PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Vs Western Conference

ShakeN'Bake
11-23-2008, 04:16 PM
In recent NBA memory the West has always been the dominant conference and viewed as miles ahead of the East. Do you still feel that way about the conferences or do you think the East has started to close the gap?

Here are the top 10 teams in the NBA (based of off winning percentage):
Lakers .909
Celtics .857
Cavs .769
Orlando .692
Pistons .667
Jazz .643
Rockets .643
Suns .643
Hawks .615
Nuggets .615

Here are the bottom 11 teams:
Thunder .071
Wizards .091
Clipps .154
T-Wolves .182
Bobcats .250
Memphis .308
Sacramento .357
Warriors .417
Pacers .417
Dallas .462
Bulls .462

Please realize I am not trying to say that the East is better than the West. I know and acknowledge that the West is still a better conference. Obviously just ranking the teams based off of winning percentage has some flaws because it is easier to get a W in the East than it is in the West but I felt like it was the only way to really give a fair representation of each team.

So like I asked before do you think the East has started to close the gap on the West?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-23-2008, 04:20 PM
In recent NBA memory the West has always been the dominant conference and viewed as miles ahead of the East. Do you still feel that way about the conferences or do you think the East has started to close the gap?

Here are the top 10 teams in the NBA (based of off winning percentage):
Lakers .909
Celtics .857
Cavs .769
Orlando .692
Pistons .667
Jazz .643
Rockets .643
Suns .643
Hawks .615
Nuggets .615

Here are the bottom 11 teams:
Thunder .071
Wizards .091
Clipps .154
T-Wolves .182
Bobcats .250
Memphis .308
Sacramento .357
Warriors .417
Pacers .417
Dallas .462
Bulls .462

Please realize I am not trying to say that the East is better than the West. I know and acknowledge that the West is still a better conference. Obviously just ranking the teams based off of winning percentage has some flaws because it is easier to get a W in the East than it is in the West but I felt like it was the only way to really give a fair representation of each team.

So like I asked before do you think the East has started to close the gap on the West?

There is a better way to at least have an educated guess. Look at the record between the conferences when they play each other. I dont know where to get that stat but I'm sure someone does. Someone posted the record earlier in the season and the East had beaten the West by a pretty good margin.

I think the East has improved. At least I hope they have. Maybe if the East can hand the Celtics a few more losses than the West can hand the Lakers, we will have home court advantage this time around ;)

goku
11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
its to early to tell but right now the east is better with all the injuries to west

ShakeN'Bake
11-23-2008, 04:42 PM
There is a better way to at least have an educated guess. Look at the record between the conferences when they play each other. I dont know where to get that stat but I'm sure someone does. Someone posted the record earlier in the season and the East had beaten the West by a pretty good margin.

I think the East has improved. At least I hope they have. Maybe if the East can hand the Celtics a few more losses than the West can hand the Lakers, we will have home court advantage this time around ;)

The east is 35-23 against the west this year.

haha...that would be interesting to see hopefully both of our teams stay healthy I would love to see a rematch.

Utah47Jazz
11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
West has better teams, East has the best team. And East has better players.

IversonIsKrazy
11-24-2008, 02:18 AM
its 2 early 2 say. but so far its hands down east.