PDA

View Full Version : Is Nba taking IP addresses into account for Allstar voting?

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Ok, they ask you to register, but they dont take the time to make you go to your Mail to have a Key to access the voting.

So you can vote, eliminate cookies, register with another false mail vote again, delete cookies register with another false mail vote etc etc etc.

So basically if the League is not taking the Computer Ip on account it can lead to some strange results.

For example lets say a group of 50 twisted geeks that know themselves on psd for example, decide they want to bother the league and select a random player to make the Game like say Sony Weems.

They also decide that for example Kevin Martin has to start for the west.

They just take turns and make 10 votes an hour by doing the Cookie elimination trick.

They vote for Martin all of the times and then they write in Sony Weems all of the times.

They do this for 10 hours a Day.

thats 10 votes for 10 hours = 100 votes by 50 people, = 5000 votes a day for Martin and 5000 write ins for Sony Weems.

60 days left for 5000 = 300000 votes.

Add that Kevin Martin surely will have some votes on his own by Sacramento Fans

Thats Enough to make their player go in, and subsequently fool the league.

So, do they look at the Ip?

They Should.

GregOden#1
11-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes you're right. The NBA doesn't check IP's when you vote. That's how Antoine Walker had the most votes among west forwards until the NBA caught on and deleted all his votes. They still havent fixed it, and sites are currently trying to get Marbury voted in.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I think Voting should be Removed and exchanged for this system.

People who attends the Arenas gets a paper to write their votes, they cant vote for own players. They select the starting five.

Then Players and Gms make their votes too, they cant vote for teamates, they select the 6th to 10th players.

Then the East Coach and West Coach select the two remaining slots.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 11:49 PM
If they dont check they should not delete walker votes.

Because if they do so they are going against the Democracy of it all.

Whats next, delete all Ming Votes and Yi votes because they come from china?

UofA
11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes they should

superkegger
11-24-2008, 12:12 AM
The NBA isnt a democracy...

NYMetros
11-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't really think it's a big deal.

I mean, what kind of person would actually take time out of their day to do that?

SAVAGE CLAW
11-24-2008, 12:32 AM
^i know quite a few already doing it to try to put Gasol into the Allstar.

Even an Spanish journalist gave the cookies "hint" to entice people to do so.

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 12:57 AM
^i know quite a few already doing it to try to put Gasol into the Allstar.

Even an Spanish journalist gave the cookies "hint" to entice people to do so.

I think I know one person in here who really wants Gasol in the All-Star Game :cool:

superkegger
11-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't really think it's a big deal.

I mean, what kind of person would actually take time out of their day to do that?

Agreed. Besides its not like there haven't been numerous cases in the past of NBA players filling out thousands of bLinkallots themselves.

A few years ago I was taking ballots from stores and filling them out myself," said Arenas, who is on pace to average a career-high 29.7 points per game. "I probably filled out 50,000 of them and I had like 52,000 votes that year. So to be voted in by the fans is just unbelievable. I have fans now and that's what it is. It means there are some Agent Zero lovers out there. It's just cool to see things now that I used to see happen for other players."

Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/25/AR2007012501574_pf.html)

Of course thats gil...but I don't doubt its happened on other occasions. Though 50,000 is probably an exageration.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-24-2008, 01:37 AM
^I want him but im not going to cheat.

LAKERS 24/7
11-24-2008, 02:13 AM
You really thought about this man

JJ_JKidd
11-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Im pretty sure computer freaks would figure out another way of countering it...

FlawlessKB24
11-24-2008, 03:29 AM
who cares as long as Yi gets your vote!!!

_Sn1P3r_
11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes you're right. The NBA doesn't check IP's when you vote. That's how Antoine Walker had the most votes among west forwards until the NBA caught on and deleted all his votes. They still havent fixed it, and sites are currently trying to get Marbury voted in.

Do you have a link of the results?