PDA

View Full Version : Ny Knicks

Raps18-19 Champ
11-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Kinks just made 2 trades today

Knicks traded their best 2 players so far this season for avove average role players

I thought they could have made the playoffs with their old team but with the 2 trades today, i'm not so sure.

I know they are just making cap space for 'Bron but you gotta think 1 season at a time.

Their new line-up is like this:

C- David Lee, Eddy Curry(?)
PF- Al Harrington, Tim Thomas
SF- Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari
SG- Cuttino Mobley, Quenten Richardson
PG-Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson

I liked their old line-up cuz they don't have any players that could probably get 20 ppg with the new line-up

What do you think about them this season?

Giaps
11-21-2008, 11:47 PM
The positive for us is we are getting 3 veterans that fit into this style of play. Chemistry is very important and Crawford was a good teammate and this year so was Randolph, so we'll have to see how Harrington, Mobley and Thomas mesh with the other guys. Hopefully they get along, they like each other and they try to make a push for the playoffs. Nothing would be more sweeter than being prepared for 2010 and making the playoffs in the meantime.

dre1990
11-22-2008, 12:11 AM
wow another knickerbocker thread........... their worse bt will stil get a 7 or 8 seed

JordansBulls
11-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Kinks just made 2 trades today

Knicks traded their best 2 players so far this season for avove average role players

I thought they could have made the playoffs with their old team but with the 2 trades today, i'm not so sure.

I know they are just making cap space for 'Bron but you gotta think 1 season at a time.

Their new line-up is like this:

C- David Lee, Eddy Curry(?)
PF- Al Harrington, Tim Thomas
SF- Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari
SG- Cuttino Mobley, Quenten Richardson
PG-Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson

I liked their old line-up cuz they don't have any players that could probably get 20 ppg with the new line-up

What do you think about them this season?

They are just cutting salary. But I'm not sold that they could make the playoffs though.

Diego_Le
11-22-2008, 02:25 AM
I think with this new trade there no way in hell they make it into the playoffs

JJ81
11-22-2008, 09:47 AM
They just cant do it

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 09:59 AM
i think that at best the knicks might get the 8th seed otherwise their probably getting 10-12th seed in the east

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
This all adds up to 2010 Free Agency. It makes sense. I like the moves overall. Minus trading Crawford, but maybe it makes them better. Im not sure.

BALLER71
11-22-2008, 10:14 AM
I think they're worse but in financial terms they're in a better state.

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I think they're worse but in financial terms they're in a better state.

In a much better spot. Plus, while Randolph was playing to his usual offensive capability one of he or Curry had to go. Curry was playing much better prior to Randolph coming over.

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-22-2008, 10:30 AM
PG: Duhon, Robinson, Marbury (If he comes off the bench ever)
SG: Cuttino Mobley, Quentin Richardson, Chandler, Robinson
SF: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Ganillari, Thomas, Lee
PF: Al Harrington, David Lee, Tim Thomas, Malik Rose
C: Eddy Curry, Harrigton, Lee

While the additions are going to change the pace, it helps for the long run I think.

pana1
11-22-2008, 11:09 AM
hheres wat i think the lineup will be:

duhon Pg
mobley sg
qrich sf (wish we cuould trade him too)
wilson chandler PF
tim thomas C

harrington sf
6 man for now but im sure he'll replace Q-rich
nate pg
lee pf