PDA

View Full Version : NY and Washington should be removed from the league

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Washington and NY are pathetic and should be kicked out of the NBA. What has the league come to when you have teams tanking the season 8-10 games in? The Knicks started very very solid and then all the sudden they decide they would rather suck for two years and have a chance at Lebron. And Gilbert Arenas already talking about tanking to get a good pick. Theres no place for that in professional sports. This is becoming a problem in the league and we could see it happening at an alarming rate with 2010 aproaching. What can the league do?

KnickVeteran
11-23-2008, 12:34 AM
You got some nerve. Miami did the same thing last year. Now, don't let me talk about Miami now. I wouldn't say NY is tanking.

Like jayz said, "We don't believe you, you need more ppl"

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:38 AM
You got some nerve. Miami did the same thing last year. Now, don't let me talk about Miami now. I wouldn't say NY is tanking.

If you think that miami did the same thing last year you are :smoking:. Wade pushed through injuries for 50 games doing everything he could despite being injured. The heat even traded shaq to try and get better even when they had a pathetic record. The heat didnt tank last year until 55-60 games in when it was clear they werent going anywhere. The heat have never given up on a promising season just 12 games old. and ny tanked two years this time...

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
A little more:

Because Dwayne Wade was hurt? The Knicks are throwing away the remaining 70 games of this season and all of next year, and idk what tanking for the draft has to do with your lebron argument.

really. as I recall it Wade played through injury for 50 games and when it was clear that the heat werent going anywhere bc of some ridiculously bad injury luck then he shut it down and we gave up on the season. Miami didnt give up on a season that had promise...and they certainly didnt give up on two years after already sucking for a decade...

KnickVeteran
11-23-2008, 12:44 AM
You must be psychic. We're 7-6. Still have a winning record. With the added players, I'm pretty sure 'Antoni will have the boys ready to play competitive basketball. And, I don't even like the coach. Daleja, never had a problem with what you post, cus I normally come through your forum, but come on man, u can't really be serious. The season is still early, lets wait and see. I'm all for blowing up this team, but the right way. Was it the way I wanted it, no. If they're competitive, playing defense and winning games, then i'm fine with it, but if we only have like 20 wins, then of course i'm going to be pissed. It's too early to tell man. Just calm down. I will throw you a bone with this one. I don't agree with throwing away two seasons for 2010 which is very uncertain. The coach and GM still have playoffs in their mind, so they say...but until I see different, i'm rooting for this team to play better defense and making the playoffs. I can care ****ing less about a lottery pick, care less about lebron, wade, bosh, all those guys. I care about now.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:46 AM
You must be psychic. We're 7-6. Still have a winning record. With the added players, I'm pretty sure 'Antoni will have the boys ready to play competitive basketball. Daleja, never had a problem with what you post, cus I normally come through your forum, but come on man, u can't really be serious. The season is still early, lets wait and see. I'm all for blowing up this team, but the right way. Was it the way I wanted it, no. If they're competitive, playing defense and winning games, then i'm fine with it, but if we only have like 20 wins, then of course i'm going to be pissed. It's too early to tell man. Just calm down. I will throw you a bone with this one. I don't agree with throwing away two seasons for 2010 which is very uncertain. The coach and GM still have playoffs in their mind, so they say...but until I see different, i'm rooting for this team to play better defense and making the playoffs. I can care ****ing less about a lottery pick, care less about lebron, wade, bosh, all those guys. I care about now.

I am not a psychic but I just dont see how the Knicks can win more then 25 games after these moves. It is pretty clear to me that this move was not about making the playoffs this year. Obviously I dont think the Knicks should really be kicked out of the league...but something has to give. The league wouldnt be a very fun place if everyone was behaving like the Knicks...

Weezy
11-23-2008, 12:47 AM
You got some nerve kid.

Mike D'Antoni isnt tanking. He keeps saying we will make the playoffs. He coaching his *** our there and a Miami Heat fan is complaining about tanking? Please...get the hell out of here. I dont care if Wade is injured. You guys played scrubs for most of the season. Pat Riley went scouting after Febs deadline :laugh::rolleyes: Please just stop now, this thread is a disgrace and 100% pure disrespect to NY.

I also loved how before this season, people kept saying the knicks need to clean the house um ok now we did wtf is the problem? Isnt this supposed to happen? DONT you even remember who was our GM for the last 6-8 ****en years?

Foolish thread man.

LeBrowns
11-23-2008, 12:48 AM

After Dwayne Wade actually tried to carry that team until his body couldn't do it anymore, a little different then when its only 15 games into the season.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
You got some nerve kid.

Mike D'Antoni isnt tanking. He keeps saying we will make the playoffs. He coaching his *** our there and a Miami Heat fan is complaining about tanking? Please...get the hell out of here. I dont care if Wade is injured. You guys played scrubs for most of the season. Pat Riley went scouting after Febs deadline :laugh::rolleyes: Please just stop now, this thread is a disgrace and 100% pure disrespect to NY.

Oh I have no doubt that Dantoni and his players arent tanking...but Management is.

And the Heat played scrubs b/c of season ending injuries to wade, mourning, and wright and serious injuries to haslem and williams. The only healthy heat player last year was ricky david...ugh!

KnickVeteran
11-23-2008, 12:50 AM
I agree with Weezy with this one Daleja. Never had a problem with you, but this thread is bs. I do agree that this move wasn't about making the playoffs this year, but if we have a coach and I already said I don't like him, but we have a coach who's mindset is playoffs, then I'm thinking playoffs. It's about time we had someone to think big. This team can still make the playoffs.

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
10 games or 50 games, I think it is wrong to tank. Wastes the money of fans who buy tickets to watch the game...

KnickVeteran
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh I have no doubt that Dantoni and his players arent tanking...but Management is.

And the Heat played scrubs b/c of season ending injuries to wade, mourning, and wright and serious injuries to haslem and williams. The only healthy heat player last year was ricky david...ugh!

see, this is where I agree

Weezy
11-23-2008, 12:53 AM

Uh what? Donnie Walsh has stated RIGHT when he came to office which was April of 2008 that he is going to cut cap space for 2010 and still make this team compete.....Dont believe me? Research it. He said those exact words.

So what? Riley tanked that team, you still think thats fair? Based on your arguement right now thats not fair either. You guys should have gotten the 8th pick. Luckily you guys got the almighty Beasley. Dont make stupid threads dissin NY's management. We have gotten enough **** when Isiah Thomas was our GM.

How come you didnt say the New Jersey Nets should be removed also when they traded Richard Jefferson for peanuts? They are still competing just like us....the only difference is they didnt have Isiah Thomas in the past who had ruined the franchise enough.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Uh what? Donnie Walsh has stated RIGHT when he came to office which was April of 2008 that he is going to cut cap space for 2010 and still make this team compete.....Dont believe me? Research it. He said those exact words.

So what? Riley tanked that team, you still think thats fair? Based on your arguement right now thats not fair either. You guys should have gotten the 8th pick. Luckily you guys got the almighty Beasley. Dont make stupid threads dissin NY's management. We have gotten enough **** when Isiah Thomas was our GM.

and you think by trading your two best players for basically nothing helps them compete?

again. I dont think that the Heat tanked. They didn't do anything that purposely made them worse last year. They actually made trades to try to improve (see Ricky Davis and Shawn marion)

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:58 AM
How come you didnt say the New Jersey Nets should be removed also when they traded Richard Jefferson for peanuts? They are still competing just like us....the only difference is they didnt have Isiah Thomas in the past who had ruined the franchise enough.

andI did rip the nets when they made the trade. On the other hand they still havent traded their best player and got very nice pieces in return for their vets...

madiaz3
11-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Do you honestly think we're waiting for a lottery pick? We're still trying to make the playoffs, we're going to try every game and if we have a losing record so be it, that is NOT the same thing as tanking.

Weezy
11-23-2008, 12:59 AM
and you think by trading your two best players for basically nothing helps them compete?

again. I dont think that the Heat tanked. They didn't do anything that purposely made them worse last year. They actually made trades to try to improve (see Ricky Davis and Shawn marion)

Ricky Davis stinks. Shawn Marion is obviously nothing without Nash....you guys did get that expiring tho right? Im not hating on that at all. You guys can sign someone big in the 09 FA. Do you see us Knick fans complaining? Its called business my friend.

Dont I remember like 75% of this forum saying that this team(NYK) is worth garbage? Hmm? After last years 23 win season all these players had almost 0 value, very expensive contracts.

Now we raised their values up and traded it before the value goes down and you hating on that? Please "heat fan", try making another thread about the Knicks at least about our 90s rivaliry so we have something useful to talk about.

Testaverde16
11-23-2008, 01:00 AM
This thread is stupid.

And do you forget that the Cavs only got LeBron because they tanked the year he was drafted?

Weezy
11-23-2008, 01:01 AM
andI did rip the nets when they made the trade. On the other hand they still havent traded their best player and got very nice pieces in return for their vets...

They got nice pieces for Jason Kidd cause Cuban is an idiot. They got jipped of course. Show me the thread that you wrote about the Nets. I wanna see such a disgracful thread that you made about that trade and their "tanking" business.

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
If the Knicks weren't trying to prepare for 2010, they wouldn't deal out one of their top players for crap. They wouldn't deal out Jamal Crawford for an expiring contract (hmm...).

Just don't deny it. I would actually believe that they're trying to win this season if they dealt out Cheeseburger Eddy instead. But no, they gave up an uncommon 20/10 guy.

The Heat meanwhile, had nothing else other than Wade. He got injured, what do you expect? And they dealt for Marion late in the season, he can't do anything to salvage that team.

I don't even know why the Heat have such horrible players (no offense to the fans). Maybe because those vets from that championship team were all gone...

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
This thread is stupid.

And do you forget that the Cavs only got LeBron because they tanked the year he was drafted?

how does that make it right?

Weezy
11-23-2008, 01:05 AM
If the Knicks weren't trying to prepare for 2010, they wouldn't deal out one of their top players for crap. They wouldn't deal out Jamal Crawford for an expiring contract (hmm...).

Just don't deny it. I would actually believe that they're trying to win this season if they dealt out Cheeseburger Eddy instead. But no, they gave up an uncommon 20/10 guy.

The Heat meanwhile, had nothing else other than Wade. He got injured, what do you expect? And they dealt for Marion late in the season, he can't do anything to salvage that team.

I don't even know why the Heat have such horrible players (no offense to the fans). Maybe because those vets from that championship team were all gone...

Cheeseburger Eddy huh? What about Blackhole Zach? Dont remember him from last season do you? Of course all that fades away once Mike D is our coach. LOL its ridiculous....I hate Zach also and I am saying this. I wanted him gone from the start.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:05 AM
They got nice pieces for Jason Kidd cause Cuban is an idiot. They got jipped of course. Show me the thread that you wrote about the Nets. I wanna see such a disgracful thread that you made about that trade and their "tanking" business.

how bout this... are you going to actually tell me that tanking is good for the league. Forget about miami, ny, or anyone else and just look at the concept of tanking. Is tanking a respectable thing to do? NO. That was the point of this thread. TO point out that what NY did was disgraceful. For an orgination that use to have so much pride to have fallen so far is disgracful for the league.

madiaz3
11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
For ANY OTHER team you can argue we recieved "crap" but the point was we got players for the SHORT-TERM that would without a doubt fit the mold of Dantoni's offense and actually excel to the point of competition for the last seeds in the east.

The fact you call it tanking already is already you being under the assumption that we will not be able to compete. And I'm saying with those players and this offense, we will.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Cheeseburger Eddy huh? What about Blackhole Zach? Dont remember him from last season do you? Of course all that fades away once Mike D is our coach. LOL its ridiculous....I hate Zach also and I am saying this. I wanted him gone from the start.

I know everyone hated blackhole last year... but under dantoni he was an all-star. and to trade an allstar for 2010 expirings is clearly not a move to get better.

Weezy
11-23-2008, 01:07 AM
how bout this... are you going to actually tell me that tanking is good for the league. Forget about miami, ny, or anyone else and just look at the concept of tanking. Is tanking a respectable thing to do? NO. That was the point of this thread. TO point out that what NY did was disgraceful. For an orgination that use to have so much pride to have fallen so far is disgracful for the league.

Your changing the thread title my friend. You stabbed Washington and NY and now you are saying in general?

Of course I am against tanking but if the team still competes then its no problem. We are building up our talent in Nate, David Lee, Wilson Chandler core so I am definately happy for the young guys. Its about time we rebuild the RIGHT way....

Next time think before making your title threads. Im done.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Your changing the thread title my friend. You stabbed Washington and NY and now you are saying in general?

In general tanking is bad. NY and Washington are tanking. Thus Washington and NY is bad. The logic is not that complicated.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM

Of course I am against tanking but if the team still competes then its no problem. We are building up our talent in Nate, David Lee, Wilson Chandler core so I am definately happy for the young guys. Its about time we rebuild the RIGHT way....

But your not really. Is managment going to resign lee, chandler, and robinson? I cant see how...it will cut into precious 2010 money. They said just as much this summer to nate and lee when they didnt extend them...

Weezy
I know everyone hated blackhole last year... but under dantoni he was an all-star. and to trade an allstar for 2010 expirings is clearly not a move to get better.

OH WOW and ALLSTAR NOW?! OH MAN, your the first to say that? i thought the all star game was in FEB?! Dude, I know you dont like Zach, stop going between his legs all of sudden cause he is producing now under MD. Its funny what one coach change can do. We have been trying to trade Zach before the season even started but we got ripped off on our deals DONT REMEMBER? We had to give up OUR future 1st Rounder pick. **** that. We got better offers than the past so we took the chance.

You dont even realize how bad state of mind NY was in...

madiaz3
In general tanking is bad. NY and Washington are tanking. Thus Washington and NY is bad. The logic is not that complicated.

Except they are still going to be able to compete because they picked up short term players that will see a boost just as easily as Zach went from blackhole cancer to all-star-type. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Why do you keep ignoring that you can't be tanking if they are still in a position to compete?

NY is way better off than Washington at this point and likely will win 20+ more games than them.

Sports Illustrator
11-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Who said the Knicks will be tanking for two years? They acquired players who purposely fit under D'Antoni's system. Otherwise they would have just traded for expiring contracts and traded for crap. Each one of the players that NY acquired yesterday are certainly capable of doing big things. I can certainly make long arguments for each one of our players.

Knicks management (not only Walsh and D'Antoni) are commited to clearing salary cap for 2010 and at the same time bringing in players who fit D'Antoni's system in order to stay competitive and be able to enter the playoffs.

You can't even make the solid argument for the Wizards either. Its not like they are tanking purposely. You can see them playing very hard, but they have a lot of work to do and have come across many problems from last season to this season (which certainly shows in their record).

Weezy
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
But your not really. Is managment going to resign lee, chandler, and robinson? I cant see how...it will cut into precious 2010 money. They said just as much this summer to nate and lee when they didnt extend them...

Nate will prlly get extended imo(4-5 mill/yr, Chandlers contract alrdy runs past 2010....

David you got a point cause he asking a good amount. That is probably the next player to look at next in contracts wise. Same goes for Eddy

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-23-2008, 01:14 AM
We have a winning record 7-6

UNTIL WE HAVE A REALLY BAD RECORD LIkE THE HEAT HAD LAST YEAR THEN AND THENNNNNN YOU CAN TALK **** ABOUT THE KNICKS OK?

But right now we are doing fine, we lost two good 1 on 1 players and an air baller and didn't get any bad players back.

You know people are hating when we are doing things right ...

daleja424
Who said the Knicks will be tanking for two years? They acquired players who purposely fit under D'Antoni's system. Otherwise they would have just traded for expiring contracts and traded for crap. Each one of the players that NY acquired yesterday are certainly capable of doing big things. I can certainly make long arguments for each one of our players.

Knicks management (not only Walsh and D'Antoni) are commited to clearing salary cap for 2010 and at the same time bringing in players who fit D'Antoni's system in order to stay competitive and be able to enter the playoffs.

You can't even make the solid argument for the Wizards either. Its not like they are tanking purposely. You can see them playing very hard, but they have a lot of work to do and have come across many problems from last season to this season (which certainly shows in their record).

I can only go with the fact that Gilbert said they should tank and they are like what 1-11?

lakers4sho
I don't think any team is in a worse situation right now than the Clippers (except for OKC)...yet this still try to win, they managed to acquire both Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.

You don't see them tanking do you??

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Nate will prlly get extended imo(4-5 mill/yr, Chandlers contract alrdy runs past 2010....

David you got a point cause he asking a good amount. That is probably the next player to look at next in contracts wise. Same goes for Eddy

I think nate will need to be paid more then that with the kind of year he is having right now. Someone may even offer him a starting job (kinda like the knicks did with duhon)

Jonathan2323
11-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Do you honestly think we're waiting for a lottery pick? We're still trying to make the playoffs, we're going to try every game and if we have a losing record so be it, that is NOT the same thing as tanking.

You honestly think you can make the playoffs? Have you looked at the Knicks roster it is one of the worst teams in the league now.

Weezy
11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
I can only go with the fact that Gilbert said they should tank and they are like what 1-11?

Gilbert is a player who says a lot of stupid things....he isnt their management though.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't think any team is in a worse situation right now than the Clippers (except for OKC)...yet this still try to win, they managed to acquire both Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.

You don't see them tanking do you??

The clipps def arent tanking. They have a bad record but are doing everything they can to make the team better.... The knicks on the otehr had have a very solid record but seem to be doing things to lose. I dunno. Maybe I just dont understand these trades. But I find it hard to believe that the knicks will be better off with al, tim, and cuttino instead of randolph and crawford. I mean even if the KNicks end up with a .500 record couldnt they have done even better with the old team?

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Gilbert is a player who says a lot of stupid things....he isnt their management though.

so very very true

29$JerZ
11-23-2008, 01:23 AM
You honestly think you can make the playoffs? Have you looked at the Knicks roster it is one of the worst teams in the league now.

You shouldn't talk. The so called ''worst roster'' you speak of beat your healthy Wade team last I check(without Stephon,Eddy,Danilo,Jared,Jerome,etc) That's about 10 players without their best PG and C.

Don't go trashing our team when we beat you.

Sports Illustrator
11-23-2008, 01:24 AM

Gilber Arenas says what he says because he is an ego maniac. He reports this to the media because he believes that by saying this, he makes himself look really good in that the Wizards cannot do anything without him. That is basically what he was doing.

Their 1-10 record did surprise me, but like I said besides the injuries they have faced obstacles and when they are in the floor they seem confused for some reason. Very differently from last season when they also didn't have Gilbert Arenas. I wouldn't go as far as saying they do not deserve to be in the NBA when they didn't have a bad season without Gilbert last year.

29$JerZ
11-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Also Al + Tim make up for Zach's offense. Mobley is an upgrade defensively from Craw. We traded good 1on1 players for three veterans that fit Mike's mold better. How are we worst off?

Jonathan2323
You shouldn't talk. The so called ''worst roster'' you speak of beat your healthy Wade team last I check(without Stephon,Eddy,Danilo,Jared,Jerome,etc) That's about 10 players without their best PG and C.

That was the first game of the year. Wade was not playing good andwe had to rookies in the starting line-up. I would love to see your team beat us now.

daleja424

haha...u prove my point! The KNicks WERE good. You beat Miami with a HUGE game from CRawford. You then traded away your two best players... Its not inaccurate to now say that the knicks dont have much talent...

29$JerZ
11-23-2008, 01:30 AM
That was the first game of the year. Wade was not playing good andwe had to rookies in the starting line-up. I would love to see your team beat us now.

Wade was your leading scorer and we were playing a fast tempo for the first time wthout 2 of our best players so don't say you loss because Wade had an off day :)

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Wade was your leading scorer and we were playing a fast tempo for the first time wthout 2 of our best players so don't say you loss because Wade had an off day :)

to be honest the heat lost bc they were starting two rookies and the defense was horrible all night Since that game though the team has begun to figure out the defense and now have a top 8 defense...

a rematch would have been interesting... but now u traded the two players that beat the heat ...

29$JerZ
11-23-2008, 01:35 AM
haha...u prove my point! The KNicks WERE good. You beat Miami with a HUGE game from CRawford. You then traded away your two best players... Its not inaccurate to now say that the knicks dont have much talent...

Why isn`t it accurate to say we aren't a better team without Jamal+Zach?

Wiz played wonderful team ball w/o Gil last year, talent wise they weren't better but teamwork got them far.

NY because of Isiah has had a lot of selfish play, I look forward to seeing this team play as a unit instead of an 1on1 game. Jamal and Zach may be gone but we still have a team that competes and plays to win. Donmt say we are worse off untill actually seeing us play with them.

NYMNYRNYJNYK

wow, nice retaliation:eyebrow:

so, the biggest sports market in america should lose their basketball team, huh? so because the knicks make 2 trades to get under the salary cap, they have to be kicked out of the NBA. think before you speak.

$KnicksAndKobe$

Crawford is most effective playing 1 on 1, our system is meant for team play. Mobley is a much much better defender then Crawford which will help us.

Zach is also a better player playing 1 on 1, but I am tired of him taking fade away mid range jumpers and taking three point shots. Mike D made T.T good with his system and Al already know this system and will help.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Why isn`t it accurate to say we aren't a better team without Jamal+Zach?

Wiz played wonderful team ball w/o Gil last year, talent wise they weren't better but teamwork got them far.

NY because of Isiah has had a lot of selfish play, I look forward to seeing this team play as a unit instead of an 1on1 game. Jamal and Zach may be gone but we still have a team that competes and plays to win. Donmt say we are worse off untill actually seeing us play with them.

fair enough... can you agree that you got a lot worse on paper at least?

29$JerZ
11-23-2008, 01:37 AM
to be honest the heat lost bc they were starting two rookies and the defense was horrible all night Since that game though the team has begun to figure out the defense and now have a top 8 defense...

a rematch would have been interesting... but now u traded the two players that beat the heat ...

Haslem still killed us on rebounds and Chalmers + Beasly was alright.

I look forward to a rematch :)
With a better defender on Wade their should be no excuse for a poor game :)

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:37 AM
wow, nice retaliation:eyebrow:

so, the biggest sports market in america should lose their basketball team, huh? so because the knicks make 2 trades to get under the salary cap, they have to be kicked out of the NBA. think before you speak.

I hate when people jump in to threads late and dont read the other comments. I was very clear that I dont actually think the KNicks should be kciked outta the league...

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Haslem still killed us on rebounds and Chalmers + Beasly was alright.

I look forward to a rematch :)
With a better defender on Wade their should be no excuse for a poor game :)

chalmers was crazy. he had his career game in game 1. beasley was off though. I look forward to facing the knicks again. Hopefully one day soon we can have another heat knicks rivalry...those were the days

NYMNYRNYJNYK
i hate when people jump in to threads late and dont read the other comments. I was very clear that i dont actually think the knicks should be kciked outta the league...

it's late at night and i'm drunk as ****. What do you expect!?!

$KnicksAndKobe$

In a video game, yes

29$JerZ

On paper yes but hey look at the Bobcats
Raymond + J-Rich+ G-Force + Emeka yet they struggle to win dspite having an awesome team on pper.

What happens on the court on matters.

Jonathan2323
Crawford is most effective playing 1 on 1, our system is meant for team play. Mobley is a much much better defender then Crawford which will help us.

Zach is also a better player playing 1 on 1, but I am tired of him taking fade away mid range jumpers and taking three point shots. Mike D made T.T good with his system and Al already know this system and will help.

are you actually saying Cuttino Mobley let me repeat that Cuttino Mobley will make you a better team?!?!

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:40 AM
it's late at night and i'm drunk as ****. What do you expect!?!

haha.... well then... :cheers:

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:41 AM
On paper yes but hey look at the Bobcats
Raymond + J-Rich+ G-Force + Emeka yet they struggle to win dspite having an awesome team on pper.

What happens on the court on matters.

okay I will let this thread die for now... but I will bump it ina couple weeks in the knicks take a nose dive...

GiantYankKnicks
11-23-2008, 01:41 AM
are you actually saying Cuttino Mobley let me repeat that Cuttino Mobley will make you a better team?!?!

No but i think Harrington can be just as good as Randolph offensively in Mike's system

Jonathan2323
11-23-2008, 01:42 AM
okay I will let this thread die for now... but I will bump it ina couple weeks in the knicks take a nose dive...

lol

Jonathan2323
No but i think Harrington can be just as good as Randolph offensively in Mike's system

that may be true.

daleja424

ehhhh... isnt he still battling back problems? howd he even pass a physical...

$KnicksAndKobe$

AND do you seriously think we can make the finals with Zach and Jamal?

DID you seriously think we were good the day before we beat you with Zach and Jamal?

GiantYankKnicks
11-23-2008, 01:44 AM
ehhhh... isnt he still battling back problems? howd he even pass a physical...

He was BS'Ing the Injury because he didnt wanna play and Nellie didnt want him to play,He even laughed when some1 brought it up at the Press conference and said it was minor.

daleja424
AND are you do you seriously think we can make the finals with Zach and Jamal?

DID you seriously think we were good the day before we beat you with Zach and Jamal?

hahaha..... not even a little :D

I still remeber the heat boards talking about lighting up the crappy knicks...:rolleyes:

daleja424
He was BS'Ing the Injury,He even laughed when some1 brought it up at the Press conference and said it was minor.

good to know...

29$JerZ
Defense starts i the backcourt.
Duhon/Mobley/Chandler > Duhon/Jamal/Quentin

Jonathan2323
11-23-2008, 01:45 AM
AND do you seriously think we can make the finals with Zach and Jamal?

no and no. but you may have had a shot at the playoffs.

daleja424
Defense starts i the backcourt.
Duhon/Mobley/Chandler > Duhon/Jamal/Quentin

neither set will deter wade... but i mean its WADE :speechless::speechless::speechless: :D:D

29$JerZ
hahaha..... not even a little :D

I still remeber the heat boards talking about lighting up the crappy knicks...:rolleyes:

:laugh:

I was there, I remember.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:47 AM
:laugh:

I was there, I remember.

ever since the knicks game I have been yelling at people on the heat board everytime they say something like... "blah blah blah sucks...we'll blow them out".

NYMNYRNYJNYK
11-23-2008, 01:48 AM
mobley gives us D, harrington will florish under D'Antioni's system, and thomas (even though i will never forgive him for what he did with us last time) played in D'Antoni's system with Phoenix. It was a great deal since we also shed over $27 million in salary cap so we can go after lebron, bosh, wade, etc. It's gonna be just like j-craw and z-bo never left, excpet now we get mobley's D

now please close this thread. i got to find my hangover medication.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:50 AM
mobley gives us D, harrington will florish under D'Antioni's system, and thomas (even though i will never forgive him for what he did with us last time) played in D'Antoni's system with Phoenix. It was a great deal since we also shed over $27 million in salary cap so we can go after lebron, bosh, wade, etc. It's gonna be just like j-craw and z-bo never left, excpet now we get mobley's D

now please close this thread. i got to find my hangover medication.

nah dont close it... just lets all let it die. I wanna have the power to bump it in the future if I need to...:D

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-23-2008, 01:50 AM
no and no. but you may have had a shot at the playoffs.

Your missing my point though ...

Everyone though we will BE LAST IN THE EAST but we had a decent record with Jamal and Zach

Now everyone thinking we will BE LAST IN THE EAST but my prediction is "history will repeat itself"

innovator
11-23-2008, 10:37 AM
its their team let them do what they want

cheetos185
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
most knicks fan prefer build the team the right way rather than hope to get to playoffs and lose to celtics with that said mike won't let us tank nor do i want us to tank after the whole last year bull getting 1st pick

NYMetros
11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
The Knicks aren't tanking. That would mean they are purposely trying to lose games in order to get a high draft pick. They aren't doing that, they just got rid of some cap space with the clear goal in mind being getting LeBron in 2010.

That isn't tanking, it's called being smart. :shrug:

Hustla23
11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Wow this has to be one of the most horribly stupid threads ever created.

Daleja you are probably the biggest idiot hypocrite on PSD.

The guy whose team blatantly tanked to land Beasley is complaining about a team with a +.500 record trying to get under the cap and trading away selfish players for high IQ vets who would be a good fit under MIke D's system and when Mike D has clearly stated that "we're making playoffs" maybe atleast 14,000 times.

Dude get a life, seriously.

And just so you know, I hope we do tank. I want them lotto balls and talent to make it easier for King James when he comes to New York in 2010.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Washington and NY are pathetic and should be kicked out of the NBA. What has the league come to when you have teams tanking the season 8-10 games in? The Knicks started very very solid and then all the sudden they decide they would rather suck for two years and have a chance at Lebron. And Gilbert Arenas already talking about tanking to get a good pick. Theres no place for that in professional sports. This is becoming a problem in the league and we could see it happening at an alarming rate with 2010 aproaching. What can the league do?

U know what

We should have kicked Heat out of the league last season cuz they sucked like ****

And Knicks are pretty good. Theyre are probably gonna be better than the heat this season and would probably go to the playoffs

The wizards would have a better record this season than the heat last season

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:17 PM
We should have kicked Heat out of the league last season cuz they sucked like ****

They sucked big ones... but not becasue they didnt try. Wade played 50 games more then he should have last year trying to turn this team around. Even in the middle of the year when most hope was lost they still went out and got an all-star to try anf make them better.

And Knicks are pretty good. Theyre are probably gonna be better than the heat this season and would probably go to the playoffs

You are out of your ****ing mind! If you think this Knicks team id better then the Heat then you need to get your head checked.

The wizards would have a better record this season than the heat last season

what the hell is your point? The Wizards have two ****ing allstars. They SHOULD have a better record then the Heat last year.

MooseWithFleas
11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
If you think that miami did the same thing last year you are :smoking:. Wade pushed through injuries for 50 games doing everything he could despite being injured. The heat even traded shaq to try and get better even when they had a pathetic record. The heat didnt tank last year until 55-60 games in when it was clear they werent going anywhere. The heat have never given up on a promising season just 12 games old. and ny tanked two years this time...

ARE YOU ********?!!?!? THE COACH OF THE HEAT WENT ON HIATUS FOR WEEKS AT A TIME TO SCOUT COLLEGE PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEAR LORD. WHAT A HOMER. END THREAD.

I HATE the Knicks and I dont think they are "tanking". Who are they tanking for?!?!!? They are clearing space for the huge 2010 FA market.

madiaz3
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
They sucked big ones... but not becasue they didnt try. Wade played 50 games more then he should have last year trying to turn this team around. Even in the middle of the year when most hope was lost they still went out and got an all-star to try anf make them better.

You see the trade for Marion is inversely proportional to the trades we've done. Marion becomes less effective and puts up lower stats as a result from going from a system in which he flourishes to the Heat. Al Harrington and the rest of the players we have signed now go to a system where they were average to one that is more natural and caters to their strengths.

Once again, stop trying to put a nail in the Knicks season just because you think some of the players traded for are bad, just like people shouldn't have crowned the heat as a great team when they acquired marion and even the acquisition of beasely, because they aren't.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
ARE YOU ********?!!?!? THE COACH OF THE HEAT WENT ON HIATUS FOR WEEKS AT A TIME TO SCOUT COLLEGE PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEAR LORD. WHAT A HOMER. END THREAD.

I HATE the Knicks and I dont think they are "tanking". Who are they tanking for?!?!!? They are clearing space for the huge 2010 FA market.

Yes you're right. After the Heat had lost 47 of their first 58 games Riley did leave the team for two games to scout:

With the Miami Heat almost certainly headed to the NBA lottery, Pat Riley wants to see who might be available for the taking.

Riley said Thursday that "there's a possibility'' he will "miss one or two'' upcoming Heat games because he wants to travel to the various NCAA conference tournaments and start seeing players who'll potentially be in this year's draft.

"I'll be flying in and out,'' Riley said. "But I think right now, I've got to do that. I need to do that.''

He will not be stepping down as coach, and did not reveal who will lead the team if, in fact, he does miss games.

Major conferences begin tournament play next week.

Riley carries the dual role of Heat coach and president, meaning he's in charge both of the team's on-court work today and its direction for the future.

The draft will undoubtedly play a big role in his plan for reshaping the Heat, who won the NBA title in 2006 but now need a drastic makeover after losing 29 of their past 32 games and falling to a league-worst 11-47

I didnt realize that the 11-47 Heat had a a chance to make the playoffs. Man if only Pat Riley wouldnt have missed those two games we may have won it all. Really? Really? It was two games in an already lost season. And Riley was our Coach and President last year. Him coaching wasn't doing much for the team so he spent a couple days focusing on being president...

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
You see the trade for Marion is inversely proportional to the trades we've done. Marion becomes less effective and puts up lower stats as a result from going from a system in which he flourishes to the Heat. Al Harrington and the rest of the players we have signed now go to a system where they were average to one that is more natural and caters to their strengths.

Once again, stop trying to put a nail in the Knicks season just because you think some of the players traded for are bad, just like people shouldn't have crowned the heat as a great team when they acquired marion and even the acquisition of beasely, because they aren't.

The Heat traded a bum for an all-star. The Knicks trade 2 potential all-stars for bums. That may be over simplified. But thats what it comes down to.

MooseWithFleas
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
End. Thread. Now.

cheetos185
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
lol u guys could use a shaq right now ooops u traded him for a guys that has no future on your team :laugh2:

daleja424
11-23-2008, 02:20 PM
lol u guys could use a shaq right now ooops u traded him for a guys that has no future on your team :laugh2:

we sure could... but he refused to play for us. He faked injury and requested to be traded. why would we keep and 20 mil dollar player that wont play... Its amazing that we could even get anyone for him...none the less an all-star

oak2455
11-23-2008, 02:21 PM

LISTEN AS A HEAT FAN ITS GOTTA BE PAINFUL, ALMOST SUICIDAL ....NEVER GONNA WIN ANYTHING AT ALL NEVER.....BUT HEY YOU STILL HAVE THE MARLINS AND THE RAYS..AND REALLY NICE BEACHES:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

oak2455
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
lol u guys could use a shaq right now ooops u traded him for a guys that has no future on your team :laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh:[:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:[
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:[

daleja424
11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
LISTEN AS A HEAT FAN ITS GOTTA BE PAINFUL, ALMOST SUICIDAL ....NEVER GONNA WIN ANYTHING AT ALL NEVER.....BUT HEY YOU STILL HAVE THE MARLINS AND THE RAYS..AND REALLY NICE BEACHES:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

u do of course realize that they won the title a couple years ago right? and they missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003 last year...

Gilbert>TheRest
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
have you ever thought the wizards aren't tanking and they just really really suck....

Giaps
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
The IQ of this forum just dropped 20 points.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
have you ever thought the wizards aren't tanking and they just really really suck....

haha... I thought about it...but they were pretty solid last year without Gilbert...

Gilbert>TheRest
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
haha... I thought about it...but they were pretty solid last year without Gilbert...

ya but last year they had haywood

lol im defending my team by saying they suck

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
The Heat traded a bum for an all-star. The Knicks trade 2 potential all-stars for bums. That may be over simplified. But thats what it comes down to.

I dont get how you say the Heat traded a bum for an all-star. I'm pretty sure Shaq is playing better than Marion.

And Randolph and Crawford had bad contracts for players who would not lead anyone anywhere. What did you want the Knicks to do? If an opportunity came up to get rid of those bad contracts, you have to pull it off. Who is to say they would still have had that opportunity later on. What if Randolph blows his knee out and they are not able to trade him. That means they would still suck and have no hope for the future. The players they traded for are not going to win a championship, but neither was Randolph and Crawford. But now they have money to at least get some players who can get it done.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. Those guys needed to go sooner or later. The Knicks had to do it as soon as someone was desperate enough to take on those contracts.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I dont get how you say the Heat traded a bum for an all-star. I'm pretty sure Shaq is playing better than Marion.

And Randolph and Crawford had bad contracts for players who would not lead anyone anywhere. What did you want the Knicks to do? If an opportunity came up to get rid of those bad contracts, you have to pull it off. Who is to say they would still have had that opportunity later on. What if Randolph blows his knee out and they are not able to trade him. That means they would still suck and have no hope for the future. The players they traded for are not going to win a championship, but neither was Randolph and Crawford. But now they have money to at least get some players who can get it done.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. Those guys needed to go sooner or later. The Knicks had to do it as soon as someone was desperate enough to take on those contracts.

If you dont get it then you should do some research and not assume you know everything. Shaq was sitting on Miami's bench refusing to play and asking to be traded. He was a bum. If you don't know by now that Shaq is only productive when hes motivated then you dont know shaq. He gave up on miami and so trading Shaq for Brian Skinner would have been an upgrade for the heat. The fact that they got an all-star do it all SF was icing on the cake for getting rid of a lazy unmotivated 35 year old center who faked injury and refused to play.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-23-2008, 03:48 PM
If you dont get it then you should do some research and not assume you know everything. Shaq was sitting on Miami's bench refusing to play and asking to be traded. He was a bum. If you don't know by now that Shaq is only productive when hes motivated then you dont know shaq. He gave up on miami and so trading Shaq for Brian Skinner would have been an upgrade for the heat. The fact that they got an all-star do it all SF was icing on the cake for getting rid of a lazy unmotivated 35 year old center who faked injury and refused to play.

Yeah, I know all about Shaq, look at my name. I know how he can be. But you cant say the Heat traded for an all star. Marion did not even play last year for the Heat. And so far this year he is not an all star. Do you think the Suns were trying to tank by trading an all star for a bum? It seems to me the Suns wanted to improve their team for the playoffs. While the Heat wanted to acquire a guy that has a shorter contract then the one Shaq had. Hmmm, where has this happened since? Oh yeah, New York. But for some reason you think the Knicks are doing something that has never been done before. All you would have to do is look back to last year where the Grizz let Pau go to get an expiring contract. And then the Heat when they let Shaq go to get a contract that would expire a lot earlier. Its the same exact thing.

cheetos185
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I know all about Shaq, look at my name. I know how he can be. But you cant say the Heat traded for an all star. Marion did not even play last year for the Heat. And so far this year he is not an all star. Do you think the Suns were trying to tank by trading an all star for a bum? It seems to me the Suns wanted to improve their team for the playoffs. While the Heat wanted to acquire a guy that has a shorter contract then the one Shaq had. Hmmm, where has this happened since? Oh yeah, New York. But for some reason you think the Knicks are doing something that has never been done before. All you would have to do is look back to last year where the Grizz let Pau go to get an expiring contract. And then the Heat when they let Shaq go to get a contract that would expire a lot earlier. Its the same exact thing.

Thankyou :clap::clap::clap:

KB24PG16
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
are kidding that would never happen

mrblisterdundee
11-23-2008, 04:03 PM
The Knicks aren't purposely tanking to get a good draft pick. They're just saving money to get better in the future. Don't blame them; blame the professional sports system that is so dependent on money.
As for the Wizards, don't blame them for some dumb comments made by Arenas. He is a moron, and talks out of his *** on a regular basis. Last season he was saying that Washington had the best team, even after the Celtics trade. Washington shouldn't be kicked out, but Gilbert should have his mouth clamped shut with an iron patch. Why the league is at it, they should shut his blog down and break his fingers whenever he threatens to write something.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM

You are out of your ****ing mind! If you think this Knicks team id better then the Heat then you need to get your head checked.

what the hell is your point? The Wizards have two ****ing allstars. They SHOULD have a better record then the Heat last year.

The NY knicks are trying and Gilbert says alot of bs okay so dont beleive him when he says that the wizards are gonna lose on purpose

Knicks won more games than the heat without an allstar while the heat can barely past over the knicks with the so called "best player in the world" by you, and Marion and beasley. I thought they were gonna be the new big 3? I saw alot of people put that on their sig or theyve posted that they were the best new big 3. The heat's "big 3" should be carrying their team over the knicks team but theyre always tied with them or under them in rankings. The knicks best player is probably david lee or wilson chandler but yet they can still lead a team to a good record.

Arenas is in the same position as wade last season

and just cuz a team has 2 stars and can't carry a team to .500 does that mean they need to be kicked out of the league?

Then lets kick out all the teams that have 2 or more good players that are 500 or under

Dallas(Kidd,Nowitzki,Howard),Toronto(Bosh,O'Neal, Calderon),LAC(Davis, Kaman, Randolph, Camby), Philly(Brand, A.I, Miller), SA(Duncan, Ginobli, Parker)

Should we really kick out all those teams cuz they have 2 or more good player and cant go over 500?
No

Raps18-19 Champ
11-23-2008, 05:06 PM

****, I would give up on a team to who went like 12-70
And if I was marion, I would have faked an injury too
Remember Alonzo and the raps?
He didn't come here cuz the raps were ****
Shaq did the same thing cuz the heat were ****

daleja424
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Okay guys Ill stop doing this now... I am just mad that we are in the beggining of the 08 season and the entire media is focused on what the knicks are going to do two years from now for the 2010 season. Its frustrating. MY bad tho for starting this dumb arguement/thread!

Kn1cks20
11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
If the knicks were looking to tank the season they would of traded Randolph to the clippers in the offseason for a 2nd round pick and would have to take back any contracts in return.

Please wake up and smell the coffea....The knicks are still playing with heart and are going out there and fighting every game....go check out the minutes from the wizards game.

dont come here and disrespect this team for no reason!

they are getting rid of Isaih thomas.

But if they cut marbury and he goes to Miami, that isnt considered tanking because he is playing for your team. with all due respect bro....any other team can speak about tanking except for any Miami Heat fan!

Nets fan 93
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM

Peanuts? a young Big man and an expirer is not peanuts... At least we got young talent for RJ...

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Lets all sdfu, the OP already said sorry that he made a ****ed up thread

Now please lets not start with the nets ... ^^^

PurpleJesus
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
If the knicks were looking to tank the season they would of traded Randolph to the clippers in the offseason for a 2nd round pick and would have to take back any contracts in return.

Please wake up and smell the coffea....The knicks are still playing with heart and are going out there and fighting every game....go check out the minutes from the wizards game.

dont come here and disrespect this team for no reason!

they are getting rid of Isaih thomas.

But if they cut marbury and he goes to Miami, that isnt considered tanking because he is playing for your team. with all due respect bro....any other team can speak about tanking except for any Miami Heat fan!

dude, the knicks are strait up tanking, maybe not the players who enjoy going out and playing bball for a living, but the front office for sure,they trade their two top scorers shortly into the season so they can clear cap space for 2010? thats tanking at its finest

Kings Faithful
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
10 games or 50 games, I think it is wrong to tank. Wastes the money of fans who buy tickets to watch the game...

I'm against tanking and everything too, but alot of people would prefer their team to do it especially when Lebron James II is in the draft. It kinda hard for you to understand because i can't recall the last time the Lakers were in a position where tanking would be the best option.

Sox Appeal
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM

People keep on saying the Lakers didn't give the Grizzlies anything in the Gasol trade. Those people are wrong. They (Lakers) gave up a pair of first round picks (in years 2008 and 2010), two expiring contracts, and they also gave up guard Javaris Crittenton (who was a 1st rounder in the 06 draft), and Mark Gasol who's going to be in the running for ROY this season. So I don't think the Grizzlies where trying to tank when they made the Gasol deal. They realized they have NO chance to win anything with him on the roster, so they decided to trade him for some younger parts.

ink
11-23-2008, 07:09 PM
This has run its course.