PDA

View Full Version : The 2008-09 North Carolina National Championship Thread

Pages : [1] 2

YankeePride13
11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
The Heels moved to 5-0 after yet another convincing win over Oregon. This was by far the most impressive, as they seemed to over-match a strong Pac-10 opponent.

With Tyler Hansbrough seemingly now close to 100%, is there anything (besides injury) stopping the Heels this season?

It appears they are in simply another league than everyone in college basketball right now.

Their first true test comes tonight against a very good Notre Dame team. The question comes up, if this is yet another blowout, will anyone be able to play them close this season?

Sabres39
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I do believe you guys face Michigan St. in late November or early December. We'll see how you guys do against your first real opponent.

SidTheKid
11-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I do believe you guys face Michigan St. in late November or early December. We'll see how you guys do against your first real opponent.

Should be a great game.

Jimi032890
11-27-2008, 12:28 AM

a that will be a good game and MSU will win. Raymar Morgan will have a great game.

by the way, Psycho T is the dumbest nickname ive ever heard

YankeePride13
11-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Pretty sure we just stomped the #7 team in the nation...

That not real enough for you???

LivingThroughMe
11-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Sorry, I guess all of us should be on the UNC wagon too. UNC will beat all teams it faces, we should just end the season right now!

SidTheKid
11-27-2008, 01:59 PM

Grow up.

chicagofan71
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM

Stomped? Really? Sure it wasn't close, but if Jackson doesn't go to the line with 4 left, and McAlarney's shot counts, its a WHOLE different ball game

Then again, ND wasn't making any stops

WI Sports Fan
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
The question comes up, if this is yet another blowout, will anyone be able to play them close this season?

Anyone who brings that question up should never ask one.

YankeePride13
11-28-2008, 07:02 PM
So much UNC hate on this forum...Love it.

1. ND isn't even in that game if the kid doesn't play the 5 minutes of his life hitting 3's from everywhere...

2. Grow up? Was it a fact that we stomped the #7 team in the nation? Yes. What is childish about that statement?

3. No one has played them close, including some big programs (Kentucky, Oregon, ND)..Why is that such a bad question to ask?

There's a "Duke is Awesome" thread and they aren't in the same league as UNC this year, so how is this such a bad thread??

WI Sports Fan
11-28-2008, 08:11 PM
3. No one has played them close, including some big programs (Kentucky, Oregon, ND)..Why is that such a bad question to ask?

Because it's arrogant at best, but more likely just ignorant.

I mean, just look at last year.

Davidson: 72-68
Clemson: 90-88
Georgia Tech: 83-82
Maryland: 80-82
Duke: 78-89
Virginia: 75-74
Virginia Tech: 68-66
Clemson: 86-81
Kansas: 66-84

What's the difference between these 2 UNC teams? They added Ed Davis and lost Alex Stepheson and Quentin Thomas with Marcus Ginyard hurt? In other words, this team isn't much better, if any better, than it was last year. So why on earth would anyone possibly think they would run through a season without a close game? 2 reasons: ignorance and/or arrogance.

Kentucky lost to VMI at home and Oregon lost to Oakland at home. Enough said.

P.S. No one is hating on UNC, but they are hating on clowns like you that represent their fan base.

A Yankee fan that also likes UNC... HMMMM

jcphik
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
UNC will lose in the National Championship game to the best team in the nation Texas, ya-ya-ya-...start the ragging

SidTheKid
11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
p.s. No one is hating on unc, but they are hating on clowns like you that represent their fan base.

qft.

mock1981
11-29-2008, 04:40 AM
Michigan State sux. A crummy Maryland team beat the snot out of them. UNC will CRUCIFY them. They need to do away with the annual Big 10/ACC shootout anyway. The ACC would have more competition from a high school conference in a shootout.

YankeePride13
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM

What's the difference between these 2 UNC teams? They added Ed Davis and lost Alex Stepheson and Quentin Thomas with Marcus Ginyard hurt? In other words, this team isn't much better, if any better, than it was last year. So why on earth would anyone possibly think they would run through a season without a close game? 2 reasons: ignorance and/or arrogance.

P.S. No one is hating on UNC, but they are hating on clowns like you that represent their fan base.

Are you seriously using last year's numbers to talk about this season??

What's the difference between last year and this year?? Seriously, do you even watch sports???

How about another year older and more mature. How about another year of playing together vs. teams that don't have all their players coming back who still need to gel. How about knowing the system for 3 or 4 years vs. players who only know it 1 year.

Do you really think because the same players are there a team doesn't improve from one year to the next??? That's plain ********.

I've asked a question that at this point has a legitimate reason to be raised...No one has played them close yet. They've played tough teams, no one deserves to be on the same court as them right now. And this is without their best defender, who will be back in 2 weeks.

When someone gives them a run, that question will be answered...But at this point...it doesn't appear anyone can play them close. UCONN has the talent, but might lack the experience (minus AJ).

WI Sports Fan
11-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Are you seriously using last year's numbers to talk about this season??

What's the difference between last year and this year?? Seriously, do you even watch sports???

How about another year older and more mature. How about another year of playing together vs. teams that don't have all their players coming back who still need to gel. How about knowing the system for 3 or 4 years vs. players who only know it 1 year.

Do you really think because the same players are there a team doesn't improve from one year to the next??? That's plain ********.

I've asked a question that at this point has a legitimate reason to be raised...No one has played them close yet. They've played tough teams, no one deserves to be on the same court as them right now. And this is without their best defender, who will be back in 2 weeks.

When someone gives them a run, that question will be answered...But at this point...it doesn't appear anyone can play them close. UCONN has the talent, but might lack the experience (minus AJ).

How about this, you go find 1 team in recent history, or even in NCAA history, that went an entire season without playing a close game, and then come talk about UNC doing it.

Considering this UNC team is exactly the same as last year's team (minus their 2 team captains), it's completely valid to point out last season's numbers. I'm saying that there's no way this team improved enough to eliminate 10 close games/losses from their schedule. If you can't understand that, you're a moron. When you throw in the fact that most of the Tar Heels have topped out, and that improvement gets even smaller.

Look at Florida in their back-to-back championship years. They returned everyone, including more talented players than UNC is, and they still lost 6 games their second season.

You've played 6 games. That's 15% of what you'd need to complete what you're talking about. Only 1 of those games have been against a team that will be in the NCAA tournament.

Again, I can answer that question right now, UNC WILL play a close game this year. I would be willing to bet a large sum of money on it.

ugadawgsfan17
11-30-2008, 12:58 PM

A big reason that UNC played so badly in a lot of those games was because Thomas was their only PG. A healthy Bobby Frasor and Ty Lawson will help a lot. Ginyard had to help bring the ball up last year because Q was the only player in one of the most important positions in basketball. With that said, losing Zeller hurts and not having our main defensive stopper in Ginyard for a little while is big. Even if we lose a couple games, I'm not too worried about our chances.

ugadawgsfan17
11-30-2008, 12:59 PM
UCONN has the talent, but might lack the experience (minus AJ).

REALLY looking forward to Thabeet vs. Hansbrough

SidTheKid
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM

UCONN plays UNC this year? When?

ugadawgsfan17
11-30-2008, 03:34 PM
UCONN plays UNC this year? When?

I meant in the NCAA Tournament

SidTheKid
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I meant in the NCAA Tournament

Oh, ok.

sdweston757
12-03-2008, 03:02 AM

already looking forward to the ncaa finals???

if we are looking that far ahead im looking forward to aj vs nolan smith ;)

JAZZNC
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Just like a Carolina fan to make a championship thread after they beat up on a bunch of sorry teams. Yes, they are very good....very, very good but they're not going to go undefeated. They play in the best conference in college basketball, Duke is better, Wake is much, much better, Miami is better. All of those teams have size and atheletes. They're gonna drop a few and when it's one and done in the tourney it doesn't matter how good you are there are no "sure things"

op12
12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
a that will be a good game and MSU will win. Raymar Morgan will have a great game.

by the way, Psycho T is the dumbest nickname ive ever heard

nice perdiction on that one. looks like they are about to win by about 30. i am not saying it will be an easy run, because they will probably split with duke, but for anyone to say this team is not better with the 3 freshman and frasor healthy is ignorant. i know zeller is hurt now but still. all the core players have another year under their belt and a lot of motivation after losing to kansas. they may lose a game or two, but to say they will go undefeated is not completely crazy. give them their props as a step ahead of everyone else and stop hating.

SFGiant32
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Nobody has played them close YET.
Nobody belongs on the same court with them RIGHT NOW.
The are KILLING everyone.
They beat Kentucky, Oregon, Notre Dame and MSU and they won all those games by 20 or more.
Not too mention the shclacking the gave UNC Ashville, winning by almost 70 points. I don't care who is playing who, that is nuts.

Bottom Line, they are very much in sync right now.

Oh and yes MSU got stomped. Lets be real, UNC is playing incredibly well right now, they are on a different level. Can they be stopped? Maybe, but we cannot simply assume that someone will stop them because you never know.

Heres to blowouts and ANOTHER National Championship!

GO TAR HEELS!

thegreatone08
12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
This team is scary good. They are loaded with NBA players. Tyler, Lawson, Green, and Ellington will be first rounders this year. Deon Thompson could prolly go in the second this year, maybe the first next year if he stays. Ginyard might have a chance to go. Ed Davis will be there within 2 years and Zeller prolly 3. Depending on the development of Drew he might even have an outside shot.

The thing about this team is that they all know they will be in the league next year and aren't worried about that. They have two things on their mind, cutting down the nets in March and sweeping Duke. Physco T could be 4-0 in Durham during his career. Whens the last time a Tar Heel had that record?

YankeePride13
12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Nobody has played them close YET.
Nobody belongs on the same court with them RIGHT NOW.
The are KILLING everyone.
They beat Kentucky, Oregon, Notre Dame and MSU and they won all those games by 20 or more.
Not too mention the shclacking the gave UNC Ashville, winning by almost 70 points. I don't care who is playing who, that is nuts.

Bottom Line, they are very much in sync right now.

Oh and yes MSU got stomped. Lets be real, UNC is playing incredibly well right now, they are on a different level. Can they be stopped? Maybe, but we cannot simply assume that someone will stop them because you never know.

Heres to blowouts and ANOTHER National Championship!

GO TAR HEELS!

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Seriously, this team is absolutely LOADED. They played like crap the first 10 minutes of this game and were up 11.

I haven't heard anyone really say this yet...but the difference is the improvement of the superstars. Danny Green's jumper is MUCH MUCH better than it was last year, Lawson is a much better decision maker and shooter than last year, and Deon Thompson is hitting that 10-12 foot jumper with ease.

They go 10 deep easily, but with Lawson, Ellington, Green, Thompson, and Tyler there isn't a team in the nation that can play them within 20 points right now.

Oh yeah, their best defender hasn't even played a game yet!!

It's real simple...they are simply on another level than the rest of the NCAA right now.

op12
12-04-2008, 01:53 PM
thompson playing much better this year will be a huge advantage. davis is also playing much better than stephenson last year. i think last year the poor play of those 2 big men hurt us a lot. i think having solid big play along with T will put us over the top.

Missing56&33
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
No i dont see anything stopping the Heels this season but injury. To bad about Zeller going done. he was going to be fun to watch this season

YankeePride13
12-29-2008, 04:11 PM
No ones played them close yet...

It's December 29th and we're still waiting for a team to give them a real challenge. Will it come in ACC play? Probably, but not often.

I think you have to give them a 50/50 shot to run the table right now.

thegreatone08
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
A Yankee Fan and a Tar Heel fan, ironic. lol As a fellow Carolina fan I will not give you a hard time for that.

UNC probably played its worse game of the year against Rutgers and still won by 20 and scored 98 points. They have a handful of players that could go for 25-30 points a night. Which is why they are just dominating. Some teams would like to have 2-3 guys that can do that, Carolina has about 6-7.

Now I know the competition will start stepping up during ACC play but this team does have an outside chance of running the table. Watch out for Wake in the ACC tho, they are queitly ranked #6 in the country. I believe they have a matchup with the Heels in a couple weeks.

By the way, did anyone see Rutgers schedule for the week? They play #1 UNC, #2 UCONN, and #3 Pitt all in a row, all in the same week. OUCH!

YankeePride13
01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
^^ Yeah that's nuts..First team in NCAA history to play that type of schedule 3 games in a row.

I really thought the Nevada game could be a trap game. But once again, Carolina managed to win by 20+. And honestly, they played like crap for most of that game.

The individual improvement from some of these players is incredible. Hansbrough and Green's jump shot, Deon's post game, Ellington's defense, Lawson's decision making; it's scary. On top of that, they play like a well-oiled machine. So unselfish, always making the extra pass.

Agreed, the ACC will give them more of a challenge, but no one's played them closer than 15 right now. Duke and Wake will be tough games, but other than that, I don't see anyone else playing them close. Miami isn't what we thought they would be, and Clemson always starts off hot and falls in conference play.

JakeDelbreezy
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Huge Heel's fan here. I never really dug around the Forums that much outside of the NBA/NFL/MLB stuff...didn't even know a college forum existed. Anywho, silly me. Plan on seeing me in the future convos..

thegreatone08
01-02-2009, 10:05 PM
UNC needs to lose soon. It will be for the best. Who cares if we go undefeated. All I'm worried about is that NC.

cubs fan
01-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Duke is totally going to destroy NC when they play them. I hope that Nolan is alright so that he can help take out the Tar Heels. GO DUKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thegreatone08
01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Thats what's sad about Dook fans. Their fan's goals during the season is to just beat the Heels. Tar Heel fans like to look at the bigger picture, a National Championship. Sad what Dook basketball has become.

YankeePride13
01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I didn't know they still had a hoops team in Durham...learn something new everyday ;)

Duke once again is not built for the NCAA's. They rely entirely too much on the 3 point shot and are weak in post scoring and rebounding, something needed to win in March.

...and I want UNC to go undefeated going into the tournament. This team is that good where even if they are distracted, they are good enough to win despite that. This team is something very very special, cherish every game fellow Heels fans.

KmB728
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
UNC just lost to Boston College!!!

SidTheKid
01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
UNC just lost to Boston College!!!

:laugh: Better cancel that undefeated season lmao!

BTownTeamsRKing
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Boston College! lol Rice is a beast

thegreatone08
01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok so we aren't going undefeated. I don't belive any Tar Heel fan really cares to be honest. We will still be cutting down the nets in April.

Wake's Fastball
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Boston College! lol Rice is a beast

Indeed. Stellar game from Jackson, Sanders, Rice and Southern. Eagles could get hurt versus teams with game inside though down the line.

Driven
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
See ya UNC

Hello Pittsburgh

mkool65
01-05-2009, 01:53 AM
After seeing the beating they put down on MSU I have no doubt that UNC is still the best team in all of college basketball. I definately did not see UNC losing this year before the tournament but that is the beauty of college sports. They will win out the rest of the regular season.

hughest4
01-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Indeed. Stellar game from Jackson, Sanders, Rice and Southern. Eagles could get hurt versus teams with game inside though down the line.

And i'm sure they will, but i'm not worried about that now. I would have been happy if we lost to UNC and played our best...but to beat the #1 team in the country is just amazing. I wasn't too high on our chances this year and i'm still not so sure we are going to have a great year...but i feel somewhat better about it tonight.

I really like what i have seen from Raji and Trapani so far this year

cambovenzi
01-05-2009, 02:12 AM
After seeing the beating they put down on MSU I have no doubt that UNC is still the best team in all of college basketball. I definately did not see UNC losing this year before the tournament but that is the beauty of college sports. They will win out the rest of the regular season.

i did. going undefeated is really really rare.
especially in a good conference like the ACC.

what makes you think they can run the table the rest of teh way?
they have two games against duke that i can think of offhand, and im sure plenty more tough games.(at #6 wake forest, and vs #16 clemson)
they just got beat on their home court by an unranked BC team.

LivingThroughMe
01-05-2009, 05:42 AM
i did. going undefeated is really really rare.
especially in a good conference like the ACC.

what makes you think they can run the table the rest of teh way?
they have two games against duke that i can think of offhand, and im sure plenty more tough games.(at #6 wake forest, and vs #16 clemson)
they just got beat on their home court by an unranked BC team.

+1 they'll have at the very least 2 more losses, I think.

BC is no slouch, but with the way everyone talks about UNC, UNC should have won. Hell, Purdue beat BC pretty convincingly, and we know they're not UNC caliber.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Any reasonable Tar Heel fan will be content with this loss. All we want, is to be cutting down the nets come April.

SidTheKid
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Any reasonable Tar Heel fan will be content with this loss. All we want, is to be cutting down the nets come April.

Easy to say after they just loss...

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Easy to say after they just loss...

Which will be Duke's excuse after the 2nd round in the tournament, while UNC will be cutting down the nets

SidTheKid
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Which will be Duke's excuse after the 2nd round in the tournament, while UNC will be cutting down the nets

Makes no sense at all. Typical Tar Heel fan living in the past and hiding their shame.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
How bout we pick one thread or the other.

But I wouldn't expect a Duke fan to understand that. Pretty much saying UNC will the the NC, Duke will lose in the 2nd round.

SidTheKid
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
How bout we pick one thread or the other.

But I wouldn't expect a Duke fan to understand that. Pretty much saying UNC will the the NC, Duke will lose in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't expect a Carolina fan to understand the basic rules of grammar have fun looking up at Duke right now in the rankings.

thegreatone08
01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't expect a Carolina fan to understand the basic rules of grammar have fun looking up at Duke right now in the rankings.

this AINT grammer class bud. you could be ranked higher than the Heels all year for all I care. if you don't get the point, UNC will be NC champs this year. thats why the play the season right?

LivingThroughMe
01-06-2009, 01:42 AM
this AINT grammer class bud. you could be ranked higher than the Heels all year for all I care. if you don't get the point, UNC will be NC champs this year. thats why the play the season right?

Off topic:

I love this excuse. Why do you think they teach you this stuff, 'bud'? So you don't sound like a blabbering moron when you communicate with people.

On topic:

This should wait to be settled when Duke and UNC meet later this season :).

WI Sports Fan
01-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Maybe I was wrong, UNC might not play a close game this year. They're sure to get blown out a few more times.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 04:50 AM
UNC got blown out? Did I miss a game?

And maybe UNC might lose to Duke this year, if you don't understand what I'm trying to say..all that matters is UNC CUTTING DOWN THE NETS COME APRIL, BUD!

LivingThroughMe
01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
UNC got blown out? Did I miss a game?

And maybe UNC might lose to Duke this year, if you don't understand what I'm trying to say..all that matters is UNC CUTTING DOWN THE NETS COME APRIL, BUD!

Ok, but see, then this thread means nothing. You lose to BC, then "maybe" Duke, you are no longer handed the National Championship mid-season. I really do not see UNC winning the NC anymore; Duke, at least, lost to a better team (and took them 1 out of 2).

P.S. I hate Duke, don't get the wrong impression!

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
UNC loses one game and all of a sudden they aren't the favorites to win the NC?

SidTheKid
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
UNC loses one game and all of a sudden they aren't the favorites to win the NC?

Obviously they're still the favorites but it brought them down from that high level and showed they can fall at anytime.

thegreatone08
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Obviously they're still the favorites but it brought them down from that high level and showed they can fall at anytime.

How did it bring them down from that high level? I know losing to BC at home is not a good loss. But it's what that team needed. They have to know they still need to bring their A game every single game.

Lets not forget this is the first team that has played them within double digits. UNC has two dominating wins over ranked teams, both away from the Dean Dome. They may lose a couple more games, and that's fine. Aslong as they have the number one seed come March, and end up cutting down the nets, I'm sure every Tar Heel fan will be just happy with that.

JAZZNC
01-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I swear, it's Carolina fans like this guy that make every other team hate them so very much. You can blabber all you want about cutting down the nets and such, but when you loose to an unranked opponent at home that shows that it's certainly not a given. When it's one and done there are no "automatic" champions. Is BC a better team? No. Can Carolina lose to most any top 50 program in the nation on any night? Absolutely. It's as simple as that but I wouldn't expect a Carolina fan to understand that kind of logic.

thegreatone08
01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I swear, it's Carolina fans like this guy that make every other team hate them so very much. You can blabber all you want about cutting down the nets and such, but when you loose to an unranked opponent at home that shows that it's certainly not a given. When it's one and done there are no "automatic" champions. Is BC a better team? No. Can Carolina lose to most any top 50 program in the nation on any night? Absolutely. It's as simple as that but I wouldn't expect a Carolina fan to understand that kind of logic.

Is it me, or the progams history? The final fours, national championships, acc championships, countless retired jerseys, and mostly a large number of NBA superstars and NBA championships, something that can't really be found 8 miles down the road.

Driven
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
It's just you.

One hundred and seventeen Division I colleges are currently represented in the NBA by their former players.

Thirty-seven of these schools have three or more players in the NBA.

In order to be eligible to represent their alma mater in the NBA, each player had to score over 100 points in 2007-08 and be on the current active roster for their 2008-09 NBA team. All rookies from the 2008 NBA draft had to make their NBA team's roster in order to be considered.

It is a common misconception that Duke is not well represented in the NBA. However, Duke is represented by 10 players—second to UCLA's 12—who have met all requirements for this list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/76607-which-colleges-produce-the-most-nba-players

winner winner chicken dinner

SFloridaSports
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
they should still be #1, just because they lost doesnt mean they arent still the #1 team. its pretty obvious they are the best team still

Driven
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Based on what? Talent?

So what you're saying is that UNC could lose 10 games this year, but still should be #1?

SidTheKid
01-08-2009, 06:44 PM
they should still be #1, just because they lost doesnt mean they arent still the #1 team. its pretty obvious they are the best team still

What's the point of having rankings then? Basically you're saying they can play sub-par the entire year and should still be ranked first because they have the best talent. Fail.

thegreatone08
01-08-2009, 07:52 PM
It's just you.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/76607-which-colleges-produce-the-most-nba-players

winner winner chicken dinner

Let's look at the talent of Duke players in the league compared to the talent of UNC players. Let's also count MVPs, All Star Apperances, and hey why not, NBA titles.

thegreatone08
01-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Based on what? Talent?

So what you're saying is that UNC could lose 10 games this year, but still should be #1?

Who said they could lose 10 games and still be #1. You are putting words in peoples mouths. Every team will have an off night. The game against BC just happened to be UNCs. But they still have a pretty good arguement to be #1.

Driven
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Who said they could lose 10 games and still be #1. You are putting words in peoples mouths. Every team will have an off night. The game against BC just happened to be UNCs. But they still have a pretty good arguement to be #1.
I never said that anyone said they could lose 10 games and still be #1. Read again.

Driven
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Let's look at the talent of Duke players in the league compared to the talent of UNC players. Let's also count MVPs, All Star Apperances, and hey why not, NBA titles.
I love that you think North Carolina's product in the NBA really means something when it comes to college basketball.

urlacher82689
01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
UNC is still the best team in the nation. But they do have a tough game tomorrow against Wake Forest.

SidTheKid
01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
UNC is still the best team in the nation. But they do have a tough game tomorrow against Wake Forest.

Yeah should be a great game.

SFloridaSports
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
What's the point of having rankings then? Basically you're saying they can play sub-par the entire year and should still be ranked first because they have the best talent. Fail.

no, but 1 off night shouldnt kill a team in the rankings. granted now they deserve to move down but they still shouldve been number one after the bc game

JAZZNC
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
no, but 1 off night shouldnt kill a team in the rankings. granted now they deserve to move down but they still shouldve been number one after the bc game

No they shouldn't have. It's as simple as that. When you lose, you move down....don't know what's so hard to understand about that. Why should Pitt still have been ranked behind them when they HAVEN'T had an off night all year. And it still looks like they are certainly better than Carolina. I just don't know how you justify those remarks:eyebrow:

SFloridaSports
01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
No they shouldn't have. It's as simple as that. When you lose, you move down....don't know what's so hard to understand about that. Why should Pitt still have been ranked behind them when they HAVEN'T had an off night all year. And it still looks like they are certainly better than Carolina. I just don't know how you justify those remarks:eyebrow:

why should they move down even if they were clearly the best team at that time? would you honestly take pitt over nc if the tournament started today?

SidTheKid
01-12-2009, 06:40 PM
why should they move down even if they were clearly the best team at that time? would you honestly take pitt over nc if the tournament started today?

Yes we all know Carolina is the most talented team but why should a team not be penalized in the rankings after a loss?

SFloridaSports
01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes we all know Carolina is the most talented team but why should a team not be penalized in the rankings after a loss?

no team has gone undefeated in years. why should one loss dictate the rankings for a team that is ibviously the best team in the country thru that game

SidTheKid
01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
no team has gone undefeated in years. why should one loss dictate the rankings for a team that is ibviously the best team in the country thru that game

You're obviously not getting it so I'll just end it there.

SFloridaSports
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
i do get it. but its obvious they are the best team in the country, so they have 1 off night and they are no longer the #1 team?

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
i do get it. but its obvious they are the best team in the country, so they have 1 off night and they are no longer the #1 team?

They are not the best team in the country. I've been on here talkin these Heels up more than anyone, but they are not backing me up. This team has A LOT of problems. They are not having fun right now, you can see it on every single players face. Nothing is running smooth for them. Everything looks forced on offense. Not to mention then can't guard the perimeter.

Hansbrough still isn't back to 100% after that early season injury. Not having Ginyard is killing us because he is our glue guy. He is the second comming of Jackie Manual. He may not fill up the stat sheet but he does the little things that no one else does. We need a lot of help to win the ACC regular season title.

JAZZNC
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
They are not the best team in the country. I've been on here talkin these Heels up more than anyone, but they are not backing me up. This team has A LOT of problems. They are not having fun right now, you can see it on every single players face. Nothing is running smooth for them. Everything looks forced on offense. Not to mention then can't guard the perimeter.

Hansbrough still isn't back to 100% after that early season injury. Not having Ginyard is killing us because he is our glue guy. He is the second comming of Jackie Manual. He may not fill up the stat sheet but he does the little things that no one else does. We need a lot of help to win the ACC regular season title.

Now that's what I like to see, being realistic. I would say that they still are the favorites to win it all. Even after last night I don't believe that my Deacs are a better team than Carolina, they were better last night though. Every team has problems and weaknesses. It doesn't mean that the Tarheels are a terrible team, they just aren't perfect and they will have more losses this season and they still have a very good shot at winning the ACC title. We all know that Clemson is going to fall off, Duke's gonna lose some and so is Wake. It's going to be a great year in the ACC and as usual there is absolutely no telling what team will win on any given night.

thegreatone08
01-12-2009, 09:36 PM
If Carolina keeps playin this way...they will only be a few games above .500 in ACC play. Now I know they are very capable of winning the conference still, but this team is far from that point right now.

SidTheKid
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM

First insightful post you've made. It's obvious Carolina has the most talent than any other team but sometimes that doesn't always translate to success. Right now they need to start doing the little things that make bigger differences and everything else should fall into place.

JakeDelbreezy
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
It's January...most teams are just now starting to get into conference play. Sure a lot of teams play other good teams outside of the conference but they usually don't have good scouting reports on a non-conference team. Once UNC got into conference play against BC and Wake they ran into teams who they've seen several times over the past few years. And considering the Heels have lot's of upper classmen the other teams knew exactly what they were up against. For all of UNC's talent, they play very poor defense and their free throw shooting has been horrid of late (these are the small things that win close games). The Heels need Ginyard back at full strength b/c he's an exceptional perimeter defender and he would have helped in a major against Wake. I've been a Heel's fan all of my life and I still believe player for player they are the best team in the country....but they lost the last two games fair and square and deserved to be dropped in the rankings.

thegreatone08
01-15-2009, 08:40 AM
We need to blow out Virginia tonite and get back on track. I want to see this team play like they were earlier in the season. HAVE FUN but be effective. This team goes as Lawson goes. He is turin the ball over a lot more this season then last it seems like. We try to play like a NBA team to much, out score you and no defense. That will work on some nights but this team needs to get back to bein consistent. This is a game for Thompson to get back on track. We need someone down low to go with Hansbrough. Either Green, Lawson, Ellington or Hansbrough needs to blow up tonite and just have a monster game. Tonite is the night to get back on track. Lets go HEELS!!!

cambovenzi
01-15-2009, 08:46 AM
First insightful post you've made. It's obvious Carolina has the most talent than any other team but sometimes that doesn't always translate to success. Right now they need to start doing the little things that make bigger differences and everything else should fall into place.

yep.
defense and coaching. defense and coaching:).

that being said, i fully expect UNC to go on a run. just hopefully not an ACC championship or title run.

thegreatone08
01-16-2009, 09:02 AM
UNC finally got an ACC win and got out of the cellar of the conference. It was good to see them able to run the fast break, something they couldn't do in their 2 losses. Hansbrough and Lawson both played great games. What worries me is our bench. We only had 6 bench points last night and they were from Ed Davis. Someone needs to step up. Lookin more and more likely that Ginyard will be red-shirted this year which will hurt. But will provide great veteran leadership next year. Overall, I was happy to see them play in rythem and run the break. Still played a little to sloppy but a win is a win.

Point Blank
01-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Go Heels!

thegreatone08
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Another huge game for the Heels tonite. Clemson is 0-53 in the Dean Dome and hopefully 0-54 after tonite. Ellington needs another good performance like his 2nd half against Miami. If Ellington finally finds his stroke then this team is going to be a serious problem in college basketball. Also hopin to see a big game out of the most underrated player in the country, Danny Green.

SidTheKid
01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Another huge game for the Heels tonite. Clemson is 0-53 in the Dean Dome and hopefully 0-54 after tonite. Ellington needs another good performance like his 2nd half against Miami. If Ellington finally finds his stroke then this team is going to be a serious problem in college basketball. Also hopin to see a big game out of the most underrated player in the country, Danny Green.

Are they really? That's embaressing.

bahama0811
01-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Make it 0-54 for Clemson in the Dean Dome.

thegreatone08
01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
UNC is now 54-0 all time against Clemson in Chapel Hill. I stated earlier it was at the Dean Dome but since the Dean Dome has only been around for a couple decades, Clemson has never won at Chapel Hill.

It's starting to look like this team has regained the form it was playing with early in the season. Every starter for the Heels played a great game. Ellington had his second straight 20 point game and added seven assists. Lawson added 16 points and seven assists. Hansbrough had another typical game of 20 points and 10 boards. The Heels are now something like 33-8 when Hansbrough has a double-double.

Danny Green is by far the most athletic player on the Heels and the most underrated defender in the ACC, maybe even the country. He only had 7 points, but did most of the work on defense with 3 blocks, 3 steals, and 5 rebounds.

The Tar Heels are finally once again looking like the best team in the country. Maybe those two loses were a nice wake-up call for this team.

YankeePride13
01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I liked hearing that Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington took the losses personally and spent hours upon hours in the gym following those games. This team lacks a little bit of leadership with the absence of Marcus, good to see them stepping up.

Danny Green was a beast last night, and the Heels beat a Clemson team that I think is different than the past couple of years where they faltered during conference play. I see Clemson winning their fair share of ACC games this year.

I was harping that they should and will go undefeated. I was wrong.

Those two losses were good for this team.

thegreatone08
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
anyone know if/where I can get a online radio broadcast of Woody's play by play?

thegreatone08
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
ty lawson is my f'in hero. unc should have had 4.8 seconds on the clock, instead had only 3.8 and lawson was still able to go full court and drain the 3. this is a jekyle and hyde team.

Rtardz
01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I still could not believe that play. Just shows you how fast he is. They made way too many mistakes though. Alot of carelessness and thats no good when it comes march time. Sometimes it just seems like they go out there and expect to win no matter how they play and they cannot think like that. Better get it together. By the way Green should get the MVP award for the last freakin month and a half or whatever. He is busting his butt.

mdlr52192
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
They haven't been playin typical UNC hoops. They look a little off beat to me. They need to pick it up fast. They've got less than two weeks before they have to travel to cameron indoor, and Duke is gonna be FUMIN after that last second loss. It sucks that they don't get to play Wake again in Chapel Hill, wouldve been another great game.

thegreatone08
01-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Another dominating win for Carolina. NC State keep the game close for a little in the 2nd half but the Heels were just to much. Hansbrough had a monster game after having his double digit scoring streak snapped. UNC improves to 19-2 now I believe. Having only one win in single digits.

Rtardz
02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Another dominating win for Carolina. NC State keep the game close for a little in the 2nd half but the Heels were just to much. Hansbrough had a monster game after having his double digit scoring streak snapped. UNC improves to 19-2 now I believe. Having only one win in single digits.

they looked good that`s for sure. Now I want to see them do that consistently. They have to talent to run anyone. The problem is their heads get to big and they forget that anyone in the ACC can run us if we let em.

thegreatone08
02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
11-15 from 3 point land in the first half. amazing..only way to describe it. now if only they would get back and play some d we would win this game by 60. Maryland is terrible they have no one.

JAZZNC
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Maryland is pretty awful. They haven't been relevant in quite a while. They were good to great for quite a while and now they're kind of a joke with all the AD/Coach stuff ect.

Rtardz
02-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Good win today, tough one but netherless a win and more room as the conference leaders. 3peat ACC champs??

noturnormalhero
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Was at the game, had NC fans right around me apologizing for the bad calls LOL. Hansborough with 8 points and 5 flops. Was an exciting game to be at but wow @ the calls. There was about 3 that were called in favor for UM that were bad but there was easily 8 calls in favor of UNC that were RIDICULOUS. Not being biased, just bad officiating. Like i said, even NC fans from NC were saying they were bad calls. Not having Dwayne Collins tonight really hurt us because he is our only inside offensive weapon. Can't expect much from Jimmy. Haith over coached again and had some questionable substitutions in some moments. This just shows as unstable as Miami has been, they could hang with anyone. Needed this win tonight but now Miami has to win out rest of regular season and win a game or 2 in the ACC tournament to be part of March Madness. I do have to give NC props for having so many traveling fans lol. A whole lot of NC blue in the stands tonight.

metsbulls1025
02-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Was at the game, had NC fans right around me apologizing for the bad calls LOL. Hansborough with 8 points and 5 flops. Was an exciting game to be at but wow @ the calls. There was about 3 that were called in favor for UM that were bad but there was easily 8 calls in favor of UNC that were RIDICULOUS. Not being biased, just bad officiating. Like i said, even NC fans from NC were saying they were bad calls. Not having Dwayne Collins tonight really hurt us because he is our only inside offensive weapon. Can't expect much from Jimmy. Haith over coached again and had some questionable substitutions in some moments. This just shows as unstable as Miami has been, they could hang with anyone. Needed this win tonight but now Miami has to win out rest of regular season and win a game or 2 in the ACC tournament to be part of March Madness. I do have to give NC props for having so many traveling fans lol. A whole lot of NC blue in the stands tonight.

Story of his career.

MilfHunter07
02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
haith is a joke. just a bad in game coach.

bahama0811
02-16-2009, 02:03 AM
What a great day. UNC win, Duke loss.

Rtardz
02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Story of his career.

oh whatever dude, Duke flops and has always flopped more than any other team. Hansborough does what any other college player does try to get the charge. People hate him because he busts his rear end night in a night out, works harder, breaks records, gets beat up in the post the most(broken nose,busted tooth), and most of all doesn`t complain about it. I can understand why Duke fans would hate him because he is a Carolina player but he gets no respect as an athlete. I cant stand Duke but Gerald Henderson is amazing and they have great shooters. People like you just want to hate I guess. I cant wait to see when he breaks Reddicks all time scoring record and doing it with mostly two pointers.

thegreatone08
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
oh whatever dude, Duke flops and has always flopped more than any other team. Hansborough does what any other college player does try to get the charge. People hate him because he busts his rear end night in a night out, works harder, breaks records, gets beat up in the post the most(broken nose,busted tooth), and most of all doesn`t complain about it. I can understand why Duke fans would hate him because he is a Carolina player but he gets no respect as an athlete. I cant stand Duke but Gerald Henderson is amazing and they have great shooters. People like you just want to hate I guess. I cant wait to see when he breaks Reddicks all time scoring record and doing it with mostly two pointers.

amen brotha!

metsbulls1025
02-16-2009, 11:26 AM

Im not a Duke fan so I don't know what you are assuming. I live in NC so I am forced to watch this. I honestly don't care what he does, he's the biggest cry baby in college basketball. Not arguing his ability, but arguing that he is a cry baby. There has to be some truth behind it if everyone but NC fans realize this.

sdweston757
02-16-2009, 03:37 PM

he wont break jj's record. put my money on it

BRAVE KID
02-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Im not a Duke fan so I don't know what you are assuming. I live in NC so I am forced to watch this. I honestly don't care what he does, he's the biggest cry baby in college basketball. Not arguing his ability, but arguing that he is a cry baby. There has to be some truth behind it if everyone but NC fans realize this.I really don't think he is that much of a crybaby, I mean at least he is smart enough to realize that if he is going to play hard, he is going to get his *** knocked down, and so he does but gets right back up and goes to business. He was getting pounding against Miami and I didn't see him once complain.
However his big *** bug eyes drive me nuts.

thegreatone08
02-16-2009, 06:08 PM
he wont break jj's record. put my money on it

how much? he has 5 regular season games left plus the ACC and NCAA tournament. i'll bet the bank!

BenWin
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
how many points short is he right now? either way. hansbrough is a damn beast. i just hope he doesnt flop in the NBA like redick did. it really showed that JJ is just a college player. same with mateen cleaves. altho with the right system i guess could be good. but i expect more from Psycho T! plus hes my facebook friend :up:

SidTheKid
02-16-2009, 06:54 PM
how much? he has 5 regular season games left plus the ACC and NCAA tournament. i'll bet the bank!

I don't think the NCAA tournament counts toward it.

thegreatone08
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think the NCAA tournament counts toward it.

Pretty sure it does. and what makes the record more impressive for tyler is that he has hit maybe 10 3-pointers in his career compared to who knows how many for Reddick. goes to show just how good Hansbrough is.

BRAVE KID
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure it does. and what makes the record more impressive for tyler is that he has hit maybe 10 3-pointers in his career compared to who knows how many for Reddick. goes to show just how good Hansbrough is.Obviously tyler had his strengths which were pounding inside, travel a couple of times, and fling his arms up and get the call while he goes to the line, while Reddick runs around in circles like a game of duck duck goose wait for a screen for him and shoot, b/c he couldn't create his own shot to save his life. Fact was teams knew what they were going to do, they couldn't stop either of them. That's what makes them BOTH impressive.

thegreatone08
02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Obviously tyler had his strengths which were pounding inside, travel a couple of times, and fling his arms up and get the call while he goes to the line, while Reddick runs around in circles like a game of duck duck goose wait for a screen for him and shoot, b/c he couldn't create his own shot to save his life. Fact was teams knew what they were going to do, they couldn't stop either of them. That's what makes them BOTH impressive.

You must not watch any Carolina games. Hansbrough gets fouled on almost every play down low but doesn't get the call more often than gettin the call. He does get some touch calls tho to make up for it. But it's pretty impressive to set this record without using the 3 point line. Kinda like Wilt scoring 100 points before the 3 point era.

cambovenzi
02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
so TH lacks an outside shot, so that is a positive?:eyebrow:

chrislu31
02-17-2009, 05:24 PM
zeller back wednesday, cbssports.com
huge gain for the heels

thegreatone08
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
so TH lacks an outside shot, so that is a positive?:eyebrow:

Tyler doesn't lack an outside shot. Guess you missed his 3 during his freshman year at Duke and his 3 during his senior year at Duke. Hansbrough has drained 30 strait 3's at pratice, now I know thats when no one is guarding him but that's not bad for someone without an outside shot, huh?

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah I`ve been to a bunch of games and watched him in warmups, he can shoot. Like you said of course noone was guarding him, but he was nailing 3 after 3. I was like, let him shoot em in the game! And of course he has shot some in the game and makes it 90% of the time, just doesn`t do it often.

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
yeah I`ve been to a bunch of games and watched him in warmups, he can shoot. Like you said of course noone was guarding him, but he was nailing 3 after 3. I was like, let him shoot em in the game! And of course he has shot some in the game and makes it 90% of the time, just doesn`t do it often.

no he doesn't, and that's because UNC doesn't need him to. they didn't bring him in to shoot the 3. but thats why he will be a decent player in the NBA, nobody realizes this kid can shoot the 3 and has a mid range shot.

YankeePride13
02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
For the 100th time, who cares??? He's a great college player, that's all that matters right now.

Very much on pace to obtain the first of their 3 goals, win the ACC regular season title.

ACC Title and National Championship still to go...

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
look, if you don't care, then don't come in and read the thread. simple as that. this is a north carolina player that we are talking about in the north carolina thread.

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Zeller is officialy back!! Just checked in with about 10 left in the 1st half.

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I saw that he`s back. I`m excited to see him play. I thought for sure he would redshirt. It gives us much needed depth.

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 10:16 PM
It's good timing. He has 5 regular season games left plus the ACC tournament to get back in game shape for the title run.

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Ed Davis is a stud. He wont be around for 4 years.

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
You will see a huge improvement in him next year. He could easily average 15, 10, 5. He's 3rd in the ACC in blocked shots and he only plays 19 minutes a game. Plus his scoring will go up a lot once Hansbrough is gone. He is the first true shot blocker Carolina has had in a long long time.

bahama0811
02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
I didn't think Zeller would be back until next year. He'll be a huge help.

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
State is relying on those 3`s like Duke. Man their a 3 point shooting team. Bad thing is their making alot of them tonight.

Jimi032890
02-18-2009, 10:44 PM
there is no way north carolina will win it all. this thread is a joke

thegreatone08
02-18-2009, 10:50 PM

laughin at you haters like ha ha ha.

taaaaaarrrrrrrrr heeeeeelllllssssssss!!!!

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 10:52 PM

here`s an idea. Don`t like it? Don`t bother coming in here. Simple as that. I`m all for debate and I enjoy talking with opposing fans, but that`s just baiting.

Rtardz
02-18-2009, 10:55 PM
State played a good game tonight. That Gonzales kid is pretty good. Glad to get that one out of the way, now on to the next one.

Jimi032890
02-18-2009, 11:06 PM
laughin at you haters like ha ha ha.

Taaaaaarrrrrrrrr heeeeeelllllssssssss!!!!

go hansbrough!

thegreatone08
02-21-2009, 09:14 AM
A win today against Maryland could all but sure up the ACC regular season title for Carolina. Hopefully they come out fired up and taking Maryland out from the beginning. It will be fun wearin my Heels jersey in the bar full of Terps fans.

Hansbrough needs to go off today for 30 points. Help him inch closer to the ACC scoring record. He is on pace to break the record in the ACC championship game. To bad it won't be against Duke on his senior night.

bahama0811
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I wish the Heels would come to Boulder to play the Buffs just one time. That would be the best thing ever. Been a Heels fan since birth and never gotten to see them play. Maybe someday.

thegreatone08
02-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I wish the Heels would come to Boulder to play the Buffs just one time. That would be the best thing ever. Been a Heels fan since birth and never gotten to see them play. Maybe someday.

same here man. i live in delaware but i take trips down to carolina usually once or twice a year. i'm tellin you..make a trip to chapel hill. it may be a little costly but i promise you it will be worth it. i went down there a few years ago when they had alumni weekend.

pretty sure i wasnt suppose to be there, but i got to sit and watch practice with all the alumni, met Dean Smith, Phil Ford, Roy Williams, Steve Robinson, got to go down on the court and shoot baskets. best time of my life!!! then when i left the dean dome i saw raymond felton and melvin scott pickin up a couple chicks lol. then passed roy williams in his beamer leavin the dean dome.

bahama0811
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I'd love to go to Chapel Hill, I've got lots of family there. It's just a matter of talking the wife into it.

Rtardz
02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I live an hour and a half away from chapel hill. My brother in law`s sister went to school there so they get season tickets. so I go to at least one game a year.

NYMetros
02-21-2009, 06:35 PM
UNC in trouble tonight, in OT with Maryland.

metsbulls1025
02-21-2009, 06:52 PM
What an upset.

papipapsmanny
02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
that was so awesome go MD

homestarunner93
02-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Fight fight fight for Maryland! Thanks Terps!

Anyone notice Hansbrough **** his pants after they lost? I'll try to find a picture.

thegreatone08
02-21-2009, 11:53 PM
i guess you can call it a bad loss just because they could have wrapped up the acc. all i got to say is good luck maryland in the NIT.

BRAVE KID
02-22-2009, 12:19 AM
here`s an idea. Don`t like it? Don`t bother coming in here. Simple as that. I`m all for debate and I enjoy talking with opposing fans, but that`s just baiting.
I must say you aren't half bad as a NC fan, that is a great idea how about telling your buddy that, cause he is doing the same exact thing.

Rtardz
02-22-2009, 03:40 AM
whatever. Maryland deserved that game we did not. It doesnt bother me too bad because its regular season and just one game. Winning every game or losing some does not mean we will win the tourney. We still have to play the thing and this loss does not affect us in that scenario. Carolina better wake the hell up and pull their heads out of their *****. Good job Maryland, enjoy it because its gonna be the last notable win for you guys this season.

SidTheKid
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
whatever. Maryland deserved that game we did not. It doesnt bother me too bad because its regular season and just one game. Winning every game or losing some does not mean we will win the tourney. We still have to play the thing and this loss does not affect us in that scenario. Carolina better wake the hell up and pull their heads out of their *****. Good job Maryland, enjoy it because its gonna be the last notable win for you guys this season.

Honestly things like this happen all the time in the ACC. Carolina is still in good shape but I think this is another relief to everyone that even a team like that has their off nights and are vulnerable.

Rtardz
02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Honestly things like this happen all the time in the ACC. Carolina is still in good shape but I think this is another relief to everyone that even a team like that has their off nights and are vulnerable.

you are absolutely right. ACC to me is still the toughest conference in all of college basketball.

SidTheKid
02-22-2009, 04:04 PM
you are absolutely right. ACC to me is still the toughest conference in all of college basketball.

I agree. Not necessarily the most talented (Big East) but the one that will always play tough and pull off the most upsets.

thegreatone08
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Three more wins to lock up the ACC and a number one seed. I think the Maryland game was more of a good win for Maryland rather than a bad loss for the Heels. They have to lose the we will out score you attitude and play defense when needed. This team is still the best team in the country but has shown they can lose any given night.

With that being said, what in the hell is wrong with Hansbrough. Something with him is not right and it's sad to see right now. I don't know if his shins or ankle is still botherin him but he has taken a step back this year. I honestly think it is because of the beatings he has been taking. Everyone says he gets all the calls, but if you watch the games he gets fouled 2 or 3 times on a single play and doesn't get a call.

YankeePride13
02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
^^ It's because they are calling him differently.

Roy Williams has stated on several occasions that he's not getting the calls he got last year. Even an ACC coach (who remained anonymous) said that he's not getting calls...

That leads to:

Not as many free throws
Teams aren't in foul trouble, thus putting weaker players on him
Teams being more physical, thus harder to score

That being said...

Still averaging 21 and 7...

YankeePride13
03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
A win tonight locks up the ACC title boys....

Step 1 of the 3 goals.

ACC Regular Season
ACC Title
National Title

kvrnm
03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Three more wins to lock up the ACC and a number one seed. I think the Maryland game was more of a good win for Maryland rather than a bad loss for the Heels. They have to lose the we will out score you attitude and play defense when needed. This team is still the best team in the country but has shown they can lose any given night.

With that being said, what in the hell is wrong with Hansbrough. Something with him is not right and it's sad to see right now. I don't know if his shins or ankle is still botherin him but he has taken a step back this year. I honestly think it is because of the beatings he has been taking. Everyone says he gets all the calls, but if you watch the games he gets fouled 2 or 3 times on a single play and doesn't get a call.

haha, yaa he really gets fouled 2-3 times on a play:rolleyes:... he flails around so damn much, the refs are starting to have a hard time telling whether he is seriously getting fouled are not.. its the same **** every possession

Rtardz
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
good win tonight. didn`t play as well as I would have liked, but I`ll take it.

Rtardz
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
haha, yaa he really gets fouled 2-3 times on a play:rolleyes:... he flails around so damn much, the refs are starting to have a hard time telling whether he is seriously getting fouled are not.. its the same **** every possession

I don`t mind serious discussions but don`t come in here baiting.

thegreatone08
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
This was a good win. The Heels were facing a hungry Va Tech team on senior night, that needed another big win to get into the tournament.

They didn't play great but still came out with a W. Also locked up aleast Co-ACC Champions. Bring on the DOOKIES baby!!!

By the way, the ACC better watch out for Ed Davis next year. This kid is going to be a BEAST!! Thabeet who??

YankeePride13
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
It's really good to know that they can play that badly and still beat Va Tech on the road.

Sunday should be epic as always, I'd love the ACC title for ourselves!

And yes, Ed Davis is going to be a serious monster next year. It's rare to find a big man who's equally efficient on both sides of the court.

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
found this for my fellow Carolina fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCglZ4KFPWg

thegreatone08
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
found this for my fellow Carolina fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCglZ4KFPWg

hahaha I saw this posted on Inside Carolina. Hilarious!!!

Rtardz
03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
hey greatone got another one for ya freakin hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkwpAKUxv0

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
3peat ACC regular season and soon to be tournament champs! Good win, gotta love spankin Duke`s *** regularly.

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
see you guys in the 2nd round of the tournament.

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
yeah good luck to you

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
ya, you too. we'll see how good lawson is. :p

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
ya, you too. we'll see how good lawson is. :p

Check his stat line from today and you will see how good he is. Late in the 2nd half one of the announcers said, "the difference in this game is that UNC has Lawson and Duke doesn't." Enough said!

One of 3 goals was accomplished today. It's looking like UNC will finish the regular season as the #1 team in the country, right where they belong.

And yes, nothing better than sweeping the series with Duke. Duke and Wake can battle it out for the 2nd best team in the state because we know who is number one!!!

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
he didnt shoot the ball well but almost a triple double

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I must say this is a great, but sad day in Carolina basketball history. Carolina's senior class was a once in a lifetime group. Hardly ever do you see a freshman class stay together for all 4 years. We got to watch a once in a lifetime player in Tyler Hansbrough. Got to see Danny Green go from a bench player to one of the best players in the ACC. Got to see Mike Copeland live his dream and enjoy every second wearing the Tar Heel jersey. We watched Bobby Frasor go through his ups and downs but never give up.

Hopefully this group can leave their stamp on this program by bringing home another National Championship banner!

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
he didnt shoot the ball well but almost a triple double

all with a sprained toe

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
uhhh.... congrats?

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
uhhh.... congrats?

Congrats on making the NIT. Another huge accomplishment for Miami athletics.

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats on making the NIT. Another huge accomplishment for Miami athletics.

why do you feel the need to attck somebody anytime they dont say a north carolina player is amazing? and most believe we only need to beat va tech to make the NCAA TOURNAMENT

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 08:19 PM
why do you feel the need to attck somebody anytime they dont say a north carolina player is amazing? and most believe we only need to beat va tech to make the NCAA TOURNAMENT

why do you feel the need to use the same comeback everytime someone says something about Miam? i could careless whether you think lawson is good. but don't come into a North Carolina thread dissing him. go to your Miami thread and do that.

bahama0811
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
That pisses me off, I totally forgot they were playing today. Was it a good game?

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
why do you feel the need to use the same comeback everytime someone says something about Miam? i could careless whether you think lawson is good. but don't come into a North Carolina thread dissing him. go to your Miami thread and do that.

why do you feel the need to do the same thing everytime somebody says something bad about a nc player? im not dissing him. i even said he had a good game, he just didnt shoot well. then the guy said all with a broken toe, to which i said congrats. what do you want me to say? omg, thats amazing, nobody has ever played with an injury before

SidTheKid
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
That pisses me off, I totally forgot they were playing today. Was it a good game?

You're a Tar Heels fan and forgot they were playing Duke!? :speechless:

Rtardz
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
why do you feel the need to do the same thing everytime somebody says something bad about a nc player? im not dissing him. i even said he had a good game, he just didnt shoot well. then the guy said all with a broken toe, to which i said congrats. what do you want me to say? omg, thats amazing, nobody has ever played with an injury before

dude you do come in here and make little comments and when someone calls you out you try to change it like you meant something good out of it. Your an idiot stay in your thread. You can hate carolina all you want but dont come in our thread starting ****. You cant even make a valid point on anything.

bahama0811
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
You're a Tar Heels fan and forgot they were playing Duke!? :speechless:

I've been out of town working for 2 weeks and just got home. That was really the last thing on my mind.

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 08:28 PM

You obviously are not a Carolina fan then. Just another bangwagon jumper.

If you missed the game because of other priorties i would understand, but to say you FORGOT they were playing?? come on now...

bahama0811
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I've been a fan since birth. I was born in Denver but moved to Carolina when I was 9 months old. My whole family is from Carolina. Sorry that some of us have to work for a living to pay our bills.

SidTheKid
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
You obviously are not a Carolina fan then. Just another bangwagon jumper.

If you missed the game because of other priorties i would understand, but to say you FORGOT they were playing?? come on now...

Yeah I mean all fans circle those two games on the calendar when Duke and Carolina play. Everyone knows when the games are getting close.

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I've been a fan since birth. I was born in Denver but moved to Carolina when I was 9 months old. My whole family is from Carolina. Sorry that some of us have to work for a living to pay our bills.

Did you even read what I said? I believe I said something on the lines of..if you had other priorites I could understand. I do believe work falls under other priorites. And you said you FORGOT they were playing, which isn't possible if you are a fan of either team, or college basketball (since they advertise it in every game during the week leading up till today).

If they were playing Penn or College of Charleston, I could believe that you may have forgot they were playing. It's DUKE CAROLINA however my friend.

bahama0811
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Whatever, I haven't had a tv to watch in 2 weeks. So, yes I did forget. I haven't missed a Duke/Carolina game since I was 6 so say what you want. I do feel like a complete idiot however and I was just wondering how the game was. If you don't feel like saying anything about the game than forget it.

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Whatever, I haven't had a tv to watch in 2 weeks. So, yes I did forget. I haven't missed a Duke/Carolina game since I was 6 so say what you want. I do feel like a complete idiot however and I was just wondering how the game was. If you don't feel like saying anything about the game than forget it.

It was pretty much back and forth in the first half. Duke was up 1 at half. The second half went more towards Carolina. The Heels would get the lead up to about 9 a couple times but allowed Duke to knock it right back down to a one possesion game within minutes. Duke kept it close within the last 5 minutes stayin within 2 or 3 points but just couldn't get over that hump. If Duke played like they did in the first half it might have been a different game. 61 of Duke's 71 points came from Scheyer, Singler and Henderson.

I don't know if that helps you out, if not watch sportscenter.

bahama0811
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM
It was pretty much back and forth in the first half. Duke was up 1 at half. The second half went more towards Carolina. The Heels would get the lead up to about 9 a couple times but allowed Duke to knock it right back down to a one possesion game within minutes. Duke kept it close within the last 5 minutes stayin within 2 or 3 points but just couldn't get over that hump. If Duke played like they did in the first half it might have been a different game. 61 of Duke's 71 points came from Scheyer, Singler and Henderson.

I don't know if that helps you out, if not watch sportscenter.

Thanks thats all I was wanting.

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
dude you do come in here and make little comments and when someone calls you out you try to change it like you meant something good out of it. Your an idiot stay in your thread. You can hate carolina all you want but dont come in our thread starting ****. You cant even make a valid point on anything.

i can't? i said lawson is undersized and cant shoot and after today he is still undersized and still cant shoot. he is nothing more than an average nba starter at best. but if you feel the need to come back with something about miami after anytime someone says something bad about your player, congrats. you have no life.

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
i can't? i said lawson is undersized and cant shoot and after today he is still undersized and still cant shoot. he is nothing more than an average nba starter at best. but if you feel the need to come back with something about miami after anytime someone says something bad about your player, congrats. you have no life.

He can't shoot? He is shooting 54% from the field, 47% from 3, and 80% from the foul line.

Undersized? He is the same size as Chris Paul, taller than Nate Robinson. The average size for an NBA point gaurd is 6'-6'3.

whats wrong with being an average nba starter? how many average NBA starters does Miami have in the league?

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
He can't shoot? He is shooting 54% from the field, 47% from 3, and 80% from the foul line.

Undersized? He is the same size as Chris Paul, taller than Nate Robinson. The average size for an NBA point gaurd is 6'-6'3.

whats wrong with being an average nba starter? how many average NBA starters does Miami have in the league?

i meant to say he could shoot but he didnt today. my bad, i just ssaid what i was trying to say wrong.

chris paul is taller than him and much more skilled and nate robinson is a select case because he is extremely athletic.

why must you feel the need to throw miami under the bus in everyone of your posts?

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
i meant to say he could shoot but he didnt today. my bad, i just ssaid what i was trying to say wrong.

chris paul is taller than him and much more skilled and nate robinson is a select case because he is extremely athletic.

why must you feel the need to throw miami under the bus in everyone of your posts?

Paul may have an inch on him. Not that big of a difference.

And it's because you are finding reasons to throw Lawson under the bus. We got the point you think he will be an average nba point guard, but you find another part of his game to pick at every time you post. Miami will never see a player as good as Lawson.

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
once again throwing miami under the bus. are you really that self conscious about your own players?

thegreatone08
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
once again throwing miami under the bus. are you really that self conscious about your own players?

No, I just won't knock a good player when I see one

MilfHunter07
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
ok, so let me rephrase it to suit your needs. ty lawson is the best pg ever and he has no negatives about him. better?

thegreatone08
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM
ok, so let me rephrase it to suit your needs. ty lawson is the best pg ever and he has no negatives about him. better?

are you really that big of a dumb ***?

YankeePride13
03-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Stop flooding this thread with useless nonsense...

This is in fact a very sad day in North Carolina basketball. Tyler Hansbrough, Danny Green, and Bobby Frasor have been true champions. They overachieved as freshman, and continued to impress all 4 years of college. It is very sad to see them leave.

Tyler Hansbrough will go down as one of, if not the greatest, ACC player of all time. This kid bleeds Carolina blue.

Step 1 is done. Let's bring home an ACC tourney title and a NCAA championship.

thegreatone08
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
hey milfhunter, good luck in the NIT. still can't play with the big boys

noturnormalhero
03-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Dont know why MilfHunter even came in here talking trash as if UM beat UNC in any of the 2 games. UM just flat out had a disappointing year. Haith got out coached in a lot of games. Cupcake non-ACC games did nothing at all to encourage/motivate these kids. They came out flat footed in a lot of games and just yeah, bad year. No excuses as far as refs and what not even though like any other game at any other level, there was bad calls but that always goes both ways so yeah. Too many "came close" games. If they would have beat UNC in one of the games and held on to beat Duke, they would have been a lock because BC is in and Canes beat them twice.

thegreatone08
03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Dont know why MilfHunter even came in here talking trash as if UM beat UNC in any of the 2 games. UM just flat out had a disappointing year. Haith got out coached in a lot of games. Cupcake non-ACC games did nothing at all to encourage/motivate these kids. They came out flat footed in a lot of games and just yeah, bad year. No excuses as far as refs and what not even though like any other game at any other level, there was bad calls but that always goes both ways so yeah. Too many "came close" games. If they would have beat UNC in one of the games and held on to beat Duke, they would have been a lock because BC is in and Canes beat them twice.

well that wasn't a diss on all miami fans. you guys had a decent team that i thought underacheived. you guys had us on the ropes in the 2nd meeting and should have beat Duke. You win either one of them, then you are in the big dance.

noturnormalhero
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
well that wasn't a diss on all miami fans. you guys had a decent team that i thought underacheived. you guys had us on the ropes in the 2nd meeting and should have beat Duke. You win either one of them, then you are in the big dance.

pretty much. too many "almost won" games. should have won against Ohio State, 2nd game against UNC , Duke , was up 14 on Clemson and couldn't hold on, should have never lost to GT down the stretch either.

thegreatone08
03-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Anyone see the Duke game last night? Paulus only played 1 minute. Thats 7 minutes played in the last 2 games for Duke's co-captain and senior leader. I'm telling you Coach K is really losing it. His recruiting is starting to decline and it seems has if he can't control himself in games. If you watched the UNC-Duke game, they had the camera on him when he called Nolan Smith a f*uckin dumba$$.

I really think Coach K is losing his grip on the program. AND I F*CKIN LOVE IT!!!

sdweston757
03-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Anyone see the Duke game last night? Paulus only played 1 minute. Thats 7 minutes played in the last 2 games for Duke's co-captain and senior leader. I'm telling you Coach K is really losing it. His recruiting is starting to decline and it seems has if he can't control himself in games. If you watched the UNC-Duke game, they had the camera on him when he called Nolan Smith a f*uckin dumba$$.

I really think Coach K is losing his grip on the program. AND I F*CKIN LOVE IT!!!

are u serious?

thegreatone08
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
are u serious?

So you are saying his recruiting hasn't declined at all? He is recruiting unathletic white guys. He can't get a big man there to save his life. Most of the 5 star recruits he gets are 5 star recruits just because who is recruiting them.

He preaches flops and floor slapping instead of how to score the basketball. Don't get me wrong they have a good history, but are they really starting to matter anymore??

BRAVE KID
03-14-2009, 03:40 PM

LMAO!!! You wish, that's hater talk right there. You want to put the best players on the floor and elliot is better than Paulus, he brings more to the table. And if duke is winning what is the problem? Calling smith a dumb *** wow..like roy has never blown up on his players before. You already lost your credibility so not like I can say you just lost it.

thegreatone08
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
LMAO!!! You wish, that's hater talk right there. You want to put the best players on the floor and elliot is better than Paulus, he brings more to the table. And if duke is winning what is the problem? Calling smith a dumb *** wow..like roy has never blown up on his players before. You already lost your credibility so not like I can say you just lost it.

You're a dook fan..you think i care what you think?

Not a bad loss today against FSU. We already have the regular season title and we played without lawson and green was a no show the last 2 games. the acc tournament is for the fsu, maryland, clemsons and dukes of the acc. lets go out and win the championship that really matters!!

sdweston757
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
ur critizing K as a coach...

what about playing Lawson the last game of the season with the #1 seed already locked up so that he can play on a bum toe and potentially hurt it worse. then not play in the acc tournament. i hope he isnt 100% for the ncaa tourney because of that stupidity.

and if u understood how college basketball worked, u would understand that the duke vs unc rivalry goes in cycles. duke dominated unc from 1999-2005 and unc has dominated for the last four years. to say "Duke doesnt matter anymore" is just outrageous. You think unc will be better then duke next year when ur entire starting 5 leaves??? doubt it. learn some knowledge

BRAVE KID
03-14-2009, 04:10 PM
You're a dook fan..you think i care what you think?

Not a bad loss today against FSU. We already have the regular season title and we played without lawson and green was a no show the last 2 games. the acc tournament is for the fsu, maryland, clemsons and dukes of the acc. lets go out and win the championship that really matters!!It obviously has some effect if you make that incrediably mature "you're a dook fan" statement.

the acc tournament is for the fsu, maryland, clemsons and dukes of the acc.LMAO...wow you are really something else, I bet you said that statement when you won it right? you're ridiculous.

Rtardz
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
ur critizing K as a coach...

what about playing Lawson the last game of the season with the #1 seed already locked up so that he can play on a bum toe and potentially hurt it worse. then not play in the acc tournament. i hope he isnt 100% for the ncaa tourney because of that stupidity.
and if u understood how college basketball worked, u would understand that the duke vs unc rivalry goes in cycles. duke dominated unc from 1999-2005 and unc has dominated for the last four years. to say "Duke doesnt matter anymore" is just outrageous. You think unc will be better then duke next year when ur entire starting 5 leaves??? doubt it. learn some knowledge

first of all you dont know what the hell your talking about. Lawson was about at least 90% feeling better the day of the UNC/Duke game thats why he played. He reaggravated it during the game. Plus its the biggest rivalry game of the year, wouldn`t you want henderson to play if he was in the same situation? You also have to remember we didn`t have a good coach from 97 when Smith retired til 2003 when Roy finally showed up. This series always has its runs with one team having a good couple seasons than the other then it switches. Whats really gonna be funny is when coach K retires. Oh how I will savor that day watching all the lil dookies cry. So dont come in here wishing players to get hurt or stay hurt thats just wrong and your a jack ***.

thegreatone08
03-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Let the Dook fans finally celebrate something. It's been a while for them, they think they are on top of the world. Let them have their moment. We can celebrate winning the real tournament.

Rtardz
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I could care less that they won, we won the last 2 big whoop still didnt get what i ultimately want and thats the national championship. I kinda wanted us to lose in this tournament so we could get more rest. It was meaningless for us anyways, we already proved we are the best in the conference. Congrats dookies on the win, maybe you`ll get past Binghamton unlike vcu.

BRAVE KID
03-15-2009, 06:56 PM
all turd heels fans are the same..sad really. oh well would really love to see a UNC/Oklahoma battle that would be an epic match. Have fun and good luck in the tourney

Rtardz
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
[

Rtardz
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
all turd heels fans are the same..sad really. oh well would really love to see a UNC/Oklahoma battle that would be an epic match. Have fun and good luck in the tourney

its real funny how you always ***** and complain when people bait in your forum. But it`s fine when you come in here and do it. Turd heels, huh. real cute.:rolleyes:

BRAVE KID
03-15-2009, 08:41 PM
its real funny how you always ***** and complain when people bait in your forum. But it`s fine when you come in here and do it. Turd heels, huh. real cute.:rolleyes:For one, I don't make it a habit to come in here and speak. So if you think I do this all the time you are sadly mistaken, this is only one occasion while your buddy has gone to the duke thread and created havoc throughout the whole season. Granted I probably shouldn't have said anything in here and no it's not fine, but there are times where the most ridiculous statements are stated and something needs to be said.

I have stayed away from this thread (for the most part) throughout the whole season, I do not make a living baiting in here like some of you guys do in the duke thread.

Turd heels, huh. real cute."Dook/Dookie's" eh like that is any better.

Sabres39
03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
So you are saying his recruiting hasn't declined at all? He is recruiting unathletic white guys. He can't get a big man there to save his life. Most of the 5 star recruits he gets are 5 star recruits just because who is recruiting them.

He preaches flops and floor slapping instead of how to score the basketball. Don't get me wrong they have a good history, but are they really starting to matter anymore??

Recruiting goes in cycles. In the early 90's, we were king. In the mid-90's, you guys had better recruits. In the late 90's, early 2000's, we had the better recruits. You guys have had the better recruiting classes since the Redick, Williams class. If we get John Wall, which is highly unlikely, I like our 2009 class more than yours. But, if we don't, our 2010 class is already going to be great, probably #1.

So your telling me that all the five star recruits he gets didn't become five star recruits until K offered them? God damn, for some reason I seem to remember a five star Ryan Kelly wanting a Duke offer, and not getting one until after the Olympics, and he signed slightly there after. I assume the scouts knew that K was going to offer him, even before K himself did, right?

But, I love the fact that you bring up unathletic white guys. You seem to have one on your team right now in Hanstravel, and two more coming in the Wear's, who by the way, your beloved coach was trying to convince not to come to UNC and get out of their LOI.

Rtardz
03-15-2009, 11:07 PM
For one, I don't make it a habit to come in here and speak. So if you think I do this all the time you are sadly mistaken, this is only one occasion while your buddy has gone to the duke thread and created havoc throughout the whole season. Granted I probably shouldn't have said anything in here and no it's not fine, but there are times where the most ridiculous statements are stated and something needs to be said.

I have stayed away from this thread (for the most part) throughout the whole season, I do not make a living baiting in here like some of you guys do in the duke thread.

"Dook/Dookie's" eh like that is any better.

I never said you do it all the time, I was talking about the recent post thats it. I dont bait in your guys forum. If I talk crap or make jokes I do it in here. Ive seen other Carolina fans saying stuff in your forum but not me.

BRAVE KID
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I never said you do it all the time, I was talking about the recent post thats it. I dont bait in your guys forum. If I talk crap or make jokes I do it in here. Ive seen other Carolina fans saying stuff in your forum but not me.alright then, we'll leave it at that. Good luck and have fun in the tourney..I really do hope Hansborough matches up with Blake Griffin, that would be such a battle.

JakeDelbreezy
03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Can't we all just get along? The truth is, the Heel's/Duke rilvary is rabid and arguably the best rilvary in all of sports. The reason is b/c both teams are generally very good, if both teams weren't any good or one or the other wasn't good then basically there would be no rivalry. So saying (insert Duke player) or (insert Heels player) sucks probably isn't true. Both teams are loaded with good players, players who were recruited by tons of schools and would be welcome on any other team in the country. If JJ Redick had played for the Heels would UNC fans still hate him? If Hansbrough was a Blue Devil would they still hate him? A little trash talk here and there is great, but sometimes it goes over the top....

thegreatone08
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Recruiting goes in cycles. In the early 90's, we were king. In the mid-90's, you guys had better recruits. In the late 90's, early 2000's, we had the better recruits. You guys have had the better recruiting classes since the Redick, Williams class. If we get John Wall, which is highly unlikely, I like our 2009 class more than yours. But, if we don't, our 2010 class is already going to be great, probably #1.

So your telling me that all the five star recruits he gets didn't become five star recruits until K offered them? God damn, for some reason I seem to remember a five star Ryan Kelly wanting a Duke offer, and not getting one until after the Olympics, and he signed slightly there after. I assume the scouts knew that K was going to offer him, even before K himself did, right?

But, I love the fact that you bring up unathletic white guys. You seem to have one on your team right now in Hanstravel, and two more coming in the Wear's, who by the way, your beloved coach was trying to convince not to come to UNC and get out of their LOI.

First off I said MOST, not at all. It's that way with every school, not just Duke. But it just shows more at Duke.

Our unathletic white guy is a 4 time All American, 4 time 1st team ACC, National Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, ACC Player of the Year. Do any of your unathletic white guys have that on their resume? No! but they do have a second round loss to WVU on it.

I'm not really worried about the Wear twins. They are more for development (something Duke has forgot how to do). We have Henson and Strickland comming in next year. Not to mention a healthy Ginyard. Oh yea, watch out for the man child Ed Davis.

YankeePride13
03-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Ed Davis 2009-10 numbers = 17ppg, 10 rpg, 3 bpg next year...grrrrrrr....

I hate the Gonzaga matchup, but other than that, not too tough of a region. Syracuse is a weak tournament team that has to be gassed after the Big East tourney. Oklahoma is certainly not playing their best basketball right now.

A healthy Lawson = national championship.

Sabres39
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
First off I said MOST, not at all. It's that way with every school, not just Duke. But it just shows more at Duke.

Our unathletic white guy is a 4 time All American, 4 time 1st team ACC, National Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year, ACC Player of the Year. Do any of your unathletic white guys have that on their resume? No! but they do have a second round loss to WVU on it.

I'm not really worried about the Wear twins. They are more for development (something Duke has forgot how to do). We have Henson and Strickland comming in next year. Not to mention a healthy Ginyard. Oh yea, watch out for the man child Ed Davis.

Yeah, as a matter of fact we do. Only our unathletic white guy won two national championships in the early 90's.

You clearly have A LOT more faith in the Wear twins than I do. I think they are going to be like Brian Zoubek, only there will be two of them.

thegreatone08
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, as a matter of fact we do. Only our unathletic white guy won two national championships in the early 90's.

You clearly have A LOT more faith in the Wear twins than I do. I think they are going to be like Brian Zoubek, only there will be two of them.

Going back to the glory years I see. I'm talking present teams my man. But as a Dook fan you really haven't had much to celebrate in the last 5 years.

What you don't understand is our coaches can develop players. Not make them worse then what they were when they came there. The Wear twins might not be all Americans, but god knows they will be better than Zoubek. Just another point that Dook recruits unathletic white guys.

Sabres39
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Going back to the glory years I see. I'm talking present teams my man. But as a Dook fan you really haven't had much to celebrate in the last 5 years.

What you don't understand is our coaches can develop players. Not make them worse then what they were when they came there. The Wear twins might not be all Americans, but god knows they will be better than Zoubek. Just another point that Dook recruits unathletic white guys.

Your statement is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose Singler, Scheyer, Henderson, Smith, and even Williams haven't progressed since they've been at Duke? Henderson might just be the best overall player in the ACC this year, but he hasn't progressed at all, right?

The fact that you talk about Duke's unathletic white kids with kids like Frasor, and Hanstravel on your team, and kids like the Wear's coming in is amazing. Sure, Zoubek isn't the best or most athletic player, but being injured for your first two years is going to hamper your improvement, no matter who you are.

thegreatone08
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Your statement is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose Singler, Scheyer, Henderson, Smith, and even Williams haven't progressed since they've been at Duke? Henderson might just be the best overall player in the ACC this year, but he hasn't progressed at all, right?

The fact that you talk about Duke's unathletic white kids with kids like Frasor, and Hanstravel on your team, and kids like the Wear's coming in is amazing. Sure, Zoubek isn't the best or most athletic player, but being injured for your first two years is going to hamper your improvement, no matter who you are.

Henderson the best overall player? Ha!

That's not all we recruit tho. It's funny you bring up injuries when Frasor has been hurt the last 3 years, yet defend the **** Zoubek. And again, you call Hansbrough unathletic, but the kid produces. Something your white boys don't. Coack K honestly recruits floor slappin douchebags that are good at shooting the 3. Talk to me when they get to a final four.

YankeePride13
03-17-2009, 08:23 AM

Where to begin...

First, Singler's improved since he's gotten to Duke? I think he's gotten worse. I saw this kid play in high school and he was the best player on the court (in Harlem with Beasley, Rose, Love, Jennings on the court). I think he's a terrible fit for Duke's system.

Your argument for Zoubek is that he was hurt, what's Bobby Frasor been his whole career??? So if we can't call Zoubek un-athletic, then you can't call Frasor the same.

And Tyler Hansbrough will get hated on no matter what. UNC fans hated Redick, and he was the man. Tyler's now the man, he'll get hated, esp from Duke fans.

It's REALLY REALLY hard to argue Unanimous National Player of the Year, 4 time first team all ACC, ACC all-time leading scorer, etc. etc. etc....

Hell if he is that un-athletic, then it's even more amazing what he's able to accomplish without god given athleticism and it shows how hard this kid works to be the best he can possibly be.

Sabres39
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Where to begin...

First, Singler's improved since he's gotten to Duke? I think he's gotten worse. I saw this kid play in high school and he was the best player on the court (in Harlem with Beasley, Rose, Love, Jennings on the court). I think he's a terrible fit for Duke's system.

Your argument for Zoubek is that he was hurt, what's Bobby Frasor been his whole career??? So if we can't call Zoubek un-athletic, then you can't call Frasor the same.

And Tyler Hansbrough will get hated on no matter what. UNC fans hated Redick, and he was the man. Tyler's now the man, he'll get hated, esp from Duke fans.

It's REALLY REALLY hard to argue Unanimous National Player of the Year, 4 time first team all ACC, ACC all-time leading scorer, etc. etc. etc....

Hell if he is that un-athletic, then it's even more amazing what he's able to accomplish without god given athleticism and it shows how hard this kid works to be the best he can possibly be.
You think Singler has gotten worse? I must have missed something about him improving in rebounding, steals, blocks, and 3pt%. The only thing that has cause for concern is his decrease in FT%.

I never said Hanstravel was a bad player, he is a very good college player, one of the best ever. But, it is honestly hard to argue that he is athletic. NBA GM's are very concerned about his lack of athleticism, which is why he might not even be a lottery pick.

Anyway, how about we stop harping on each other's unathletic white big men?

Rtardz
03-19-2009, 03:11 PM
:clap:Congratulations Tyler Hansbrough on being the All Time ACC leading scorer! Just broke JJ Reddicks record.:clap:

YankeePride13
03-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Congrats Tyler, certainly well-deserved, even according to JJ Redick.

Here's to hoping the Heels jump out very early on LSU and give Lawson some more rest. I'd like to have him 3 full weeks of no strain on the toe so he's good to go vs. Gonzaga.

YankeePride13
03-23-2009, 04:04 PM
If Lawson plays like he did Saturday, it's a race for second place for all the other teams.

thegreatone08
03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Here we go fellas!!! Huge weekend for us. It's time for Danny Green to have his break out game tonite. Big contributions from Lawson, Hansbrough, possibly the hottest player in the tourny Wayne Ellington and of course the man child big Ed Davis. Lets show why we are the TEAM of NORTH CAROLINA and the ACC!!!

MilfHunter07
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
i think you guys beat gonzaga handily and if lawsons is remotely healthy you guys are my pick to win it all

yankees#27
03-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice win by the heels, next up oklahoma... Go heelssss

Brooke
03-28-2009, 12:23 AM
That was a impressive win tonight. Once again Lawson was unbelievable. The Oklahoma/UNC game should be good

Rtardz
03-28-2009, 02:53 AM
nice win for the boys in baby blue GO HEELS!

thegreatone08
03-28-2009, 04:29 AM
I would actually rather play Oklahoma then 'Cuse.

Rtardz
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
here we go almost game time, this is gonna be a tough one.

Rtardz
03-29-2009, 07:16 PM
yeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!final 4 baby!!!!!!!!!

DamnGoat
03-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Good win by UNC, hopefully Nova can knock them off but I just don't see any team left hanging w/them now...maybe UConn.

Rtardz
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
how are you gonna come in here and say you hope nova knocks us off? Take that crap in the tournament thread. This is the UNC thread.

Brooke
03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Go Tarheels!!

yankees#27
03-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Great win by the heels, 4 down 2 to go... Im so excited, i cant wait till sat :clap: The heels are on a mission and i dont knw if they will be stoped :p

thegreatone08
03-29-2009, 09:45 PM
This team is playing with a purpose. They kind of coasted through the season but now know what they all came back to school for. If they keep playing like this I don't think any team has a chance. Justin Watts, a freshman who has barely played all year, came in and produced in the biggest game of the season so far.

I like to chalk this up as another win against Dook too since the Sooners are coached by an ex-dookie. He did show a lot of class today so I can't hate on me. Must of learned that after he left dook.

And just a side not, Dook hasn't beatin a team ranked higher than a 7th seed in the tourny since 2001. And they consider the sweet 16 a success! ha!!

BRAVE KID
03-29-2009, 09:54 PM
man you just don't stop hating do you. Props that UNC is playing well but you just continue to hate , well with no true point guard or big man, I consider it a success, and the fact that duke had no business winning 30 games or the ACC tourney but not going to get into that since it is a UNC thread. Seriously you hate too much.

thegreatone08
03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
man you just don't stop hating do you. Props that UNC is playing well but you just continue to hate , well with no true point guard or big man, I consider it a success, and the fact that duke had no business winning 30 games or the ACC tourney but not going to get into that since it is a UNC thread. Seriously you hate too much.

When was the last time you had a good point guard or big man? It's called recruiting. There is only one person to blame for not having that. The ACC was very weak this year, which showed in the tournament, so winning 30 games isn't a suprise. And you didn't beat the best team to win the ACC tourny so once again not a suprise.

And it's a fact, i HATE dook.

Bulls_fan90
03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I've said it since the start of the season....UNC cutting down the nets this year.

BRAVE KID
03-29-2009, 11:39 PM
When was the last time you had a good point guard or big man? It's called recruiting. There is only one person to blame for not having that. The ACC was very weak this year, which showed in the tournament, so winning 30 games isn't a suprise. And you didn't beat the best team to win the ACC tourny so once again not a suprise.

And it's a fact, i HATE dook.The ACC was a dissapointment this year in the NCAA tourney, not that it was weak, there is a difference. In fact all of UNC's four losses came against the ACC. But yet the best team in the ACC tourney didn't advance..look dude it pretty obvious your a hopeless case that thrives on baiting, hype up the heels all you want but stating the ACC was weak this year in the regular season and winning 30 games with no true PG or big man is a stupid statement.

Rtardz
03-30-2009, 07:55 AM
The ACC was a dissapointment this year in the NCAA tourney, not that it was weak, there is a difference. In fact all of UNC's four losses came against the ACC. But yet the best team in the ACC tourney didn't advance..look dude it pretty obvious your a hopeless case that thrives on baiting, hype up the heels all you want but stating the ACC was weak this year in the regular season and winning 30 games with no true PG or big man is a stupid statement.

just because you have a good weekend doesnt make you the best in the ACC. So if florida state would have won instead, they would be the best in the ACC?:rolleyes: We won the regular season outright, don`t take a good weekend and say oh we`re the best. Hell what if Georgia Tech would have won it? They had a good weekend. Duke had a great season, and Coach K proved why he is a great Coach even though I cant stand him. And yes Duke was one of the great teams in the ACC but not the best don`t kid yourself.

YankeePride13
03-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Not going to lie, Nova scares me more than any other Elite 8 team did.

They play the style that can beat UNC, penetration then foul or kick out. Boston College played with this style, and we saw what happened there. Then again, Duke also plays with this style and we beat them twice.

Great news is Lawson looks completely healthy.

P.S. Anyone notice Ellington looked a little off yesterday. I'm not talking his shot, I'm talking about his decisions. He shot when he shouldn't have and passed up great looks when he was set to shoot. I've never seen this out of him, he's normally a very poised player. Hope it was just an off day.

yankees#27
03-30-2009, 07:26 PM
I wouldnt worry about it yankee, im sure it was.. Im tired of heaing about UNC losing to this team and that team blah blah blah.. Lets be honest, at times UNC lacks focus , almost like they get bored... This is the final four if UNC isint focused now they never will be.. Im also tired of hearing about there D, the only reason they allow alot of points is because they get so many possesions, so common sense would tell u that the opposition would also have more possesions..Villanova is a good team dunt get me wrong but there not that great like people make them out to be.. People talk about there guards, well go look at the stats, lawson, green and weezy are all better then there guards.. We also have a huge size advantage.. I looked at the split stats between the schools and could not find 1 area where they where better then UNC, and they had an eaiser SOS..I also heard they like to run, well they might as well run them selves out of the building lol I also hate the fans from nova, most of them are a disgrace to fellow college bball fans, just look at there forum and u will see what im talking about..

Rtardz
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldnt worry about it yankee, im sure it was.. Im tired of heaing about UNC losing to this team and that team blah blah blah.. Lets be honest, at times UNC lacks focus , almost like they get bored... This is the final four if UNC isint focused now they never will be.. Im also tired of hearing about there D, the only reason they allow alot of points is because they get so many possesions, so common sense would tell u that the opposition would also have more possesions..Villanova is a good team dunt get me wrong but there not that great like people make them out to be.. People talk about there guards, well go look at the stats, lawson, green and weezy are all better then there guards.. We also have a huge size advantage.. I looked at the split stats between the schools and could not find 1 area where they where better then UNC, and they had an eaiser SOS..I also heard they like to run, well they might as well run them selves out of the building lol I also hate the fans from nova, most of them are a disgrace to fellow college bball fans, just look at there forum and u will see what im talking about..

yeah i too read some of Villanova`s forums and they do talk alot of ****. But thats typical Philly fans for you. I lived up there for a short while and they are the rudest fans you will ever come across. Mostly talking crap about Hansbrough. I guess when your good and not on someones teams thats what happens. Most of them are probably 12 anyways. But they can say whatever they want, the kid has broken records left and right and will go down as one of the greatest college players ever. Hopefully monday he will be flying back home with that trophy tucked under his arm and a peice of the net in his pocket.