PDA

View Full Version : Kaman To Bobcats For J-Rich?

phlp_bj
11-25-2008, 09:01 AM
The L.A. Clippers would like to get the Zach Randolph deal signed and sealed so they can start tinkering with their lineup.

The deal, which saw Randolph and Mardy Collins arrive from New York in exchange for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley, has been delayed due to the Knicks having concerns about Mobley's heart.

Should the trade go through, according to J.A. Adande from ESPN.com, one source said the Clippers are talking to the Charlotte Bobcats about a package that would send Kaman to Charlotte for Jason Richardson. However, another Clippers' source said, "Kaman's not out there."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3724721

kobeonekenobe
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM
it would more likely be G.Wallace than J-Rich, the bobcats wouldnt get rid of their best player

MiamiHeat
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
no
I want him to go to the Heat :pray:

nygiants242
11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, would seem more like Gwallace but damn that would b e a nice trade for the Clips. they need to get rid of ONE of those big three

dabears34ft
11-25-2008, 10:51 AM
send Kaman to the bulls, **** the bobcats. We are one big man away from making a run.

JordansBulls
11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Bulls better get involved in this. I would trade Deng straight up for Kaman.

stevefrancis
11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
imagine jrich and bdiddy reunited. that was a fun backcourt to watch in golden state. why would the clips want wallace if they have thorton

ElishaJ1030
11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I have my concerns about adding JRICH to that lineup...I mean, ZBO will need at least 20 shots per. Now that I think about it, ZBO will love it just as much as BDIDDY!! I mean, ZBO and JRICH played together in college at MSU!!!

black1605
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM
im not in love with the idea, but if thats what it takes to get a big man, we might need to make the move

Larry Brown has been playing Felton at SG while J-Rich is out, and its starting to come together....last night Augustin and Felton combined for 48 points, 16 assists, and 12 boards....a pretty productive backcourt if you ask me.....add that to the fact that Kaman would allow both Okafor and Wallace to play their natural positions and a Kaman for Richardson swap looks pretty good for both teams

Bobcats:

Augustin (we would need to sign another point guard to back up along with felton at times)
Felton (backed up by an ever improving Shannon Brown)
Wallace (backed up by Morrison)
Okafor (backed up by May)
Kaman (backed up, at least for now, by Anjinca)

Clippers:
Davis
Richardson
Thorton
Randolph
Camby

both teams seem to benefit, regardless, i just want to see the bobcats get out there and make something happen....we need a big, and Kaman is the best fit right now

GunFactor187
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Man, i would pay big $$$ to see the B-Diddy/J-Rich backcourt combo again. I miss that.

Wilson
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
no
I want him to go to the Heat :pray:

Kaman or Richardson?

im not in love with the idea, but if thats what it takes to get a big man, we might need to make the move

Larry Brown has been playing Felton at SG while J-Rich is out, and its starting to come together....last night Augustin and Felton combined for 48 points, 16 assists, and 12 boards....a pretty productive backcourt if you ask me.....add that to the fact that Kaman would allow both Okafor and Wallace to play their natural positions and a Kaman for Richardson swap looks pretty good for both teams

Bobcats:

Augustin (we would need to sign another point guard to back up along with felton at times)
Felton (backed up by an ever improving Shannon Brown)
Wallace (backed up by Morrison)
Okafor (backed up by May)
Kaman (backed up, at least for now, by Anjinca)

Clippers:
Davis
Richardson
Thorton
Randolph
Camby

both teams seem to benefit, regardless, i just want to see the bobcats get out there and make something happen....we need a big, and Kaman is the best fit right now

After reading that, it sounds like a very good trade for the Bobcats. As long as Augustin and Felton could consistently put up solid numbers, you'd be a solid bench player or two away from the play-offs.

marques724
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Makes sense for both teams. The clippers though shouldn't be this bad

black1605
11-25-2008, 12:57 PM
would be exciting

also i love the idea of Augustin getting more playing time, he is ridiculously fast, attacks the basket with no fear, shoots the three pretty well, and is improving as a passer...what we would lack in size with the Augustin Felton backcourt, we would make up for in size and aggression

b_rad23
11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Man, I wish Kaman was coming to the Heat. Would Haslem+Cook+ 2 2nd rounder be enough? He's the missing piece.
Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Kaman

Lions #81
11-25-2008, 01:47 PM
that would be good team to work around with now just a couple of bench players

Davis
J-rich
thorton
randolph
camby

superkegger
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Where I the clips, I'd hold on to Kaman for a bit...I think the value of a quality big man will only continue to increase as teams like the heat and bulls see their only hope is to have a legit big.

but they're the clippers, so they'll probably **** it up.

DerekRE_3
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
it would more likely be G.Wallace than J-Rich, the bobcats wouldnt get rid of their best player

I'd take Wallace over J-Rich any day. All J-Rich does is score. Wallace does it all.

MiamiHeat
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Kaman or Richardson?

Kaman, why would the Heat need richarson?

Man, I wish Kaman was coming to the Heat. Would Haslem+Cook+ 2 2nd rounder be enough? He's the missing piece.
Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Kaman

damn very nice lineup :D

sp1derm00
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, that would be a siiiiiiiiiiiiick trade if it happened and I wouldbe worried if this team picked up some kinda chemistry.

MilfHunter07
11-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Bulls better get involved in this. I would trade Deng straight up for Kaman.

Mr.Over payed Deng doesn't have a spot in L.A because Al play's the same postion.

Wilson
11-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Kaman, why would the Heat need richarson?

They wouldn't, but you get some pretty weird ideas on these boards sometimes...

king4day
11-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I hope it does go down.
This would make the 'Cats very well rounded. And probably one of the best rebounding teams in the league.

MilfHunter07
11-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Chalmers
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Kaman

Dam if this trade happened it would be sick. Then i wouldn't mind signing Marion to a 2 year extension.

Pg Mario/Quinn
Sg Wade/Jones
Sf Marion/Wright
Pf Beasley/Joel
C Kaman/Joel

Sick line up. I see championship.:D

mrblisterdundee
11-25-2008, 04:49 PM
It seems like a good idea. The Bobcats need a real center, and the Clippers need a starting shooting guard. Kaman will fit in with Charlotte's halfcourt game. Jason Richardson will fit in well with Baron Davis running the point.

JakeDelbreezy
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I'd take Wallace over J-Rich any day. All J-Rich does is score. Wallace does it all.

Agreed 100%. Gerald Wallace is our best "all around" player. J-Rich can fill it up, but he's not going to get blocks, steals, assists and rebounds like Wallace does, those "little things" add up to Wallace being more valuable.....

black1605
11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
i really do like the idea of a Felton/Brown/Carrol shooting guard rotation

and i dont know if anyone saw the Sixers Bobcats game last night....but Augustin has the makings of a superstar

he is lightening fast, and is never afraid to attack the rim or take a shot and his passing will only get better....the pass bounce pass he made to felton that never got above a defenders knees was awesome

DerekRE_3
11-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I think if we do this trade, we should move Felton for a SG. Augustine has been playing very well and has already proved to me that he is going to be better than Felton.

stevefrancis
11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
the clips should trade camby instead and get wallace because kaman is a lot younger and camby only has what 2-3 years left so why would they do that trade and kaman is a beast almost getting 20 and 10.

Conor
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Actually would be a very good trade for both teams. Don't want to see J-Rich go to a division rival though, I don't know if I could ever root against him.

Lost Art
11-25-2008, 11:10 PM
I actually think Kaman is probably more valuable than J-Rich..........but given the makeup of the Clippers roster, this makes a lot of sense for them

KB24PG16
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
good trade

Hustla23
11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Horrible idea for the Clippers.

king4day
11-26-2008, 12:22 AM
i really do like the idea of a Felton/Brown/Carrol shooting guard rotation

and i dont know if anyone saw the Sixers Bobcats game last night....but Augustin has the makings of a superstar

he is lightening fast, and is never afraid to attack the rim or take a shot and his passing will only get better....the pass bounce pass he made to felton that never got above a defenders knees was awesome

U don't happen to have a link to that would u? I didn't see it.

hockeypro68
11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd be much more willing to move Camby, but have to say I'd probably take this deal if it were up to me.

hdxstunts1
11-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Good deal for both teams! Will it go down i dont think so!

Kaman and Okafor with Wallace will be a great post line-up!
Davis to drive and kick to j-rich alond with Randolph and camby to plug the middle is great! Then you throw in thorton to help also!

I just dont see it going down!

DerekRE_3
11-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I really like this deal for both teams.

Clippers
Baron Davis
Jason Richardson
Al Thornton
Zach Randolph
Marcus Camby

Bobcats
DJ Augustine
Raymond Felton
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Chris Kaman

If the Bobcats could move Felton and/or Morrison for a starting SG, that would be good. We'd have to pick up a backup pg though. They still have Carroll and Dudley to back up the 2 and 3 spots.