PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Recognition

Frank Costanza
11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Im not sure if its just me but i feel that the NBA has best marketed its stars amongs the non fan base public. in that you can mention the name kobe bryant or lebron james to just about anyone in america and they will know who they are wheras stars from the MLB or NHL like a Manny Ramirez or Ovechkin may be very very much noticed amonst fans of the sport but not so much amongst the general public, I wonder and PSD BBALL nation please give me your input on this ..........

MiamiHeat
11-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I agree with you, I have some friends that have no interest in basketball or any sports whatsoever but I name a basketball player they know exactly who I'm talking about but then I name a football player they have no idea who I'm talking about, they know big big baseball players only like Alex Rodriguez or Derek Jeter that's about it lol. But big name sport players that are good at their sports will be known so it doesn't really matter what sports you play if your good you will get recognition.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Outside Usa, it works only for the REALLY big names, General public knows about Kobe and Shaq, but for example know nothing about Lebron, that is only for Basket Fans.