PDA

View Full Version : NBA Keeping An Eye On KG

phlp_bj
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
A number of teams have complained about Boston forward Kevin Garnett's antics recently, and the league has taken note.

Garnett has been going after smaller guys lately, including Jose Calderon and Luke Ridnour, and it's beginning to hurt his reputation.

"He's nothing but an instigator," one executive said of Garnett.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/11/22/2008-11-22_it_seems_warriors_gm_chris_mullin_could_.html?p age=1

unwantedplayer
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
jesus, the nba isn't the same anymore
i know he has really high intensity, but give him a break, how is it gonna hurt his rep?

jrice9
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
kg has been *****y since he won his ring

Hawkeye15
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
he has been this way since 1995. Funny, now that he is on the best team, and has so many enemies because of this, he is now being called out for it. Apparently, everyone loves a loser. They only start hating a guy when he starts playing for a team that whups your ***

torontosports10
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I found that too , since he won the ring he acts like a prick on the court

cmellofan15
11-23-2008, 10:36 PM
he has been this way since 1995. Funny, now that he is on the best team, and has so many enemies because of this, he is now being called out for it. Apparently, everyone loves a loser. They only start hating a guy when he starts playing for a team that whups your ***

:clap:

Pretty much sums it up.

Cassidy28
11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
What are we playing ***** ball?

WSU Tony
11-23-2008, 11:27 PM
jesus, the nba isn't the same anymore
i know he has really high intensity, but give him a break, how is it gonna hurt his rep?

KG hasn't been the same, and that's the point.

Part of what made KG special in Mini is dying every time he acts out. He thought of himself as an equal pre-ring, but clearly doesn't feel that way any more.

I'm liking Big Al more every time I see KG acting like an ***.

Kings Faithful
11-23-2008, 11:40 PM
nba is dead

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
He has been this way forever.

I still remember him going loco on Pau when Gasol was a rookie, yeah that same day Pau decided it was enough and Dunked on his Astonished Face.

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 11:43 PM
:laugh2:

Jose Calderon? Luke Ridnour? Man KG is really picking on people half his size...

If he punks (or should I say tries to punk) someone like Artest or Sheed or some real thug then I'd have more respect for KG. But not when he tries to act big against puny players who wouldn't raise a finger against him.

Seriously KG, the big boys are waiting for you.

BigEric
11-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I agree with both arguements. I wonder if the NBA is trying to get at KG because he is apart of a winning team, but on the otherside, KG has big a huge douchebag/punk since he's entered the league. The guy is all talk and no walk, remember that Anthony Peeler forearm?

Fury
11-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Jose Calderon? Luke Ridnour? Man KG is really picking on people half his size...

If he punks (or should I say tries to punk) someone like Artest or Sheed or some real thug then I'd have more respect for KG. But not when he tries to act big against puny players who wouldn't raise a finger against him.

remmember when Anthony Peeler snuffed him in the jaw in the playoffs lolll...werent they teammates in Minnesota?

madiaz3
11-23-2008, 11:48 PM

No, there's been an obvious change since the Celtics won.

Brew Crew
11-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Was it Jose Calderon that Garnett taunted 3/4ths of the way down the court but the puppet refs were to scared to call him out on it?

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Was it Jose Calderon that Garnett taunted 3/4ths of the way down the court but the puppet refs were to scared to call him out on it?

:nod:

rhjr06
11-23-2008, 11:52 PM

he was on the best team last year not this year...

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I wonder if Kg would be so cocky against someone 7,6 and Muscular.

BlondeBomber41
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
He use to do this against Steve Nash all the time when he was in Minnesota and Nash was in Dallas.

Nash does fit the pattern of small white guys though, so of course he did.

BostonWeedz
11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
People make it sound like he only picks on the little guys, but he talks **** the whole game to the big guys he's guarding every game; It just sticks out more when he messes with other players. I like it when he does that too, it's funny and I'm sure he's throwin their game off a little bit.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-24-2008, 12:16 AM
So, Nate Robinson is Next?

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 12:21 AM
People make it sound like he only picks on the little guys, but he talks **** the whole game to the big guys he's guarding every game; It just sticks out more when he messes with other players. I like it when he does that too, it's funny and I'm sure he's throwin their game off a little bit.

You think that's funny? I don't think anyone else other than Celtics fans think it's funny.

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Rudy Fernandez :)

GiantYankKnicks
11-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Remmember the fight with the Nuggets? I dont see KG picking on Nate

thephoenixson28
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't know why everyone is hating on garnett he talks stuff to everyone he don't care. When I see him playing against the suns I see him and amare go at it the whole game but they respect each other. I bet that everyone that's talking all this stuff about kg they would want him on there team, I know I would.

thephoenixson28
11-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Remmember the fight with the Nuggets? I dont see KG picking on Nate man kg will toss that little midget

lakersrock
11-24-2008, 12:38 AM
I brought this up last year and nobody cared. Since he's been more of a douche since winning, everyone is fed up. He's done this for years and I'm glad he's being watched. I'd LOVE to see him shove someone like Bynum, Dwight, Rasheed or even 6'7 Artest. He'd get *** raped and he knows it.....

rhino17
11-24-2008, 12:38 AM
garnett is a puss, always has been. he acts tough but ive never seen him say anything to a player close to his size

rhjr06
11-24-2008, 12:45 AM
he is a great basketball player and i would want him on my team but he does not treat the big men the same!!

shtimp7
11-24-2008, 01:03 AM
man kg will toss that little midget

get the hell outta here. nate will not back down. he'll get in his face and kg will get shooooook. i can see it so clearly nate havin like 6 guys trying to hold him back and kg jus backin away.
i love kg but i've started noticing it too. even his dunk celebrations are getting kinda old cuz he rubs it in a teams face even when theyre up by like 20.

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Nate will take down KG like he did to Yao.

LakerKB24Fan
11-24-2008, 01:11 AM
KG just acts tough but he's soft

kvrnm
11-24-2008, 01:15 AM

who wouldnt taunt that little ***** calderon

TMAC94
11-24-2008, 01:46 AM
get the hell outta here. nate will not back down. he'll get in his face and kg will get shooooook. i can see it so clearly nate havin like 6 guys trying to hold him back and kg jus backin away.
i love kg but i've started noticing it too. even his dunk celebrations are getting kinda old cuz he rubs it in a teams face even when theyre up by like 20.

i think KG is one of the most cockiest players in the game, just saying we are gonna win tonight isnt bad, but the way KG acts its like the boston celtics are unbeatable. I hope too see KG go against a guy like Shaq, Amare, Artest, Sheed, Big Ben even tmac would kick KGs *** :P

kntresistheheat
11-24-2008, 02:22 AM
Shoot, forget artest and ben wallace.....Let the detroit fans take him down:D

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 02:32 AM

Not really. There has been a change for the worse. He has almost been trying to live up to the hype of being such an intense player. Before he wasn't on a good team so he wasn't like this (crazy, insane), but now he has turned arrogant. He has been acting like an arrogant jerk early on this season.

Afridi786
11-24-2008, 02:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4ZbGmnmao

lmao....OWNED! Yeah....act like your going to do something and than back out like a puss.

NYC Alex
11-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Great player. But stinking it up for years, and not delivering like a player paid that well should have must have made him go crazy. The evolution of a douche.

BlondeBomber41
11-24-2008, 03:28 AM

lmao....OWNED! Yeah....act like your going to do something and than back out like a puss.

Thats classic, Anthony Peeler is a baller.

OY!
11-24-2008, 03:35 AM
I want to see somebody just kick his *** already. Then maybe that will teach him a lesson on picking on people half his size.

JermanJaysFan
11-24-2008, 03:45 AM
who wouldnt taunt that little ***** calderon

Apparently not KG again if Jose has anything to say about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5n5WNmzfOo

He makes a big play in his face then starts chirping him back.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 03:55 AM

haha. KG got jacked up.

Heres a good one too. Matt Bonner owns KG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10&feature=related

and do ya notice who actually gets at bonner, spree. lol...kg doesn't do **** until hes restrained and then he talk a lot of ****.

or when KG thinks hes all tough and sets a hard pick on zaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99aL8j4yyc&feature=related

and then later in the series Zaza doesn't back down and KG doesn't do ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsS-3j9sfg&feature=related

and here's kg being a real man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cwtL5tNTc

BoltLakerPadre
11-24-2008, 04:17 AM
KG's always talked too much, and what is he trying to prove, acting tough to a point guard, he's get 6 inches on the guy, talk trash to someone you're own size you wuss. I guess winning made him extra flamboyant.

codes238
11-24-2008, 08:57 AM
garnett talks **** to everyone, get over it... and yea he does pick on the smaller guys sometimes but then its their teammates responsibility to step in for them... im a huge raps fan but the fact that bosh or oneal didnt get in kg's face after he clowned on calderon doesnt really mean that kg is a *****, it just means that our players are punks... that probably has soemthing to do with the fact that everyone in the league still looks at the raptors as soft vaginas and why we wont be doing anything in the playoffs this year... that and the fact that anthony parker is our best swingman...

codes238
11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
i think KG is one of the most cockiest players in the game, just saying we are gonna win tonight isnt bad, but the way KG acts its like the boston celtics are unbeatable. I hope too see KG go against a guy like Shaq, Amare, Artest, Sheed, Big Ben even tmac would kick KGs *** :P

no offense but tmac wouldnt kick anyones ***, that guy gets inujured taking jump-shots let alone being in fights... also bobby jackson made him look silly a couple of years ago and he's half his size... tmac is about as tought as vince carter...

BIGpoppaRose33
11-24-2008, 09:37 AM
KG talks smack to everyone. It gets blown out of proportion when the person is smaller than him. Just because he's bigger than someone means he can't talk ****? You guys are ridiculous.. Everyone hates the bully but without them it wouldn't be any fun

innovator
11-24-2008, 11:03 AM
i just watched kg vs. calderon on youtube for the 1st time and now im really convinced that his a punk! and he didnt get a technical foul for taunting?!? garnett isnt liket his before in minny he doesnt taunt small guys... why dont you taunt and wave your finger on some guys like dwight,shaq,ben,jo,sheed and even mutombo

bostncelts34
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
lol, i LOVED it when he pressured calderon up the court. what the hell is wrong with being super competetive like he is. He is passionate about the game, and shows it 100% on the court. People/players need to stop being *****es. " ooooh kg yelled at me, what a meanie!"

bostncelts34
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
p.s.

love how everyone hates him now that he is on boston, and winning. Cause hes been doing these same things for years lol

Kaptain Kanada
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't really care if a player wants to taunt someone and gear up the intensity. It's annoying when the NBA looks the other way because its KG though. Wagging his finger in Calderon's face is obviously a technical foul.... just silly.

But yeah, KG got his ring, so now everyone notices him even more. He's always been a douche, just now his team actually gets coverage.

bagwell368
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
what a bunch of babies. Bird, Jordan, and many others have talked trash, thrown punches, whatever. If he crosses the line (and he swears a blue streak in games), or smacks someone, toss him out and fine him. IE handle it when it comes up and stop acting like beetches and look for troubles.

Everyone knows if the Celts old guys stay healthy they beat the Laker Euro trash and Kob-choke again.

kingkobe
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
p.s.

love how everyone hates him now that he is on boston, and winning. Cause hes been doing these same things for years lol

p.s

When you win everyone expects you to act like a winner. Not a punk.

When he was a loser no one gave a rat's ***** that he was crazy because his team would get owned in the game.

Now that he is a winner he needs to grow up and act mature. Which is why he's getting noticed more. "being in boston" has nothing to do with it.

A very good example of this would be Kobe. When he won everyone started noticing every small action of his. That's what happens. Kobe has now learnt to be great and so will KG.

As quoted in spiderman - "with great power comes great responsibilty". You can't act like an ***** anymore.

Sport
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Garnett is just like any player who has success, he ends being a **** sucker.

He was always a class act in Minnesota.

Kind of a shame, cuz he was one of the well liked guys in the league.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
this is a complete joke to me, why does everyone act like KG is talking trash to your family? People act like they want players to run up and down the court giving complements to the other team. This isnt a rec league, its the NBA with grown men, so get over it. Isn't this what makes the league entertaining anyways? Guys you can love and love to hate. Everyone just needs to chill out and smile;)

MassoDio
11-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Every person in here who is whining about KG talking smack must be children too young to remember the 80's and 90' basketball. There trash talking in EVERY game. Chuck person and Larry Bird used to go at each other. Magic, and Michael used to talk non-stop throught a game. Reggie Miller and Michael Jordon got in shoving matches. John Starks talked trash even when he was getting his *** hammered every play by Jordan. Ewing and Shaq talked trash throughout almost every game they played each other. The NBA is full of little girls now, who want to whine and cry about everything, and from the looks of it, the fans are turning into that too. This is a sport, not ballet. Smack talking is part of the game, and it should be. That's half the fun of it. And by the way, KG talks trash to EVERYONE. He and Amare go at each each other all game long. He has talked trash to Sheed, and Artest, and Duncan too. That is part of the basketball player he is. These comments made about him being a ***** for talking smack is exactly why David Stern needs to be fired, and a new commisioner needs to come into the league, as well as a new head of the players union. The game has become a game full of whiny *****es. And now the fans get their panties in a bunch when a player talks trash. Good Lord what happened to the NBA.

penuch
11-24-2008, 12:03 PM
A very good example of this would be Kobe. When he won everyone started noticing every small action of his. That's what happens. Kobe has now learnt to be great and so will KG.

I hope KG doesn't take is que from Kobe wouldn't want him to start cheating on his wife and sexually assaulting someone. I wouldn't really define that as great, but hey if you do thats on you.

innovator
11-24-2008, 12:10 PM
p.s.

but not waving your finger at someone who is bringing the ball down! which should obviously be a technical foul

innovator
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
what a bunch of babies. Bird, Jordan, and many others have talked trash, thrown punches, whatever. If he crosses the line (and he swears a blue streak in games), or smacks someone, toss him out and fine him. IE handle it when it comes up and stop acting like beetches and look for troubles.

Everyone knows if the Celts old guys stay healthy they beat the Laker Euro trash and Kob-choke again.

but they got a T unlike KG

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I came into the NBA forum because I wanted to create a poll asking if people thought KG was "soft" and such. A debate about this started in the Raptors forum with the following video as some sort of evidence:

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/9ac6bd1c2d139ffba96745b998e2453a

I don't think KG is "soft" and I don't think he has changed since joinning the celtics.

Maybe I can add the poll to this thread.

thephoenixson28
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
The guy shows emotion and he is a *** give me a break. I guess when mutumbo did the finger wag he was a *** to. Just get off kg's back just cuz he wins a ring he gets this bad image. I noticed its a lot of lakers fans that are saying that he is a *** do I sense jealousy.

gcoll
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
The guy shows emotion and he is a *** give me a break.
It's not the emotion. It's the whiny, trash talking type emotion.

It's one thing to get angry. It's another thing to act like a *****.

KG acts like a *****. Yells like a moron, and talks all kinds of crap that he never backs up.

kingkobe
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I hope KG doesn't take is que from Kobe wouldn't want him to start cheating on his wife and sexually assaulting someone. I wouldn't really define that as great, but hey if you do thats on you.

If you could only read. I said Kobe has "now" learned to be great. I was actually with you on dissing Kobe for the facts you mentioned. He let the fame get to his head but is NOW learning how to deal with it more maturely.

Way to be an a-hole.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I've always hated KG. He's always been the anti-clutch. He's always been tough when it didn't matter and he's always backed down. He's a pushover, always has been, but now that he's got his ring, he thinks he untouchable.

DJ CHACH
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
kg used to have my respect...now he has become the symbol of cockiness and getting away with anything he does...kg and his boys in beantown, talk alot yet hide behind the refs..btw look at kg when his team is down in the 4th quarter with like 5 minutes to go. first ull notice him go on a cold streak, and then ull notice his mouth is shut..he only talks when theyy are winning...i watched a knicks preseason game this yr when they played at boston, my knicks were getting called for the most ******** calls ever and kg kept on yapping yapping yapping...at the end when pat ewing jr ha d aputback dunk, kg was silent and walked over to his bench...not a word... if u wanna talk, then talk all the time, not just when ur winning

Afridi786
11-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I came into the NBA forum because I wanted to create a poll asking if people thought KG was "soft" and such. A debate about this started in the Raptors forum with the following video as some sort of evidence:

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/9ac6bd1c2d139ffba96745b998e2453a

I don't think KG is "soft" and I don't think he has changed since joinning the celtics.

Maybe I can add the poll to this thread.

lmao....nice KG nice...run away from him.

Joshtd1
11-24-2008, 03:08 PM
I dont even think people are that upset about JUST KG's trash talking. I think its the fact that he punks out anytime someone steps to him. If he is going to talk all the smack he does, and act tough, he needs to back it up.

The Peeler play is the perfect example, or even the Zaza incident from last year. Also the McDyess incident where he got pushed and then threw the ball at him I guess, but ran away like a little girl after McDyess came after him.

Kn1cks20
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm on the biggest KG fans on earth, but what he did the other day to Jose Calderon wasn't right. Trash talking is one thing, but to get in to a PG face like that is completly incorrect & disrespectful to the NBA, Toronto, Jose, and to the Celtics.

The celtics should of fined him 30,000 k (which is pocket change to him) so they can at least send him a MSG to him, that they wont let that **** fly, but than again we are talking about Boston.

I only added that last line in to throw some fuel on the fire!!! :-)

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
lmao....nice KG nice...run away from him.

He didn't run away, he stepped back a step or two then punched him. Then he got pushed away and separated.

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm on the biggest KG fans on earth, but what he did the other day to Jose Calderon wasn't right. Trash talking is one thing, but to get in to a PG face like that is completly incorrect & disrespectful to the NBA, Toronto, Jose, and to the Celtics.
I thought he should have been teched and it was stupid of him to risk giving away points like that because I believe it was a close game at the time or the Raptors were winning. But I don't see what was wrong with that.

Faneik
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
This thread is all about one fact in sports...Hating the champs.

When the Spurs where the champs, all I heard from NBA fans was:

"They're a dirty team!"
"They're boring. I fall asleep watching the Spurs."
"They make cheap plays --> Hack'a'Shaq"
"They're floppers."

Now that the Celtics are the champs, everybody hates them and their players.

"KG is arrogant, taunts small-sized players etc."
"Pierce is a fake injury artist, etc."

So...What is else is new around here?

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I dont even think people are that upset about JUST KG's trash talking. I think its the fact that he punks out anytime someone steps to him. If he is going to talk all the smack he does, and act tough, he needs to back it up.

The Peeler play is the perfect example, or even the Zaza incident from last year. Also the McDyess incident where he got pushed and then threw the ball at him I guess, but ran away like a little girl after McDyess came after him.

I'm glad he doesnt "back it up"...then he would be suspened for a long period of time and hurt the team...sounds like a lot of people in here want a street fight to go down.

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM

"They're a dirty team!"

I disagree I think Bowen can be dirty and I think the Spurs are boring. That has nothing to do with their success. And who says being boring is "hating"?

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm glad he doesnt "back it up"...then he would be suspened for a long period of time and hurt the team...sounds like a lot of people in here want a street fight to go down.

I am thinking the same thing. It seems players can't suddenly notice that what they are about to do is going to get them suspended and hurt their team.

KB24PG16
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM

sums it up for me:clap:

Kn1cks20
11-24-2008, 03:55 PM

"They're a dirty team!"
"They make cheap plays --> Hack'a'Shaq"
"They're floppers."

Now that the Celtics are the champs, everybody hates them and their players.

"KG is arrogant, taunts small-sized players etc."
"Pierce is a fake injury artist, etc."

So...What is else is new around here?

stop getting ahead of yourself and making excuses, no one said anything about PP or Ray Allen & they didn't even speak of KG skills what they did say was that he has been acting like jerk lately and the league should do something about it. He needs to get a smack of reality and understand that he can't be smacking people in the face or taunting PG's in the league.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I am thinking the same thing. It seems players can't suddenly notice that what they are about to do is going to get them suspended and hurt their team.

thank you!...someone who knows this isnt street ball!

Faneik
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
stop getting ahead of yourself and making excuses, no one said anything about PP or Ray Allen & they didn't even speak of KG skills what they did say was that he has been acting like jerk lately and the league should do something about it. He needs to get a smack of reality and understand that he can't be smacking people in the face or taunting PG's in the league.

"Making excuses?":confused: What for? I don't need and have no intention of making any type of excuses...

"No one said anything about PP?" --> I didn't mean in this specific thread, when the Finals were on, and after it, Paul Pierce was the #1 hated guy in PSD, due to the large number of Lakers' fans in these boards.

Faneik
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Regarding the 2nd option of the poll: "I think he is a soft player and a *****"

How come the best defensive player in the best defensive team can be called soft? Makes me wonder if the voters have the notion of what a soft player is, or perhaps they voted because they hate Garnett.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm fine with it not turning into a fight. But if you're going to talk ****, and do what he does, then don't back down anyone actually steps up. I'm not saying he has to fight anyone, I'm saying don't instigate **** you're not going to finish.

Jamesfrom818
11-24-2008, 04:17 PM
The smallest dogs bark the loudest.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm fine with it not turning into a fight. But if you're going to talk ****, and do what he does, then don't back down anyone actually steps up. I'm not saying he has to fight anyone, I'm saying don't instigate **** you're not going to finish.

so if its not a fight, how do you expect him to finish it?...would it really make him tough in your opinion if he was to just walk up to the guy and get in his face? Thats what I dont get in this thread, what do people want him to do? If he was to fight he would be labeled a punk but if he doesnt he is a *****. So what do you want him to do?

Tony_Starks
11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
KG's a punk straight up. He knows exactly who he pull that stuff on and who he can't. I've never seen him go at 'Sheed when he was in Portland. He never went at Shaq when the Lakers bounced Minny out of the playoffs. Dude reminds me of the guy at the park that talks trash the whole game to try to throw you off.

He wasn't even the difference maker in the playoffs, Pierce and Posey were.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:27 PM
KG's a punk straight up. He knows exactly who he pull that stuff on and who he can't. I've never seen him go at 'Sheed when he was in Portland. He never went at Shaq when the Lakers bounced Minny out of the playoffs. Dude reminds me of the guy at the park that talks trash the whole game to try to throw you off.

so in your opinion, what does he have to do to not be a punk? Fight at halfcourt?:confused:

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Regarding the 2nd option of the poll: "I think he is a soft player and a *****"
I used words that people were using to describe him.

Tony_Starks
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
so in your opinion, what does he have to do to not be a punk? Fight at halfcourt?:confused:

Not Being a Punk: Going at someone who is just as tough and strong as you are, instead of the other teams Point Guard.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 04:37 PM
so if its not a fight, how do you expect him to finish it?...would it really make him tough in your opinion if he was to just walk up to the guy and get in his face? Thats what I dont get in this thread, what do people want him to do? If he was to fight he would be labeled a punk but if he doesnt he is a *****. So what do you want him to do?

No, I'm saying he should stop starting ****.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Not Being a Punk: Going at someone who is just as tough and strong as you are, instead of the other teams Point Guard.

why do I feel like the Defensive player of the year just doesnt take on point guards? Besides if a point guard said something to him, he isnt allowed to say anything back?

BRADY4MVP
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM

will he be standing on a stool?

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
No, I'm saying he should stop starting ****.

taking emotion out of the game would be awful, it would be a bunch of robots on the court, players who talk trash make the game entertaining. So there are players you love and you love to hate.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM
will he be standing on a stool?

:laugh:

BRADY4MVP
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM

actually 'sheed and KG jawed all last year, but have respect for eachother's game..... maybe KG thinks that calderon is a clown

superkegger
11-24-2008, 04:50 PM
taking emotion out of the game would be awful, it would be a bunch of robots on the court, players who talk trash make the game entertaining. So there are players you love and you love to hate.

I'm not saying he needs to play with no emotion. Those words never came out of me. I'm saying don't do the **** he's done throughout his career if you're not going to back it up. Don't be an instigator if you're not going to finish it.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm not saying he needs to play with no emotion. Those words never came out of me. I'm saying don't do the **** he's done throughout his career if you're not going to back it up. Don't be an instigator if you're not going to finish it.

I dont think KG was doing that just to piss players off, that is what happens when he is pumped up, that is his emotion coming through. Some players hold it in and some show it, he shows all of it. That is just who he is, and I still dont get how anyone finishes anything in the NBA. All it is is trash talking unless you fight then get suspended.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
I dont think KG was doing that just to piss players off, that is what happens when he is pumped up, that is his emotion coming through. Some players hold it in and some show it, he shows all of it. That is just who he is, and I still dont get how anyone finishes anything in the NBA. All it is is trash talking unless you fight then get suspended.

the anthony peeler incident, the zaza incident, the bogut thing. he's institgating stuff that he knows he shouldn't do. then when peeler hits him back and zaza gets in his face, what does he do, pusses out. Thats what I'm talking about.

It's absolutely fine to play with emotion. I'm 100% ok with that. But if you're going to continually get in peoples faces etc...you know what its going to lead to, and when it comes back at you, he backs down. That's my problem. He knows his **** talking pisses people off and that people will retaliate. When that happens, he turns into a vagina.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
the anthony peeler incident, the zaza incident, the bogut thing. he's institgating stuff that he knows he shouldn't do. then when peeler hits him back and zaza gets in his face, what does he do, pusses out. Thats what I'm talking about.

It's absolutely fine to play with emotion. I'm 100% ok with that. But if you're going to continually get in peoples faces etc...you know what its going to lead to, and when it comes back at you, he backs down. That's my problem. He knows his **** talking pisses people off and that people will retaliate. When that happens, he turns into a vagina.

he pusses out?...so he would be a tough guy if he got in their face until the refs broke it up? Because thats all that ever happens. I'm sure he knows that it gets under the skin of the other players and if they can't keep their cool why stop?

_Sn1P3r_
11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone remember when Matt Bonner and KG went at it..

AFlagRules
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
He has to know when not to cross the line...Poor sportsmanship like he's shown recently shouldn't be tolerated. Now that he's won, he thinks he can talk down to everyone in the league because of his rep of being such a great defender and high intensity guy..But honestly, nobody want's to be hearing some guy swearing in your ear the whole time...Just play the game hard and keep your mouth shut.

Sort of turning into a Sean Avery..

Bob_at_york
11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Anyone remember when Matt Bonner and KG went at it..

I don't. I remember Bonner fouling him and KG wanting to start something but Bonner just backed off because he wasn't being malicious, he was just doing his job, fouling the guy.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 05:21 PM
He has to know when not to cross the line...Poor sportsmanship like he's shown recently shouldn't be tolerated. Now that he's won, he thinks he can talk down to everyone in the league because of his rep of being such a great defender and high intensity guy..But honestly, nobody want's to be hearing some guy swearing in your ear the whole time...Just play the game hard and keep your mouth shut.

Sort of turning into a Sean Avery..

I swear people think the nba is a rec league for 12 year olds. Suck it up, if the players dont like it so much then beat the celtics so he wont talk.

robdizzle3
11-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Pierce,KG and Allen have changed since they won the ring.All of sudden when Pierce wins the ring he goes on record forsayin he is better then Kobe and is the best player in the league.KG needs to stop being a bully to the little people of the NBA and start meesing with Shaq,Amare,Kenyon Martin, and DJ Mbenga.Bet money he wouldnt try them

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Pierce,KG and Allen have changed since they won the ring.All of sudden when Pierce wins the ring he goes on record forsayin he is better then Kobe and is the best player in the league.KG needs to stop being a bully to the little people of the NBA and start meesing with Shaq,Amare,Kenyon Martin, and DJ Mbenga.Bet money he wouldnt try them

because pierce having confidence is a bad thing:eyebrow: and I dont understand why KG can't talk trash to point guards...if they say something to him he isn't allowed to talk back? I didnt know there was a height limit to who you could talk to.

Joshtd1
11-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't. I remember Bonner fouling him and KG wanting to start something but Bonner just backed off because he wasn't being malicious, he was just doing his job, fouling the guy.

Yea Bonner gave him a hard foul, not trying to hurt him or anything, but Spreewell kidna went after him, and after that happened then KG tried to go after him if i remember correctly.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Yea Bonner gave him a hard foul, not trying to hurt him or anything, but Spreewell kidna went after him, and after that happened then KG tried to go after him if i remember correctly.

I dont get it, so what?

superkegger
11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I dont get it, so what?

Yeah, we know you don't get it.

NYMetros
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
It's not the emotion. It's the whiny, trash talking type emotion.

It's one thing to get angry. It's another thing to act like a *****.

KG acts like a *****. Yells like a moron, and talks all kinds of crap that he never backs up.

You have heard exactly what hes said to other players on the court? If not, then I have no idea how you know what he's said, or if he's backed up what he's said or not.

Raidaz4Life
11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Garnett is a punk and obviously has some security issues because he goes after smaller players... the entire Boston team is a bunch of punks.

Tony_Starks
11-24-2008, 06:25 PM

Pierce officially lost his damn mind. But back to KG i respect his intensity on the court but all that bully, fake tough guy stuff is pretty lame. The worse part is that some of his garbage teammates like Perkins and Powe adopt the same attitude. It's like WOW you guys really think you're good?

Raidaz4Life
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
because pierce having confidence is a bad thing:eyebrow: and I dont understand why KG can't talk trash to point guards...if they say something to him he isn't allowed to talk back? I didnt know there was a height limit to who you could talk to.

Oh please I guarantee KG instigates it and Pierce and there is a difference between confidence and Arrogance... Pierce is way over that line... If Kobe went around saying he would make MJ look like a little kid on the play ground because he could outplay him when he was on the wizards I guarantee everyone would be bagging on Kobe saying what an arrogant Jerk he is but since its Paul Pierce its just confidence?

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, we know you don't get it.

wow, what a mature and thoughtful arguement:rolleyes:you don't seem to understand that this is the NBA, not a street league, you consistanly have been saying KG needs to finish what he starts. So if you were the comish you would probably want a cage match in the middle of the court everytime someone talks trash. That is ALL the nba is, trash talking. The players that do "finish it" and fight are labeled as punks. So basicaly you want basketball players to be boxers. If you want to shut KG up then beat his team, and stop crying about it.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh please I guarantee KG instigates it and Pierce and there is a difference between confidence and Arrogance... Pierce is way over that line... If Kobe went around saying he would make MJ look like a little kid on the play ground because he could outplay him when he was on the wizards I guarantee everyone would be bagging on Kobe saying what an arrogant Jerk he is but since its Paul Pierce its just confidence?

I dont think pierce saying he is the best player=kobe calling mj a little kid.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:38 PM
he was on the best team last year not this year...

really? Who are the defending champs? And the Celtics schedule has been tougher. They are one win less than the Lakers. Let's see who ends up in the finals, and wins it all. That will tell the best team this year. Not the record 13 games in dude.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:40 PM
No, there's been an obvious change since the Celtics won.

not really. I watched him every season he played. He is still the same. ONly now he doesn't play with constant frustration.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Not really. There has been a change for the worse. He has almost been trying to live up to the hype of being such an intense player. Before he wasn't on a good team so he wasn't like this (crazy, insane), but now he has turned arrogant. He has been acting like an arrogant jerk early on this season.

I humbly disagree. You know you are talking to someone who watched most of his first 900 games, I don't have to remind you of that. Like I stated, nobody minds when he is coming up short. But when he is beating your team, now it bothers you. Or anyone for that matter, not saying just you

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:48 PM

you are so right, 18/13 don't help at all, including a 26/14 clincher in game 6. It's like he wasn't even there. Oh and he made Pau Gasol look soft, which everyone here is calling him.

jusscallmez
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Listen the guy shows heart and he is a tough competitor, but he is also a total A. WHOLE

BALLER R
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
he is a punk why isn't he doing that to guys like Artest, Ben wallace, O'neal, sheed

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I humbly disagree. You know you are talking to someone who watched most of his first 900 games, I don't have to remind you of that. Like I stated, nobody minds when he is coming up short. But when he is beating your team, now it bothers you. Or anyone for that matter, not saying just you

I have to say that sums it up

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
you are so right, 18/13 don't help at all, including a 26/14 clincher in game 6. It's like he wasn't even there. Oh and he made Pau Gasol look soft, which everyone here is calling him.

well said:clap:

cahawk
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Sour grapes.

And has there ever been a more punk move than kobe smashing defenders in the face or kick them when they are defensless?
I mentioned that for years or more before it started to be dealt with.

That went on for years before Stern started suspending kobe.
Defender would block his shot and kobe would throw his arm sideways & break their noses. kobe really felt like no one should be allowed to gaurd him and would routinely slap players and finally evolved into breaking noses of defensless players hung out after blocking his shot.

Next order of business, how about starting to call kobe for traveling when he goes up for a shot and then `after' coming down shoots or passes. I have seen NBA replays where the announcers are saying great shot while he has clearly come down again before shooting....this cheapens the NBA allowing this, it is a joke.

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Sour grapes.

And has there ever been a more punk move than kobe smashing defenders in the face or kick them when they are defensless?
I mentioned that for years or more before it started to be dealt with.

That went on for years before Stern started suspending kobe.
Defender would block his shot and kobe would throw his arm sideways & break their noses. kobe really felt like no one should be allowed to gaurd him and would routinely slap players and finally evolved into breaking noses of defensless players hung out after blocking his shot.

Next order of business, how about starting to call kobe for traveling when he goes up for a shot and then `after' coming down shoots or passes. I have seen NBA replays where the announcers are saying great shot while he has clearly come down again before shooting....this cheapens the NBA allowing this, it is a joke.

EVERY PLAYER SWINGS THEIR ARMS! Those were the worst and most stupid suspensions ever given out and you know that. Go on youtube and check it out my friend. There is a guy who has compiled loads of footage of different NBA players doing the EXACT SAME THING...except they didn't get suspended. Lebron James has a few for example. One where he hits Webber right on the face after shooting to try and draw the foul...No suspension. If anything, that proves that the NBA is actually stricter on Mr. Bryant. Get your facts straight.

thesparky33
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
He use to do this against Steve Nash all the time when he was in Minnesota and Nash was in Dallas.

Nash does fit the pattern of small white guys though, so of course he did.
Nash is actually a close friend of KGs... so I doubt any of the trash talk was serious...

You think that's funny? I don't think anyone else other than Celtics fans think it's funny.
Charles Barkley, Gary Payton, and countless other legendary players trash talked and taunted other players every game. You never see people call them out for that. Either ignore it or go home if you can't handle it. This league has gotten soft IMO.

Peeler got suspended for 2 games because of that, and Sacramento got booted in game 7 when KG took over the game singlehandedly... yeah, you're right... :rolleyes:

I remember watching that game, and how out of line Peeler was. KG talks trash but he never attacks a player unlike Peeler.

Everyone talks about how soft KG is, like they have any clue of how good of a fighter he is compared to other players. It's pretty comical.

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 09:00 PM
EVERY PLAYER SWINGS THEIR ARMS! Those were the worst and most stupid suspensions ever given out and you know that. Go on youtube and check it out my friend. There is a guy who has compiled loads of footage of different NBA players doing the EXACT SAME THING...except they didn't get suspended. Lebron James has a few for example. One where he hits Webber right on the face after shooting to try and draw the foul...No suspension. If anything, that proves that the NBA is actually stricter on Mr. Bryant. Get your facts straight.

oh god, remember the old Reggie move, where he would actually kick you in the stomach to create some contact, then flail all over the place? That Kobe stuff was not on purpose. He was just trying to pull a vet move to get to the line. I never had a problem with him doing that. When Bruce Bowen is stepping under you, you have every right to give him a little shot when you can

Raps08-09 Champ
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
KG's a tough player, super competitor but he is a mother****ing, B****-@s$ douche bag that needs to STFU cuz he thinks he be the best player but he is doing so **** stat wise. He aint even the best, kobe or bron is the best. And I cannot wait for him to be rejected, dunked on or he falls so hard from a crossover and he falls down.You know, Just for some player to teach the b**** a f***ing lesson that would make him stfu and would make him feel so embarressed that he cries and fakes a ********ing injury like that @s$-hole peirce and he leaves the game and waits till hes better before he comes back. Then I wish they would embarress him even worse after he comes back in the game that he leaves the arena and goes home to his house and tries to forget the game by watching tv but he cant cuz theyll be replaying the highlight and he'll be even more embarressed when they say that the play is the best highlight of the season and the player who embarrases him get an espn award or whatever kind of award for that play. and what would be even more embarrasing is if that player was a benchwarmer, some guy that no one knows or a crappy player like Joey Graham, Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, or whoever is from the charlotte team not named Augustine, Richardson, Wallace

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
oh god, remember the old Reggie move, where he would actually kick you in the stomach to create some contact, then flail all over the place? That Kobe stuff was not on purpose. He was just trying to pull a vet move to get to the line. I never had a problem with him doing that. When Bruce Bowen is stepping under you, you have every right to give him a little shot when you can

Exactly. It wasn't anything new. Plenty of shooters do the same thing. It was a vet move to try and draw the foul. It is especially annoying because I see other players doing this every now and then, but there aren't suspensions.

IndyRealist
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Shooters that kick their legs out to draw contact are now called for an offensive foul. I think they made it a rule this year.

This is not the 80's. This is not the 90's. The NBA is trying to clean up it's thug-like gangster image, hence the dress code for NBA players at team functions. The NBA is trying to prevent fights. Hence the rules against taunting and other unsportsman-like conduct. KG's behavior is out of date for today's NBA, you can't compare it to Bird, or Reggie, or even MJ. If Mutombo can't wag his finger without getting a technical foul, then KG shouldn't be able to get right into someone's face taunting him without a tech called. If they're not consistent in enforcing the rules then the rules don't really matter, do they?

And for the record, KG was always like this. Minnesota just had like 2 nationally televised games a year, so no one saw it. And they sucked, so the people who saw it didn't care.

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Nash is actually a close friend of KGs... so I doubt any of the trash talk was serious...

Charles Barkley, Gary Payton, and countless other legendary players trash talked and taunted other players every game. You never see people call them out for that. Either ignore it or go home if you can't handle it. This league has gotten soft IMO.

Peeler got suspended for 2 games because of that, and Sacramento got booted in game 7 when KG took over the game singlehandedly... yeah, you're right... :rolleyes:

I remember watching that game, and how out of line Peeler was. KG talks trash but he never attacks a player unlike Peeler.

Everyone talks about how soft KG is, like they have any clue of how good of a fighter he is compared to other players. It's pretty comical.

yes it has

Frrrrank!!!
11-24-2008, 11:35 PM
KG's a tough player, super competitor but he is a mother****ing, B****-@s$ douche bag that needs to STFU cuz he thinks he be the best player but he is doing so **** stat wise. He aint even the best, kobe or bron is the best. And I cannot wait for him to be rejected, dunked on or he falls so hard from a crossover and he falls down.You know, Just for some player to teach the b**** a f***ing lesson that would make him stfu and would make him feel so embarressed that he cries and fakes a ********ing injury like that @s$-hole peirce and he leaves the game and waits till hes better before he comes back. Then I wish they would embarress him even worse after he comes back in the game that he leaves the arena and goes home to his house and tries to forget the game by watching tv but he cant cuz theyll be replaying the highlight and he'll be even more embarressed when they say that the play is the best highlight of the season and the player who embarrases him get an espn award or whatever kind of award for that play. and what would be even more embarrasing is if that player was a benchwarmer, some guy that no one knows or a crappy player like Joey Graham, Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, or whoever is from the charlotte team not named Augustine, Richardson, Wallace

whoa, calm down now...jeez. Where is the love?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
whoa, calm down now...jeez. Where is the love?

He has it coming to him soon enough

madiaz3
11-25-2008, 12:40 AM

How has the league gotten soft with your logic when those players you mentioned got techs and KG isn't getting any now? All we want is some consistency.

UofA
11-25-2008, 12:56 AM
KGs a beast, other players need to stop *****ing and moaning

Lions #81
11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
The NBA and the NFL is starting to turn into a little girls game

god especially with the Pistons
god i miss big ben's defense

kvrnm
11-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Apparently not KG again if Jose has anything to say about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5n5WNmzfOo

He makes a big play in his face then starts chirping him back.

ok i take it you didnt watch that game, cus calderon folded under the pressure... an that was a REALLY SWEET PLAY BY CALDERON... he really schooled kg on that one hahaha. he didnt do ****

kvrnm
11-25-2008, 01:07 AM

this is ridiculously stupid.... you just mad cus kg tools bosh, and the raps are soft!!!!

PurpleJesus
11-25-2008, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpgB7cN12i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5h5N08k3_I

how can you hate on this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC2R1sqJDAc

when KG was with the wolves, i remember sitting courtside a couple games i heard him say phrases like get that **** out of here n-word, lets fight homo, go home white boy, hes been the same player in both cities, thing was in minneapolis, everyone saw him as this guy with all this intensity who couldnt win, in boston he is this ******* who beats people silly on the court and is still intense, therefore they dont like him.
KG has a fighters mentality he is to intense for his own good.

Raoul Duke_91
11-25-2008, 01:40 AM

This my friend is a great post. I think KG vs Sheed would look something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrSNzSkvi70
haha

kvrnm
11-25-2008, 01:43 AM
This my friend is a great post. I think KG vs Sheed would look something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrSNzSkvi70
haha

how?

cahawk
11-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Geesh, they showed a ton of replays of kobe hitting defenders in the face. And it was after the follow through, wild swings to the side and back...very evident.
Went on for years, only after some broken noses did Stern & NBA start reviewing the film and suspending kobe....Stern suspended kobe to different times.

ARMIN12NBA
11-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Geesh, they showed a ton of replays of kobe hitting defenders in the face. And it was after the follow through, wild swings to the side and back...very evident.
Went on for years, only after some broken noses did Stern & NBA start reviewing the film and suspending kobe....Stern suspended kobe to different times.

Only a laker tool would defend that type of punk violence.

This is one of the most irrational and illogical posts I have ever read. Not only is it mass exaggeration, but it is mass propaganda. For one, it only happened twice. Second, nobody broke their nose. Thirdly, Stern didn't suspend Kobe. Stu Jackson suspended Kobe, which shows me your ignorance on the whole topic at hand. Kobe was hit one two plays (he was fouled) and he tried to make sure he got the call by flailing his arms. When he accidentally hit them it was because they hit him from his right side so when the arms came down, it went directly on them and hit them. In all the years of watching basketball, I have seen this happen many times and this was the only time it caused a suspension. There is no way that is a coincidence.

Another interesting thing is that one guy actually compiled a video tape of players shooting motions because Stu Jackson deemed Bryant's shooting motion as an "unnatural basketball act." The guy showed TONS of video tape where NBA players (including Wade, Lebron, Kobe, etc) would follow through THE EXACT SAME WAY...and none of them would hit anybody while there were a couple that did (Lebron hit Webber, etc.). This shooting motion is in every game. Kobe and Lebron only hit those players for one reason...Their man was slow to get to them (or they were to quick) so their man fell behind so as they shot, instead of being in a position in front of Lebron or Kobe, they were to the side of them causing them to get hit by the hands going sideways. LOOK AT IT RATIONALLY FOR ONCE! Watch an NBA game my friend. You will see this happen all the time, whether the player gets hit or not. It wasn't vicious or malicious or on purpose. Those situations were unique because of where the opposing players were standing. Get over it. Everybody thought those suspensions were BS.

BTW--Why only call out Kobe for it when there are tons of video on youtube showing many players doing the same exact thing? Call out everybody and dole out the same amount of blame if you truly feel this way.

Bullsfan22
11-25-2008, 03:52 AM
lol@ the laker and timberwolf fans running in here agreeing with the thread happily.

shotblockershaq
11-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Its the traditional celtic bullsh@ getting into his head

G-Funk
11-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Kinda the same way that you feel about Kobe.

G-Funk
11-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Steve Nash
Jose Calderon
Luke Ridnour
Pau Gasol
Matt Bonner
Anthony Peeler
Zaza Pachulla
Antonio McDyess

That's quite a resume! Im sure that he didn't even expect McDyess, Zaza's or Peelers reaction to be that strong or he would have never done it. KG is a straigh baller, can play great. But he needs to start going after Tougher looking players. lol

Lakersfan2483
11-25-2008, 06:02 PM

Everytime I read one of your posts it's about Kobe, you are easily his biggest fan.

Hustla23
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah KG's been a real prick. I'd like to see him talk trash to Shaq whenever they play.

Picking on Jose Calderon , what a ***** wow.

Hustla23
11-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Steve Nash
Jose Calderon
Luke Ridnour
Pau Gasol
Matt Bonner
Anthony Peeler
Zaza Pachulla
Antonio McDyess

That's quite a resume! Im sure that he didn't even expect McDyess, Zaza's or Peelers reaction to be that strong or he would have never done it. KG is a straigh baller, can play great. But he needs to start going after Tougher looking players. lol

LOL It was so funny watching Anthony Peeler just jackhammer him in the face.

Hawkeye15
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Kinda the same way that you feel about Kobe.

I didn't like Kobe starting when he waved off Malone in the all star game. I thought that showed disrespect. As a person, I have no issue with Kobe. But I don't like him on the basketball court. Just my opinion, no need for a Laker fan to jump me, because it won't change my mind

Hawkeye15
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpgB7cN12i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5h5N08k3_I

how can you hate on this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC2R1sqJDAc

when KG was with the wolves, i remember sitting courtside a couple games i heard him say phrases like get that **** out of here n-word, lets fight homo, go home white boy, hes been the same player in both cities, thing was in minneapolis, everyone saw him as this guy with all this intensity who couldnt win, in boston he is this ******* who beats people silly on the court and is still intense, therefore they dont like him.
KG has a fighters mentality he is to intense for his own good.

Because my Wolves buddy, nobody likes a winner unless he plays for their team. I agree, he has been the exact same way since 1995. Not that his team stomps everyone, he is a punk. Who cares? He has his ring. He has moved into the top 20 players ever list. Anything they do now just adds to it. It would be interesting, if he wins 2 more rings, would he then push Tim for best PF of all time?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Because my Wolves buddy, nobody likes a winner unless he plays for their team. I agree, he has been the exact same way since 1995. Not that his team stomps everyone, he is a punk. Who cares? He has his ring. He has moved into the top 20 players ever list. Anything they do now just adds to it. It would be interesting, if he wins 2 more rings, would he then push Tim for best PF of all time?

So your argument is that he has been an @$$hole for 13 years? I agree, he has. One time in a pick up game some dude blocked my shot and screamed at the top of his lungs, "get that ***** outta here" So I punched him, knocked him to the floor, kicked him on the mouth and knocked out 3 of his teeth.

I know they cant do this in the NBA cause they will be suspended and fined, but that is the biggest disrespect a player can do on the floor. That is the same thing as ball hogging. You need that "look at me" moment to do the things KG does. And I seen you say you dont like Kobe cause he waved off a pick in an exhibition game??? LOL, what if he got in some players face every time he dunked on them or busted a 3 pointer in their face?

You are doing the exact same thing you condemn other people for doing, you love that player cause he played for your team, and you hate a player cause he was always winning.

Hawkeye15
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
So your argument is that he has been an @$$hole for 13 years? I agree, he has. One time in a pick up game some dude blocked my shot and screamed at the top of his lungs, "get that ***** outta here" So I punched him, knocked him to the floor, kicked him on the mouth and knocked out 3 of his teeth.

I know they cant do this in the NBA cause they will be suspended and fined, but that is the biggest disrespect a player can do on the floor. That is the same thing as ball hogging. You need that "look at me" moment to do the things KG does. And I seen you say you dont like Kobe cause he waved off a pick in an exhibition game??? LOL, what if he got in some players face every time he dunked on them or busted a 3 pointer in their face?

You are doing the exact same thing you condemn other people for doing, you love that player cause he played for your team, and you hate a player cause he was always winning.

I am not arguing. I find it comical that he was labeled as intense, and everyone loved him before he started beating everyone. Thats all. And Kobe wasn't on the team in the state I was born and lived in growing up, so KG gets a pass, just like your boy gets a pass for calling out your center, and demanding a trade 18 months ago. Understand yet?? And I never talk on the basketball floor myself, it does no good. How do I condemn others for liking their home town guy? I point out the bias, and you are doing the same, fairly. And one time in China, when I was in a full contact match, I knocked a dude out in the first 13 seconds. I have practiced fighting since I was a child, but I would never do it in a childs game like basketball, or in the street, good for you for knocking some guy out in a basketball game for swatting you.

Kaptain Kanada
11-25-2008, 11:46 PM
KG is a douche. An intense douche though. He's been pulling this **** for years, which is fine, that is his style.

The real problem here is that he's allowed to act like a douche without and kind of response from the NBA. If Sheed or someone else was wagging his finger around in a guys face up and down the court you know he'd get tecked up at least.... and possibly suspended.

The real poll here should be about Stern:

Is Stern a tough guy that likes intensity in games?

Or is Stern a douche that is scared of offending his star players?

Hawkeye15
11-25-2008, 11:50 PM
KG is a douche. An intense douche though. He's been pulling this **** for years, which is fine, that is his style.

The real problem here is that he's allowed to act like a douche without and kind of response from the NBA. If Sheed or someone else was wagging his finger around in a guys face up and down the court you know he'd get tecked up at least.... and possibly suspended.

The real poll here should be about Stern:

Is Stern a tough guy that likes intensity in games?

Or is Stern a douche that is scared of offending his star players?

the reason, is because KG is either screaming at himself, or getting in another players grill in the game. He is not screaming at the refs. That is how you get technical fouls. Many people seem to miss this. You can't get a T when you are beating on yourself, or screaming in the flow of the game just to scream. SHould he get more T's? Maybe. He got his fair share when he was with the Wolves. He got kicked out of some games. That is the way he plays, he is not personally attacking anyone. He would scream at a lamp if he had to.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I am not arguing. I find it comical that he was labeled as intense, and everyone loved him before he started beating everyone. Thats all. And Kobe wasn't on the team in the state I was born and lived in growing up, so KG gets a pass, just like your boy gets a pass for calling out your center, and demanding a trade 18 months ago. Understand yet?? And I never talk on the basketball floor myself, it does no good. How do I condemn others for liking their home town guy? I point out the bias, and you are doing the same, fairly. And one time in China, when I was in a full contact match, I knocked a dude out in the first 13 seconds. I have practiced fighting since I was a child, but I would never do it in a childs game like basketball, or in the street, good for you for knocking some guy out in a basketball game for swatting you.

It really had nothing to do with the basketball game. It had to do with him looking me right in the face and yelling at the top of his lungs. He tried to disrespect me in front of a lot of people. Just like KG does. And I think that is what Q Rich was referring to when he said they do a lot of talking but would not do that if they were not in a professional league. It is disrespectful. And I think he does it cause he knows they cant do anything back to him. I didn't like it when he was doing it when he was losing 50 games a season, and I really dont like it now. More cause he is on the Celtics, probably. But not the only reason.

Kaptain Kanada
11-25-2008, 11:55 PM
the reason, is because KG is either screaming at himself, or getting in another players grill in the game. He is not screaming at the refs. That is how you get technical fouls. Many people seem to miss this. You can't get a T when you are beating on yourself, or screaming in the flow of the game just to scream. SHould he get more T's? Maybe. He got his fair share when he was with the Wolves. He got kicked out of some games. That is the way he plays, he is not personally attacking anyone. He would scream at a lamp if he had to.

Are you kidding me??

You haven't heard of taunting technicals?? They are given out all the time. Just not to KG when he gets in a guys grill and waves his finger.

Man, you're being serious about only getting T'd up for yelling at the refs??

Hawkeye15
11-26-2008, 12:00 AM
It really had nothing to do with the basketball game. It had to do with him looking me right in the face and yelling at the top of his lungs. He tried to disrespect me in front of a lot of people. Just like KG does. And I think that is what Q Rich was referring to when he said they do a lot of talking but would not do that if they were not in a professional league. It is disrespectful. And I think he does it cause he knows they cant do anything back to him. I didn't like it when he was doing it when he was losing 50 games a season, and I really dont like it now. More cause he is on the Celtics, probably. But not the only reason.

well, if you didn't like him when he was losing, truthfully, then I can respect that. You have to ask yourself if you would really like (not respect, as I do), Kobe if you weren't a Lakers fan. I guess that is where I am coming from. And fighting solves nothing. I know you didn't feel better about yourself after you hit the dude. And if you did, you need to check yourself. Fighting is for self defense only. Fighting competitions are only sport, different animal.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Are you kidding me??

You haven't heard of taunting technicals?? They are given out all the time. Just not to KG when he gets in a guys grill and waves his finger.

Man, you're being serious about only getting T'd up for yelling at the refs??

I grew up in Minnesota bro. You aren't convincing me of anything regarding KG. He was the first franchise player we ever got. He lives to win, and can't stand losing. He is the most intense, hardest working player in the world. Does he have some issues? Yes. But I will always support him. Wade gets every whistle under the sun. Kobe gets named to the all defensive first team for barely being an above average defender, and gets call after call. **** happens. Get over it. And Rasheed??? Please. That dude lives to ***** at the refs. You know that is true.

Kaptain Kanada
11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I grew up in Minnesota bro. You aren't convincing me of anything regarding KG. He was the first franchise player we ever got. He lives to win, and can't stand losing. He is the most intense, hardest working player in the world. Does he have some issues? Yes. But I will always support him. Wade gets every whistle under the sun. Kobe gets named to the all defensive first team for barely being an above average defender, and gets call after call. **** happens. Get over it. And Rasheed??? Please. That dude lives to ***** at the refs. You know that is true.

Haha.. I think we agree more than disagree.

My point was that KG gets away with **** because he's KG. You know that the finger waving and taunting isn't allowed, just like other stuff isn't allowed. I'd like to see the NBA clean up the superstar-calls in general.. thats my point.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Haha.. I think we agree more than disagree.

My point was that KG gets away with **** because he's KG. You know that the finger waving and taunting isn't allowed, just like other stuff isn't allowed. I'd like to see the NBA clean up the superstar-calls in general.. thats my point.

agree with you there. I don't mind the stars getting the calls when you just have to flip a coin to get that call, but yeah, I think it should be more fair. But fans don't pay to see Robert Swift take a game over, they want Wade or Kobe

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-26-2008, 12:20 AM
well, if you didn't like him when he was losing, truthfully, then I can respect that. You have to ask yourself if you would really like (not respect, as I do), Kobe if you weren't a Lakers fan. I guess that is where I am coming from. And fighting solves nothing. I know you didn't feel better about yourself after you hit the dude. And if you did, you need to check yourself. Fighting is for self defense only. Fighting competitions are only sport, different animal.

Dont get me wrong, I like KG the player and the competitor. I dont like when he goes over board. I love Kobe the basketball player, I could do without his off the court stuff.

And I didn't feel good about seeing that guy bleeding from his mouth. I felt horrible. Nor was I in some way bragging about it tonight. I was just pointing out how infuriating someone doing that to you can be. KG has always disrespected his peers as you say. And I never understood why. He seems so humble off the court. There is no need to show up your opponent.

Kaptain Kanada
11-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Dont get me wrong, I like KG the player and the competitor. I dont like when he goes over board. I love Kobe the basketball player, I could do without his off the court stuff.

And I didn't feel good about seeing that guy bleeding from his mouth. I felt horrible. Nor was I in some way bragging about it tonight. I was just pointing out how infuriating someone doing that to you can be. KG has always disrespected his peers as you say. And I never understood why. He seems so humble off the court. There is no need to show up your opponent.

Thats a good point. He does seem pretty chill and humble off the court. I wonder why he feels its okay to show people up during the game?

cahawk
11-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Hawkeye15, I have noticed since the Celtic's won how harsh alot of posters have been on these guys, especially the stars KG & Pierce. I don't see them doing any different than before. While they give a pass to their stars like kobe, as you have noticed.

I don't like the taunting but I like the passion in players, it's a fine line sometimes.
I hope Boston has not let this go to their head because they are not very deep and several teams have more talent.

Last year at this time the posters were all in love with KG, I have not seen the plays that have been mentioned here. Hopefully, they are exaggerated or if not then someone needs to rein KG in because this sort of behavior would not be acceptable.
But what I have always seen is KG ranting at himself, which is not as bad as at others.

hdxstunts1
11-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes the taunting is stupid! But sometimes its needed! If they were smart a ref would've called the T and he would've been done with it for good but since they've let it slide now he will keep with it. It really messes with a guards psycological process if he has a 7ft man waving a finger in their face or saying some harsh words.