PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley

oldenpolynice
11-27-2008, 03:38 PM
He's been awful on TNT lately. Let's hope he can pick things up on Thanksgiving day.

Last week we saw three easy victories on Thursday night. The Celtics laid the wood to the Pistons in Boston, the Lakers cruised over the Suns in Los Angeles and, in a stunning upset, Kenny “The Jet” Smith proved to be ten times more entertaining than Charles Barkley on ‘Inside the NBA’.

Note to Chuck: your subdued stumbling, bumbling routine isn’t working. Please do some research. It doesn’t have to be a lot; just enough to fool us and make us believe that you know even a modicum amount about the 2008-09 basketball season. That’s all. Thanks for your consideration.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/27/tnt-challenge-week-4-112708/

Lakers4ItAll
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM
The games that have been televised on ESPN n TNT havent bene that good

Frrrrank!!!
11-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I love chuck(no homo), tnt is easily my favorite pregame/postgame group. I dont want chuck to do research, to me its just funny listen to him stumble over his own words trying to make a meaningless point.

MrBloop
11-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Not just the TNT games, but all of them. I'm sick of these boring azz Sixer/Orlando games.

Chuck will be his normal self come playoff time, I'm not worried.

Abdul Mutalib
11-27-2008, 06:41 PM

oldenpolynice
11-27-2008, 06:43 PM

What are you talking about?

Portland-Houston in early November was one of the best games of the season.

Detroit-Boston should have been amazing but just didn't turn out that way. Melo-LeBron last week was interesting, too.

MrBloop
11-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Houston, Detroit, and Boston aren't entertaining to me...and its not b/c of the D.

I can't wait for some chris paul 2nite!

Flash812
11-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I love chuck(no homo), tnt is easily my favorite pregame/postgame group. I dont want chuck to do research, to me its just funny listen to him stumble over his own words trying to make a meaningless point.

I agree with you, TNT is by far the best station for watching games. Their coverage beats the big networks and ESPN. Barkley and Kenny are hilarious, last year at the All-Star game was the best show ever put on by for a NBA broadcast.

Ansy
11-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I loved TNT when I had a DVR but I can't stand it now. Someone tells a joke, they laugh for 2 minutes then there are 8 minutes of commercials, then you come back and see clips of the game you just saw then another long commercial break. Barkley says something about some team not playing any defense then another 5 minutes of commercials. The formula is too contrived at this point and too much of the show is spent on ads.

It's entertaining for sure, but not worth sitting through all those super long ad breaks for.

Squad13
11-27-2008, 08:53 PM
He's been awful on TNT lately. Let's hope he can pick things up on Thanksgiving day.

lol Olden Polynice.... He was golfing behind me and I almost got a hole in one, he said "nice shot" ... I felt good. /story

nygiants242
11-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I loved TNT when I had a DVR but I can't stand it now. Someone tells a joke, they laugh for 2 minutes then there are 8 minutes of commercials, then you come back and see clips of the game you just saw then another long commercial break. Barkley says something about some team not playing any defense then another 5 minutes of commercials. The formula is too contrived at this point and too much of the show is spent on ads.

It's entertaining for sure, but not worth sitting through all those super long ad breaks for.

Completely agree. Well said :clap: Seriously it's getting old and lame.. the commercials suck and when there aren't any commercials it isn't even good quality.

oldenpolynice
11-28-2008, 02:23 AM
lol Olden Polynice.... He was golfing behind me and I almost got a hole in one, he said "nice shot" ... I felt good. /story

That's awesome. Props on the near hole in one.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-28-2008, 07:34 PM
i love inside the nba

boeknows
11-28-2008, 10:11 PM

You mean he was actually good before?

rosesbulls
11-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I liked his Lebron comments.

Fury
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
hes been bad for a while..i made a post a bout that before

pippsux
11-29-2008, 02:55 PM
I agree, no research for the chuckster. He is great just the way he is.

Now if you won't to talk about hosts, please somebodey stop Stuart Scott. Not only do I have to see him on MNF now he is doing NBA. Where is coach "Mad Dog" Carter? Or the other guy who used to host, I forgot his name, but they used to do the "iron unkind' bit anybody remember him, please provide his name he was the best.

yojoe792
11-29-2008, 03:30 PM
What???

How can you not like Chuck??:confused:??:confused:??

He's so god damn entertaining. I laugh all the time.