PDA

View Full Version : The Yankee hat conspiracy

kswissdaf
11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
This is about how when we see Star players wearing opposing teams apparel like for instance lebron james or just like i saw a minute ago Amare S.. We need to stop making such a big deal about a fashion statement. We are just wasting our time thinking Lebron will sign with the Knicks cause he supports the Yankees, does anyone else agree

Kyben36
11-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Yey, I know that NY thinks he will come but the only real thing that tells me he wants to move is he wants a big time town, which he by himself has turned cleavland into one of those teams. you know, since Im a Florida gator fan, I want to move from the Chicago Bulls, My hometown team and Favorite team to go play for Miami when the 2 teams ( Gators and Heat ) have nothing to do with one another. Plus, By the Way, Half the countrys Baseball fans are NY Yankees fans because they jumped onto their band wagon.

Tulanehockey
11-28-2008, 07:34 PM
The Yankees also sell the most merchandise of any MLB team. Look at rap videos, it's about the hip hop culture, not the city or team.

Hustla23
11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
lol It wasn't a fashion statement. The dude's a diehard yankee fan.

You can say it has nothing to do with 2010 but who knows :)

kswissdaf
11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
lol It wasn't a fashion statement. The dude's a diehard yankee fan.

You can say it has nothing to do with 2010 but who knows :)

a diehard:speechless: he is publicly known for being a bandwagon fan

Wilson
11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
The Yankees also sell the most merchandise of any MLB team. Look at rap videos, it's about the hip hop culture, not the city or team.

Eactly. People all over the world wear Yankee hats who don't even watch baseball, the pinstripes are just as much a fashion statement as a team sometimes.

jcphik
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Doesnt mean anything, it is a fashion statement, all the rappers wear them, do you honestly think 50 cent watches the Yankees play? I dont think so!

GREATNESS ONE
11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
ok I know we are talking about the Hat... But im pretty sure Lebron gets a gigantic bonus if he signs with a big Market from Nike ( LA,CHI,NY) I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up there.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-28-2008, 08:49 PM
ok I know we are talking about the Hat... But im pretty sure Lebron gets a gigantic bonus if he signs with a big Market from Nike ( LA,CHI,NY) I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up there.

I actually read he would have only gotten that bonus if he was on a big market team his rookie year. That is no longer part of his deal. He will only get the basketball money and what ever his endorsement deals are worth. Nike is not going to give him a bonus anymore

GREATNESS ONE
11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I actually read he would have only gotten that bonus if he was on a big market team his rookie year. That is no longer part of his deal. He will only get the basketball money and what ever his endorsement deals are worth. Nike is not going to give him a bonus anymore

oh ... well thx for clearing that up bro

Hustla23
11-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Once again it's not a hip hop black person culture thing. The guy is actually a yankee fan.

Hence, him attending their games and rooting for them :rolleyes:

rhino17
11-28-2008, 11:47 PM
a lot of player where yankees hats, it doesnt make a difference. I have seen tmac where a yankees hat a bunch

Lizard King
11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
:bang:

Apophis
11-29-2008, 07:36 AM

I beg to differ... Do you actually think that if he wanted to leave cleveland and they offer him the max.. which they can cause of bird rights... that Nike will not cover the rest of the contract so he can play in a big market like LA or NY? Big Market also adds to more dollars for Nike...