PDA

View Full Version : Wade's Impressive Start

oldenpolynice
11-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Dwyane Wade is playing great right now. He's putting up LeBron numbers and leading the Heat in nearly every statistical category. Even blocks!

If there's any justice in this world, the Heat will win more games and he'll get his first MVP award at the end of the season.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/22/wades-impressive-start/

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
thats the problem my friend, the heat are gonna win more games
they will be better than last season, dont get me wrong

LeBron is the MVP

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Dwyane Wade is playing great right now. He's putting up LeBron numbers and leading the Heat in nearly every statistical category. Even blocks!

If there's any justice in this world, the Heat will win more games and he'll get his first MVP award at the end of the season.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/22/wades-impressive-start/

I say if the heat wins 45 games, he gets the MVP, it is apparent that the NBA favors lebron James. Lebron hasn't done anything, he has not won a ring, yet he is being labeled as the messiah. I say by Next year, dwade would be known as the best player in the league. he is going to single handlely beat the celtics in the first round of the playoffs. Mark my words..

BALLER71
11-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, I'm a Heat fan, but I did not know his numbers were that impressive.
Well, he's back I guess.

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Wow, I'm a Heat fan, but I did not know his numbers were that impressive.
Well, he's back I guess.

Miami is playing average right now, Dwade is playing great. They have shortcomings on the defensive end. I don't see them making it far in the playoffs due to their defensive shortcomings. Dwade should also be in the first or second All defensive team.

LakersOrNothing
11-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree Wade been playing AMAZING. But the league and media barely sees that. Media have their head up in LeBron and Kobes ***.

LeBron is going to win the MVP this yr. Wade has a good chance, but I don't think it'll happen unless they manage to win more games then the Cavs

daleja424
11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Miami is playing average right now, Dwade is playing great. They have shortcomings on the defensive end. I don't see them making it far in the playoffs due to their defensive shortcomings. Dwade should also be in the first or second All defensive team.

huh? They have a top 10 defense in the league... They are 8th in blocks, 6th in steals, 2ns in TOs forced, 10th in ppg allowed, and 12th in FG% allowed...

superkegger
11-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I say if the heat wins 45 games, he gets the MVP, it is apparent that the NBA favors lebron James. Lebron hasn't done anything, he has not won a ring, yet he is being labeled as the messiah. I say by Next year, dwade would be known as the best player in the league. he is going to single handlely beat the celtics in the first round of the playoffs. Mark my words..

absolutely now way. If the year the Lakers went 45-37 with Kobe putting up 35 a game, including 81 in one game and 62 in 3 quarters outscoring the mavs by himself, and having 27 games of 40+ points, doesn't win him the MVP, then clearly regardless of what numbers wade puts up, 45 wins doesn't cut it.

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
huh? They have a top 10 defense in the league... They are 8th in blocks, 6th in steals, 2ns in TOs forced, 10th in ppg allowed, and 12th in FG% allowed...

Yep you are right, i'm not disputing that. But they are not getting the stops when they need to get it. The reason why they are in the top 10 in all those categories you listed is because of dwade. Beasley is a liability on defense, Marion-average, Hanslem-average, Chalmers-average. D wade is the only reason they are in the top 10.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Yep you are right, i'm not disputing that. But they are not getting the stops when they need to get it. The reason why they are in the top 10 in all those categories you listed is because of dwade. Beasley is a liability on defense, Marion-average, Hanslem-average, Chalmers-average. D wade is the only reason they are in the top 10.

thats awfully untrue... they lost against the raptors last game b/c wade kept cheating off his man who had 5 three pointers in the second half... so u are wrong my friend...

MiamiHeat
11-22-2008, 05:02 PM
:sigh: I feel sorry for Wade
he will put great amazing unbelieving numbers
BUT the Heat won't win tons of games and won't be
top 2 seed team in the East.. unless somehow he becomes
the first player to win MVP without his team being at the top

daleja424
11-22-2008, 05:07 PM
:sigh: I feel sorry for Wade
he will put great amazing unbelieving numbers
BUT the Heat won't win tons of games and won't be
top 2 seed team in the East.. unless somehow he becomes
the first player to win MVP without his team being at the top

it wouldnt be the first time... just the first time this decade...

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
absolutely now way. If the year the Lakers went 45-37 with Kobe putting up 35 a game, including 81 in one game and 62 in 3 quarters outscoring the mavs by himself, and having 27 games of 40+ points, doesn't win him the MVP, then clearly regardless of what numbers wade puts up, 45 wins doesn't cut it.

exactly what I say in all these MVP forums. The award only goes to the top player on a top team, he doesn't stand a chance of winning it unless thr Heat are a top 2 seed in the east

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Maybe you have a point, but shooting 45 % doesn't cut it. Having 4-5 assists a game doesn't cut it. just because he shot 35.4 ppg that year doesn't make him the MVP that year. The year before (2004 -2005) the lakers won 34 games, they added +11 games the following year. If the heats win 45 games, that would be an improvement of + 29 games , even with Wade avearaging only 28 ppg. Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg 2005/2006 yet they only managed to win 45 games.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe you have a point, but shooting 45 % doesn't cut it. Having 4-5 assists a game doesn't cut it. just because he shot 35.4 ppg that year doesn't make him the MVP that year. The year before (2004 -2005) the lakers won 34 games, they added +11 games the following year. If the heats win 45 games, that would be an improvement of + 29 games , even with Wade avearaging only 28 ppg. Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg 2005/2006 yet they only managed to win 45 games.

exactly

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 05:11 PM
thats awfully untrue... they lost against the raptors last game b/c wade kept cheating off his man who had 5 three pointers in the second half... so u are wrong my friend...

Look here buddy, i'm not saying D wade doesn't have his own shortcomings but he is clearly the best defensive player on the heat roster.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Wade was my first pick on my fantasy team... everyone laughed. They ain't laughin now.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 05:15 PM
The MVP award, as wrong as it is, goes to the top player on one of the top 3 teams or so. I don't agree with that, but that is what happens. Wade's team will not win enough games for him to get it. LeBron deserved it last year. I actually think Kobe deserved it the year Nash won it, and Kobe went for 35-5-5. KG won it in 2004, but I actually think he deserved it more the next year, when Cassell and Spree checked out, and he carried them to 45 wins on his own. THat is the way this award has become. Heat fans need to stop this, they are only setting themselves up for dissapointment. And by the way, Wade will not keep up 2.5 blocks, and all these ridic stats. They will even out a bit. In 2002, KG, after 10 games, was like 31-17. Things even out over the course of the season.

Hustla23
11-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Wade's on my fantasy team :D:D:D

haha I love DWade <333

superkegger
11-22-2008, 05:16 PM

I'm not trying to argue that Kobe should have won it. I feel he should of. Oh well. Point is, he clearly had an amzing year, was the best player in the league hands down, and no one expected them to make the playoffs to start the year. Smush parker and Kwame Brown starting doesn't really lead to great expectations.

Not the point. Kobe had one of the best scoring seasons in the history of the NBA, and yet that's MVP worthy? What he did was downright amazing. But they only won 45 games, so it didn't really matter.

So if the Heat only win 45 games, there is no way Wade wins MVP.

Should that be the case, IMO no. I think thats stupid.

But its the way it is. Deal with it.

superkegger
11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
exactly

if winning more games than last year means anything, why wasn't kg, pierce or allen the MVP last year, biggest turnaround in NBA history.

We all know wade is great, we know that.

We all know the MVP award isn't given out in a just manner.

Live with it or you're going to be the new laker fans.

Jonathan2323
11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
exactly what I say in all these MVP forums. The award only goes to the top player on a top team, he doesn't stand a chance of winning it unless thr Heat are a top 2 seed in the east

i totally disagree. The HEAT were the worst last year if he can get them to a sixth seed, he could win it. If he has the numbers at the end of the year because he is playing the best basketball in the league right now.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
i totally disagree. The HEAT were the worst last year if he can get them to a sixth seed, he could win it. If he has the numbers at the end of the year because he is playing the best basketball in the league right now.

then imo, you are simply setting yourself up for disappointement. LeBron is having just as good a year statistically, and his team is winning more games. How does Wade beat that? If that is the case, how did KG not win it last year, when the Celtics set the NBA record for most win turnaround, and he was labeled the reason for that? Sorry dude, it will go to a top player on a top team, which is why I actually think Kobe repeats, unless LeBron can get the Cavs 55 wins

Master Mind
11-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow this topic seems to be a night and day issue...Not too long ago Daleja made a thread similar to this and everyone aside from a few practically condemned it...Anyway--Wade4MVP

daleja424
11-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Look here buddy, i'm not saying D wade doesn't have his own shortcomings but he is clearly the best defensive player on the heat roster.

at times he is hands down...other times he takes to many risks...

LakerzDQ
11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
if his team was better, he'd be in serious contention for the MVP.
this guy is a monster.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I really started to like D Wade this summer. But I think its Lebrons trophy to lose. D Wade would need to get the Heat at least a top 4 seed. Not sure if he can keep up this pace the whole year. He has to carry the whole team on his shoulders, I dont see him putting up these numbers for the whole season due to just being exhausted.

jimbobjarree
11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
wooo wade was my first pick in fantasy too and hes been great, i always believed in him!!

oldenpolynice
11-22-2008, 09:19 PM
wooo wade was my first pick in fantasy too and hes been great, i always believed in him!!

I'm surprised at the number of people on here who took D-Wade first in fantasy. He didn't even go Top 10 in any of my four fantasy drafts. Good thinking on your parts.

I have long believed that LeBron and Chris Paul should go 1-2 in any draft. But Wade would have made a nice #3 pick.

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
if his team was better, he'd be in serious contention for the MVP.
this guy is a monster.

How come LeBron can win with his supporting cast? He isn't surrounded by all-stars, to say the least.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
How come LeBron can win with his supporting cast? He isn't surrounded by all-stars, to say the least.

he didn't win it last year, even though he was statistically the best player by far. That is the point many are trying to make

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 09:55 PM
he didn't win it last year, even though he was statistically the best player by far. That is the point many are trying to make

But LeBron made the NBA Finals with a terrible supporting cast, and he made it far into the playoffs last year too. I don't see Wade doing that. So how come LeBron can make it to the Finals with a bad supporting cast and Wade can't?

haircanada
11-22-2008, 10:12 PM
man im surpirised
thought this was another homer thread by deleja
who would of guessed?

jimbobjarree
11-22-2008, 10:13 PM
But LeBron made the NBA Finals with a terrible supporting cast, and he made it far into the playoffs last year too. I don't see Wade doing that. So how come LeBron can make it to the Finals with a bad supporting cast and Wade can't?

wade has a ring so why should he care

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 10:37 PM
wade has a ring so why should he care

Yeah, it's great that he has a ring and all. But he did that with Shaq. Since then, Wade has had no success at all in the playoffs. LeBron has had success, despite having the same type of supporting cast (a bad one).

Bleeds Blue
11-22-2008, 10:56 PM
hes playing fantastically but there is virtually no chance for wade to get the mvp imo.

not only would the heat have to be a top four seed but he would also have to lead the heat ahead of lebron's cavs. he'd also have to stay injury free while keeping up these numbers all season. i dont see any of those four things happening. its lebron's award this year unless the lakers get close to 70 wins, then its kobe's.

the wade winning it this this year vs kobe of 06 is just dumb. of course the heat would will win around 30 more games this year. wade didnt really play last year. with the talent on the heat right now along with a weak east the heat should be expected to win around 40 or more games.

Lakers4ItAll
11-22-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that stuff

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM

chris Paul should have won it last year IMO, i guess the NBA felt like they had to give Kobe. Afterall all the sports pundits being calling him the best player in the league.

P-O-Z
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, it's great that he has a ring and all. But he did that with Shaq. Since then, Wade has had no success at all in the playoffs. LeBron has had success, despite having the same type of supporting cast (a bad one).

bro you are so stupid its not even funny, How can you say going into the playoffs and not winning a championship is a success.

Wade 1
Lebron 0

it is what it is stop hatin! :mad:

nastylikedwade
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
bro you are so stupid its not even funny, How can you say going into the playoffs and not winning a championship is a success.

Wade 1
Lebron 0

:clap::clap::clap:

oldenpolynice
11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
A ring is a ring. Simple as that. Nevermind supporting casts or co-stars or any of that junk. To win a championship is a huge achievement and Wade shouldn't be discounted for how he got his.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 11:28 PM
man im surpirised
thought this was another homer thread by deleja
who would of guessed?

only a complete moron would think that you have to be a homer to recognize wades greatest...

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 11:30 PM

Wade 1
Lebron 0

LOL. You must have misread my post. I said 'what has Wade done without Shaq?' The answer is nothing. LeBron has had much more success than Wade when they both have terrible supporting casts.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL. You must have misread my post. I said 'what has Wade done without Shaq?' The answer is nothing. LeBron has had much more success than Wade when they both have terrible supporting casts.

are you serious... wade had not played without shaq since his rookie year (where he took the heat to the 2nd round) until this year... In the one season he had no shaq he lead the heat past davis and the hornets as a rookie... what more do you want from him?

sportsobsessor
11-22-2008, 11:39 PM
dwade just got 38 points, 8 assists, 2 blocks today and he got 40 points last game....he's a beast..

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
are you serious... wade had not played without shaq since his rookie year (where he took the heat to the 2nd round) until this year... In the one season he had no shaq he lead the heat past davis and the hornets as a rookie... what more do you want from him?

Last year he only had 15 wins and started 49 games.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Last year he only had 15 wins and started 49 games.

ummm Shaq was with Miami for half the year, Wade played in a total of 13 games after Shaq was traded, and Wade played at 70-80% health last year... do your research...don't make blind claims

when wade did play last year not only was he unhealthy but he was playing with a team almost entirely made of d-leaguers... bron has never even tried that

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
ummm Shaq was with Miami for half the year, Wade played in a total of 13 games after Shaq was traded, and Wade played at 70-80% health last year... do your research...don't make blind claims

when wade did play last year not only was he unhealthy but he was playing with a team almost entirely made of d-leaguers... bron has never even tried that

That wasn't a blind claim, it's a legitimate fact that Wade had zero success last year. You can play the injury card all you want, but come on. Only 15 wins? A player of his caliber should be able to lead his team to more vitories than that, even if he is only at 80% health wise.

Still, this year should prove if Wade is capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs like how LeBron has done before.

And LeBron has played with d-leaguers. In his rookie year, where he led the Cavs to 35 wins.

daleja424
11-22-2008, 11:58 PM
That wasn't a blind claim, it's a legitimate fact that Wade had zero success last year. You can play the injury card all you want, but come on. Only 15 wins? A player of his caliber should be able to lead his team to more vitories than that, even if he is only at 80% health wise.

Still, this year should prove if Wade is capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs like how LeBron has done before.

And LeBron has played with d-leaguers. In his rookie year, where he led the Cavs to 35 wins.

wade being 15-36 is bad... but he couldnt do the normal d-wade things and he didnt have anyone to help him out...

...and lebrons rookie year he had Big-Z in his prime AND Carlos Boozer...so i dunno what you mean...

Fans in Asia
11-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Wade's form has been crazy all season, you can sort of predict it when you saw him in Beijing this year.

One twist is, what if Lakers won 65+ games, then the MVP may not be LBJ to lose.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

barreleffact
11-23-2008, 12:38 AM
The MVP goes to kobe if they win about 65 games or more

Lebron if they win 55+ and Kobe wins 60 or less

Wade....i cant see him getting it because he wont have a top 4 team.

However, ppl rly should stop comparing Wade w/o Shaq to Lebron. Wade played 1 healthy season w/o shaq and went to the 2nd round and pushed the best team at the time to 6 games....as a ROOKIE!!!! Last year doesnt count at all. the man was mangled. he was so injured he wouldnt even use his off hand for lay-ups usually, he lacked much of his explosiveness, and his dunks were few and far between. Lebron's going to the finals was teh biggest fluke in my memory. He had teh best seedings like ever. The wizards who werent healyth(and who he beat the year b4), teh nets following them(really...the nets at that time were garbage), and the only competition he played was the pistons. he shot 35% during that series so his team def helped him out. and teh series after, he got swept!!!! Please, never degrade wade by comparing him to lebron's lucky seeding. It came down to the last game of teh year and the bulls lost so lebron got the number 2 seed. regardless Wade has won multiple times...
rookie- 2nd round
2nd season- 3rd(shouldve been finals but he wasnt healthy)
3rd- finals MVP
4th- injured and still playoffs
5- injured

Lebron 1st- missed
2nd-missed
3rd- 2nd round
4th- final sweep
5- 2nd round

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM

A lot of people are really underrating the "other" Cavs

Zydrunas Ilgauskas was definitely younger and better 2-3 years ago
Larry Hughes was putting up good numbers and was healthy the majority of the season
Drew Gooden was actually something and averaged almost a double double
Sasha Pavlovic and Donyell Marshall were crucial off the bench because of their 3 point shooting
Daniel Gibson had his breakout season and was a crucial player during the CLE-DET series

On the other hand, other than the Heat starters, none of the other players would even make it into the lineup of a average - above average team.

Chris Quinn? Daequan Cook? Yakhouba Diawara? They're almost D-Leaguers, 10th-12th man at best on other teams equal or better than the Heat...

11-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Miami Heat are poo

NYMetros
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
A lot of people are really underrating the "other" Cavs

Zydrunas Ilgauskas was definitely younger and better 2-3 years ago
Larry Hughes was putting up good numbers and was healthy the majority of the season
Drew Gooden was actually something and averaged almost a double double
Sasha Pavlovic and Donyell Marshall were crucial off the bench because of their 3 point shooting
Daniel Gibson had his breakout season and was a crucial player during the CLE-DET series

On the other hand, other than the Heat starters, none of the other players would even make it into the lineup of a average - above average team.

Chris Quinn? Daequan Cook? Yakhouba Diawara? They're almost D-Leaguers, 10th-12th man at best on other teams equal or better than the Heat...

Almost all of the Cavs guys you named were putting up good stats because of LeBron. LeBron set up Sasha and Gibson for wide open 3 pointers on every play.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Almost all of the Cavs guys you named were putting up good stats because of LeBron. LeBron set up Sasha and Gibson for wide open 3 pointers on every play.

....and wade sets up cook and diawara for good 3s all the time...Its not his fault they are shooting 8% from the field...

uchiha
11-23-2008, 12:51 AM

that shows that you know absolutely nothing about the Heat

daleja424
11-23-2008, 12:53 AM
that shows that you know absolutely nothing about the Heat

actually I kinda agree except Quinn. Diawara is not very good at all, and cook cant hit a shot to save his life. And Anthony is our only big man off the bench and he isnt anything more then a 14th man on most teams..

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 12:54 AM
OK Chris Quinn might be playing decent (I haven't seen that much Heat games this season), the Heat is still a 6-7 man team. The other players are just garbage.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
OK Chris Quinn might be playing decent (I haven't seen that much Heat games this season), the Heat is still a 6-7 man team. The other players are just garbage.

thats not entirely true...the bench is just unhealthy. At full strength the team will have guys like mourning, wright, and james jones back in the rotation. The bench is just really injured right now

oldenpolynice
11-23-2008, 03:37 AM
thats not entirely true...the bench is just unhealthy. At full strength the team will have guys like mourning, wright, and james jones back in the rotation. The bench is just really injured right now

James Jones coming back should help them out quite a bit. He's a brilliant outside shooter. Mourning is not someone to count on. Wright is ok.

Litchris12
11-23-2008, 05:05 AM
In my opinion no one has seen the heat really play yet. They are always injury prone. Wait till james jones and magloire come back and see how they play yet. To me miami has a playoff squad right now. If james jones was playing right now they wud be more than a .500 team trust me. He wud have been raining threes. Wait till he comes back. I can't wait. James jones and magloire are the x factors. There 7-6 right now. They win and game and lose a game. That's how they gonna be untill they make a big trade that does not involves shawn marion. Miami needs this guy. What I wud do is try to upgrade the center position. I wud try to package blount and marcus backs for a brad miller (who is on the block) or a chris kaman type of player. I'm tellling you ppl have faith in the heat. James jones is not playing. Miami isn't healthy

DQL
11-23-2008, 06:37 AM
James Jones coming back should help them out quite a bit. He's a brilliant outside shooter. Mourning is not someone to count on. Wright is ok.

that's incorrect. Mourning has led the league in blocks per 48 min for 3 straight years. He's our best defensive player, the big man we are lacking right now. He's still one of the best defensive big men in the league

MilfHunter07
11-23-2008, 11:18 AM
chris Paul should have won it last year IMO, i guess the NBA felt like they had to give Kobe. Afterall all the sports pundits being calling him the best player in the league.

Yeah Kobe shouldn't of won it last year. It should of been Chris Paul he lead a team that no one thought wouldn't even make the playoffs into the playoffs.

superkegger
11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
that's incorrect. Mourning has led the league in blocks per 48 min for 3 straight years. He's our best defensive player, the big man we are lacking right now. He's still one of the best defensive big men in the league

I don't think he's doubting mourning's ability. I think hes doubting the fact that he's going to return.

MiamiHeat
11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
mvp mvp mvp!

DQL
11-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't think he's doubting mourning's ability. I think hes doubting the fact that he's going to return.

he definitely will return. He said he didn't want to end his career like that. Plus he hasn't filed for retirement yet.

daleja424
11-23-2008, 01:32 PM
he definitely will return. He said he didn't want to end his career like that. Plus he hasn't filed for retirement yet.

he has also said many times he is ahead of schedule

Shaq back 2 L.A
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM
kobe will repeat because the lakers will win 73 games

daleja424
11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I think that KObe will be less responsible for the lakers winning 73 then lebron will be for the cavs winning 58 or the heat winning 48...

barreleffact
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I think that KObe will be less responsible for the lakers winning 73 then lebron will be for the cavs winning 58 or the heat winning 48...

I doubt that. maybe statistically, but not leadership wise. If they get 73 games(lol)....obe has to have been doing something right thats is affecting the entire team. You HAVE to reward the best player on the team with the best record ever.

Ansy
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Lebron and CP3 both have numbers similarly impressive to Wade's. Both will be on teams that win more games. Wade is my favorite player in the NBA but he has no chance.

Ansy
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Wade played 51 games each of the past 2 seasons. LeBron carried his team playing 75+ games. When healthy they're equally frightening and if Wade is healthy all season we'll see him put his team into the playoffs single-handedly in LeBron-like fashion.

MiamiHeat
11-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Wade played 51 games each of the past 2 seasons. LeBron carried his team playing 75+ games. When healthy they're equally frightening and if Wade is healthy all season we'll see him put his team into the playoffs single-handedly in LeBron-like fashion.

the only problem with the Heat is that we don't have bigs
Cavs got some decent bigs

:sigh:

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 01:12 AM

He didn't lead in Efficiency though. So winning 45 games isn't going to cut it unless your numbers are better than everyone elses and EFF/PER determines who is the most statistically producitve. Both Lebron and Dirk that year in 2006 were more statistically productive and won more games.

DreamShaker
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM

Kobe should have won that year....but Wade's supporting cast is much worse this year....so if THAT team wins 45....he DESERVES to win it....but won't....

superkegger
11-24-2008, 01:24 AM
He didn't lead in Efficiency though. So winning 45 games isn't going to cut it unless your numbers are better than everyone elses and EFF/PER determines who is the most statistically producitve. Both Lebron and Dirk that year in 2006 were more statistically productive and won more games.

You missed the entire point. And I don't really care about efficiency ratings. What Kobe did that year was downright amazing. If you're going to sit there and tell me that Dirk or Lebron were better players that year, you're ****ing stupid. Yes according to PER and etc... Lebron and Dirk were more "productive". But I think it is more than fair to say that Kobe was more responsible for his teams success that year than anyone else. Don't rely on John Hollinger to tell you who's the MVP.

But it doesn't matter how amazing a year Kobe had. Even if he didn't lead in made up ESPN stats.

The point I was trying to make is that 45 wins will never win you the MVP the way the award is now determined, regardless. Wade can keep putting up these numbers, but if his team loses, it means jack ****. The MVP is not about who the best player in the game is. It's about been the best while leading their team to the highest level. and 45 wins isn't going to be the highest level.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Kobe should have won that year....but Wade's supporting cast is much worse this year....so if THAT team wins 45....he DESERVES to win it....but won't....

You do realize how bad Kobe's supporting cast was right?

Other than odom, a bunch of scrubs.

Kwame-need i say more
Mihm-injured off and on
Smush Parker- now out of the league?
Briank Cook- can't crack the rotation much in orlando
Luke Walton-can't crack the rotation anymore
Devean George-on the decline of his career at this point
Sasha Vujacic-couldn't hit a shot to save his life at this point

beasly might be a rookie, but hes still better than pretty much any of those guys.

Marion is an allstar.

Udonis haslem is better than anyone from that lakers team except for odom probably.

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 01:36 AM

Other than odom, a bunch of scrums.

Kwame-need i say more
Mihm-injured off and on
Devin Green - who?
Laron Profit - who?
Von Wafer - who?
Jim Jackson - out of the league
Aaron McKie - out of the league
Andrew Bynum - rook out of high school
Ronny Turiaf - rook
Slava Medvedenko - out of the league

beasly might be a rookie, but hes still better than pretty much any of those guys.

Marion is an allstar.

Udonis haslem is better than anyone from that lakers team except for odom probably.

:nod:

kntresistheheat
11-24-2008, 01:56 AM
But kobe started to win everyone's love back last year, Those other years when the drama of shaq leaving and when he suppose of snitch on shaq and he raped a white girl everyone hated him right???? I think thats why he didnt win those mvp's before just like how many times shaq should of won those mvp's when he was a lakers and winning rings and putting up monster numbers and they always gave it to timmy:mad: Thats why history shows that who ever is the most popular player or if your pushing up your team to the finals and boosting the nba ratings you will win the mvp!

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 02:12 AM
You missed the entire point. And I don't really care about efficiency ratings. What Kobe did that year was downright amazing. If you're going to sit there and tell me that Dirk or Lebron were better players that year, you're ****ing stupid. Yes according to PER and etc... Lebron and Dirk were more "productive". But I think it is more than fair to say that Kobe was more responsible for his teams success that year than anyone else. Don't rely on John Hollinger to tell you who's the MVP.

But it doesn't matter how amazing a year Kobe had. Even if he didn't lead in made up ESPN stats.

The point I was trying to make is that 45 wins will never win you the MVP the way the award is now determined, regardless. Wade can keep putting up these numbers, but if his team loses, it means jack ****. The MVP is not about who the best player in the game is. It's about been the best while leading their team to the highest level. and 45 wins isn't going to be the highest level.

Let's see. Lebron averaged 31/7/6 which had only been done by 3 players in NBA History. Dirk led in PER and now that is considered a made up stat because "why"? Is it because many don't understand what it produces or what it is used for? Are you saying that PPG a better stat than PER?
If that were the case then I guess we can consider blocks, steals, points, etc made up stats because they didn't exist before basketball was made. But I know you don't think that is the case nor do you think like that.

Kobe did well with the team he had, but you forget who did Lebron have as well that year?

Also the guy most responsible for his team's wins is the guy who leads in Win Shares.

Check it out it is on basketball-reference.

Now I agree that 45 wins won't get you MVP, unless you are head and shoulders statiscally better than the next player. Kareem won MVP with 40 wins and didn't even make the playoffs which I think is kinda bad giving an award to someone that doesn't make the playoffs in his prime.
In fact in the last 26-27 years you have needed to get 50 wins and a top 3 seed to get MVP.

superkegger
11-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Let's see. Lebron averaged 31/7/6 which had only been done by 3 players in NBA History. Dirk led in PER and now that is considered a made up stat because "why"? Is it because many don't understand what it produces or what it is used for? Are you saying that PPG a better stat than PER?
If that were the case then I guess we can consider blocks, steals, points, etc made up stats because they didn't exist before basketball was made. But I know you don't think that is the case nor do you think like that.

Kobe did well with the team he had, but you forget who did Lebron have as well that year?

Also the guy most responsible for his team's wins is the guy who leads in Win Shares.

Check it out it is on basketball-reference.

Now I agree that 45 wins won't get you MVP, unless you are head and shoulders statiscally better than the next player. Kareem won MVP with 40 wins and didn't even make the playoffs which I think is kinda bad giving an award to someone that doesn't make the playoffs in his prime.
In fact in the last 26-27 years you have needed to get 50 wins and a top 3 seed to get MVP.

First off, that Kareem MVP win though was an anomally though, as you point out yourself. anyway.

PER is a made up stat by John Hollinger to try and statistically break the game down even more. I'm not saying its not useful, but basketball is not a game that can be as easily broken down into a statistical analysis like baseball can. I'm not saying that PPG is better, but that's not really the point here. I'm not trying to argue for Kobe for MVP that year.

What you're saying only goes to further my point though.

Who won the MVP in 05-06? Oh yeah, Steve Nash, someone neither of us has talked about having a statistically dominant, the best player, leading PER/EFF etc...

What was he though, the leader of a team that was playing at an extremely high level and won a ton of games. His stats were very impressive in and of themselves, but not something only seen a handful of times in NBA history.

So in other words, unless the Heat really turn a corner, Wade has no ****ing shot at the MVP.

codes238
11-24-2008, 09:05 AM
wade's unreal... at the same time he's not winning the MVP unless the heat win at least 50 games which i just dont see happening this year...

DreamShaker
11-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Other than odom, a bunch of scrubs.

Kwame-need i say more
Mihm-injured off and on

Marion is an allstar.

Kwame is better than every Center the Heat has this year combined....George was better than your giving him credit for.....the rest are about even....and Marion has stunk all year....

Gibby23
11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Kwame is better than every Center the Heat has this year combined....George was better than your giving him credit for.....the rest are about even....and Marion has stunk all year....

The way Marion is Playing right now is still better than anyone on the Lakers that year besides Kobe, the same goes for Beasly, Haslem, and Chalmers.

ATX
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM

That's just not true. He had a broken nose, and then had the groin injury which caused him to sit out a couple of games. Yes he may have started a little slow, but he was bothered by injuries. Besides, he's coming off of two excellent games. Averaging 19 pts, 12 rbs, and 3.5 steals per in the last two. Marion brings much more to the game than just personal stats.

rick66ankiel24
11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
even with beasley and marion in miami.. wade is carrying the team if he finishes the year with numbers similar to what he has so far, he should get the mvp

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
even with beasley and marion in miami.. wade is carrying the team if he finishes the year with numbers similar to what he has so far, he should get the mvp

he will need to get a top 2 seed in the east, around 53 wins to have a chance. Sorry. That is the way the award goes now. I can't believe Heat fans are really setting themselves up for the disappointment. This award isn't about being the best player anymore. Hasn't been for a while. It is about being the best player on a top 4 team

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I think CP3 and LeBron are the frontrunners this year...

MiamiHeat
11-24-2008, 07:41 PM
He was just named Player Of The Week in the East

:worthy:

HiphopRelated
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
forget about MVP, maybe next year depending on how the Summer goes

Wade's reward this year is 1st team all nba

Hawkeye15
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
forget about MVP, maybe next year depending on how the Summer goes

Wade's reward this year is 1st team all nba

a sensible Heat fan regarding the situation.