PDA

View Full Version : Barkley:"Lebron should shut the hell up"

Bubba17
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Hall of Famer Charles Barkley chastised Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James for talking about playing for the New York Knicks or any other teams after he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2010, ESPN reported Friday.

"If I was LeBron James, I would shut the hell up," Barkley said on ESPN radio. "I'm a big LeBron fan. He's a stud. You gotta give him his props. I'm getting so annoyed he's talking about what he's going to do in two years. I think it's disrespectful to the game. I think it's disrespectful to the Cavaliers."

nbcsports.com (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27958393/)

MiamiHeat
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I think he's right
he needs to worry about the Cavs right now and worry about 2010 in 2010

NYKnickFanatic
11-28-2008, 06:19 PM
haaaaaahaaaaaa

G-Funk
11-28-2008, 06:20 PM
ouch!

NYMetros
11-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Kind of hard to not talk about it when you got the media, especially the New York media, hounding you every press conference about 2010.

Wilson
11-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Kind of hard to not talk about it when you got the media, especially the New York media, hounding you every press conference about 2010.

Agreed. Barkley's the man, but LeBron hasn't really said much of anything about 2010, except that he wants to stay with Cleveland. It's not his fault the media constantly asks him about it...

If anything, him saying 'No Comment' every time he was asked would only add more fuel to the fire...

Lakers4ItAll
11-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Exactly! Gotta love the Chuckster

I think he's right
he needs to worry about the Cavs right now and worry about 2010 in 2010

40oz
11-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree with Barkley, but LJ is in a no win situation, he's damned no matter what card he plays...

Lakers4ItAll
11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
True

I agree with Barkley, but LJ is in a no win situation, he's damned no matter what card he plays...

jimbobjarree
11-28-2008, 06:42 PM
damn straight, you tell him chuck

SensandRaps
11-28-2008, 06:46 PM
lol at barkley but he has a point

AZ9ERFAN
11-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Haha hes great

JJ81
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
My thoughts exactly. 2 years away. Concentrate on today.

Kaptain Kanada
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
This is why I love Charles.

KnickVeteran
11-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Barkley is right. Lebron needs to just talk about the cavs and not about how great the knick fans are. Cus our team isn't **** right now.

Lizard King
11-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I definitely agree with everything Barkley said.

Hustla23
11-28-2008, 08:01 PM
lol Chuck is just mad because he's fat and bald and people think he's Dwayne Wade's dad :D

Lakersfan2483
11-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Barkley has a legitimitate argument about the Lebron situation, he should just keep his mouth closed in terms of his free agency situation.

Vinny642
11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I hate all this Lebron talk, the media is gay and should shut up along with Lebron. I like Lebron he is great but he gotta worry about now and not later.

x_notorious
11-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I would have to agree with Barkley. LeBron has been running is mouth way too much of the possibility of becoming a F/A in 2010. Total disrespect to the Cavs.

infamous
11-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm a big bron fan, but yes I agree with sir charles. I had enough. Right now lebron needs to shut his mouth and stop feeding this rumors.

IndyRealist
11-28-2008, 08:58 PM
How many times do you think he gets asked about 2010 in a day? He can't really shut up about it because that's all that people are asking him about. If he talks about it, he's disrespecting the Cavs. If he doesn't, then he's hiding something. I mean, people are making a huge deal about his HAT. Ridiculous. The best solution would be for Lebron to have a stock answer to give everyone that asks, but he's done just about as good a job as can be asked.

And I really don't think Barkley has room to talk, Mr. "I'm not a role model."

infamous
11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
How many times do you think he gets asked about 2010 in a day? He can't really shut up about it because that's all that people are asking him about. If he talks about it, he's disrespecting the Cavs. If he doesn't, then he's hiding something. I mean, people are making a huge deal about his HAT. Ridiculous. The best solution would be for Lebron to have a stock answer to give everyone that asks, but he's done just about as good a job as can be asked.

yep his answer should always be "No comment, I play for the cavs right now and that's what matters" Over and over again. This would shut those pesky questioning. :D

nygiants242
11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Barkley tellin it how it is!

LeBrowns
11-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Thank you Charles

_Sn1P3r_
11-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Barkley does have a point LBJ should be worrying about the now and if asked about 2010, just ask for the next question or something.

UnWantedTheory
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
LoL....Yes...and....No.

UnWantedTheory
11-28-2008, 09:25 PM

ugh....No

unwantedplayer
11-28-2008, 09:31 PM
for once his trashtalking helps prove a point to the media and NBA

Bubba17
11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
LeBron James did not take kindly to comments made by Charles Barkley regarding James' possible move to New York in 2010.
Barkley says all the talk about James going to the Knicks is disrespectful to the Cavs and his teammates, but James isn't impressed. "He’s stupid," LeBron told reporters on Friday. "That’s all I’ve got to say." It didn't appear that James was joking around, either.

Rotoworld

Wilson
11-28-2008, 09:34 PM
LeBron James did not take kindly to comments made by Charles Barkley regarding James' possible move to New York in 2010.
Barkley says all the talk about James going to the Knicks is disrespectful to the Cavs and his teammates, but James isn't impressed. "Heís stupid," LeBron told reporters on Friday. "Thatís all Iíve got to say." It didn't appear that James was joking around, either.

Rotoworld

:laugh: That makes LeBron sound really childish...

Missing56&33
11-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Barkley is just a bitter fat boy that likes to be heard. He hate when anyone say anything positive about the knicks because the knicks swept the court with a broom after sweeping his sixers in 87.

Lizard King
11-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Rotoworld

:laugh:
What a ****ing tool LeBron is.

fairandbalanced
11-28-2008, 10:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lebron-barkley&prov=ap&type=lgns

LeBron James reacted strongly to Charles Barkleyís comments that the Cavaliers star isnít showing respect for Cleveland fans and his teammates by discussing his possible free agency following the 2010 season.

ďHeís stupid. Thatís all Iíve got to say about that,Ē James said Friday night before the Cavaliersí game against Golden State.

Barkley made the comments on TNTís NBA studio show and Dan Patrickís radio show.

ďIf I was LeBron James, I would shut the hell up,Ē the Hall of Famer said on Patrickís show. ďIím a big LeBron fan. Heís a stud. You gotta give him his props. Iím getting so annoyed heís talking about what heís going to do in two years. I think itís disrespectful to the game. I think itís disrespectful to the Cavaliers.Ē

James, under contract for two more seasons, was bombarded with questions about his future when the Cavaliers visited New York to play the Knicks on Tuesday night.

The Cavaliers can offer him an extension as early as July 1, 2009. There has long been speculation James will eventually end up in one of the NBAís larger markets and the Knicks have cleared salary-cap space in anticipation of the 2010 free-agent class.

Hahahahahah, just when i thought the NBA is getting boring

Vinny642
11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Lebron is stupid looking like a ****** throw baby powder in the air thinking he cool. He is stupid because what Barkley said is 100% true. The New York Media is dumb and Lebron is dumb.

fairandbalanced
11-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Lebron is stupid looking like a ****** throw baby powder in the air thinking he cool. He is stupid because what Barkley said is 100% true. The New York Media is dumb and Lebron is dumb.

Lebron did not set up news conferences, the NBA did. Lebron did not start rumors, NBA analysts did, stop blaming Lebron.

MiamiHeat
11-28-2008, 10:23 PM
:laugh2:
What Barkley said was 100% true, so Lebron don't get your panties in a bunch

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-28-2008, 10:24 PM
F##k lebron james He is way OVVEERRAATTEEDD by the media!

Vinny642
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
But he started throwing up baby powder didn't he.... I forgot thats cool. Barkley is right though but the NBA Analysts didn't call Charles stupid did they? Im not blaming Lebron but when he was asked what will you do in 2 years he could've said We will see in 2 years.

Catfish1314
11-28-2008, 10:28 PM
What a comeback, LeBron. Barkley says something that's entirely true and any intelligent person would agree with and you toss it aside with a "He's stupid."

I've lost some of my respect for LeBron over this comment. He needs to correct this. I know he's only 23 and it's entertaining but "He's stupid"? LeBron should have gone to college.

_Sn1P3r_
11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Lmao at LBJs comment.

Vinny642
11-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Should've went to college

Lizard King
11-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Lebron did not set up news conferences, the NBA did. Lebron did not start rumors, NBA analysts did, stop blaming Lebron.

Oh please, LeBron loves the attention. The media will always ask questions, but it's up to you to make a big deal out of it.

Look at Bosh. He said that two years is a long way from now, and thinking that far is crazy, which is right. LeBron's just a tool, starving for all the attention in the world. He needs to put all his focus on the Cavs, and winning the championship. When he's out there, making a big deal about possibly leaving, it's total disrespect to the Cavs, and their fans.

sp1derm00
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
LOL... this is great.

Lebron is now getting the "Kobe treatment"...

aka the "whatever i do, i get criticized for because i'm not MJ" treatment that Kobe's been getting for the past few years.

What could LBJ have done and said? It's not like he's thinking about it 24/7... he's just not willing to commit to the Cavs for 2010 and doesn't wanna lie about it. If he said no comment, they're gonna keep hounding him. If he says he wants to stay a Cav, doors will close. If he says he's open to it, it means the onus is on the Cavs to IMPROVE on their team so he would be willing to stay.

I HATE the media...

Vinny642
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
But Kobe did demand a trade...

sp1derm00
11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
But Kobe did demand a trade...

Yea... after finding out that the Lakers seemed to be taking a whole different route that what he had in plan for himself. To Kobe, winning is #1... if he's not playing to win, what's he doing?

Also, I'm not just talking about the Kobe trade demand or the Kobe rape trial.

I'm talking about Kobe not being able to do anything right in the view of the media.

Blue Tiger
11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I normally disagree with Charles Barkley but this very first time I agree with him, LeBron should just shut the hell up. He should focus on playing with the Cavs and win what he's trying to win. And he should ask his self that do he wants to be on a winning team in Cleveland or on a losing team in New York. If he goes to New York I hope he never win a championship there because he'll betray his original team and fans by letting them know that he's a saleout and I would lose alot of respect for LeBron James even though I'm not a Cavaliers fan.

Wilson
11-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I normally disagree with Charles Barkley but this very first time I agree with him, LeBron should just shut the hell up. He should focus on playing with the Cavs and win what he's trying to win. And he should ask his self that do he wants to be on a winning team in Cleveland or on a losing team in New York. If he goes to New York I hope he never win a championship there because he'll betray his original team and fans by letting them know that he's a saleout and I would lose alot of respect for LeBron James even though I'm not a Cavaliers fan.

It's not like he'd be the first team to ever sign a deal with a new team...

Blue Tiger
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
It's not like he'd be the first team to ever sign a deal with a new team...

Yeah so!

rosesbulls
11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Up until now i was okay with Lebrons comments but coming back and just saying to his comments "shut up" is pretty sad

I ws okay with his comments because Michael Jordan in the late 80s put tons of pressure on the bulls to make moves to become more competitive. If he hadnt bulls probably never get Rodman. the final piece to the puzzle

unwantedplayer
11-29-2008, 01:03 AM
hahahahahaha Stupid? LBJ has gotten from overrated to pathetic. Who says stupid anymore as a comeback?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

xSolidx
11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Im not defending LeBron here, heck i even dislike LeBron a bit

But i havent really heard anything about him saying hes going to be a FA in 2010. So far, from what I have heard, he has said all the right things so far. Hes has always stated that he wants the Cavs to win in this yr, and says that hes only focused on the present.

I havent heard Lebron say at all that hes definitely opting out in 2010 and that hes going to this place or this place.

Barkley should be more mad at the media, than LeBron in my opinion. Cause the media are the ones who continue to talk about it.

kylem4711
11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Yea... after finding out that the Lakers seemed to be taking a whole different route that what he had in plan for himself. To Kobe, winning is #1... if he's not playing to win, what's he doing?

Also, I'm not just talking about the Kobe trade demand or the Kobe rape trial.

I'm talking about Kobe not being able to do anything right in the view of the media.

he was just mad that they didn't trade for kidd. kobe is an idiot for doing what he did. just showed that he was only looking out for himself like he always does

THE_FLASH_21
11-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Sir Charles is the man..... He's right... Shut up and play!!

cahawk
11-29-2008, 01:40 AM
LOL... this is great.

Lebron is now getting the "Kobe treatment"...

aka the "whatever i do, i get criticized for because i'm not MJ" treatment that Kobe's been getting for the past few years.

I HATE the media...

Lebron is getting the treatment, but I think it is more like the Knicks and NYC are doing more of the hype because the Knicks have been so bad for so long, they are desperate for some hope & hype.
I do wish Lebron would not comment and I wish he would stay in Clevland but I also don't think Clevland will never put a good team around him.

As for kobe, I see the opposite, he seems protected by the media & the refs.
But if he was my favorite player, I might be sensitized to the criticism too.

As for Barkley, he just blurts out things alot like Shaq does and I don't think they take what they say as serious as the fans do. But I would rather have a few politically incorrect opinions I don't agree with than the vanilla, canned interviews so many sports figures do.

Mile High Champ
11-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Barkley knows his stuff sometimes. This is 100% true, Lebron is being an *** and needs to stop running his mouth and focus on being a cav. I really do think know that he will be the player most likely to leave his team.

LAcowBOMBER
11-29-2008, 02:07 AM
he was just mad that they didn't trade for kidd. kobe is an idiot for doing what he did. just showed that he was only looking out for himself like he always does

Kobe demanded a trade when the FO wasn't gona try to win RIGHT NOW. He wanted to win, can you blam him.

And Lebron hasn't really talked about leaving Cleveland, has he?

Kenny
11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
So this is the thread where the Lebron haters come out and bash the guy because they cant bash what hes doing on the court this year..

skyhibballpj87
11-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Barkley knows his stuff sometimes. This is 100% true, Lebron is being an *** and needs to stop running his mouth and focus on being a cav. I really do think know that he will be the player most likely to leave his team.

ok first of all lebron has never said openly he wants to leave cleveland at all hes always said how comfortable he is there and how much he likes being there. Just because he hasnt thrown away the possibility of being anywhere else everyone is on his back. its not his fault the media is up in his face everyday where is he gonna go blah blah no one gives the man any space. its not like hed be the first one to do it either going to team for more money so is everyone so sore on lebron but no one else. Hes not running his mouth and obiviously hes pretty focused on being a cav since his team is 13-3 and hes the top scorer in the lg. If Lebron does go somewhere else i think it will take more then money to do it. if knicks are able to sign another big star that might pull lebron over to them but theres no way lebrons going to go back to being the only good guy on his team. what barkley says is true but if the media didnt say it all the time maybe Lebron would talk it about it less. Lebron didnt make the knicks make those trades. and theres a ton more teams that are probably going to throw an offer his way. If cleveland goes deep into the playoffs and keep improving until 2010 i think he will stay so it depends what organization does from here till 2010 do i think cleveland has enough to go all the way not quite. but they are getting closer no doubt

legendkillerv2
11-29-2008, 02:58 AM
chuck is so right wat if Lb blew his leg out this season and became the next penny hardaway, you should worry about the present because the future isn't guaranteed.

sportsnutzz
11-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Barkley is right and I think he was more or less in his way trying to give LBJ advice. Obviously we all agree that he really shouldn't be talking about it at all. I just thought when he fired back at Barkley calling him stupid that was funny. Now he made himself look a little silly. Amazing player for sure, but he is handling this whole thing wrong.

Apophis
11-29-2008, 07:20 AM

You are right man..

{ļŅļ}
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
All Lebron did was state the obvious about how big the 2010 offseason is going to be with all the big name free agents. Barkley is the idiot trying to infere that Lebron is saying he wants to leave the Cavs from that simple comment

MTar786
11-29-2008, 08:56 AM

...Lebron?? is that you?... i didnt know u use PSD

WickedBadMan
11-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Honestly, I don't see LeBron freely speaking about his FA situation. Any time he says anything is a result of the media asking him, "What do you think of the fans in NY?" So essentially I don't see him needing to "shut the hell up" about anything.

What I do think is ****** of him is what he does non-verbally. Wearing Yankee hats at Cleveland games, and naming his shoes "Big Apple" or whatever. That kind of **** is disrespectful.

Talick
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you Sir Charles!!! I like LeBron for his ability, but i freakin hate him as a person now. just one of the many reasons why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAowWFdlCrg

WTF. Stop whorin yourself out Lebron

JayW_1023
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
I agree with Sir Charles...the fact that LeBron couldn't come up with intelligent response showed he was busted with New York like Clinton got busted with Monica.

Barkley had all the right to call him out.

mjt20mik
11-29-2008, 01:25 PM

I honestly admire Lebron as a player, but it's just sad that he doesn't have the maturity to handle situations with the media, as well as harsh comments from Bark.

He should have so gone to college.

CheeseOnMyHead
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
For once I agree with Barkley.

JayW_1023
11-29-2008, 01:41 PM
They might re-nickname LeBron as 'Out of Town LeBrown'.

pippsux
11-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Here is what Lebron's comment should be.....wait for it........NO COMMENT! This answer is the only response that should be comming out of his mouth concerning the Knicks. Remember Larry Brown, coaching the Pistons and talking about how he always wanted to coach the Knicks, we all know how that ended.

I agree with Chuck, "shut the hell up" . As for the Knicks, wow! This is the first time a team started tanking a season with a winning record. Make trades when the team is winning, way to go, the wiz should be congratulated too for tanking early.

jimbobjarree
11-29-2008, 02:50 PM
hasnt Lebron replied angrily to this, it said so on nba.com

LeBrowns
11-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I honestly admire Lebron as a player, but it's just sad that he doesn't have the maturity to handle situations with the media, as well as harsh comments from Bark.

He should have gone to college instead of being the first pick in the draft just to be able to better handle the media? I dont think so.

mjt20mik
11-29-2008, 04:57 PM
He should have gone to college instead of being the first pick in the draft just to be able to better handle the media? I dont think so.

College has done wonders for people's game. I'm not saying this is the case for Lebron, but maybe college would help him with his maturity. Cause if someone does say something frank to you, you don't just go and say "your stupid". That shows that:

1) You don't have any respect for that player or yourself, based on that fact that you can't accept criticism.

2) Your vocabulary isn't too well defined.

Lizard King
11-29-2008, 05:05 PM
LeBron's just a disrespectful punk. I don't see where he gets off calling a legend like Barkley, "stupid." Just shows how much of a tool he really is.

BChydro86
11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
lebron is officially a huge tool. only because his comeback was to call charles barkley "stupid" thats such a pathetic comeback. how old is lebron? 8?

LeBrowns
11-29-2008, 11:28 PM
College has done wonders for people's game. I'm not saying this is the case for Lebron, but maybe college would help him with his maturity. Cause if someone does say something frank to you, you don't just go and say "your stupid". That shows that:

1) You don't have any respect for that player or yourself, based on that fact that you can't accept criticism.

2) Your vocabulary isn't too well defined.

That's a fair point as far as his vocabulary and maturity goes. But when you're talented enough to singlehandedly double a teams wins from a year before, I don't maturing your game is that important. But yes, LeBron did not handle this well, and he is not Michael Jordan in front of the press, hes only 24 but this being his 6th year in the league, he should know better.

dre1990
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
IMAO hes right

ink
11-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Well said.

Vegasguy80
11-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Whole hearted agree with Charles in Charge. It's disrespectful to his team, ownership and fans.