PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis

Ewagner
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm throwing this out there now. if mcdaniel leaves as many believe he will does charlie come back if he gets bounced from the notre dame? on another more unlikely note what about crennel?

CheeseOnMyHead
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I've lost a lot of respect for him in the past couple years, but I think he was great at calling an offense when he was here.

And I don't think Crennel will be fired. After what he did last year, he deserves another chance. But you never know. Owners always blame it on the coach even when the losses aren't mostly their fault.

unwantedplayer
11-26-2008, 11:35 PM
You never know today. No job is safe when there are millions of people starving.

kazzy4080
11-27-2008, 02:49 AM
i highly doubt that either would come back to be a coordinator for the patriots. i would love it though.

also this is why i hate college sports if weis gets fired he gets paid 16 million for the rest of his contract (i think thats the number i heard so i might be wrong but still it be a ton of money). i just find it crazy that a college that is meant to be used for academic purposes is paying a coach to do nothing that much money. sorry i just felt like saying that

The Intimidator
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Weis isn't going anywhere, even with the speculation. But if he were to be fired, there's no way he comes back to be a coordinator, IMO.

Wake's Fastball
11-28-2008, 09:57 PM
i highly doubt that either would come back to be a coordinator for the patriots. i would love it though.

also this is why i hate college sports if weis gets fired he gets paid 16 million for the rest of his contract (i think thats the number i heard so i might be wrong but still it be a ton of money). i just find it crazy that a college that is meant to be used for academic purposes is paying a coach to do nothing that much money. sorry i just felt like saying that

I find it pretty disgusting too, but playing Devil's Advocate for a second, probably every cent of that money and more was raised through the football program/boosters to go towards the program.

On topic though, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Weis/Crennel back at all. I agree with those above that both probably wind up getting another year, but whatever.

SportsFan17
11-29-2008, 08:34 PM
You never know today. No job is safe when there are millions of people starving.

You're serious, aren't you?