PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Fire Carlesimo

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 05:46 AM
talk about late breaking

After losing 12 of 13 games to start the season, P.J. Carlesimo has been fired as Oklahoma City Thunder coach, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Assistant Scott Brooks will take over as the interim coach beginning with Saturday night’s game against the Hornets in New Orleans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsiaTgV6stSFCJL5KyBwDIO8vLYF?slug=aw-carlesimofired112208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Duncan = Donkey
11-22-2008, 05:50 AM
what do they expect, the thunder are fukin ****, no talent

Sport
11-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Just another instance where the coach gets a raw deal.

All the changes the Thunder are going through? Definitly not the coaches fault IMO, and this only makes the situation worse.

LAKERS 24/7
11-22-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm kinda shocked. From everything I've heard about him he's a pretty good coach, and what do you expect with that roster?

Makes me think its a matter of time for Mike Dunleavy know...

carlo4444
11-22-2008, 07:36 AM
yeah i dont think fireing the coach will make a differnce the team has like no tanlent

dirk206
11-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Very sad but the team is a joke and someone had to take the raw end of the deal. You can pretty much assume they will have the best shot at getting the #1 pick this year.

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-22-2008, 09:30 AM
The Spurs and Coach Popovich will welcome you back with open arms. We love your defensive style.

michaellui11
11-22-2008, 09:58 AM
not really his fault, just that the team sucks too much

superkegger
11-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I completely disagree. I don't think he got a raw deal at all.

He's a terrible coach for that team. Is it a bad roster? Yes. No doubt.

But its a group of young guys who need to be brought together and mentored, not screamed at for mistatkes, which PJ is notorious for. (Players don't choke you for being nice to them) He failed to make that team even competitive. He should not have even been on the bench this year, but Presti proably gave him a shot because of their time in SA together.

But this was the right move, PJ is just not the right type of coach for that team, and his coaching style (not his defensive philosophy), his style of yelling and screaming and berating players for mistakes just doesn't work with that young team.

I don't know how he didn't get fired sooner. They weren't just losing, they were losing bad. Up 20 on the clippers and then they lost by like 15 or 20...

MiamiHeat
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
who do they want in the draft ?

Blake Griffin is looking pretty good

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I completely disagree. I don't think he got a raw deal at all.

He's a terrible coach for that team. Is it a bad roster? Yes. No doubt.

But its a group of young guys who need to be brought together and mentored, not screamed at for mistatkes, which PJ is notorious for. (Players don't choke you for being nice to them) He failed to make that team even competitive. He should not have even been on the bench this year, but Presti proably gave him a shot because of their time in SA together.

But this was the right move, PJ is just not the right type of coach for that team, and his coaching style (not his defensive philosophy), his style of yelling and screaming and berating players for mistakes just doesn't work with that young team.

I don't know how he didn't get fired sooner. They weren't just losing, they were losing bad. Up 20 on the clippers and then they lost by like 15 or 20...

Westbrook hasn't been enough of a Passing PG they've needed. They have no reliable bigs. Petro comes and goes all the time. They have a long way to go.

superkegger
11-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Westbrook hasn't been enough of a Passing PG they've needed. They have no reliable bigs. Petro comes and goes all the time. They have a long way to go.

I'm not saying they're a good team. They suck.

But PJ wasn't the coach to bring along those young guys. His style inhibits more than it helps them grow.

JIDsanity
11-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Nice, now I hope they get Avery Johnson, and trade Jeff Green, then move Durant to the SF position where he is supposed to be, and make him take the pain. He needs to muscle up.

Westbrook36
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
what do they expect, the thunder are fukin ****, no talent

Kevin Durant? Russell Westbrook? Jeff Green?

JIDsanity
11-22-2008, 01:36 PM
who do they want in the draft ?

Blake Griffin is looking pretty good

He'd be perfect for them. Then they can trade Jeff Green for a SG who can shoot the damn ball and play defense. That would be a great start, cause they'd have a team capable of scoring, with very good defense. Blake play's D.

superkegger
11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Blake Griffin would be a sweet get for them, since he's playing at Oklahoma and all. Is he from Oklahoma or just playing there? Either way, he's already well recieved in the state, so it would be a nice pick for them.

NYMetros
11-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Doesn't make sense to me. The Thunder have no talent, how can you expect them to win? P.J. Carlesimo got a raw deal IMO.

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 01:43 PM
i feel srry for carlesimo he has no talent on the team and he gets fired the gm should have gone first, oh well since hes a defensive minded coach the raps will welcome him as an assistant

JermanJaysFan
11-22-2008, 01:45 PM
He'd be perfect for them. Then they can trade Jeff Green for a SG who can shoot the damn ball and play defense. That would be a great start, cause they'd have a team capable of scoring, with very good defense. Blake play's D.

Anthony Parker? :pray:

MiamiHeat
11-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Blake Griffin would be a sweet get for them, since he's playing at Oklahoma and all. Is he from Oklahoma or just playing there? Either way, he's already well recieved in the state, so it would be a nice pick for them.

He was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

superkegger
11-22-2008, 01:51 PM
He was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Well damn, he would be a great pick then. If he follows up last season with with another one injury free, he should definetly be a top 3 pick. And a hometown kid, no brainer.

todu82
11-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Carlesimo definitely got a raw deal. The problem with that team was not the coach but rather the talent.

superkegger
11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I really don't understand how he got a raw deal.

Yes the team sucks.

Yes the talent level is pretty low.

But it's not like they're expecting him to win a ton of game. But they weren't even competitive. When you have a double digit lead on the Clippers and then lose by 20, that's not acceptable. When the average scoring margin is -12.3, yes obviously the talent level isn't there, but at that point, when you're not competitive, you have to look at who's running the show there and wonder, why aren't these guys at least competing night in and night out

JIDsanity
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Anthony Parker? :pray:

ha, but they prob want someone younger. I don't know who, I can't think of anyone right now. For someone next to KD35 and Westbrook he has to be an off the ball player, but a great shooter and defender. Kinda like Rip with a better shooting touch

MooseWithFleas
11-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I thought he was a good coach for young guys trying to grow. I dont think he is the kind of coach who can be championship calliber, but that is not what this team needs right now...

Joshtd1
11-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Agree with Grk here..would love to have him back in SA.