PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks or Blazers who makes playoffs

KB24PG16
11-26-2008, 02:25 AM
As I look at the NBA standings I see that the top 7 seven seeds are a lock maybe not the position. However the Mavericks are 7-7 and the Blazers are 9-6. As I see it the Spurs are going to have better now that Manu and Parker are coming back. So who makes the playoffs Blazers or Mavericks

superkegger
11-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Way too early to tell, way too early.

But if i had to pick, absoluely had to. I'd still decline and say its too early.

michaellui11
11-26-2008, 02:38 AM
As I look at the NBA standings I see that the top 7 seven seeds are a lock maybe not the position. However the Mavericks are 7-7 and the Blazers are 9-6. As I see it the Spurs are going to have better now that Manu and Parker are coming back. So who makes the playoffs Blazers or Mavericks

who are the LOCKED 7?

FlawlessKB24
11-26-2008, 02:59 AM
who are the LOCKED 7?

This must be them:
Lakers
Hornets
Rockets
Suns
Spurs
Utah
and I guess the 7th is Denver.

superkegger
11-26-2008, 03:10 AM
This must be them:
Lakers
Hornets
Rockets
Suns
Spurs
Utah

Honestly right now, I don't think any of the top 9 other than the lakers are safe. And I don't just say the Lakers because I'm a homer. If you really can't see that they are far and away the best team in the west right now, thats just blind hate.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-26-2008, 03:22 AM
who are the LOCKED 7?

Beleive it or not... Denver is better than Portland.

goku
11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Beleive it or not... Denver is better than Portland.

experience wise yes but talent no

Hellcrooner
11-26-2008, 03:39 AM
There is not such thing as locker teams yet.

Imagine Kobe and Pau BOTH getting Injured for some time.

valade16
11-26-2008, 07:24 AM
A few things.

Right now the Lakers are a lock for the playoffs. Yes, even if Kobe got hurt a team that features Gasol, Odom, and Bynum would easily make the playoffs in the East, and since they have an 11-1 mark now, if Kobe got hurt right now the Lakers would have to go 39-31 to make the playoffs, something I think that team could do without Kobe...

Secondly, right now as much as I hate to say it (being a Blazers fan) the Nuggets are the better team. They are playing great Defense and Billups has brought an amazing sense of direction to that team.

That being said the Blazers will make the playoffs (Mavericks are done), I just hope its as the 7th seed or above, because they have a legitimate shot in a series against every team except the Lakers...

JordansBulls
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Mavericks will make it IMO.

king4day
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
I see Dallas making a move midseason.
They are starting to get it together, so I wouldn't be surprised if they make it.
Blazers might JUST miss out.

BlondeBomber41
11-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Denver isnt that good....

IBleedPurple
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
experience wise yes but talent no

really?

Nuggets
Billups
JR Smith
Melo
K-Mart
Nene
Chucky Atkins
Linas Kleiza
Anthony Carter

Blazers
Steve Blake
Brandon Roy
LaMarcus Aldridge
Oden
Channing Frye
Joel Przybilla
Sergio Rodriguez
Rudy fernandez

Nuggets have 4 All-Star caliber players (Melo, KMart, Nene, Billups, a guy that could win 6th man of the year (JR), and veteran guards off the bench

Blazers have an injury laden big man, Frye, Aldridge, and 2 good guards.

How is their talent better?

(between the 2 choices in the thread, I go Mavs......no veteran leadership on the Blazers)

lakers4sho
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
There is not such thing as locker teams yet.

Imagine Kobe and Pau BOTH getting Injured for some time.

hey man, don't jinx it ;)

Anyways, I have to go with Portland. Not because I like their team, it's because I think at this point the Mavs had lost their identity. No one is scared of them anymore. Beating them is as easy as stopping Dirk (although I'm not saying that stopping Dirk is easy AT ALL). He's not getting any help from anyone other than Jet. They have no bench players whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Brandon Roy is starting to become a leader of that team (the Blazers). Even though I don't like a number of his shot selections, he decides that he wants to take control of the game. I like that attitude (a la Kobe). Plus they have two bigs in LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden. They're bench is noteworthy as well. They have decent guards and serviceable big men.

No offense Mavs fans, but at this point I'll bet my money on Portland. Maybe the Mavs aren't winning because they still haven't fully adjusted to Carlisle's system yet. They are pretty good defensively though, allowing the opposition to only 39% FG, and that's a great start. Maybe they'll prove me wrong in the future. Just like people above me had said, we can't decide or know for sure right now.

goku
11-26-2008, 07:36 PM
really?

Nuggets
Billups
JR Smith
Melo
K-Mart
Nene
Chucky Atkins
Linas Kleiza
Anthony Carter

Blazers
Steve Blake
Brandon Roy
LaMarcus Aldridge
Oden
Channing Frye
Joel Przybilla
Sergio Rodriguez
Rudy fernandez

Nuggets have 4 All-Star caliber players (Melo, KMart, Nene, Billups, a guy that could win 6th man of the year (JR), and veteran guards off the bench

Blazers have an injury laden big man, Frye, Aldridge, and 2 good guards.

How is their talent better?

(between the 2 choices in the thread, I go Mavs......no veteran leadership on the Blazers)

melo and billups are the only allstars
nene is decent
k-mart aint as good as he was

brandon roy allstar
aldridge a guy who should be a allstar
greg oden defensive precence
travis outlaw off the bench and dont forget Rudy fernandez
and should gettin webster back so the are more talented

rosesbulls
11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Blazers they had 1 of the toughest opening schedules i could imagine

Lakers
Spurs
Rockets
Wolves (1 of few gimmes)
Orlando
Miame
New Orleans

all but 2 of those games were against teams that went to the play offs last year

aWiLL 20
11-26-2008, 07:55 PM
its very early, but i definitely find it hard to believe the Mavs dont make it. Too much talent, they are starting to gel

mrblisterdundee
11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Portland would make the playoffs before Dallas. The Mavericks are choke artists (at least Nowitzki is). Jason Kidd is too old. The Blazers are deeper.

Nexus
11-27-2008, 05:41 PM
This must be them:
Lakers
Hornets
Rockets
Suns
Spurs
Utah

In my mind, Portland makes it in above the injury riddled Spurs, the jump shooting Mavs and the hyped up Nuggets. Maybe even the adapting Suns. The Blazers team is only getting better. The only thing holding them back right now is defence, but they are young and teachable. Batum is actually coming into his own in that department.