PDA

View Full Version : 24th November Power Rankings

JJ81
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
If you haven't been tuned in to NBA news since Friday morning, you've missed quite a few interesting developments.

Donnie Walsh put his stamp on the Knicks roster, as well as an open invitation to the free agents of 2010 to join his team then. And he helped the Clippers and Warriors shake their rosters up in the process.

The Thunder named a second coach before they got their second win. And as of this morning, Washington Wizards coach Eddie Jordan is out of a job.

What a few days it has been. And that's just the off-court stuff! On the court, there have been developments as well. And if you think all the basketball news out there is about that summer of 2010, the Power Rankings will be your refuge for the stuff that matters at this point. After all, we've got two champions to crown before LeBron and the gang make their moves, and this space is about figuring out who's going to be kissing Larry O'Brien come June.

Right now, the Los Angeles Lakers sure look like the favorite, don't they? Of course, when the Lakers were bumped down to No. 2 last week, plenty of venom was delivered to the Power Rankings inbox.

"You must be out of your mind! The Cavs stink! How could you bump the Lakers down when they still had the best record in the league? They're head and shoulders above everyone else!"

My simple response: Hey, they lost.

Further, the Cavs hadn't lost since the fifth day of the season and had won seven straight at the time. Do I think that Cleveland is a better team? No. But what fun would it be if the Lakers or Celtics stayed at No. 1 all season long? No fun at all. And as it says below, these rankings are just one man's opinion. Essentially, they mean nothing and you're free to disagree. The stuff on the right side of the table below is where the real work goes in anyway.

Link: http://www.nba.com/2008/news/powerrankings/11/24/week4/index.html

Lakers take the number 1 spot this week.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Anyone see John Hollingers rankings with the Pacers 9th. haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

MiamiHeat
11-24-2008, 04:48 PM
The Heat have alternated wins and losses over their last nine games.They'd like to break the pattern Monday night against the Rockets before departing for a five-game trip out west. One consistent, of course, is Dwyane Wade, who is simply the most electrifying player in the league right now.

:clap:

The Heat at number 18 is decent I guess..

NYMetros
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
How are the Celtics not #1? They are the Champions, and still have basically the same roster as last year, if not, better.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
How are the Celtics not #1? They are the Champions, and still have basically the same roster as last year, if not, better.

they've struggled a bit offensively. and they, like many teams who win a championship, seem somewhat disinterested at times, don't really bring the focus and intensity they maybe should. But they're defensively so sound that they're able to stay in games. They haven't been that dominating force they were last year. I think they only were down double digits at home like 4 or 5 times last year all eyar, and they've already equaled and surpassed that this year. Just stuff like that I guess. Its nit picking, but yeah.

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 05:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

Bulls went down to 18th.

:pity:

superkegger
11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

Bulls went down to 18th.

:pity:

yeah, thats where they belong though.

king4day
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Suns are too high IMO. After last weeks 1-2 record, losing to an undermanned Jazz team and getting crushed by LA, I don't get how we only lost two spots.

unwantedplayer
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
NBA ranks are overrated. The Celts played tougher then the Lakers.

JJ81
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Lakers didn't lose to the Pacers though.

NYMetros
11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Lakers didn't lose to the Pacers though.

And the Celtics didn't lose to the Pistons. Seriously, its not a big deal. I think everyone knows these two teams are either 1 or 2 in the NBA, and the best in their respective conference.

kntresistheheat
11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
The Heat have alternated wins and losses over their last nine games.They'd like to break the pattern Monday night against the Rockets before departing for a five-game trip out west. One consistent, of course, is Dwyane Wade, who is simply the most electrifying player in the league right now.

Thats right....Pay attention everyone!!!:clap:

I guess the rankings are ok:shrug:

Ph1lly Diehard
11-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Watch out for those Sixers! Brand is putting up those numbers those last 3 games and we have a game tonight in Charlotte :D

SaimoNETS
11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
nets 16th!!
lol

Giaps
11-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Knicks drop 7 slots to 21? Harsh. They're over .500, there are 6 teams ahead of them with worse records and 2 teams with the same record.

Give us at least 17-18 range..

LakerzDQ
11-25-2008, 08:17 AM

true, Lakers didn't play that well recently.

however, Lakers are still the only team with only 1 loss

JJ81
11-25-2008, 08:43 AM
And the Celtics didn't lose to the Pistons.

Pacers or Pistons...