22 AM
last year exactly!!! We are a different team now. Havent you noticed?

It's the same exact team G-Funk. You actually lost your highest energy bench player in Ronny Turiaf. Andrew Bynum is not the key to unlock the door to the Title Town. Trust me. I watched Kendrick Perkins completely shut him down twice last year. I actually felt bad for the kid. Bynum had 4 points the 1st meeting and, Perkins had 21. Then he had 8 points and 2 rebounds and fouled out of the 2nd meeting. Perkins gives him problems. Simple as that.

G-Funk
11-29-2008, 04:26 AM
:rolleyes:

ink
11-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Do u think that the Celtics are are playing the best right now?

I thought the Lakers were impressive tonight. There's no reason to think that Bynum isn't going to be a great player and that he'll make a difference in the playoffs. That said, in the Celtics games I've seen this year, Pierce comes out of nowhere in the 4th and seals the win. Rondo has also been a major factor. It will be a good matchup if the Lakeshow and the Celtics meet up again in the finals.

How about a little respect for the opponent both ways here? Come on. Seriously you both have great teams. FACT.

As a basketball fan I'm enjoying watching both teams. It's some of the best ball in years.

CHRISDODGERS
11-29-2008, 04:31 AM
Why does it have to be " My teams better cuz of this, this, and this." thread...

Lets just settle it on the court...

JJ81
11-29-2008, 08:32 AM
What teams were they playing last 5?

innovator
11-29-2008, 08:43 AM
why did they lose to the pacers??? haha

TMAC94
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
houston vs celtics was a good game, were houston lost by 2, being a team that is considered as contenders were smashed by LA, i think LA is the best team in the league at the moment, better than the celtics ( i hate too admit la as the best coz i hate em)

LakerzDQ
11-29-2008, 10:47 AM

you can't judge a team based on one game. Bryant averages 33 minutes per game. Paul Pierce averages 36. You can't tell me that Celtics have more blowouts.

oh yeah, and Tex Winter (who, by the way, is infinitely more intelligent basketball-wise than Barkley) said that Trevor Ariza reminds him of Scottie Pippen.

Celtics are good, they are championships. however, I feel that this season, the Lakers have improved a lot.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Right now i dont see how you can talk either. LA has a better record and has been playing better all around basketball than the Celtics have. If i were the Celtics I would be more worried about the Cavs than anything. They took your team to the brink last year as did the Hawks but the Cavs are playing better basketball this year than last. The top four records in the league belong to 1 western team (the Lakers) and 3 Eastern teams (Bos,Orlando, Cavs) not to mention Detroit who is capable of winning too. The Lakers have beaten all eight playoff teams (if the season ended today) with the exception of SA who no one can determine how good they are gonna be because of injuries. Face it its early and a thread like this shouldnt be made. O btw for those of you who say you hate threads like this because of Laker influence just remember it was a Boston fan who created it.

LA did not play 8 games in 12 nights, Boston had to.

I dont think you realize how much better the chemistry on this team is after a full year. look at detriot and how hard it is to adjust to 1 star. Boston got it together with 3 stars and look much smoother as a team.

I can talk bc the Celtics are wearing the crown and the lakers are not.

15-2 Celtics....13-1 Lakers, fine we have 1 more loss, but 2 more wins.

keep talking because if the Lakers dont win it all, then u look stupid. so please continue hyping your team. If the Celtics dont win it all, watever i know they are great team, but we dont look past anyone anymore. any team can beat anyone on any given night.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 11:00 AM
just remember this LA fans, when you play Boston, Detriot, Cleveland. you are going to beat up physically. that soft style of ball doesnt work in the east. and heres a real shot at the lakers. your team has 1/10 the Heart of the Celtics. its all Kobe with the passion, no one else on that team has the drive to work through adversity.

innovator
11-29-2008, 11:00 AM
^your celtics team is the best nba team LAST SEASON. not now buddy

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 11:06 AM
^your celtics team is the best nba team LAST SEASON. not now buddy

o why? bc we lost the great HOF james posey? o wowww

again think wat u want, but ill be the first one Celtics fans to laugh at u if the lakers lose.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-29-2008, 11:09 AM
you can't judge a team based on one game. Bryant averages 33 minutes per game. Paul Pierce averages 36. You can't tell me that Celtics have more blowouts.

oh yeah, and Tex Winter (who, by the way, is infinitely more intelligent basketball-wise than Barkley) said that Trevor Ariza reminds him of Scottie Pippen.

Celtics are good, they are championships. however, I feel that this season, the Lakers have improved a lot.

and some guy said sun yue is Magic Johnson.

innovator
11-29-2008, 11:14 AM
o why? bc we lost the great HOF james posey? o wowww

again think wat u want, but ill be the first one Celtics fans to laugh at u if the lakers lose.

ill actually laugh first if the lakers lose..... cuz its funny when impossible happens. and no its not cuz of posey its because the lakers are the best

JayW_1023
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Lakers Fans are so cocky yet you have idiot Celtic fans starting out threads talking about how great the Celtics are, and the funny part of it is that he based it on powerankings by Marc Stein of all people.lmao

Like calling out specific forum members (three of whom actually are some of the better posters on the forums regardless on wether you agree or disagree with them) as haters in your sig is just as cocky if you ask me.

You are in no position to call people out for baiting.