PDA

View Full Version : Boston and LA collision course situation, Which scenario is more likely to happen?

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Boston and LA collision course situation, Which scenario is more likely to happen?

Looking at the two teams, they look like the best teams in the league and appear to be headed for another collision course in the NBA Finals. 2 Scenarios within the last 10-11 years come to mind however.

Scenario 1) The 2 finalist from a year ago, end up with the top 2 records in the league and meet in the finals.
Example: Sort of like the Bulls and Jazz did in 1997 (where they had the top 2 records) and then in 1998 they were fighting for the HCA and best record and ended up meeting in the finals again with the two top records.

or

Scenario 2) Both teams end up losing without getting to the finals because they are in this struggle all year to get the best record.
Example: Pistons and Spurs met in the 2005 finals with the Spurs winning in 7. In 2006 both the Spurs and Pistons were in a struggle all year to get the best record. Detroit and San Antonio both won the most games in their franchise history, but both because of trying so hard to get the best record, ended up being defeated before they could even get to the finals.

With that in mind, which scenario seems most probable to happen this year?

innovator
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
lakers and cavs making the finals! haha

kingkobe
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
lakers and cavs making the finals! haha

Haha yeah where is Scenario #3? - One of them drops out..

Kabowdos
11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I think it's going to be harder for the Celtics to make it back to the Finals compared to the Lakers. Cavs look like they may be the best team in the league. Lakers are winning but look sloppy and Kobe is in a slump.

SouljahPhil...
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Yup jordan..add more options...like the other team makes it to the finals while the other does not...

marques724
11-24-2008, 01:15 PM
It is more likely one makes it. LA looks head and shoulders above everyone in the west. While I think Cleveland is right there with Boston.

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM
The Scenario isn't about if one of them makes it it is about if both will make it using Scenario 1 or if neither make it using Scenario 2. It's not to say only one makes it, but of the 2 scenarios, which one is most probable.

carter15
11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
if i HAD to choose one..id say neither make it...theres a lot of great teams out there in both conferences and its gonna be very tough to get to the finals.

Ty Fast
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
At the start of the year I picked a remach, but now it looks like Denver and Detroit could make the finals.

op12
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
At the start of the year I picked a remach, but now it looks like Denver and Detroit could make the finals.

since the pistons have dominated the celtics in their first 2 meetings. anyway, the 1st scenario.

cahawk
11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
They probably will meet again.
But Boston is not very deep.
And L.A. has by far the most talent & depth in the NBA but kobe does not seem to play well in defensive big games since Shaq...note last years NBA Finals & Olympics.

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM

:speechless:

JJ81
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Well, Lakers will be in the finals so I'll have to go with #1

GspLAL
11-24-2008, 11:48 PM
I think it's going to be harder for the Celtics to make it back to the Finals compared to the Lakers. Cavs look like they may be the best team in the league. Lakers are winning but look sloppy and Kobe is in a slump.

I doubt he's in a slump, hes jut not playing too aggressive which can be all planned out because A. the team is playing great and B. its early in the season so he has to save energy for playoffs, probably both.

Mad Balla 15
11-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Nets and Spurs will make it.

Zefflin
11-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Hahahhaha, this guy's awesome.

JC_
11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Hahahhaha, this guy's awesome.

lol

#1 is more likely but besides the last couple of games the Celtics have had to really fight for wins and if the season continues like that I don't see them making the finals.

lakerboy
11-25-2008, 12:45 AM

LA sloppy?
Lakers on a slump? :cry:

UofA
11-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Nets and Spurs will make it.

Are you joking?