PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Situation

yao pwns noobs
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Lebron is as good as gone to the knicks. might as well trade him to them in the offseason in a sign and trade and get a butt load of draft picks.

AMC31
11-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah if LeBron wants to go to one of the suckiest teams in the league, do u really think LeBron wants to go play for a team who plays no defense at all, and looking how well the Cavs are playing this year, why would he want to go to the Knicks?

HOZ THE KNICK
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
did you boys see how lebron was admiring that 100 ft billboard of him in nyc he was very impressed

Cavs_Fan24
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
You know what, and I never thought I'd say this but I am just soo frustrated right now about all this talk about LeBron leaving in 2010, so im going to say it.
I dont give a **** if he goes to NY anymore. He says he wants to win a championship well guess what? Teams win championships, not players and judging on last night's game the Cavs have a much better team then NY. So fine LeBron, leave in 2010 and go to the ****in knicks. I can't wait to see the frustration you'll have when you cant even make the playoffs.

And besides, we won't be doomed without LeBron, we'll still have Mo Williams, Gibson, not to mention lots of cap-space in 2010 and we can get another star player.

Honestly, I dont care anymore. Right now I've lost a lot of respect for LeBron because he could just ignore all of these questions he's being asked instead of saying "July 1st 2010 is gonna be a big day". JUST DONT SAY ANYTHING!:mad:

If he wanted to win that badly he'd stay. He said he wears #23 in honour of MJ. DID MICHAEL JORDAN EVER LEAVE CHICAGO TO GO TO ANOTHER TEAM? NOOOO! He stayed with the Bulls, won 6 championships, and showed a lot of class by being loyal to the team that drafted him. To me, if LeBron James goes to NY just for the extra money because of endorsements, cuz he's a yankees fan, or cuz New York is one of his favourite cities and whatever else lame-*** excuse he may have, I would consider him one of the most selfish, greedy, no-class players of all-time.

Do what you want LeBron, I could care less right now, or ever.

dwiduck
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
You know what, and I never thought I'd say this but I am just soo frustrated right now about all this talk about LeBron leaving in 2010, so im going to say it.
I dont give a **** if he goes to NY anymore. He says he wants to win a championship well guess what? Teams win championships, not players and judging on last night's game the Cavs have a much better team then NY. So fine LeBron, leave in 2010 and go to the ****in knicks. I can't wait to see the frustration you'll have when you cant even make the playoffs.

And besides, we won't be doomed without LeBron, we'll still have Mo Williams, Gibson, not to mention lots of cap-space in 2010 and we can get another star player.

Honestly, I dont care anymore. Right now I've lost a lot of respect for LeBron because he could just ignore all of these questions he's being asked instead of saying "July 1st 2010 is gonna be a big day". JUST DONT SAY ANYTHING!:mad:

If he wanted to win that badly he'd stay. He said he wears #23 in honour of MJ. DID MICHAEL JORDAN EVER LEAVE CHICAGO TO GO TO ANOTHER TEAM? NOOOO! He stayed with the Bulls, won 6 championships, and showed a lot of class by being loyal to the team that drafted him. To me, if LeBron James goes to NY just for the extra money because of endorsements, cuz he's a yankees fan, or cuz New York is one of his favourite cities and whatever else lame-*** excuse he may have, I would consider him one of the most selfish, greedy, no-class players of all-time.

Do what you want LeBron, I could care less right now, or ever.

well put, i just wish that all these ******* knick fans would shut up until at least next winter.

Cavs_Fan24
11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
^tell me about it. Now we have to put up with this :bs: for another 2 years.

MrBloop
11-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Do what you want LeBron, I could care less right now, or
ever.

I am getting such joy out of watching every Cav fan blow their lid. You delusional Cavs fans had to have seen the writing on the wall.

Enough with all this look at our team and look at the Knicks team, your team is good because you have Lebron on it lol, thats why.

You put Lebron on the Knicks with some1 else decent, and your better than the Cavs.

If the two players your boasting are Mo Williams and Daniel Boobie:rolleyes: Gibson, give me a break.

Your talking smack about a blow out against an out of sync Knick team who just completed 2 deals involving 6 players.

MJ stayed with the bulls b/c they gave him the chance to succeed by the way.

If your gonna kill Lebron for exercising his right as an NBA player, fine but If you were him, would you honsestly wanna play for the Cavs your entire career? I took them this long to get an adequate side kick for Lebron in the name of Mo Williams? Thats the best you can do? Sure he's an upgrade, but Lebron is no idiot, If there is a chance to play on the biggest stage with a Wade, Bosh, Amare type, why turn that down.

Your angry with his ego size, that much is clear, but give the guy some credit, he's gonna be taking on a much more daunting task than any other player in the last 30 years, he's gonna be going to the biggest city in the world city who's been starving for a championship more than any other city in the NBA. He will have more pressure on him than any other athlete. He will have a rabid fanbase, an unforgiving media, and his own expectations weighing on him every day. Sure he's taking the money, but he's gotta produce.

If he could come to the Knicks and bring a couple of banners to the garden, he would finally be able to justifiably be mentioned in the same light as Jordan, nothing he could do in Cleveland would give him that legacy.

MrBloop
11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
well put, i just wish that all these ******* knick fans would shut up until at least next winter.

HEy we still gotta sit here and listen to you Cavs fans whine. I can't wait to see your reactions if you guys get bumped form the post season. I can see all of you killin Lebron about not being able to get it done.

You City and all your teams have been irrelevant for years, until the King showed up...no big star ever stays in Cleveland, ever. You should all be used to it.

Don't mean to be harsh here, but you called us Knick fans JackAsses.

dwiduck
11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
HEy we still gotta sit here and listen to you Cavs fans whine. I can't wait to see your reactions if you guys get bumped form the post season. I can see all of you killin Lebron about not being able to get it done.

You City and all your teams have been irrelevant for years, until the King showed up...no big star ever stays in Cleveland, ever. You should all be used to it.

For one, i would never turn on one of my teams players for "not getting it done" and secondly, i calls em like i sees em

Zefflin
11-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I am getting such joy out of watching every Cav fan blow their lid. You delusional Cavs fans had to have seen the writing on the wall.

Enough with all this look at our team and look at the Knicks team, your team is good because you have Lebron on it lol, thats why.

You put Lebron on the Knicks with some1 else decent, and your better than the Cavs.

If the two players your boasting are Mo Williams and Daniel Boobie:rolleyes: Gibson, give me a break.

Your talking smack about a blow out against an out of sync Knick team who just completed 2 deals involving 6 players.

MJ stayed with the bulls b/c they gave him the chance to succeed by the way.

If your gonna kill Lebron for exercising his right as an NBA player, fine but If you were him, would you honsestly wanna play for the Cavs your entire career? I took them this long to get an adequate side kick for Lebron in the name of Mo Williams? Thats the best you can do? Sure he's an upgrade, but Lebron is no idiot, If there is a chance to play on the biggest stage with a Wade, Bosh, Amare type, why turn that down.

Your angry with his ego size, that much is clear, but give the guy some credit, he's gonna be taking on a much more daunting task than any other player in the last 30 years, he's gonna be going to the biggest city in the world city who's been starving for a championship more than any other city in the NBA. He will have more pressure on him than any other athlete. He will have a rabid fanbase, an unforgiving media, and his own expectations weighing on him every day. Sure he's taking the money, but he's gotta produce.

If he could come to the Knicks and bring a couple of banners to the garden, he would finally be able to justifiably be mentioned in the same light as Jordan, nothing he could do in Cleveland would give him that legacy.

Good points and post.

EdTheRevelator
11-26-2008, 09:21 PM
This thread is stupid. :rolleyes:

Ballin274
11-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Good points and post.

agreed, these Cleveland fans are bugging out right now, lmao

KingsFiend
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Ok, I'm not even a Cavs fan, or a Knicks fan, so I'm bringing a completely netural openion here. First if your a Knicks Fan, It would be huge to get James, but at what cost? In order to open up the cap room to get him you will be dumping alot of talent. I was looking at your Salary Cap picture just last night, because I heard Jalen Rose talking about how your Salary Cap in 2010 was going to be around 18 Million. So I looked at it, and it was around 18million, but that 18 Million was for only 5 players that were going to be under contract that year, and since NBA Teams consist of 13-15 players, what kind of talent are you going to be able to buy after you spend all that money on James? I have also heard Knicks fans talking about how they are not only getting James, but more than likely another big name like Chris Bosh. And if your a Knicks fan go ahead and forget about that one, because with all the buzz that this 2010 FA class is bringing, there are so many teams clearing up cap space, so if you think your going to buy James away from Cleveland and land a Chris Bosh, Jermain O'Neal, or an Amare, it's not going to happen. There is going to be to much money being thrown around and if your think one of those players is humble enough to take less money to play "second fiddle" to Labron, your kidding yourself, egos are to big in this league for that to happen. And also what makes you think he isn't just playing this up with NY so Cleveland will fork over the kind of money he wants? It's called a business ploy. Ohio is his home, and its not like the Cavs are bums and not making the post season.

And to Cavs fans, if I were you, I would look at it this way. He already made a point to say he wanted to be a Billionare athlete, and also said he would think about going over seas to play if the price was right. (70 Million) So if all James is after is money and fame, and he is going to go to New York to persue bigger endorsements. If I were you, I wouldn't want him anyway. I like the point that was made earlier, if it was this July I could understand the talk, but it's not, and we don't even know what things are going to be like in July 2010. For all we know that almighty King James could pull a Ben Rothlisberger and get in some motercycle accident that could end his career. So Cavs fans, James is a Cav, and will be this season and the next. So if I were you, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it right now.

Westbrook36
11-26-2008, 11:14 PM
This thread means nothing, It's really too early and I highly doubt that you actually know where he will be going or if he leaves anything.

1 Cavs Fans, Dont worry about it.

2. MrBloop, You seriously have nothing to talk crap about, sorry but saying Lebron is without a doubt going to the Knicks is ridiculous. Unless your getting inside information that he has told his family that he wants to go to NY and that He already has a contract ready to sign in two years? Nooone knows what he will do..

LeBrowns
11-27-2008, 12:10 AM
The only thing LeBron was admiring was the Cavs beating your sorry franchise without him on the floor. You guys must be really desperate to worship a player who isn't even yours.

LeBrowns
11-27-2008, 12:12 AM

The Knicks can spend all the money they want, just ask the Yankees. It worked for them!

IndiansFan337
11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
I love how everyone seems to think that "they know what LeBron is going to do in 2010".

He doesn't even know what he's going to do in 2010.

He wants to win a championship. If the Cavs are a championship contender, he will remain with them. He loves it here. The fans here adore him. And his family/friends are here.

He's not going to jump on the bandwagon of a championship level team & play for the MLE. If another great team has cap space & makes him a max offer he may very well consider the move, if the situation is good. But I just don't see him heading to NY or NJ, honestly. Both teams are in shambles. Sure, a lot can change in 2 years. And I'm sure it will. But until we get close to the summer of 2010 it is pointless to discuss his potential move, because so much can change between now and then. Let's wait and see what happens between now & then.

infamous
11-27-2008, 01:56 AM
guys don't listen to this pesky knicks fans telling lebron will leave for ny, don't get frustrated about this or get angry at lebron he hasn't done anything yet, the media is just blowing this out of proportion, if lebron will not say anything if asked about 2010 it will just fuel more speculations. I'm glad he said that he is focus for this season and for the cavs.

The knicks fan are just making this stupid threads out of frustrations, because they have nothing to cheer about this season, their team sucks. They are so infatuated with bron and they want to steal our thunder and joy. Just ignore threads like this.

THE MTL
11-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey CAVS fans! Like my sig. Look at my sig! LOL the sig.

Seriously, Im sorry though cause I think it has become obvious Lebron will be a Knick. I think Lebron might have called Walsh and told him that he was coming to make those crappy trades. lol :D.

But you guys rock right now! I am not trying to disrespect you guys and i apologize if this seems disrespectful. ANYWAY. SIG!

THE MTL
11-27-2008, 02:48 AM
you know what, and i never thought i'd say this but i am just soo frustrated right now about all this talk about lebron leaving in 2010, so im going to say it.
I dont give a **** if he goes to ny anymore. He says he wants to win a championship well guess what? Teams win championships, not players and judging on last night's game the cavs have a much better team then ny. So fine lebron, leave in 2010 and go to the ****in knicks. I can't wait to see the frustration you'll have when you cant even make the playoffs.

And besides, we won't be doomed without lebron, we'll still have mo williams, gibson, not to mention lots of cap-space in 2010 and we can get another star player.

Honestly, i dont care anymore. right now i've lost a lot of respect for lebron because he could just ignore all of these questions he's being asked instead of saying "july 1st 2010 is gonna be a big day". Just dont say anything!:mad:

if he wanted to win that badly he'd stay. He said he wears #23 in honour of mj. Did michael jordan ever leave chicago to go to another team? noooo! he stayed with the bulls, won 6 championships, and showed a lot of class by being loyal to the team that drafted him. To me, if lebron james goes to ny just for the extra money because of endorsements, cuz he's a yankees fan, or cuz new york is one of his favourite cities and whatever else lame-*** excuse he may have, i would consider him one of the most selfish, greedy, no-class players of all-time.

do what you want lebron, i could care less right now, or ever.

haha! Lol! Lmao!

mattben8
11-27-2008, 03:31 AM
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronbigapple-081126

Adande makes a lot of great points:

LeBron still leads everyone but Tiger and Phil Mickelson in endorsement money, more than Shaq, more than Kobe, and more than ARod and Jeter COMBINED (hey...what city do they play in again?)

When people think of NBA greatness and of NBA History, they think of teams like LA and Boston, and players like Bird, Magic, Dr. J, Bill Russell, Wilt Chaimberlin, and Michael Jordan....HOW MANY OF THESE PLAYERS PLAYED IN NEW YORK???? NONE....ZERO...ZIP....NADA.....

Adande said it best....LeBron and New York City BOTH get a lot of hype...

The difference is that only LeBron lives up to it....

infamous
11-27-2008, 05:33 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronbigapple-081126

LeBron still leads everyone but Tiger and Phil Mickelson in endorsement money, more than Shaq, more than Kobe, and more than ARod and Jeter COMBINED (hey...what city do they play in again?)

When people think of NBA greatness and of NBA History, they think of teams like LA and Boston, and players like Bird, Magic, Dr. J, Bill Russell, Wilt Chaimberlin, and Michael Jordan....HOW MANY OF THESE PLAYERS PLAYED IN NEW YORK???? NONE....ZERO...ZIP....NADA.....

You nailed it! :clap: great post!

LeBrowns
11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
James doesn’t need New York. New York (and more specifically the Knicks) needs James.

The way people have been talking about the lure of playing for the Knicks recently, I would have thought they were talking about the Yankees. Yes, the Knicks play in Madison Square Garden, “The Word’s Most Famous Arena,” and are in New York City, one of the world’s biggest media markets. But that’s where the draw ends. If James were shopping for a penthouse or looking to start a magazine, this move would be a slam dunk, but he’s trying to win basketball games.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-27-2008, 03:03 PM
I love listening to Knicks fans who think they know Lebron's situation..

Let me ask you something who are you getting your information from?
ESPN? Because how many times have they been wrong? Now ask yourself why they are usually wrong. Well lets see they make money off of stories right?

That's why they are most of the time false in their predictions, because no one knows what's going on with LeBron right now or just about any prediction. We look to them as the all knowing of sports at times. Therefore as fans we believe everything they say, us then becoming ESPN's puppets. The way you take it is up to you. Obviously Knicks fans dig it..Why wouldn't they, and which city makes more sense to favor media wise? New York, because well they out number Cleveland.

I am just saying Knicks fans please analyze the situation more. Instead of just coming into a thread speaking very very ignorant. It makes you look bad. That's why Knicks fans are treated poorly like being called "jackasses". Take my advice and use it to your full advantage. I am not saying LeBron is staying in Cleveland and I am not saying he is leaving to NY. Of course me being a avid fan of the Cavaliers I would like him to stay. Look behind what the media says though, remember they are out to make money on you. They know what one of the largest cities in the world wants to hear. Media isn't stupid, we all fall into their tricks.

EdTheRevelator
11-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Like this one:

It doesn't matter that the Knicks reside in the nation's largest television market. New York only matters to New Yorkers. The rest of the country doesn't care.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Like this one:

Ha ha I do like that one.

THE MTL
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Whoa! New York has a rich history and historically is right up there we everyone else. I like how u forgot guys like Patrick Ewing, Willis Reed, and Walt Frazier.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey CAVS fans! Like my sig. Look at my sig! LOL the sig.

Seriously, Im sorry though cause I think it has become obvious Lebron will be a Knick. I think Lebron might have called Walsh and told him that he was coming to make those crappy trades. lol :D.

But you guys rock right now! I am not trying to disrespect you guys and i apologize if this seems disrespectful. ANYWAY. SIG!

Oh do you a close source to LeBron too like all the other Knick fans.:rolleyes:

Draco
11-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh do you a close source to LeBron too like all the other Knick fans.:rolleyes:

Now that NY traded their two leading scorers.. if you also take away their pipe dreams those Knick fans will have absolutely nothing else to look forward too ;) So even though Dwight Howard won't be a FA until 2012.. let them also think they'll have a chance at getting him in 2010. They'll definately, most certainly, without a doubt and it's a gaurentee the Knicks will sign Lebron, Bosh, Nash, Dwight and CP3 in 2010.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Now that NY traded their two leading scorers.. if you also take away their pipe dreams those Knick fans will have absolutely nothing else to look forward too ;) So even though Dwight Howard won't be a FA until 2012.. let them also think they'll have a chance at getting him in 2010. They'll definately, most certainly, without a doubt and it's a gaurentee the Knicks will sign Lebron, Bosh, Nash, Dwight and CP3 in 2010.

Ha ha yeah. What a lineup they will have in 2010!

davidst.hubbins
11-28-2008, 12:18 PM

firstly, what does that even mean...NYC doesnt live up to the hype? please explain...

secondly, about the players you named, LeBron can be THAT GUY for the knicks....what had the Bulls ever done before Jordan showed up? what great ever played for them? Dr. J huh? What all-time great ever played for the Sixers or Nets before him???

your post holds know water, just because you fail to name past greats that played on the knicks doesnt mean theyve a.) never had any(ewing, frazier, debusschere) and b.) they wont get that guy in 2 years.

Sbank
11-28-2008, 03:41 PM
I closing this threat. It's too early to tell and no valid points why LeBron would leave to go to Knicks. Plus I see a lot of baiting coming out of this.