PDA

View Full Version : How good will Kevin Durant and Brandon Roy become?

JordansBulls
11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
How good will Kevin Durant and Brandon Roy become?

What do you think of those guys?

Gibby23
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
B roy is about as good as he will be skill wise, but he will get better at decision making and reading how other teams are playing him. He will be like D wade with his numbers but not as high as D wades scoring.

Durant will be like T mac maybe better if he doesn't get hurt and in about 3 years I think he can avg between 27 and 30ppg.

Joshtd1
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Idk, Im just not all that impressed with Durant. He is a volume scorer from what I see, and there are plenty of guys like him in the league. He reminds me of Rudy Gay.

Roy on the other hand, I think is a stud. Not only can he score, but he is a very good play maker and a smart basketball player. Very smooth and controlled on the court.

Aapox
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
^^^ I agree very much so.

Tblaze
11-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Idk, Im just not all that impressed with Durant. He is a volume scorer from what I see, and there are plenty of guys like him in the league. He reminds me of Rudy Gay.

Roy on the other hand, I think is a stud. Not only can he score, but he is a very good play maker and a smart basketball player. Very smooth and controlled on the court.

I think you summed it up pretty well. Roy is like the Tim Duncan of shooting guards! Plays very mature.

marques724
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Well Said.

Joshtd1
11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I think you summed it up pretty well. Roy is like the Tim Duncan of shooting guards! Plays very mature.

Its funny you mention that, because the way he plays, I've actually thought of that myself. He plays very funadamental, and is very unselfish, yet he knows he is the leader of the team and makes plays when it needs to happen.

GunFactor187
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I think Durant would become a poor man's Kevin Garnett, they both have the similar size and stature. And I do believe that Durant has a little bit more growing ahead of him as well.

Joshtd1
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM

JayW_1023
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Durant right now is a scorer and not much else...he still needs to work on his defense and shot selection. His upside is huge and I expect him to become a force, but right now he needs to put on some muscle.

Roy has a more well rounded game...he is one of the more complete guards in the game and has already proven he can perform in crunch time.

DerekRE_3
11-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Durant right now is a scorer and not much else...he still needs to work on his defense and shot selection. His upside is huge and I expect him to become a force, but right now he needs to put on some muscle.

Roy has a more well rounded game...he is one of the more complete guards in the game and has already proven he can perform in crunch time.

The problem with putting on muscle is that it can mess up your shot. Mike Bibby tried to bulk up a couple years ago and it really threw off his shot.

sp1derm00
11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
It's still really early for Durant... Roy is probably going to be about the same level through his career.

Durant has promise to be a good defender, great shooter. His game from what I've seen, will be a lot like Paul Pierce's game. Great scorer, good rebounder, decent passer.

CheeseOnMyHead
11-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I think Durant is gonna progress in other aspects of his game. He already has good shot selection and I think he'll be a great defender one day because of his size advantage and long arms, similar to Tayshaun Prince.

Roy is becoming a franchise player. It's pretty easy to predict that he's gonna be a superstar.

mrblisterdundee
11-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Brandon Roy will become a franchise combo guard on a Portland team that wins one or two championships. Kevin durant will also be a franchise combo guard and premier scorer who won't win a championship, because teams will always depend on him too much. He might win a championship if he leaves the Thunder.

_Sn1P3r_
11-25-2008, 05:18 PM

Well said, couldn't agree more. :clap:

MiamiHeat
11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Durant is going to become a great scorer from the bench in the future
6th man candidate :p

Sox Appeal
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Durant is going to become a great scorer from the bench in the future
6th man candidate :p

I don't see why anybody would have Durant coming off the bench. The 6th man role is usually for players who are instant offense, but struggle on the defense end of the floor. (Ben Gordon & Manu are two examples of this) Durant has already shown that he's going to be a terrific scorer in this league, and he's always going to be a good defender because of his length, and quick feet. If he's able to bulk about a little bit, I could see him maxing out as a Tracy McGrady type of player.

JayW_1023
11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't see why anybody would have Durant coming off the bench. The 6th man role is usually for players who are instant offense, but struggle on the defense end of the floor. (Ben Gordon & Manu are two examples of this) Durant has already shown that he's going to be a terrific scorer in this league, and he's always going to be a good defender because of his length, and quick feet. If he's able to bulk about a little bit, I could see him maxing out as a Tracy McGrady type of player.

Manu is actually one of the better defenders at his poistion...so I don't get mentioning him in the same breath as Ben Gordon.

NYMetros
11-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, you guys really don't like Durant. I like him more than Roy actually. If Durant and Roy switched roles, Roy would be in the same situation as Durant is right now in OKC.

Gibby23
11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, you guys really don't like Durant. I like him more than Roy actually. If Durant and Roy switched roles, Roy would be in the same situation as Durant is right now in OKC.

But, Portland would not be this good. Roy's game is more polished right now.

CB4AB7VC15
11-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Durant = Tmac
Roy = better version of J Rose

JayW_1023
11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Jalen Rose is a very good comparison...Roy is Jalen Rose without the bad shot selection and 2 inches shorter.

IBleedPurple
11-26-2008, 03:57 PM
How about time will tell how good they become, the rest is just speculation

jimbobjarree
11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Will the Thunder ever be good with that team, and Durant leading them?

Sport
11-26-2008, 05:33 PM

Durant is the better player, however the situation he is in right now doesnt help him.
So the sooner the Thunder become competitive, than I think Durant could go down as "great" or he could become Kevin Garnett when he was a Wolf.

Durant goes as far as the Thunder go, or the team he's traded too.

Iodine
11-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Durant- volume shooter with no other helping abilities(the man is getting out rebounded by nate robinson a man he has a foot on)

Roy- all NBA 1st teamer multiple times

BoltLakerPadre
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Roy is already a stud, he may become more clutch, which is just a matter of proving your self and being cold blooded. But I don't see his skill level making any huge jumps.

Durant could be amazing, and my be just good. If he can continue to improve, and maybe develop an NBA body, he could be a real star. Neither of these guys will be superstars in my opinion, but I don't go around calling guys like Arenas and B Davis, and such superstars. On the biggest handful (not more than ten) can be real superstars.

TMAC94
11-26-2008, 06:31 PM
i reckon roy could win a MVP one day

b_rad23
11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Durant has a much higher ceiling and as of now is already a better scorer. I'd take him 10 out of 10 times.