PDA

View Full Version : Reality

Clevefan23
11-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Reality is setting in. Jalen Rose reported and was very strong with his comments and sayed that both Lebron and Bosh will be a Knick come 2010. I hate to even think about this but the Cavs are gonna half to pull off somthing to keep him here the knicks droped almost all of there cap and have only one guy locked for the 2010 season. I hate to see him go but i have this feeling that is where this is headed. Unless the cavs pull of somthing big and i mean real big here soon im do not have my hopes high for Lebron staying

dwiduck
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
come on they are in first place, Lebron is the MVP front runner right now and we still have wally to deal at some point this season. I dont know what else they could do, they are set up very well to win. also 2010 is a ways off, enjoy the moment. I dont want the cavs winnin the title and everyone still be focused on where hes goin lol

Sbank
11-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Honestly we in first place and our team doing well. ESPN has been wrong before for predicting who going to sign where. In two years situation could change completely. I think if we get another all star type player we could have one of the best NBA teams for a long time as long as we keep LeBron.

mattben8
11-22-2008, 04:47 AM
Check out what the Cavs could do...not realistic, but possible, and here's why...

Dallas needs a PG of the future, and to get more athletic on the wings. Charlotte needs to shed salary, and Memphis wants another low cost big man next to Gasol to free up Gay and Conley Jr.

The Cavs? Well they could have Nowitzki for the next two years (another 2010 free agent to be) coupled with LeBron, Mo, Delonte, and Boobie as a solid championship core.

Cavs Get:
Dirk Nowitzki

Dallas Gets:
Sean May, Mike Conley, Gerald Wallace, Cavs 2009 1st rd. pick

Charlotte Gets:
Wally Szerbiak, Darrell Arthur

Memphis Gets:
Anderson Varejao, Cavs 2010 1st rd. pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=831~2419~609~3413~3195~2776~10 26&teams=30~29~5~30~6~6~6&te=&cash=30:5~29:6

Thoughts?

Lizard King
11-22-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm not a Cavs fan, but if LeBron does end up leaving you guys for the Knicks, I'd lose all respect for him, and look at him as a complete sell out.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Check out what the Cavs could do...not realistic, but possible, and here's why...

Dallas needs a PG of the future, and to get more athletic on the wings. Charlotte needs to shed salary, and Memphis wants another low cost big man next to Gasol to free up Gay and Conley Jr.

The Cavs? Well they could have Nowitzki for the next two years (another 2010 free agent to be) coupled with LeBron, Mo, Delonte, and Boobie as a solid championship core.

Cavs Get:
Dirk Nowitzki

Dallas Gets:

Charlotte Gets:

Memphis Gets:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=831~2419~609~3413~3195~2776~10 26&teams=30~29~5~30~6~6~6&te=&cash=30:5~29:6

Thoughts?

It certainly is intriguing to say the least.

Buckwheat
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM

Cavs Get:
Dirk Nowitzki

Dallas Gets:

Charlotte Gets:

Memphis Gets:

Thoughts?

Never go by that trade thing. I just traded Dallas Eric Snow and Hickson for Josh Howard. :laugh2: It's just based off of contracts. Worthless.

enabring
11-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Never go by that trade thing. I just traded Dallas Eric Snow and Hickson for Josh Howard. :laugh2: It's just based off of contracts. Worthless.

Oh really? You mean the computer trade program isn't an advanced form of artificial intelligence? Of course it doesn't take into account the abilities of the players, the needs of the teams, and the coach's philosophy. That's why it was brought up for discussion. The trade machine is used to see if a trade is possible with the current trade restrictions in the NBA. Then, if it passes those guidelines we can discuss if all of the teams would go for it.

Cavs_Fan24
11-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not a Cavs fan, but if LeBron does end up leaving you guys for the Knicks, I'd lose all respect for him, and look at him as a complete sell out.

As sad as this may seem especially being not only a Cavs fan, but a LeBron James fan, I'd have to agree. I would definitely lose respect for him, and couldn't possibly watch him on any other team. But it's still long ways away. We have time, and anythign can happen in 2 years. It's too early to tell what will happen in 2010 in 2008.

Lizard King
11-22-2008, 03:01 PM
As sad as this may seem especially being not only a Cavs fan, but a LeBron James fan, I'd have to agree. I would definitely lose respect for him, and couldn't possibly watch him on any other team. But it's still long ways away. We have time, and anythign can happen in 2 years. It's too early to tell what will happen in 2010 in 2008.

I agree. It's just the cocky Knicks fans who keep trash talking, now that they feel they're getting LeBron for sure.

MDD
11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Get over it Cleveland fans Labron is New York bound!

MDD
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Born in Akron but his heart is in New york.

MrBloop
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Where do you get off sayin that winning a game means more in your city than ours, get off your high horse.

The stakes are higher here, its simple.

Example: If Sarah Palin was the Governor of New York and not Alaska:rolleyes: don't you think she would have been looked at with a little more reverance????

If Jeter was on the Indians and won 4 championships in 5 years do you think he'd be more popular as a Yankee or as an Indian?

Most people would say as a Yankee.

You don't seem to realize what basketball means in the city of New York, your state cares more about Ohio State than they do the state of the Cleveland Cavs. Where I live (Manhattan) all we care about is Knick Basketball.

ITs not being stuck up or on a high horse, its just being real here.

Your not the first person to be insulted by glamour of New York City and everything that comes with it.

My advice to you is, get over it.

dwiduck
11-26-2008, 08:05 PM

Example: If Sarah Palin was the Governor of New York and not Alaska:rolleyes: don't you think she would have been looked at with a little more reverance????

If Jeter was on the Indians and won 4 championships in 5 years do you think he'd be more popular as a Yankee or as an Indian?

You don't seem to realize what basketball means in the city of New York, your state cares more about Ohio State than they do the state of the Cleveland Cavs. Where I live (Manhattan) all we care about is Knick Basketball.

Your not the first person to be insulted by glamour of New York City and everything that comes with it.

I understand the points you make and I know a Knicks title would mean a lot but what you seem to fail to understand is that a Cavs title would be mroe than just a basketball title, it would be the first title any team in cleveland has won since the Browns won an NFL Title (not a super bowl, an NFL title). New York Giants just won a super bowl, The Yankees, dont even get me started on the Yankees. The Mets have won titles. So now that you see my reasoning maybe now you understand why I believe that a title in cleveland would mean more than a title in NY, sorry.

LeBrowns
11-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Because Jalen Rose is a reliable source. He created more buzz by this comment than he did in his entire playing career.

Lizard King
11-27-2008, 12:24 AM
What is this *** statement about?

I'll tell you...its about you and the rest of the Cleveland fans sour about the reality of the NBA. Its a business kid. You got some nerve talkin crap about my city when your city exemplifies what being a loser is all about. Every sport in your city has a pathetic team.

Lebron wants to win where it matters most, PERIOD...and thats in a NY.

I don't even need to tell you where your hearts are gonna be the summer of 2010 lol.

You guys are gonna need alot of ice cream for all your lonely nights when your King comes to NYC.

This is the trash talk that causes everyone to hate the Knicks.

I don't care if he mentioned the Knicks. This is the Cavs forums. You have no right to come in here and talk trash to them. Go back to your Knicks forum if you're going to be a disrespectful chump.

IndiansFan337
11-27-2008, 01:44 AM

Who cares about those scenarios regarding Sarah Palin or about Jeter? Let's be real here. Until he makes a decision, there is no need to argue about what "we think we know". He's not even going to consider going to the Knicks unless they are much improved. That is a fact. And until & if that happens I have no reason to believe he will be bolting in 2010.

monster_mash
11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronbigapple-081126&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

EdTheRevelator
11-27-2008, 03:54 PM
I really don't care if LeBron bolts anymore, as long as it's NOT to the Knicks, just to see the look on New York fans when they realize that this has all been for nothing and they can waste their money on bad contracts again and keep losing.

Let's talk about 2010 when it comes. The Cavs (and not just LeBron) are playing phenomenal ball. Let's enjoy it and until then, everyone else can just ****ing shove it.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
11-27-2008, 04:22 PM
MrBloop this is directed to you mainly.

I like how you know how LeBron feels.

Please please stop acting like you know LeBron personally! He hasn't came out saying "I am playing in New York in 2010" has he? NO! so please quit acting like its all said and done! You are really not analyzing the situation at ALL. You are simply saying..LeBron is leaving Cleveland.

Your only point I have SEEN is well he would enjoying winning in New York. Really? and that people who win here don't get any recognition..I find this interesting, because LeBron isn't Sarah Palin, or Derek Jeter! He is better at what he does then both of these people combined are to there respected professions.

I am not being stubborn if you came in here and gave me a valid point and quit treating Cleveland fans and sports like you are I would say wow he is intelligent. Unfortunately for you that's not the case. So please rethink yourself here and what your purpose is in this area of the forum, and come back with a better idea.

I don't like it when you think everything is said and done. You need to be smarter with how you approach things. All I know is Cleveland at this point is 100x better situation for him to win. That's all we know for sure in the "LeBron in 2010" topic. So there is absolutely no argument that is valid for you, why? because no one knows what is going to happen in the future! Especially something as unpredictable as the NBA..

Weidner9
11-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Cavs Get:
Dirk Nowitzki

Dallas Gets:

Charlotte Gets:

Memphis Gets:

Thoughts?
This is impossible for a few reasons. The first is that an NBA team cannot trade 2 first round draft picks away two years in a row! Secondly you just said that memphis wants another big man to free up gay and conley then you have them trading conley. So it doesn't work for them. Thirdly I don't want dirk if we get a big man we need someone that is a good fit on the defensive end and believe me dirk is not. Dirk is also a perimeter player. We already have a 7 foot perimeter player in Z. I would also love Amare but the Suns would be crazy stupid to give him up. I have been racking my brain for hours and days on what trade could make this team better and right now i can't think of one. I love wally but not at 13 mill a year or 10 or watever it is. I love ben but not at 15 a year. The thing that i want right now is draft picks. I want young players in the early rounds of the next few drafts. Your crazy for even wanting to trade the next few rounds of drafts. Lastly KNICKS FANS PLEASE SHUT UP!!!! Lebron James will do what he wants in 2 years. You can plan for him and i would advise you do if not for him but the entire class. But Jalen Rose doesn't know anything. The man is ridiculous for trying to call something 2 years from now when anything could happen.

davidst.hubbins
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM

how about if D-Wade leaves the Heat and signs with the Bulls(as some rumors are beginning to pop up). Would you then lose all respect for him, he's leaving the team that drafted him(like lebron would be) for a big contract and to play in a huge market...or would it be different because he's going to your favorite team?

LeBrowns
11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I lose respect for any player that leaves his drafted team for more money. Especially more for LeBron since he was born and raised 30 minutes from Cleveland.

celticfan
11-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Cavs Get:
Dirk Nowitzki

Dallas Gets:

Charlotte Gets:

Memphis Gets:

Thoughts?

Charlotte and Memphis don't get very good deals in this one. Memphis would never trade Conley unless they got a young point guard or young players to come. Why would Charlotte want Wally? WHy would anyone want wally?:D