PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Knicks Lebron James

EddieB
11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
The Knicks freed up so much cap salary not only will they can throw down all the cash for King James, they can get another high price free agent like a Chris Bosh, big changes are coming

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-21-2008, 07:26 PM
And when Curry/Jeffires are gone then we will have enough for 3

cmstophe
And the Cavs can do the same thing in 2010, as well.

This doesn't change anything. This makes the Knicks an absolute garbage team for the next 2 years, too.

theuuord
And when Curry/Jeffires are gone then we will have enough for 3

lol. and literally no one else.

Utah47Jazz
11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
By 2010 no one will care about the Knicks because they will be so goddamn awful. They just ruined there team, and there chances to get LeBron.

torontosports10
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
hahaha o knicks fans

/thread

uptownfan
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, there's no guarantee that LeBron will be a Knick, but there is a pretty good chance that they will wind up with either LeBron, Boozer, Wade, Bosh or Amare

BTownTeamsRKing
11-21-2008, 08:14 PM
so what happens if all these players just resign? i mean their teams their on arent actually just gonna let em leave without an offer. they do have money too.

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM

This doesn't change anything. This makes the Knicks an absolute garbage team for the next 2 years, too.

B4 Lebron was sent from the heavens to the "mistake by the lake" they call Cleveland, nobody ever wanted to play there, and If Lebron leaves, nobody with any skills or sense, would think to go there and be the follow up act to the King.

It changes alot...He'll be at alot of Yank games in 2 summers from now.

Sport
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
The Knicks are like the Minnesota Vikings of basketball.

You can sign whoever the hell you want, your still gonna blow donkey dick.

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 08:36 PM

Cleveland isn't a big market city. If LeBron wants to go down as one of the all-time greats, he needs to do it in New York.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Cleveland isn't a big market city. If LeBron wants to go down as one of the all-time greats, he needs to do it in New York.

No he doesn't.

He's already got his own fanbase in friggin' China. And across the world they have museums for him. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous how much New York fans think they are "entitled" to other peoples' players in all sports, and think a player to be truly great has to play in a market like their own. The audacity...

B4 Lebron was sent from the heavens to the "mistake by the lake" they call Cleveland, nobody ever wanted to play there, and If Lebron leaves, nobody with any skills or sense, would think to go there and be the follow up act to the King.

It changes alot...He'll be at alot of Yank games in 2 summers from now.

More NYC arrogance. Notice all these people are New York fans that are creaming themselves and getting excited for something that MAY happen in 2 years? Sad.

It's enough to make me want him to not go to NYC just to make you guys cry yourselves to sleep, haha. Disrspecting other peoples' cities and stuff is cool, too. I've been to both Cleveland and NYC. While Cleveland has economic trouble, NYC is a trash bag. Big market doesn't make it the Promised Land.

blacknell
11-21-2008, 08:57 PM
lebron aint coming

albertc86
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
The Knicks would have to prove that they're dedicated to winning before they have a chance at landing LeBron. Not only that, but they'd have to acquire another star to entice him. I doubt he'll go to NY for the market alone.

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
lol People on these forums are really funny.

Even if we don't land Lebron , there's a **** load of good FA's out there.

With 45 mil to spend we can buy Lebron , Amare, and even Nash if we wanted to.

AND we're getting a top 5 Pick this year.

So it's all good.

When we're raping the NBA for years after 2010, all you people will speak otherwise :)

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
lol People on these forums are really funny.

Even if we don't land Lebron , there's a **** load of good FA's out there.

With 45 mil to spend we can buy Lebron , Amare, and even Nash if we wanted to.

AND we're getting a top 5 Pick this year.

So it's all good.

When we're raping the NBA for years after 2010, all you people will speak otherwise :)

Ok. Enjoy looking forward to 2010 and getting your hopes up. Meanwhile the rest of us will be watching our teams contend for titles or at least, um, contend at all.

ROFL good luck signing 3 superstars and surrounding them with....WHO? hahahahahhaa

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Okay buddy I will :)

You worry about yourself, okay? ;)

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Okay buddy I will :)

You worry about yourself, okay? ;)

Oh...kay?

I'm just saying. Why are NY fans getting so arrogant suddenly? There is no guarantee they even get a SINGLE star, and even if they do, it's 2 years away. I think it was a move they had to make but it's a desperation move and a gamble that may or may not pay off. I wouldn't be acting all arrogant.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah, why would a superstar wanna come play with wislon chandler, who in his 2nd year, is looking like a potential 20-5-5 guy? and why would a superstar wanna come to a team that will have enough money to surround him with possibly another superstar or, at worst, tremendous role players? while we're at it, why would a superstar (who's spoken nonstop about becoming a global icon and being showcased on the biggest stage) wanna leave cleveland for the epicenter of amurrrrrrrica... especially when he'll get more advertising money for doing so?

ps- cmstophe... how dare we try to rebuild the right way for once after 6+ years of ******** management and decision making. wtf are we thinking? :rolleyes:

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh...kay?

I'm just saying. Why are NY fans getting so arrogant suddenly? There is no guarantee they even get a SINGLE star, and even if they do, it's 2 years away. I think it was a move they had to make but it's a desperation move and a gamble that may or may not pay off. I wouldn't be acting all arrogant.

the current team wasn't gonna do **** anyways... might as well go for broke and free up cap space for the future. we've sucked for years... what's 2 more?

we may be arrogant, but you just sound bitter. you wouldn't be from nj, would you?

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah, why would a superstar wanna come play with wislon chandler, who in his 2nd year, is looking like a potential 20-5-5 guy? and why would a superstar wanna come to a team that will have enough money to surround him with possibly another superstar or, at worst, tremendous role players? while we're at it, why would a superstar (who's spoken nonstop about becoming a global icon and being showcased on the biggest stage) wanna leave cleveland for the epicenter of amurrrrrrrica... especially when he'll get more advertising money for doing so?

ps- cmstophe... how dare we try to rebuild the right way for once after 6+ years of ******** management and decision making. wtf are we thinking? :rolleyes:

Hey I never said that...I said it's a deal the Knicks had to make. Chill. I'm just saying in reality it is more likely a lot of these stars, if not most of them, stay with their teams.

As for Chandler, there are a ton of "future ALl Stars" in this league as someone else said. Few ever make it there.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
the current team wasn't gonna do **** anyways... might as well go for broke and free up cap space for the future. we've sucked for years... what's 2 more?

we may be arrogant, but you just sound bitter. you wouldn't be from nj, would you?

Haha no I am happy the Nets have no chance at any stars in 2010, they suck just as they should.

You act like it's okay to be an arrogant POS. Sorry, I actually have morals. All I'm saying is I'd love a feel good story in sports and that it's more likely these guys stay with their teams. but w/e. Obviously Knicks fans would hope for a star player so I'm not gonna bash Knicks fans for HOPING but acting liek you guys just landed three superstars when it's still 2 years away and you might not get ANY just rubs me the wrong way.

Draco
11-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, the Knick's have Chandler, global epicenter and america's mecca. They still either need to get more talent or they need to come up with more sales pitch phrases.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
arrogance and excitement are two different things... i think i speak for most knicks fans today when i say we finally have something to look forward to.

as for morals... i really could give a **** about yours or anyone elses on here. this is a sports message board, not a confessional. secondly, arrogance and morals are two separate issues altogether. if we were talking about throwing flaming bags of poo at lebron if he spurns us in two years, that would be pretty amoral.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Ok, the Knick's have Chandler, global epicenter and america's mecca. They still either need to get more talent or they need to come up with more sales pitch phrases.

more talent will come as they can finally develop without the two biggest ballhogs on team gone. nate, chandler, gallinari (in the future... possibly... maybe... hopefully), whoever our draft pick is this year. the young talent + cap space will provide us with enough to at least seem desirable to a FA star

as for the sales pitch, two words: mike d

you know... the coach that nearly every player says they'd love to play for

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
arrogance and excitement are two different things... i think i speak for most knicks fans today when i say we finally have something to look forward to.

as for morals... i really could give a **** about yours or anyone elses on here. this is a sports message board, not a confessional. secondly, arrogance and morals are two separate issues altogether. if we were talking about throwing flaming bags of poo at lebron if he spurns us in two years, that would be pretty amoral.

Being arrogant is generally viewed as obnoxious and doesn't exactly get people pleased with you.

You wonder why there are "haters" of NY? it's because of people like you, obviously.

Go ahead, Be excited. That's legit. Quit acting like it's your god given right to these players though.

Draco
11-21-2008, 09:49 PM
more talent will come as they can finally develop without the two biggest ballhogs on team gone. nate, chandler, gallinari (in the future... possibly... maybe... hopefully), whoever our draft pick is this year. the young talent + cap space will provide us with enough to at least seem desirable to a FA star

as for the sales pitch, two words: mike d

you know... the coach that nearly every player says they'd love to play for

That's pretty much where it's at. 19 teams trying to make improvements to put themselves ahead of the pack for free agency. Location is an advantage for a handful of those teams. Current roster personnel is an advantage for others: Mo Williams is better than any Knick player right now, he plays a position that's hard to fill and he's locked up.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Is it just me or did Mo Williams suddenly become better this year? I've seen box scores the past few weeks and all I see are 20 pts, 25 pts, 16 pts, 18 pts, and these numbers he almost NEVER put up in Milwaukee....

Random thought. Sorry. lol

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Being arrogant is generally viewed as obnoxious and doesn't exactly get people pleased with you.

You wonder why there are "haters" of NY? it's because of people like you, obviously.

Go ahead, Be excited. That's legit. Quit acting like it's your god given right to these players though.

yes, people like me who have AT NO POINT IN TIME said lebron was definitely coming to ny, are the arrogant ones. you, on the other hand, defiantly spout rhetoric to the contrary and that's not even remotely comparable.

all i did was lay out facts that would SUGGEST why lebron MIGHT be highly interested in coming to ny.

people hate NY because it's one of the greatest and most storied cities in the country. i don't hate lakers because they're arrogant... i hate 'em cause they're great... just like the big apple.

btw, it IS our god-given right to get these players. in case you weren't aware, god's a new yorker.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:55 PM
yes, people like me who have AT NO POINT IN TIME said lebron was definitely coming to ny, are the arrogant ones. you, on the other hand, defiantly spout rhetoric to the contrary and that's not even remotely comparable.

all i did was lay out facts that would SUGGEST why lebron MIGHT be highly interested in coming to ny.

people hate NY because it's one of the greatest and most storied cities in the country. i don't hate lakers because they're arrogant... i hate 'em cause they're great... just like the big apple.

btw, it IS our god-given right to get these players. in case you weren't aware, god's a new yorker.

Ok, fair enough , despite the ******** comments you make in the second half of your post you claim you never said anything about people for sure coming to NY. Some other people did, but you jumped into the discussion so I incorrectly generalized and included you amongst the other NY fans.

(Good to see you're reppin NY...in Florida? rofl...some of you NY fans...)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
It's gonna be real funny when LeBron stays in Cleaveland (as expected) and New York is stuck with all these bums :laugh:

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
born in brooklyn... moved to miami for hs and college

now i live here because it's where the best business opps for me were outta college

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
It's gonna be real funny when LeBron stays in Cleaveland (as expected) and New York is stuck with all these bums :laugh:

Even if we dont get Lebron,we will get some 1.All that Cap Space isnt gonna sit there and rot

Weezy
11-21-2008, 10:02 PM

hahahah wow just got broadway joesized

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Even if we dont get Lebron,we will get some 1.All that Cap Space isnt gonna sit there and rot

Yea. Knicks'll get someone. I just dont think it'll be Lebron. Dwade maybe?

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
If Dwayne doesn't stay in Miami, my guess would be Chicago.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
^ for cmstophe and Draco no Wade is staying
We'll be trying to get Bosh :)

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Yea. Knicks'll get someone. I just dont think it'll be Lebron. Dwade maybe?

I see Wade staying with Miami,Bosh or Amare is more likely.Amare is the guy im most confident will be a Knick come 2010

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM

As will New York, Cleveland and lord knows who else, haha

but yea I actually think D-Wade will stay too.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
^ :nod:
We'll I hope Miami gets another superstar so Wade doesn't have
to carry the whole team, the man needs help ASAP!

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM

Maybe but from my perspective your team has a mismatch of age and experience. Chalmers and Beasley vs. Wade and Marion. Granted, Rose is a rookie this year but I'm willing to wager that he improves a lot faster than Chalmers. Also, the Bull's are built pretty well for a superstar.. we have better complementary players at almost every position.

cwilson21
11-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I find it funny when all these analysts and people see the Knicks trades as great moves assuming that the some great superstar will go there for sure. There's going to be a heavy market for all these stars and most if not all of them are going to be better teams with better opportunities.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Maybe but from my perspective your team has a mismatch of age and experience. Chalmers and Beasley vs. Wade and Marion. Granted, Rose is a rookie this year but I'm willing to wager that he improves a lot faster than Chalmers. Also, the Bull's are built pretty well for a superstar.. we have better complementary players at almost every position.

Marion will be gone
sooner or later don't worry about him :)
We will make some moves before the big free agency comes along

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Marion will be gone
sooner or later don't worry about him :)
We will make some moves before the big free agency comes along

Marion slated on his way out without knowing or havnig a suitable replacement is the same thing as Knick's fans thinking they'll just add pieces in place for 2010 and it's all but certain that Lebron will fall into place. Personally, I think there's a good chance Wade stays. However, if he does go.. Chicago is looking awfully attractive right now and probably even more so by 2010.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Marion slated on his way out without knowing or havnig a suitable replacement is the same thing as Knick's fans thinking they'll just add pieces in place for 2010 and it's all but certain that Lebron will fall into place. Personally, I think there's a good chance Wade stays. However, if he does go.. Chicago is looking awfully attractive right now and probably even more so by 2010.

okay sure buddy :)

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
okay sure buddy :)

If you disagree, I'd like to know why.

BigSteve
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Considering how bad the Knicks have been, if thats the power God pulls in helping his team I say Hail Satan! LeBron does want to play in a big market. He also wants to play for a team that has a shot of winning multiple championships. New York will not be that spot until they find a way to do a major overhaul.

dodie53
11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
knicks should sign amare, wade and nash (MLE)

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:32 PM
knicks should sign amare, wade and nash (MLE)

switch Wade with Lebron :)
Wade is staying in MIA

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:33 PM
switch Wade with Lebron :)
Wade is staying in MIA

Boh Wade and LBJ are prolly staying.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:35 PM
If you disagree, I'd like to know why.

anything could happen from now until the big free agency
I can't tell the future, neither can't you
so no point of saying this player or that player will stay
because only they know and have the choice of staying or
leaving somewhere else, I just think Wade will be staying
in Miami he just needs help and is a 100% he will be staying
he seems the type of player that is loyal to his team,
but anything could happen, If he does go somewhere else
I would support him through his career....

hotpotato1092
I'm a knicks fan and I have to agree that most knicks fans are basically assuming lebron will come no matter what, which is entirely false. He's staying in cleveland, he doesn't want his legacy to be defined by ditching cleveland. He'll be a megastar no matter where he goes. I have to say that the general level of arrogance by knicks fans (not this forum, knicks fans in general) is ridiculous. They assume that every player wants to play for us just because it's new york, ever consider they're happy where they are? We're not getting lebron, bosh or amare at best (not complaining about either)

GiantYankKnicks
If the Knicks sign Amare then theres a good chance Lebron will be even more interested in NY

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Boh Wade and LBJ are prolly staying.

I don't really care if Bron
stays or goes as long as Flash stays

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
If the Knicks sign Amare then theres a good chance Lebron will be even more interested in NY

:nod:
in order for Bron to come 100% sure
you guys need to use that cap space wisely

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
:nod:
in order for Bron to come 100% sure
you guys need to use that cap space wisely

Yep,Im not so sure about Lebron but IMO the Knicks will sign Amare atleast which will hopefully entice the King to come to NY

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
anything could happen from now until the big free agency
I can't tell the future, neither can't you
so no point of saying this player or that player will stay
because only they know and have the choice of staying or
leaving somewhere else, I just think Wade will be staying
in Miami he just needs help and is a 100% he will be staying
he seems the type of player that is loyal to his team,
but anything could happen, If he does go somewhere else
I would support him through his career....

I wasn't predicting the future I simply said that if Wade doesn't stay in Miami I think Chicago looks like an attractive choice. I also said I think Wade will stay in Miami............................................. ....................................

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I wasn't predicting the future I simply said that if Wade doesn't stay in Miami I think Chicago looks like an attractive choice. I also said I think Wade will stay in Miami............................................. ....................................

/of discussion :)

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:52 PM
But I could be wrong. :cool:

/of discussion.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
But I could be wrong. :cool:

/of discussion.

you could
but wade is staying

/of discussion now :shush:

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:58 PM
you could
but wade is staying

/of discussion now :shush:

For now, anyway. ;)

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
For now, anyway. ;)

what if Rose comes to Miami?
Wade tells his fellow chicago native
to come play with him :cool:

dre1990
11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
knicks will have a good chance fo a dynasty in 2010-2020

ny93
11-21-2008, 11:22 PM
and they have steve nash and then can take him to if they have money with mike dantoni

BTownTeamsRKing
11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
a few questions:

why would the suns let amare go?
why would the heat let Wade go?
why would the raptors let Bosh go?

its like u guys expect that teams are just going to give away their top man so the knicks can improve.

although it would be wierd if bron and melo end up in ny.

ramansingh3
11-21-2008, 11:50 PM
LeBron wont resign he will want to test out free agency especially in a big market team. Remember LeBron is also a buisness man too he gets advice from Warren Buffet.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-22-2008, 01:30 AM
i dont think ny realizes they are competing with Jay-Z.

GiantYankKnicks
11-22-2008, 01:37 AM

Thats overblown.The Nets wont be in BK by 2010 and Lebron most likely wont go to Jersey.

EddieB
11-22-2008, 01:50 AM

Unless Jay Z gives up Beyonce, Lebran is going to be a Knick

JIDsanity
11-22-2008, 02:18 AM

You misspelled Cav

BTownTeamsRKing
11-22-2008, 11:48 AM

knicks fan better hope jay doesnt offer her, otherwise that deal is done. hahaha i know id take it.

Hustla23
11-22-2008, 12:30 PM

LOOOL.

That's a good one.

valade16
11-26-2008, 08:17 AM
a few questions:

its like u guys expect that teams are just going to give away their top man so the knicks can improve.

They aren't going to give the guys away LOL. Do you know ANYTHING about FA??!! Most good players will at least look at the market to see whats out there, heck, even Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant did it!

Their contracts all expire in 2010, and if LeBron is a FA they will want to test the market too, instead of resigning...

king4day
11-26-2008, 09:54 AM
a few questions:

All those teams can do is offer max deals and try to convince them that they are looking to build a title team. Then it's up to the player.

da wood
11-26-2008, 10:41 AM
i personally think he is gonna stay in cleavland for one they are winning it seems as if the team is getting pieces for him and at the end of the day they can still offer him the most money. not to mention all this and he still gets to play at the crib. **** thats a no brainer.

MiamiHeat
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
he has no big reasons to leave Cleveland his team is doing great right now
and have a good chance to get to the finals

Post No Billz
11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Nike had street teamers outside MSG last night...Even his corp sponsers want him in NY.

Draco
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Nike had street teamers outside MSG last night...Even his corp sponsers want him in NY.

I doubt those people are associated with Nike.. what's the point of Nike handing out fliers to fans.. fans have no control over whether Lebron comes to the Knicks. Those 'street teamers' were probably just fans.

NANDOKNICK
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Nash won the same amount of Championships as Marbury, NONE
At 35 years old..he will win one in the Granny League...
Never saw a player hyped so much..
Galinari is worst then Bad,,,Could not play summer ball, no way
he will play NBA...6 Pick,,,was screwed up badly..
Zach Randolph was given away in hopes of getting someone
in 2010 with his stats and pouring tons of money on him.
Donnie Walsh will make you wish Isiah Thomas was still here.
Knicks will be lucky to win 25 games this year. They have no defense
and no rebounding.
Marbury and Randolph best 2 knicks have been exiled..
Tim Tomas is a DOG,,he plays like he is 2 feet tall.
I can see why D Antonni has never won anything.
Donnie Walsh making plans with other Teams players cause
he cant draft squat.
Peter Vescey is a Pig