Monday, November 24 - 7:30 p.m.
Sprint Center Kansas City, Mo.
Syracuse vs. Florida - ESPN2
Kansas vs. Washington - ESPN2

Tuesday, November 25 - 7:45 p.m.
Sprint Center Kansas City, Mo.
Consolation Game - ESPNU
Championship Game - ESPN2

Should be some good games tonight and tomorrow.

Devils05
11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Sorry, I missed the Cuse tourney

cahawk
11-25-2008, 02:07 AM
6 blocks by KU's Cole Aldrich in game against Washington.

Reminds me of what he did to the UNC Player of the Year Tyler Hansborough in the Final Four.

Wrigleyboy25
11-25-2008, 03:14 AM
:clap:

Good job by the Orange. They will need to play better D to beat Kansas though.

Should be a good matchup tomorrow. Repeat of the 2003 championship game.

Catfish1314
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
:pity: Gators blow it again.

SportvantageCom
11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
i can't believe that florida lost to 'cuse

that's two big upset wins for the university this week (over notre dame in fball too)

good game though

cahawk
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
KU, Florida & Syracuse have accounted for 4 of last 6 NCAA champs.

I watched the Syracuse/Florida game.
Syracuse definetly outplayed Florida, I didn't think they were supposed to be that good.
Guess, that's why they play the game.

Catfish1314
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
i can't believe that florida lost to 'cuse

I can. In fact, I predicted they would. Florida can't stop anybody with any lateral speed. Even a year later, we're horrible defensively.

Wrigleyboy25
11-26-2008, 03:22 AM
'Cuse wins the tourny! :clap:

Great OT win over Kansas. 2 wins over ranked teams in 2 nights. Should be huge non-conference wins under the belt with the ridiculousness that is the Big East this year.

Also a nice notice for those of you in this thread who didn't think the Orange were good. A ton of talent on that team and they are very deep.

Anyway, it was a great game, Flynn hit a three to force OT. Highlights:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=283300183

Conor
11-26-2008, 03:50 AM
I've got Cuse as my surprise team of 09, I expect them to be a top 4 seed in the tourney. They've got a stud PG in Flynn, experience, a potentially dominant big, and Paul Harris is flat our freaky. Not surprised they beat Kansas.

Driven
11-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Syracuse isn't deep enough. They're 8 players deep, and while Boeheim usually likes to just play 8 deep, I don't think the three off the bench are good enough. Joseph will be good, as will Jackson. But they're too young and undeveloped. Rautins just plain sucks.

The starters are great though. Flynn and Onuaku are a fantastic PG-C combo. Absolutely fantastic. Devendorf turns the ball over way too much and can't run a fast break for the life of him, but he's a great shooter and is good off the ball. Harris is fantastic even though the man can't shoot, and I don't understand why Ongenaet doesn't play more. The guy is really solid.

I'd say they're a #15-#20 all year long.

WI Sports Fan
11-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Syracuse isn't deep enough. They're 8 players deep, and while Boeheim usually likes to just play 8 deep, I don't think the three off the bench are good enough. Joseph will be good, as will Jackson. But they're too young and undeveloped. Rautins just plain sucks.

The starters are great though. Flynn and Onuaku are a fantastic PG-C combo. Absolutely fantastic. Devendorf turns the ball over way too much and can't run a fast break for the life of him, but he's a great shooter and is good off the ball. Harris is fantastic even though the man can't shoot, and I don't understand why Ongenaet doesn't play more. The guy is really solid.

At least they can't (knock on wood) get any shallower than they were last year. I remember watching them run 6, maybe 7 players out there during games last year and they were all taxed by the end. With most of those players returning, they should be able to handle an 8-man rotation moderately well after last year. I do agree that their lack of a bench will keep them from being true National title contenders this year though.

Wrigleyboy25
11-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Flynn
Devo
KOng
Arinze
Harris

Rautins
Jackson
Joseph
Mookie

Mookie hasn't played a ton yet, but he will in the eaiser games coming up. He's a very good freshman who can play if needed. They are 9 deep. 8 is plenty enough anyway so I am not sure what the problem here is.

Rautins sucks? He is the reason they beat Kansas and Virginia. He hit 4-9 from 3 (very good percentage from 3) and fueled the comeback win against Virginia, and knocked down 3 3's against Kansas.

Rautins is a long, tall guard. He is extremely valuable. His 3 point percentage may not always be that high, but neither was Gerry McNamara's. He hit the big ones against Kansas and Virginia. Just took him a few games to get going.

The problems with this team will be foul shooting and stupidity, not deepness.

Driven
12-01-2008, 12:36 AM
It's completely how deep it is. Look at the drop off from the starters to the bench. It's a huge drop off. Syracuse is not 9 deep, no matter how much you want to believe that. It's hard to be 9 deep when you only play 8.

And what you're arguing is just a number anyways. Of course 8 can be deep enough. EVERY team is 8 deep. It's about the talent.

And yes, Rautins sucks. He can't shoot. He can't do anything, really. When you've never come close to hitting 40% of your shots, you're not good at shooting. He can somewhat shoot from outside, but that's it. And if foul shooting is a problem, Rautins is part of that problem.

Comparing him to McNamera is crazy, as well. McNamera wasn't a great player by any means, but he brought more to the table than a sub-par shooting percentage, like Rautins.

Wrigleyboy25
12-01-2008, 01:43 AM
It's completely how deep it is. Look at the drop off from the starters to the bench. It's a huge drop off. Syracuse is not 9 deep, no matter how much you want to believe that. It's hard to be 9 deep when you only play 8.

And what you're arguing is just a number anyways. Of course 8 can be deep enough. EVERY team is 8 deep. It's about the talent.

And yes, Rautins sucks. He can't shoot. He can't do anything, really. When you've never come close to hitting 40% of your shots, you're not good at shooting. He can somewhat shoot from outside, but that's it. And if foul shooting is a problem, Rautins is part of that problem.

Comparing him to McNamera is crazy, as well. McNamera wasn't a great player by any means, but he brought more to the table than a sub-par shooting percentage, like Rautins.
That is just ridiculous. All of it.

Rautins is a shooter. McNamara was a shooter. They both don't have great 3 point percentages. They are similar. Only Rautins is bigger, a better defender, and a very nice option coming off the bench. Saying he can't shoot is just asinine.

Rick Jackson has struggled a little bit but stepped it up last game. He is a very adequate backup to Arinze.

Joseph has shown a lot here early on. He's very capable off the bench.

And it's 6 damn games into the season. You can't call them just 8 deep when Mookie may still play. He sure as hell is going to play in the next few games to show Jimmy what he's got. They will likely be 9 deep.