PDA

View Full Version : NBAs REAL superman

FOBolous
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
nope..it's not dwight howard nor is it shaq. It's Chris Paul. seriously...what doesn't this guy do? 29 pts? 10 rebounds? 16 assists? 3 steals? and a block? all while shooting 60% from the field and 80% from the free throw line? if that's not superman-ish numbers than i don't know what is.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
He is a stud, but superman is known for being indestructible. You think of that when you see the bodies for Shaq and Dwight. Paul does his magic with smoke and mirrors.

jrice9
11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Paul is more like spiderman

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
nope..it's not dwight howard nor is it shaq. It's Chris Paul. seriously...what doesn't this guy do? 29 pts? 10 rebounds? 16 assists? 3 steals? and a block? all while shooting 60% from the field and 80% from the free throw line? if that's not superman-ish numbers than i don't know what is.

You do know that those numbers level off throughout the course of the season right??

hotpotato1092
11-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I happen to know my superheroes so I'll make the comparisons:
superman: LeBron James. Indestructable. Fast, strong, no weakness. His kryptonite is bad teammates.
batman: Steve Nash. May not have the best skills on his own, but he uses what he has (his passing and shooting) to be one of the finest players in the NBA. If you think for a second he'd beat a guy like marbury one on one you're crazy, but he uses his skills to succeed in team ball.
the flash: Chris Paul/Dwayne Wade. I know Wade's nickname is the flash, but they both fit it so well. They both use their speed and agility to perfection, and have excellent all around games.
Spiderman: Ben Wallace. Complete loser everywhere he went until he ended up in detroit, just like peter parker was a loser until he got bitten by the spider.

but LeBron's superman.

goku
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
kg = green latern
yao ming = martain manhunter
wade = flash
lebron = superman
d12= hulk
shaq = the thing
cp3 = spiderman

MooseWithFleas
11-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Paul and Howard are my 2 favorite players in the league right now. They are so effin good

jrice9
11-23-2008, 10:12 PM
kg = green latern
wade = flash
lebron = superman
d12= hulk
shaq = the thing
cp3 = spiderman
why is yao martian manhunter?

rosesbulls
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Superman: Lebron indestructible.
Batman: Chris Paul A bunch of nifty tools
The Flash: Derrick Rose/ Dwayne Wade
Spiderman: Tough 1 i would say Brandon Roy The guy isnt fast he isnt that strong and he isnt mysterious but he gets it done.

rosesbulls
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
kg = green latern
wade = flash
lebron = superman
d12= hulk
shaq = the thing
cp3 = spiderman

:clap::clap::clap:

goku
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
why is yao martian manhunter?

his height is like a alien

FOBolous
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
You do know that those numbers level off throughout the course of the season right??

yea but it shows what he's capable of.

FOBolous
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
his height is like a alien

lol :laugh: :laugh2:

IversonIsKrazy
11-24-2008, 02:16 AM
A post player is - Superman
A wing player is - Batman
A pg is - Spiderman

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 02:21 AM
I happen to know my superheroes so I'll make the comparisons:
superman: LeBron James. Indestructable. Fast, strong, no weakness. His kryptonite is bad teammates.
batman: Steve Nash. May not have the best skills on his own, but he uses what he has (his passing and shooting) to be one of the finest players in the NBA. If you think for a second he'd beat a guy like marbury one on one you're crazy, but he uses his skills to succeed in team ball.
the flash: Chris Paul/Dwayne Wade. I know Wade's nickname is the flash, but they both fit it so well. They both use their speed and agility to perfection, and have excellent all around games.
Spiderman: Ben Wallace. Complete loser everywhere he went until he ended up in detroit, just like peter parker was a loser until he got bitten by the spider.

but LeBron's superman.

I'm pretty sure Lebron has plenty of weaknesses. He is an average shooter and a non-existent post-up player. Not to mention he is not a very good defender. Lebron has plenty of weaknesses, but he is dominant in his one area of strength, which is driving to the basket. He is a one-trick pony, but very good at that trick.

hotpotato1092
11-24-2008, 02:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Lebron has plenty of weaknesses. He is an average shooter and a non-existent post-up player. Not to mention he is not a very good defender. Lebron has plenty of weaknesses, but he is dominant in his one area of strength, which is driving to the basket. He is a one-trick pony, but very good at that trick.

LeBron a one trick pony??? Really??? That's how he averaged 30-8-7 last year? He scored all 30 driving to the basket every time right?

ARMIN12NBA
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
LeBron a one trick pony??? Really??? That's how he averaged 30-8-7 last year? He scored all 30 driving to the basket every time right?

Nope. It still doesn't mean he has weaknesses. Shaq was dominant and averaged 30, but had weaknesses. Of course, a wing player should be able to shoot, but Lebron hasn't learned that yet as well as defense.

BTW-- He shot an awful 35% from midrange last year as well as 31% from three. He shot over 70% from close-range. The shooting percentages pretty much proves my point. He gets his points from close-range; he hurts the team when he shoots outside.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
I think Chris Paul is more like cookie monster, cause he'll gobble you up. nom nom nom nom nom nom