PDA

View Full Version : So Besides The Lakers

Lakers4ItAll
11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Who do you think has the best chance of coming out of the West? Or is it totally up for grabs after LAL?

JordansBulls
11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Houston or San Antonio IMO

CheeseOnMyHead
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Rockets and Hornets. Maybe even the Nuggets since the Billups trade has improved their team.

marques724
11-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Totally up for grabs

sp1derm00
11-27-2008, 12:14 AM
The Jazz. I don't think the Rockets are ready yet.

Lizard King
11-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Hornets, Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, and Suns.

rosesbulls
11-27-2008, 12:37 AM
hornets, jazz, Rockets, Nuggets (longest shot)

Raidaz4Life
11-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Jazz

alexander_37
11-27-2008, 12:46 AM
besides the lakers????

rockets > lakers

brails92
11-27-2008, 01:24 AM
besides the lakers????

rockets > lakers

dude the lakers beat the rockets by 29

Lakers4ItAll
11-27-2008, 01:25 AM
:rock:

Joshtd1
11-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I like how no one gives us a shot. (except JB)

One TP/Manu/Duncan are all playing at 100%, with the emergence of Mason and Hill, we will have just as good as shot as anyone.

JermanJaysFan
11-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I never bet against the Spurs, either. I'd put them directly behind LA, if not in front.

SouljahPhil...
11-27-2008, 01:45 AM
there are so many teams out west..

Houston
NO
Utah
Even the suns.,spurs and dallas..denver also has a chance...

SouljahPhil...
11-27-2008, 01:49 AM
besides the lakers????

rockets > lakers

haha...are you sure??? come on...

Lizard King
11-27-2008, 01:53 AM

One TP/Manu/Duncan are all playing at 100%, with the emergence of Mason and Hill, we will have just as good as shot as anyone.

You make a good point.

Nobody counted out the Jazz, who are in the same position as the Spurs with the injuries.

SouljahPhil...
11-27-2008, 02:03 AM
btw its to early to tell..As for now the lakers...But we never know what will happen in the future...trades.,injuries and waiver signings from buy outs...

Remeber last year..lakers were only favored from 5-8 seed..but after the gasol trade they become top 3 in the west...

S.J.Basketball
11-27-2008, 04:15 AM
Jazz. Lakers are 10-0 in the Western Conference and Utah is 8-1 with missing Deron most of the season and now Boozer. Jazz definetly!

Fans in Asia
11-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Jazz, hands down.

If you are not convinced, see the coming Jazz games with a healthy D Will.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

lynchgagne
11-27-2008, 07:38 AM
spurs or jazz

JayW_1023
11-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Don't sleep on the Spurs...we now have Mason and Hill emerging and once Parker returns we'll be a much deeper squad than last year.

More importantly, Manu looks like he still has his explosiveness.

JJ81
11-27-2008, 08:04 AM
It's up for grabs - Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, Nuggets, Jazz.

JayW_1023
11-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Ugggh...just noticed...Joshtd1 and I really have the tendency to say exactly the same thing in the exact same topic.

That's what you get for being a Spurs fan and sensible.

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-27-2008, 09:01 AM

Exactly my point on the Rockets > Lakers situation. The Spurs are now 7-2 since Parker was lost to injuries. Manu Ginobilli as strong in last nights game in limited play, and George Hill has come around to have 3 20 point games in his last 5 gamves. Roger Mason Jr is playing very well when used at PG/SG either with Hill or Manu starting at the other Guard Spot. Duncan is Duncan. Players are stepping up and we're starting to turn it around. Congrats to George Hill for stopping ROY Front Runner Derrick Rose last night. :D

codes238
11-27-2008, 09:05 AM
for some reason i really think that itll be the spurs coming out of the west this season... theyve weathered the early storm and duncan, parker and ginobli are all gonna be healthy and rested going into the postseason... theyve also received an infusion of young talent in roger mason jr and the rookie george hill whos been looking better and better by the game... i also think that kurt thomas, finley and bowen all have one more season left in them...

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-27-2008, 09:09 AM
for some reason i really think that itll be the spurs coming out of the west this season... theyve weathered the early storm and duncan, parker and ginobli are all gonna be healthy and rested going into the postseason... theyve also received an infusion of young talent in roger mason jr and the rookie george hill whos been looking better and better by the game... i also think the kurt thomas, finley and bowen all have one more season left in them...

TY for the kind words, A good mix of scoring from the guards, defense from the bigs, Udoka, Bowen, Thomas, Duncan. Have me very excited. Hill (11.7PPG, 3.4 RB, 3.2 AS) and Mason (14.9PPG, 4.1RB, 2.6APG) have my thrilled with the guard spots.

unwantedplayer
11-27-2008, 11:23 AM
houston, nuggets, spurs, mavs

jimbobjarree
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Utah up there and we havnt been at full strength....i like it.

season starts here, d will is back, and booz will follow shortly

leftymo
11-27-2008, 11:40 AM

2 years ago I'd agree with you. This Laker squad is probably better than any of the championship spurs teams, and probably better than any of the Laker championship teams of the 2000's.

They have to win the whole thing though, but I haven't seen a laker team this dominating.

JayW_1023
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
2 years ago I'd agree with you. This Laker squad is probably better than any of the championship spurs teams, and probably better than any of the Laker championship teams of the 2000's.

They have to win the whole thing though, but I haven't seen a laker team this dominating.

The regular season doesn't mean jack...the Suns won 62 too in Nash' first year there and the Spurs still punked them by 5.

If this Lakers team is really better they have to prove it in June. So far i'm impressed though.

JordansBulls
11-27-2008, 12:09 PM

Very True, but did you know the Knicks beat the Bulls in NYC by 32 in 1995-1996?

So you can't go by what happened in the season especially early on. Especially when the other may have all of it's players healthy by season's end.

astrosmaniac
11-27-2008, 12:41 PM
i say besides the lakers its:

houston
NO
SA
Utah

out of those 3 the only healthy team right now is NO which scares me at how good SA, houston, and utah are while being injured

king4day
11-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Jazz no question.
I think Spurs are gonna run a sick record too when 100%.
I think the Suns have a chance too but I'd put Utah and SA ahead right now.

I've lost confidence in the Hornets. Rockets need to get healthy to allow me to judge them.

AKA TheMamba
11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Very True, but did you know the Knicks beat the Bulls in NYC by 32 in 1995-1996?

So you can't go by what happened in the season especially early on. Especially when the other may have all of it's players healthy by season's end.

Like Pau said "They just got beat by a better team." Back on topic now, its going to be the Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz. I just don't see any other team giving the lakers a legitimate challenge. Houston is the dark horse though only if chemistry and health isn't an issue.

Wilson
11-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm not counting the Spurs out either. They'll always show up in the play-offs, and like some have said, they've had guys step up in the absence of Parker and Ginobili. I know the Lakers beat them 4-1 in the WCF last season, but I still don't really want to see them in the play-offs again this year.

G-Funk
11-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Did the Knicks started off as hot as the Lakers, first in almost everything?

G-Funk
11-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I gotta go with Jazz or Spurs unless the Rockets get hot towards the end of the season.

I still like my chances against Jazz and Spurs we got them last year we should this year also.

nygiants242
11-27-2008, 05:17 PM
up for grabs

COLH
11-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Houston, Suns or New Orleans

jimbobjarree
11-27-2008, 05:30 PM
i like the spurs, the rest of the teams still have a lot of improving to do, teams like the Jazz, Rockets, Hornets, Nuggets, Suns and Mavs still dont have what it takes in my opinion to win a championship.

I think the Rockets are much improved, and may get out the first round this year if they can lock up 3rd seed or higher (which appears a tougher task than they'd thought')

I'm not sold on the Hornets, looks like they have lost their mojo this season.

I've been impressed by the Nuggets, never thought I'd say that, but I am. Still, they've got nailed twice by the Lakers and lost to a Williamsless Jazz, and struggled at times, but they've put wins on the board.

the only two teams who we have more to come from are the Jazz and Spurs. The Jazz who havn't played their full strengh side yet, and the Spurs who have been without their star players for a while. I think the Jazz have improved heavily without their star players, played like Millsap, Price, Knight and Brewer have flourished, and I think that gives us a huge advantage come playoff time, with these guys having this experience of leading a winning team.

as for the Spurs, they know how to win, so I would never count them out.

I think it will go:

Lakers
Jazz (if they have no more major injuries here on in)
Rockets
Spurs
Nuggets

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
The regular season doesn't mean jack...the Suns won 62 too in Nash' first year there and the Spurs still punked them by 5.

If this Lakers team is really better they have to prove it in June. So far i'm impressed though.

Absolutely agree with that sentiment. They are 11 and 1 and are beating most teams convincingly, the playoffs are a different monster and we'll see what happens. The Lakers are doing it from different angles every game, and I respect them a lot.

xxdc2tegxx
11-27-2008, 05:40 PM
spurs...as much as we love to hate their "boringness"...spurs are always legit contenders.

anybody keeping track of ginobli's first 2 games back? His efficiency is rediculous. Once parker's back who knows?!?!

lakers1977
11-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I never bet against the Spurs, either. I'd put them directly behind LA, if not in front.the spurs suck this year they will not do anything this year

Wilson
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
the spurs suck this year they will not do anything this year

How do they suck? They're 8-6 with two of their top players missing significant time...

G-Funk
11-27-2008, 06:40 PM
the spurs suck this year they will not do anything this year

are u stupid?

DreamShaker
11-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Jazz, Spurs, or Lakers....maybe Hornets....not sold on the Rockets yet....

cmellofan15
11-27-2008, 09:50 PM
i like the spurs, the rest of the teams still have a lot of improving to do, teams like the Jazz, Rockets, Hornets, Nuggets, Suns and Mavs still dont have what it takes in my opinion to win a championship.

I think the Rockets are much improved, and may get out the first round this year if they can lock up 3rd seed or higher (which appears a tougher task than they'd thought')

I'm not sold on the Hornets, looks like they have lost their mojo this season.

I've been impressed by the Nuggets, never thought I'd say that, but I am. Still, they've got nailed twice by the Lakers and lost to a Williamsless Jazz, and struggled at times, but they've put wins on the board.

the only two teams who we have more to come from are the Jazz and Spurs. The Jazz who havn't played their full strengh side yet, and the Spurs who have been without their star players for a while. I think the Jazz have improved heavily without their star players, played like Millsap, Price, Knight and Brewer have flourished, and I think that gives us a huge advantage come playoff time, with these guys having this experience of leading a winning team.

as for the Spurs, they know how to win, so I would never count them out.

I think it will go:

Lakers
Jazz (if they have no more major injuries here on in)
Rockets
Spurs
Nuggets

But remember that Nuggets team that lost to the Jazz didn't have Carmelo (suspended) or Chauncey.

TMAC94
11-27-2008, 10:09 PM
if rockets, can play better, tmac shooting better, artest not taking silly shots then prob rockets and hornets maybe jazz

TickTickBoom
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Rockets and Hornets. Maybe even the Nuggets since the Billups trade has improved their team.

Those 3 are the exact teams I think have the best chance of beating the Lakers also. The Nuggets could be tough in the playoffs with a guy like Chauncey Billups running the team. He's got tons of playoff experience, he's beaten the Lakers in the finals with Detroit, he is a pure point guard and a scorer, and he can play defense. The Nuggets look tough with Melo and Chauncey all of the sudden.

Sox Appeal
11-28-2008, 02:48 AM
But remember that Nuggets team that lost to the Jazz didn't have Carmelo (suspended) or Chauncey.

The Nuggets where yet to make the trade for Billups, so that means they still had AI playing for them. And he's (AI) still one of the best players in the NBA, so it's not like they where playing the Jazz without any of their best players going for them. But don't get me wrong, the Nuggets not having Melo defiantly a huge blow to them. But the Jazz where also missing a key player in that game. Deron Williams didn't play, and he's just as important (maybe more so) to the Jazz, then Melo is to the Nuggets.

IversonIsKrazy
11-28-2008, 03:01 AM
well i mean spurs got the lucky steal with the signing of Roger Mason. And who would have thought a spurs second-round draft pick will get them 12ppg, 3apg, and muscle. Ginobili has returned, once parker returns (which is 2 weeks) spurs r lookin pretty damn good.

I gotta put spurs at 2nd. Its an odd year guys!

brails92
11-28-2008, 03:48 AM

true but until they beat us or get a better record then us he can't say the rockets are better

brails92
11-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Exactly my point on the Rockets > Lakers situation. The Spurs are now 7-2 since Parker was lost to injuries. Manu Ginobilli as strong in last nights game in limited play, and George Hill has come around to have 3 20 point games in his last 5 gamves. Roger Mason Jr is playing very well when used at PG/SG either with Hill or Manu starting at the other Guard Spot. Duncan is Duncan. Players are stepping up and we're starting to turn it around. Congrats to George Hill for stopping ROY Front Runner Derrick Rose last night. :D

what did any of that have to do with whether the rockets or lakers are better?

jimbobjarree
11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
theres probably 5/6 teams in the west playing better ball than houston...how on earth can you say they're better than the Lakers?

Lakers4ItAll
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Thats how the Spurs always are good there scouting is incredible so I'm sure nobody is suprised

well i mean spurs got the lucky steal with the signing of Roger Mason. And who would have thought a spurs second-round draft pick will get them 12ppg, 3apg, and muscle. Ginobili has returned, once parker returns (which is 2 weeks) spurs r lookin pretty damn good.

I gotta put spurs at 2nd. Its an odd year guys!