PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Sign Patel, Singh

sager729
11-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Pirates Sign Patel, Singh
By Tim Dierkes [November 24 at 1:30pm CST]
Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker passes along a report from Yahoo! Japan: the Pirates signed Indian pitchers Dinesh Patel and Rinku Singh to minor league deals. Patel and Singh were finalists in the Million Dollar Arm contest in India.

Can't hurt anything can it?

CaptainCool79
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
lol good luck with this publicity stunt. If you think those two are gonna be anymore than beer vendors you're wrong. Although they could probably handle all your guys' IT work..

Maz60
11-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Can't hurt anything can it?

No.

Nor can it help.

steelersigf03
11-25-2008, 09:41 PM
This is the biggest joke in the entire world. This was clearly a marketing stunt to get the Pirates name back on sportscenter. This stunt alone really honestly truly makes me consider why I even care for this team. We should be out there signing some high risk high reward guys who know what a baseball glove is actually. LIke Mark Prior or Brad Penny or even the guy on the boardwalk who is at the pitch speed machine. This is so sad, Clemente is rolling over in his grave.

mrbowflex1223
11-28-2008, 12:25 PM
We have good scouts and we aren't spending big money on them who knows they thought Clemente wasn't going to be anything special either and look how he turned out

Maz60
11-28-2008, 03:18 PM
We have good scouts and we aren't spending big money on them who knows they thought Clemente wasn't going to be anything special either and look how he turned out

This may be the most bizarre and inappropriate comparison I've ever read.