PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion

KB24PG16
11-26-2008, 01:43 PM
With him getting paid 17 mil and becoming a free agent after the season makes the question which will go after him. I dont think there isnt any possible way that he'll get 17 mil a year. but what will go after him with teams that are lookin at 2010 and seein much better players than marion. so what kind of money will he get paid and where perhaps where will he go

NYMetros
11-26-2008, 01:45 PM
He definitely won't be getting paid 17 million anymore. I'm not sure how many years he will get in his contract either. He will be 31 by the time he's a FA, so I don't see him getting more than 3 or 4 years.

superkegger
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
This is an interesting question. To me, this is a time when the rich can get richer. And by that I mean they can probably low ball some guys like marion, because there are a lot of teams that simply aren't going to pay anyone any money so they have cap for 2010. I think some teams that are borderline contenders, that if they play it smart can really help their team and become contenders. but we'll see, i guess it just depends on who thinks they really have a shot in 2010 at big names.

Layneh3180
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I am a Jazz fan. And I know that they want Boozer. And I am pretty sure that Boozer wants to go there. As he has a home there. So I would not be surprised if the Jazz tried to work something with that situation. So that they could get something instead of nothing. But who knows.... Maybe they just take the chance and try to sign him after the season. And in that of course I mean Boozer...

IBleedPurple
11-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Marion is the most overrated player in the league. His D is solid, but he is an inconsistent offensive player, and a terrible teammate

MiamiHeat
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
terrible teammate?

JPHX
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Marion is the most overrated player in the league. His D is solid, but he is an inconsistent offensive player, and a terrible teammate

....or so the media says.

b_rad23
11-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I am a Jazz fan. And I know that they want Boozer. And I am pretty sure that Boozer wants to go there. As he has a home there. So I would not be surprised if the Jazz tried to work something with that situation. So that they could get something instead of nothing. But who knows.... Maybe they just take the chance and try to sign him after the season. And in that of course I mean Boozer...

I think it's just smoke and mirrors. He doesn't really fit and he is a Beasley clone as a player. We'll see though.

Definitely not. His offensive game is just starting to mesh with our team (take a look at the last couple games statistically). Trust me he's underrated at this point because of everyone calling him overrated. There's a noticable difference when he's off the floor. Defensively we get killed and there's less flow on offense. He's by far our best defensive player and he doesn't have any plays run for him yet he continues to score with runners and putbacks. He's as good of a teammate as it gets.

IBleedPurple
11-26-2008, 03:56 PM
How much would you pay him a year? Tough to take a big paycut from 17 mil a year....

MiamiHeat
11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
How much would you pay him a year? Tough to take a big paycut from 17 mil a year....

7-9 mil a year around there
that's probably what he's going to get if he resigns with the Heat or another team

Mallpha
11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I wouldnt pay him more than like 7 mln a year he is a good defender and can run ocasionaly make some 3 to go in if he gets an open look but he only is fully efficient in certain systems.

If he wont improve by the end of the season i really dont see his financial future bright only teams come to my mind in witch he could be fully effective are Warriors, Knicks and maybe Mavs.

On the other hand imagin he would agreey to play 1 year for minimum for Knicks than wait and see how thing shape if they can drag those superstars to come play for Knicks and he could get some decent deal he aint poor and could play for contender.

rosesbulls
11-26-2008, 04:33 PM
With him getting paid 17 mil and becoming a free agent after the season makes the question which will go after him. I dont think there isnt any possible way that he'll get 17 mil a year. but what will go after him with teams that are lookin at 2010 and seein much better players than marion. so what kind of money will he get paid and where perhaps where will he go

Id bet the bulls go after him with gooden and gordon coming off the books we can probably get him a 5-8m a year contract for 3 years

Mallpha
11-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Id bet the bulls go after him with gooden and gordon coming off the books we can probably get him a 5-8m a year contract for 3 years

I think he would be very bad pick for Bulls you got Deng as SF and no player that can get it dne under the basket and i really doubt Marion would be the anwser here.

HiphopRelated
11-26-2008, 04:48 PM
lol @ saying anything in the 5-7 range

He's not a damn MLE player

He'll get around 10 per, which is what he deserves if his offense continues to mesh well in Miami

king4day
11-26-2008, 05:00 PM
lol @ saying anything in the 5-7 range

He's not a damn MLE player

He'll get around 10 per, which is what he deserves if his offense continues to mesh well in Miami

Agreed. He's going to probably get somewhere around 9-10 mil even if he's not worth it.
He'll fit a team just like Artest fit the Rockets.
No team will build around him, just use him to fill a gaping hole or as a final piece.

I think Odom will return to LA, but if he left, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. Replace Vlad with Shawn and u have a stellar starting lineup. It's hurt the 3pt shooting though.

jimbobjarree
11-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I thought he's got something agreed with the Heat about getting paid 12/13mil a year?

KB24PG16
11-26-2008, 06:23 PM
if marion gets signed before odom then lakers can have some kind of base salary to offer odom off marions deal

b_rad23
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
if marion gets signed before odom then lakers can have some kind of base salary to offer odom off marions deal

Marion>>>>>Odom.