PDA

View Full Version : PSD Official 2010 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Mod edit:

We've had a dozen Knicks threads started since the big trade and it is cluttering up the NBA forum in a big way. Please post in this official PSD Knicks 2010 thread rather than starting a new thread, or post your idea in the NBA Trade Ideas forum or the Knicks forum.

Thanks.

---------------------

Why is it that it seems that NY fans think that James is there born right to get him in 2010. He was born in Ohio so am sure he would like to stay home. The Knicks wont be contenders even with him and he wants to win. NY is the biggest market but there are cities not much bigger.

I just dont get why the knicks think that Jame would want to go to NY so bad. They arnt going to be contenders at all i meen who is on that team now that crawford and Randolph are gone and they have very little talent there. Its a weak team from top 2 bottom.

madiaz3
11-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Why is it that it seems that NY fans think that James is there born right to get him in 2010. He was born in Ohio so am sure he would like to stay home. The Knicks wont be contenders even with him and he wants to win. NY is the biggest market but there are cities not much bigger.

I just dont get why the knicks think that Jame would want to go to NY so bad. They arnt going to be contenders at all i meen who is on that team now that crawford and Randolph are gone and they have very little talent there. Its a weak team from top 2 bottom.

The only point you have is that there is a chance he may not want to leave period, but if he does, with cap space, and a combination of Nate Robinson, Duhon, Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Harrington, Eddy Curry, even Gallinari either as retained players or trade bait, you're dead wrong in thinking they aren't capable of setting up players through trades or new signings around Lebron to make them a contender.

oak2455
11-21-2008, 07:07 PM

There are more players available if King James fails.... and you might want to spell check next time....but as a Knick fan this works:clap::clap::clap:

mantlefan07
11-21-2008, 07:13 PM

That's ridiculous! You're hating on the Knicks and their fans now. Come one. They have sucked for so long and were so bad and finally they have a plan that makes sense. They have the highest payroll in the NBA and have been losers for too long.

Yeah, the dream is to clear space on the cap to make room for one of the marquee players that will be available in that class. They have a plan to get better thru FA.

Stop hating here. The Nets and several other clubs are also attempting to clear cap room for that off season.

kswissdaf
11-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Dude now im starting to beilve the knicks are going 2 get him and i heard on espn they may someone how get wade 2

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM

He will sign with us because we have enough cap for 2 and will eventually have enough for 3 superstars

Nash MLE

Galo/Chandler/2nd round pick/1st round pick/2nd round pick
and the rest will be Jerome James medical MLE and vets minimum.

^ that is what we are aiming for ^

FlawlessKB24
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM
the knicks are gonna have a but load of free space in 2010
enough for LeBron and then some

but lets not get ahead of ourselves. even if the Knicks dont get LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc., they freed cap space without giving up young players and draft picks.
bottom line, they hit the reset button and are in great position to re-build
A+++ moves by NY

theuuord
11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Dude now im starting to beilve the knicks are going 2 get him and i heard on espn they may someone how get wade 2

please don't listen to ESPN.

Utah47Jazz
11-21-2008, 07:32 PM
They have just said good-bye to there chances of getting LeBron after todays trades.

kombayn
11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
The Knicks will get LeBron James. This is the big, "hello! we're interested!" move from Donnie Walsh. LeBron will have New York City all to himself and can you imagine the endorsement deals he'll get? That and Kobe on the Lakers, ****..... David Stern is drooling for a 2010 Finals of the Knicks vs. the Lakers. I won't be surprised if the Knicks get Chris Bosh too.

FlawlessKB24
Utah: how?

Zefflin
It's all about his image and the money with Lebron, NY seems to be the logical place for his legacy and billionaire aspirations.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
It's all about his image and the money with Lebron, NY seems to be the logical place for his legacy and billionaire aspirations.

Is that why he said this week it's "all about where I can win championships"?

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
They are banking on teaming Lebron with Bosh, Amare, or Wade....plus if the Knicks suck the next two years they can get some good draft picks....but if those guys all resign with their teams they are screwed....

ATX
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
He will sign with us because we have enough cap for 2 and will eventually have enough for 3 superstars
Nash MLE

You are out of your mind if you think NY will get the very best PF, SF, and SG in the league. (Ya, ya, ya Kobe...but in two years time he will be on the decline.) GREEDY

Two superstars maybe, but three???

FlawlessKB24
the knicks put themselves in an AMAZING position in just about every aspect

Utah47Jazz
Ok, Bosh would never play with both Wade and LeBron. Bosh would want to be a number 1 scoring option, but there he would be number 3.

Utah47Jazz
11-21-2008, 07:36 PM
The Knicks will get LeBron James. This is the big, "hello! we're interested!" move from Donnie Walsh. LeBron will have New York City all to himself and can you imagine the endorsement deals he'll get? That and Kobe on the Lakers, ****..... David Stern is drooling for a 2010 Finals of the Knicks vs. the Lakers. I won't be surprised if the Knicks get Chris Bosh too.

I thought LeBrons want to win, not make a crapload of many. This week he said "It depends where I can win multiple titles."

Draco
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
the knicks are gonna have a but load of free space in 2010
enough for LeBron and then some

but lets not get ahead of ourselves. even if the Knicks dont get LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc., they freed cap space without giving up young players and draft picks.
bottom line, they hit the reset button and are in great position to re-build
A+++ moves by NY

Only post in this thread I agree with.

The surprising thing for me is that GS isn't interested in 2010. Must be something wrong with that market never to be able to attract FA's.

theuuord
11-21-2008, 07:38 PM
the knicks put themselves in an AMAZING position in just about every aspect

except their roster is still in a horrible position.

that can be changed in two years, but it needs a LOT of work to bring anyone in.

Zefflin
11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
NY seems to be the logical place for his legacy

Did I say anything about him not wanting to win rings?? Obviously he does.

Who cares what he said, he also said recently that he wouldn't leave Ohio. The guys more of a flip-flopper than John Carey.

dwiduck
11-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I dont know why anyone is making a big deal about James leavin, he is a hometown guy, hes lived in the area his whole life. The Cavs are set up better to contend now and later, the only players they have under contract past James are Mo Williams, Delonte West, JJ Hickson, and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson who is one of James's best friends. That also leaves them with enough money to sign two guys to MAX contracts during James's FA Summer. So, with the way the Cavs are set up they are contenders now and will be for many years. James even said that the only way he woudl leave is if it presented him with a better opportunity to win multiple championships which at this point in time. And right now the Cavs are his best opportunity to do that.

Draco
11-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought LeBrons want to win, not make a crapload of many. This week he said "It depends where I can win multiple titles."

IMO, the Knicks have a long way to go to attract Wade, Bosh, or Lebron. They don't have the talent and the teams that thos three players are currently on, do. That doesn't add up. The Knick's are banking on location and nothing else at this point. IMO, that's not nearly enough. They need more talent to complement any big time FA.

Halladay
11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
lol Love it how this has been the big discussion of late in the NBA...talking about all these stars and which team they'll sign with...IN 20 FREAKIN 10. Not even funny how pre-mature these talks are and I would slap whoever brought all these talks up to begin with.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Who cares what he said, he also said recently that he wouldn't leave Ohio. The guys more of a flip-flopper than John Carey.

Well I would believe what he said more than what you think.

Since he said it's not about money and more about championships, I am inclined to believe him over you (unless you are psychic then I stand corrected)

Halladay
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Ok, Bosh would never play with both Wade and LeBron. Bosh would want to be a number 1 scoring option, but there he would be number 3.

I don't think you know anything about Bosh or the Raptors but you talk like you know him personally. So how's Chris doing anyway?

dwiduck
11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
lol Love it how this has been the big discussion of late in the NBA...talking about all these stars and which team they'll sign with...IN 20 FREAKIN 10. Not even funny how pre-mature these talks are and I would slap whoever brought all these talks up to begin with.

The only person making ANY sense! thank you, Lebron still has 2 more seasons with the Cavs plus a player option.

FlawlessKB24
11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
I dont know why anyone is making a big deal about James leavin, he is a hometown guy, hes lived in the area his whole life. The Cavs are set up better to contend now and later, the only players they have under contract past James are Mo Williams, Delonte West, JJ Hickson, and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson who is one of James's best friends. That also leaves them with enough money to sign two guys to MAX contracts during James's FA Summer. So, with the way the Cavs are set up they are contenders now and will be for many years. James even said that the only way he woudl leave is if it presented him with a better opportunity to win multiple championships which at this point in time. And right now the Cavs are his best opportunity to do that.

ok lets be real.
how may big name FA's signed with the Cavs? hell, how many above average players have signed with the Cavs? even with LeBron there?
all their players have come via draft or trades.
what makes you say someone would want to play in Cleveland in 2 years?

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:49 PM
ok lets be real.
how may big name FA's signed with the Cavs? hell, how many above average players have signed with the Cavs? even with LeBron there?
all their players have come via draft or trades.
what makes you say someone would want to play in Cleveland in 2 years?

Uh, the Cavs havent exactly had the cap space bro. In 2010, they will.

Draco
11-21-2008, 07:51 PM
It'd be nice to see Bosh go to Cleveland ;)

FlawlessKB24
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM

i think you misread me, or maybe i wasnt clear enough, my bad

how many big name FA's have EVER signed with the Cavs?
the cavs have had some money to sign semi-decent players in the James era, whay havent they?
because no one wants to play in Ohio

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
It'd be nice to see Bosh go to Cleveland ;)

I mean honestly, am I the only one who would rather see Lebron stay in Cleveland? And them even get another star player? Those fans are starved for ANY sort of success and Lebron has pretty much been their only ray of light in a long *** time and now everybody wants him to jump and go to NY...so sad.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
i think you misread me, or maybe i wasnt clear enough, my bad

how many big name FA's have EVER signed with the Cavs?
the cavs have had some money to sign semi-decent players in the James era, whay havent they?
because no one wants to play in Ohio

If this was true no Ohio teams would ever be able to sign anybody period.

Lebron James being with the Cavaliers would change minds though. What huge star free agents have been on the market during the James era when the Cavs have had cap space? I Cant really think of many.

The problem with the Cavs is they have made shots at signing and stuff and most of them have been huge blunders. I don't think you could go wrong with a guy like Bosh though.

Draco
11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I mean honestly, am I the only one who would rather see Lebron stay in Cleveland? And them even get another star player? Those fans are starved for ANY sort of success and Lebron has pretty much been their only ray of light in a long *** time and now everybody wants him to jump and go to NY...so sad.

Hometown, better team, more money.. 3 reasons why Lebron stays put. I wouldn't mind if he did. There are other FA's that are more likely to move than Lebron.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Hometown, better team, more money.. 3 reasons why Lebron stays put. I wouldn't mind if he did. There are other FA's that are more likely to move than Lebron.

Right. The truth is the national media and even fans across the nba want to see him go elsewhere. I think it's sad honestly. Screw the Knicks...I mean seriously, the Knicks? Like New York needs more success?

For once I want a FEEL GOOD story in sports.

stawka
11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
The only point you have is that there is a chance he may not want to leave period, but if he does, with cap space, and a combination of Nate Robinson, Duhon, Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Harrington, Eddy Curry, even Gallinari either as retained players or trade bait, you're dead wrong in thinking they aren't capable of setting up players through trades or new signings around Lebron to make them a contender.

The problem with that is, there will be 28 other teams that will be extremely pissed off - most of them would be setting up cap space for LeBron... So why would they make trades for any of those guys if it's going to help the Knicks get a Championship?

bleedprple&gold
11-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Well its obvious that teams are making moves right NOW with an eye for 2010 so these teams brought on these discussions themselves by the moves they have made. It's not like someone on PSD just decided "hey, you know what, let's talk about the 2010 free agency, that would be fun." Yes 2010 is a little ways off, but these moves are happening right NOW and thus warrant discussion.

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 09:24 PM
There are alot of haters on here.

I agree the knicks are a tremendously horrible team with little talent but they've got two whole years to make things happen.

They're getting a top 5 pick this year.

They'll have enough cap to sign 3 superstars.

LOL at championships over money. Do you think Lebron would rather have a 20 dollar ring or become a billionaire in the biggest financial market in the universe?
Did you guys know he gets 90 million from his Nike contract just by moving to a bigger market than sadtown Cleveland?

And with all the money the knicks have, they can just buy a title like the Celtics did except they don't have to give up any young players , picks. If the Celtics convinced KG and Ray Allen to come to Boston with their **** *** team, why can't New York convince Lebron, Dwade, and the likes to do the same?

Sorry if I come off as another one of those "arrogant" New Yorkers but it's just my opinion. Well I'll be getting Lebron's welcome mat ready :)

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
1. lebron grew up in akron, not cleveland. that's like growing up in newark and claiming nyc as your hometown

2. lebron on MULTIPLE occasions has said he wants to be a "global icon." where better to do that than in the global epicenter

3. the cap space cleared today by walsh effectively reversed half a decade of craptastic moves by isiah

4. with said cap space, the knicks can now go after TWO superstars. they may not get two, but they will DEFINITELY get one. there is no chance in hell that someone from lebron/wade/bosh/amare/dirk/etc won't come to the mecca of america

5. correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't lebron have an escalator clause in his nike deal if he plays in ny (which would obviously go for brooklyn too if the nets move there)

6. lebron will suit up in 2010 for one of three teams: the knicks, the cavs or the nets

7. i am the happiest knick fan alive today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draco
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
lol. Well, at least Akron and Cleveland are in the same state.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
1 We will be so under the cap that we will be able to Offer max contract to TWO of the players like Lebron+Stou or Wade+Bosh or any other combination.

2 If he does not come, ok we spent the money on Bosh, Wade , Stou or wait for 2011 and grab DWIGHT HOWARD,KOBE or CHRIS PAUL ( wonder why no one mentions 2011)

3 Yes we will suck this year, uh so bad, it hurts a lot our chances, because we all know that Having Brandon Jennings or Ricky Rubio in the team is something so bad that no one would want to come ;).

4 Paraphrasing 300 : THIS IS NEW YORK!!! Ohio? whats that? .

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:34 PM
There are alot of haters on here.

I agree the knicks are a tremendously horrible team with little talent but they've got two whole years to make things happen.

They're getting a top 5 pick this year.

They'll have enough cap to sign 3 superstars.

LOL at championships over money. Do you think Lebron would rather have a 20 dollar ring or become a billionaire in the biggest financial market in the universe?
Did you guys know he gets 90 million from his Nike contract just by moving to a bigger market than sadtown Cleveland?

And with all the money the knicks have, they can just buy a title like the Celtics did except they don't have to give up any young players , picks. If the Celtics convinced KG and Ray Allen to come to Boston with their **** *** team, why can't New York convince Lebron, Dwade, and the likes to do the same?

Sorry if I come off as another one of those "arrogant" New Yorkers but it's just my opinion. Well I'll be getting Lebron's welcome mat ready

Well, I dunno, seeing as he says he wants championships, I'd go by what he said.

2. lebron on MULTIPLE occasions has said he wants to be a "global icon." where better to do that than in the global epicenter

he already is one.

6. lebron will suit up in 2010 for one of three teams: the knicks, the cavs or the nets

Agree.

lol. Well, at least Akron and Cleveland are in the same state.

They are pretty close to each other. If Lebron left, he'd become the biggest villain in Ohio sports, I think. Not sure he'd want that in his home that he loves so much.

Just a few thoughts. The Knicks are probably landing a star in 2010. Not surei f it'll be Lebron though.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Anyway there are more than 3 options for him.

Stay in Cleveland, unlikely but if he wins one ring this year or next then it will be a LOCK.

Then yes the front runners are Nets and Knicks.

But Dont sleep on Dallas with Cuban loving to spend and in a big market .

Look too at Phoenix, Shaq vets Min, Nash Vets Min, Resign Stou Sign Lebron, Suns its a market that has proven atractive to Players Before.

And Finally, Lakers, yes they are over the cap , but if he REALLY wants to play there he WILL play there with a sign and Trade.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:39 PM
being a "global icon" based out of cleveland is like saying you're the CEO of a 3-person company that nets $40K a year

being a "global icon" based out of ny is like saying you're ted turner and bill gates

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I knew this HATER SUPREME started this bogey azz thread.

I could smell him from the Knicks Forum.

cmstophe
Anyway there are more than 3 options for him.

Stay in Cleveland, unlikely but if he wins one ring this year or next then it will be a LOCK.

Then yes the front runners are Nets and Knicks.

But Dont sleep on Dallas with Cuban loving to spend and in a big market .

Look too at Phoenix, Shaq vets Min, Nash Vets Min, Resign Stou Sign Lebron, Suns its a market that has proven atractive to Players Before.

And Finally, Lakers, yes they are over the cap , but if he REALLY wants to play there he WILL play there with a sign and Trade.

I'd argue staying in Cleveland is the MOST Likely option at this point. Re-signing is always the most likely option for high profile free agents. This is no exception. Him being from Ohio and loving Ohio only enhances that.

being a "global icon" based out of cleveland is like saying you're the CEO of a 3-person company that nets $40K a year

being a "global icon" based out of ny is like saying you're ted turner and bill gates

The only difference is money.

Whether he plays in Greece, Cleveland, or New York, he is a global icon whether you like it or not. They have museums in his honor in China. His gear remains on top of sales charts around the world. And that's with him in Cleveland.

rosesbulls
1 We will be so under the cap that we will be able to Offer max contract to TWO of the players like Lebron+Stou or Wade+Bosh or any other combination.

2 If he does not come, ok we spent the money on Bosh, Wade , Stou or wait for 2011 and grab DWIGHT HOWARD,KOBE or CHRIS PAUL ( wonder why no one mentions 2011)

3 Yes we will suck this year, uh so bad, it hurts a lot our chances, because we all know that Having Brandon Jennings or Ricky Rubio in the team is something so bad that no one would want to come ;).

4 Paraphrasing 300 : THIS IS NEW YORK!!! Ohio? whats that? .

Chris Paul isnt going, Kobe will retire a laker, Orlando will do everything in there power to prevent another Shaq blunder.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:46 PM
The only difference is money.

Whether he plays in Greece, Cleveland, or New York, he is a global icon whether you like it or not. They have museums in his honor in China. His gear remains on top of sales charts around the world. And that's with him in Cleveland.

you know as well as id that there's a HUGE difference between having your image on a massive billboard in cleveland, greece and times square.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:48 PM
you know as well as id that there's a HUGE difference between having your image on a massive billboard in cleveland, greece and times square.

Explain it to me.

Explain what would happen besides the increase in money from the Nike clause.

Please tell me...he would sell more jerseys? Which are already being sold at record paces worldwide? He would have more museums built in his honor, which he already has in places like China?

Or, in reality, would the difference just be that he plays for YOUR favorite team and so...it must be different... ;) I think it's the latter!

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
The Player that brings New York a championship will have brought the most coveted prize in sports since the Boston's (uggh) World Series Chip.

Its definately the most coveted in the NBA.

The amount of attention it would receive will be unreal. When you win in NY, it just doesn't get any bigger than that. The people who don't understand that, never truly will.

BroadwayJoe
11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Explain it to me.

Please tell me...he would sell more jerseys? Which are already being sold at record paces worldwide? He would have more museums built in his honor, which he already has in places like China?

Or, in reality, would the difference just be that he plays for YOUR favorite team and so...it must be different... ;) I think it's the latter!

really, it's all about the escalator clause. i'm sure an extra $100mill is enough incentive to AT LEAST sway someone's mind.

then again, i'm sure your morals would have you act otherwise...

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Explain it to me.

Over the years some of the most successfull jerzeys PERIOD, have always been Knicks Jerzeys...Imagine how crazy a Lebron 23 Knick Jerzey would be.

It would be the highest selling sports item ever.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
The Player that brings New York a championship will have brought the most coveted prize in sports since the Boston's (uggh) World Series Chip.

Its definately the most coveted in the NBA.

The amount of attention it would receive will be unreal. When you win in NY, it just doesn't get any bigger than that. The people who don't understand that, never truly will.

I guess so.

Forgive me- I dont live in New York and thus dont drink the Kool Aid there

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I guess so.

Forgive me- I dont live in New York and thus dont drink the Kool Aid there

Your missing out then, we have the best KOOL AID in the world, it all starts with the extra clean tap water we have.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:04 PM
It would be pretty funny if none of the superstars sign with the Knicks :laugh2:
they'll have cap space for nothing

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Your missing out then, we have the best KOOL AID in the world, it all starts with the extra clean tap water we have.

Clean?

New York?

These go together? :) Big time cities are NOT clean, much less New York!

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok, How many Young studs that have been in the league for at least 7 or 8 years on the last 15 years have not changed their uniform ?.

Shaq? Changed uniforms 4! times.

Mourning? Four Times.

Mutombo? Four or it was 5?

Webber? Iverson? Kg?, Ray Allen? Payton? Shawn Kemp? Nash? Kidd? Mashburn?Pau Gasol? T-Mac? Carter? Sheed? Larry Johnson? Derrick Coleman?Petrovic? etc etc etc etc etc.

Who didnt Move? Duncan/Robinson ( Lots of rings) Kobe (didnt need to since he was in one of the Biggest markets/teams possible and won rings), Dirk ....will end up somwhere else.

If they win, he MAY stay.

If they Fail he is GONE.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 10:10 PM
^Now i come to think of it, Delete Kobe, he was a Hornet for 5 minutes...

jetsfan28
11-21-2008, 10:11 PM

What makes you think they think that? Bosh, Wade, Dirk, McGrady, possibly Amare, and many others are available in 2010 as well. And superstars like LeBron will be interested in the fact that the Knicks can afford 2 max contracts, meaning if someone like Bosh is OK with being a 2nd option, they could have Bosh and LeBron.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
The only guy as big as these free agents is Shaq. And he is an exception. SI ran an article about this and determined the only FA of this magnitude to switch teams in a long time was Shaq.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:13 PM
What makes you think they think that? Bosh, Wade, Dirk, McGrady, possibly Amare, and many others are available in 2010 as well. And superstars like LeBron will be interested in the fact that the Knicks can afford 2 max contracts, meaning if someone like Bosh is OK with being a 2nd option, they could have Bosh and LeBron.

The point is the Knicks arent the ONLY ones who can get both Lebron and Bosh....

jetsfan28
11-21-2008, 10:13 PM
The point is the Knicks arent the ONLY ones who can get both Lebron and Bosh....

And LeBron and Bosh aren't the only guys they could get, so that doesn't really matter.

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Clean?

New York?

These go together? :) Big time cities are NOT clean, much less New York!

Actually your wrong, really wrong.

New York's drinking water is hands down the most clean tap water in the entire United States, which in turn means the world.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:16 PM
And LeBron and Bosh aren't the only guys they could get, so that doesn't really matter.

Well that has nothing to do with it. insert any other FA's name for Lebron or Bosh. I was just using them as an example to say the Knicks arent alone in being able to sign two top FAs.

New York's drinking water is hands down the most clean tap water in the entire United States, which in turn means the world.

this is a sports forum. I was kidding. Nobody even cares though, honestly, about NY's freakin tap water, and by clean I didnt even mean water.

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 10:18 PM

Supposedly LeBron has no talent around him right now in Cleveland either.

I guess his best teammate on New York (if he des indeed go to New York) would be David Lee? Or maybe they draft a gem with their top 5 pick. Or maybe they can sign someone along with LeBron, there is a ton of talent out there in 2010.

The only downside is that the Knicks are going to suck the next two years and they don't really even care about winning right now. But they weren't going to go anywhere anyway, so it's not a huge deal.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
:pity:

Thats what make Knicks hated around the Usa.

And what makes Americans hated around the World.

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 10:23 PM

Actually Chicago tap water is cleaner

http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/50-cleanest-dirtiest-cities-in-america/article15115.html

Don't use a term like hands down if you aren't even sure although it is pretty close

Aussy4GM
11-21-2008, 10:24 PM
hahah you guys are all dumbasses especially people who think the knicks will get lebron wade and amare hahahahahahahaha hilarious anyways i bet you anything that the NETS get lebron james as they will be moving to brooklyn and a new stadium and with his friend Jay-Z as the owner i dont see him turning that down i also think he might go to chicago knowing that thats where his idol played and with the young talent they have there

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Well that has nothing to do with it. insert any other FA's name for Lebron or Bosh. I was just using them as an example to say the Knicks arent alone in being able to sign two top FAs.

this is a sports forum. I was kidding. Nobody even cares though, honestly, about NY's freakin tap water, and by clean I didnt even mean water.

Don't call my city dirty then.

Hey at least you got a free lesson in New York's world renown tap water.

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 10:27 PM
^^ There not moving till after 2010 and even then i dont think its a lock that they move to BK

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:28 PM
hahah you guys are all dumbasses especially people who think the knicks will get lebron wade and amare hahahahahahahaha hilarious anyways i bet you anything that the NETS get lebron james as they will be moving to brooklyn and a new stadium and with his friend Jay-Z as the owner i dont see him turning that down i also think he might go to chicago knowing that thats where his idol played and with the young talent they have there

F
A
I
L

Really man why in the world would he go to Chicago?
Jordan is why he would go play there? seriously?? wowwwwww

F
A
I
L

Nets stadium won't be done by the time the big free agency hits ,
I believe. And hell no Nets are out of the Lebron James race

one more time

F
A
I
L

idiot :)

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't call my city dirty then.

Hey at least you got a free lesson in New York's world renown tap water.

Looks like the guy above you proved you wrong on this meaningless subject anyhow.

And I'll call it whatever I want, thank you. Big cities are always dirty. I've lived almost my entire life in cities, I think I'd know. I'm pretty sure I can say big cities are always dirty if new york fans can act like they're superior to everyone else.

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Really man why in the world would he go to Chicago?

Because the Bulls already have the best complementary players, and a projected star PG (by 2010) of any team that can bid in 2010.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Because the Bulls already have the best complementary players, and a projected star PG (by 2010) of any team that can bid in 2010.

:sigh:
in that case
He could come to the Heat
Wade - Superstar
Beasley - tons of potential
add Lebron into the mix
crazyyy :cool:

dwiduck
11-21-2008, 10:33 PM

true dat :clap:

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Big cities are not always dirty.

Madrid is Dirty, Barcelona Isnt.

Draco
11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
in that case
Wade - Superstar
add Lebron into the mix

Hey, it's possible and you're entitled to your opinion. Do you see me taking that away from you? You asked why Lebron would come to Chicago. I gave you the answer.

I'll add this thought since you're intent on being disagreeable. Wade and Lebron would both demand the ball too much to co-exist (Do I think Lebron would go to Miami to share the ball with Wade? No) on the same team and Beasley isn't as appealing as Rose.

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
:pity:

Thats what make Knicks hated around the Usa.

And what makes Americans hated around the World.

Our water? lol:rolleyes:

The Knicks are only hated by classless ignorant sports fans in America, so who cares really, and when we're competitive, we're one of the most celebrated teams in the league.

Look how popular we are when we suck! lol

Its sad to hear someone say we are hated around the world, but I know what you mean, we've looked better b4, but don't blame that on my sincere belief America (most notably NY) has the most clean tap water in the world...blame that on Bush and the NEO-Conservitive Politics that have doomed us the last 8 years or so...really the last 30 years, but who's counting right?

You have the savage claw of house cat.

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
in that case
Wade - Superstar
add Lebron into the mix

Heat would be pretty dominate but Wade and him are both people who like to handle the ball alot seeing as how they both the type of players who are drive first players and that wouldnt work, as well as wade, beasley (although he isnt nearly as good as i thought he would look day 1) and a bosh would make HEAT instant top 3 in East.

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow. He said "reliable sources" have told him this....pretty bold statement....

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
that's cool but tons of teams
will go after Bosh too
(Miami included) :)

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Switch Bosh with Amare and i agree(Hopefully)

LayZbone
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
whatever. as long as Wade stays in the M.I.A.

licoachjim
11-21-2008, 10:41 PM
New aYork is a big market. Endorsement opportunities are huge. I dont know if Lebron will leave Cleveland but the Knicks will be picking in the top 10 for two seasons and hopefully they do better with there draft picks this season then they did last season.That kid from Oklahoma would look real good in a Knicks jersey. A lot of cap space will be clear with the Trades they made today and all the players they picked up deals end in 2010. They will be able to sway at least two top players to come to New York and if they can pick two solid players in the draft in the next two seasons and keep Lee and Chandler. They will have something to work with.

Ramon Nivar
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Reliable sources tell me Jalen Rose is a moron. Bosh won't be leaving an entire COUNTRY that adores him and LeBron will go with Shawn Carter IMO. Not to mention, will they be able to afford both? They won't go without MAX contracts..

MiamiHeat
Hey, it's possible and you're entitled to your opinion. Do you see me taking that away from you? You asked why Lebron would come to Chicago. I gave you the answer.

I'll add this thought since you're intent on being disagreeable. Wade and Lebron would both demand the ball too much to co-exist (Do I think Lebron would go to Miami to share the ball with Wade? No) on the same team and Beasley isn't as appealing as Rose.

That's what they said about KG, PP and RA
they all worked it out and their stats went down
but they did it for the championship
why can't that happen with Wade and Lebron
I now Wade will cut down on the ball handling being
such a humble superstar that he is, Beasley
still struggling right now they aren't
using him wisely, Rose is looking very impressed

dwiduck
Ok, How many Young studs that have been in the league for at least 7 or 8 years on the last 15 years have not changed their uniform ?.

Shaq? Changed uniforms 4! times.

Mourning? Four Times.

Mutombo? Four or it was 5?

Webber? Iverson? Kg?, Ray Allen? Payton? Shawn Kemp? Nash? Kidd? Mashburn?Pau Gasol? T-Mac? Carter? Sheed? Larry Johnson? Derrick Coleman?Petrovic? etc etc etc etc etc.

Who didnt Move? Duncan/Robinson ( Lots of rings) Kobe (didnt need to since he was in one of the Biggest markets/teams possible and won rings), Dirk ....will end up somwhere else.

If they win, he MAY stay.

If they Fail he is GONE.

How many players have turned down max contracts to change team?

1 Shaq

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Jalen Rose runs the NBA. David Stern is his pawn.

How wouldn't Jalen Rose know?

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Jalen Rose is a moron. Bosh won't be leaving an entire COUNTRY that adores him and LeBron will go with Shawn Carter IMO. Not to mention, will they be able to afford both? They won't go without MAX contracts..

Well 50 million in cap space will be cleared up by then...so yes.

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Jalen Rose runs the NBA. David Stern is his pawn.

How wouldn't Jalen Rose know?

:shrug:

SAVAGE CLAW
What i meant is very conceited to go out and declare that your towns water is the best in the world just because it is in the States.

The America is best and first , everything else is second or third or sucks attitude.

Thats what i was saying.

And New Yorkers tend to act like if they were superior to others.

Thats what annoys people from other teams.

Im a Knick fan, and i love the City so dont shoot me.

MiamiHeat
Heat would be pretty dominate but Wade and him are both people who like to handle the ball alot seeing as how they both the type of players who are drive first players and that wouldnt work as well as wade beasley although he isnt nearly as good as i thought he would look day 1 and a bosh would make Wade instant top 3 in East.

Beasley every time he makes a mistake he gets benched
he can't learn from his mistakes he doesn't get a chance,
and Rose he is the ball handler of course he will mature faster
and become a great player faster, just give Beasley some time.

Bosh and Wade
Bron and Wade

they sound good :)

Draco
That's what they said about KG, PP and RA
they all worked it out and their stats went down
but they did it for the championship
why can't that happen with Wade and Lebron
I now Wade will cut down on the ball handling being
such a humble superstar that he is, Beasley
still struggling right now they aren't
using him wisely, Rose is looking very impressed

IMO because KG, PP, and RA are all at the peak or downward slope of their careers. I think Lebron would want to have a larger role being in his mid 20s (in 2010)

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Also,

just to point things out.

Why would Donnie Walsh trade away all these guys without having atleast a whisper or clue or hint that Lebron or someone big would sign in NY?

Sounds a bit crazy if he didn't have some sort of insider info......

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:45 PM

:hi5:

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Actually Chicago tap water is cleaner

http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/50-cleanest-dirtiest-cities-in-america/article15115.html

Don't use a term like hands down if you aren't even sure although it is pretty close

Buffalo...a new york city, is one of the top cities in your ranking...I didn't see Chicago there. New York gets alot of its water form the adirondack mountains.

Your just in a NEW YORK "HATER" state of mind tonight Rosie.:clap::clap:

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Also,

Why would Donnie Walsh trade away all these guys without having atleast a whisper or clue or hint that Lebron or someone big would sign in NY?

Maybe Jalen Rose told him....

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Just before Knicks fans start salivating:

Jalen rose, before the game, said the exact opposite.

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Also,

is call ummmm trying your luck to see if somebody signs
and just incase he will have cap space

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
IMO because KG, PP, and RA are all at the peak or downward slope of their careers. I think Lebron would want to have a larger role being in his mid 20s (in 2010)

well I think
they will cut down on their ball handling
for the sake of winning a championship
that is the biggest prize they could get and target

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I heard the same thing. I laughed my @$$ out of my chair. A credible source told me that I was going to be a millionaire 6 years from now.

How the hell would anyone know what other people are going to be doing 2 years from now. Plus, its TWO years from now. Are we going to have to hear about this for 2 whole years? He is a free agent, big deal, lots of other great players are going to be free then also.

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I heard the same thing. I laughed my @$$ out of my chair. A credible source told me that I was going to be a millionaire 6 years from now.

How the hell would anyone know what other people are going to be doing 2 years from now. Plus, its TWO years from now. Are we going to have to hear about this for 2 whole years? He is a free agent, big deal, lots of other great players are going to be free then also.

Yeah, I know. How the hell would he know 2 years before it happens? Does Rose have a time machine?

MrBloop
11-21-2008, 10:52 PM
What i meant is very conceited to go out and declare that your towns water is the best in the world just because it is in the States.

The America is best and first , everything else is second or third or sucks attitude.

Thats what i was saying.

And New Yorkers tend to act like if they were superior to others.

Thats what annoys people from other teams.

Im a Knick fan, and i love the City so dont shoot me.

You need a swagger adjustment, lose the bow tie and the top button on your polo shirt. The New York state of mind is what it is, "Think your the best, but respect your opponent", thats whats made this city the greatest in the world.

I hope other cities are annoyed, makes it sweeter when we win.

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Buffalo...a new york city, is one of the top cities in your ranking...I didn't see Chicago there. New York gets alot of its water form the adirondack mountains.

Your just in a NEW YORK "HATER" state of mind tonight Rosie.:clap::clap:

New york city has the 2nd dirtiest but it would be dirtiest but Chicago although having great drinking water it has a bad score because of it having so much industry. And it being the architectural city in the world it is bond to have a lot of problems on the way outskirts were its all factories

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Also,

Why wouldn't he? We all knew the Knicks were not going to win anything this year and probably next. They should trade any talent making over $5 million for expiring contracts in 2010. They should trade for the worst talent in the league. As long as they expire in 2010. That would mean the Knicks would probably get 2 number 1 picks, keep Lee, Chandler and Gallinari and sign 2 stars and roll players to fill out the roster. Its the only sensible thing they have done roster wise in a long time

BADizzleBoY
11-21-2008, 10:56 PM
They have just said good-bye to there chances of getting LeBron after todays trades.

they got rid of zbos contract for expiring, they got even more of a chance, and your an nba fan?

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
why are you guys discussing about who's city is cleaner and who has the cleanest water
on a Why do you the Knicks think LBJ is theirs in 2010 thread?

Utah47Jazz
11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Psyche!

barreleffact
11-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope LBJ and Bosh pair and Wade gets Amare or preferably D12 someday

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 10:59 PM
You need a swagger adjustment, lose the bow tie and the top button on your polo shirt. The New York state of mind is what it is, "Think your the best, but respect your opponent", thats whats made this city the greatest in the world.

I hope other cities are annoyed, makes it sweeter when we win.

blah b lah blah new york is awesome blah blah blah

everybody outside of new york in the sports world hates it. so enjoy it.

Draco
11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Are we going to have to hear about this for 2 whole years?

Yep, I PM'ed JordansBulls to sticky this thread. ;)

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I hope LBJ and Bosh pair and Wade gets Amare or preferably D12 someday

wow
WADE
D12

:drool:

that would def. be a good match up

D12 vs BOSH
WADE VS BRON

wow i just got hard of this
lol (kidding) :cool:

JMan17
11-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I know. How the hell would he know 2 years before it happens? Does Rose have a time machine?

you didn't know? Jalen rose actually averaged like 2 points his whole career but went back in time and kept changing it so that he could avg more...OH NO!!! JALEN IS ON TO ME! HE JUST GRABBED MY SHIRT AND IS TAKING ME AWAY! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!! !!!!!

:p

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 11:01 PM
wow
WADE
D12

D12 vs BOSH
WADE VS BRON

Wow i would love to see that,It would def revive the Heat/Knicks Rivalry

still1ballin
11-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Lots of things can happen in two years. Rose talks out of his ***

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 11:03 PM
you didn't know? Jalen rose actually averaged like 2 points his whole career but went back in time and kept changing it so that he could avg more...oh no!!! Jalen is on to me! He just grabbed my shirt and is taking me away! Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!! !!!!!

:p

rofl

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Wow i would love to see that,It would def revive the Heat/Knicks Rivalry

:nod:
it would def. revive it
very young teams
probably meet in the conference finals
for a few years straight:)

Hustla23
11-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Man, the knicks/heat rivalry of old was legendary stuff.

They were so intense back in the day.

I remember there would be a fight like every other game LOL.

Too bad now you have the D'antoni style pansey ladies playing in the garden.

Except for Nate. He's pretty G lol.

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 11:06 PM
:nod:
it would def. revive it
very young teams
probably meet in the conference finals
for a few years straight:)

D12,Wade,Beasley, Chandler,Lebron,Bosh/Amare.Those 2 teams would dominate the East :)

Brooke
11-21-2008, 11:07 PM
he also said earlier he thinks LeBron will stay in Cleveland and Wade will stay in Miami

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
he also said earlier he thinks LeBron will stay in Cleveland and Wade will stay in Miami

Yes, he did.

Either he's the biggest flip flopper in history or...he's just a liar. Prolly both.

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 11:10 PM
I really doubt bron, bosh, wade or any of the stars have any idea were there going right now and i doubt they'll know next year. Probably none of them will know for sure until 2010.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Jalen Rose trying to play nasty trick on Knicks? leaving them to feed the dogs on a Tampering accusation?

MilfHunter07
11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Breaking NEWS Mark Albert just said that the Lebron is going to sign a 10$ 10 year contract with the Wild Dogs in south africa. And guess what since Mark Albert sits in a pretty espn chair just like Rose so his predictions have to be TRUEEEE. I need to find a way to sit on one of those espn chairs.

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 11:18 PM
why is rose even on espn even in his prime he was just above average-bench all star, He was never a super star or a star for a long time i dont get why he is there

MilfHunter07
11-21-2008, 11:19 PM
why is rose even on espn even in his prime he was just above average-bench all star, He was never a super star or a star for a long time i dont get why he is there

I'm thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

Hustla23

Man I never get the bench all star games on my tv :(

DODGERS&LAKERS
Yep, I PM'ed JordansBulls to sticky this thread. ;)

Thread? It needs its own forum. Here are your options, MLB NFL NBA NHL Lebron and the Knicks Forums Blogs Scores More...... teams interested in Lebron :mad:

Ramon Nivar
11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Also,

You could say the same thing about the Pistons though...

MilfHunter07
11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
But we all know where King James and Bosh are going. TO M.I.A BABY.

hotpotato1092
11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
why hasn't anybody thought about the knicks signing a lebron/bosh/wade/amare in 2010, then holding on to the rest of their cap room and geting another player in 2011?

oak2455
11-21-2008, 11:29 PM
I really doubt bron, bosh, wade or any of the stars have any idea were there going right now and i doubt they'll know next year. Probably none of them will know for sure until 2010.

shhhhhhhhh remember spell check when you start a New Thread.......

LETS GO KNICKS!!!! LETS GO KNICKS!!!! LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap:

Giaps
11-21-2008, 11:42 PM
It's not just about Lebron. He's the grand prize of 2010 but there are a ton of other superstars that will also be available as 2nd options.

MooseWithFleas
11-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Its just hope for a team who hasn't had much in the last few years.

MooseWithFleas
11-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Wow. He said "reliable sources" have told him this....pretty bold statement....

LOL NICE JALEN... Considering it is illegal to talk contracts with other teams right now, I highly doubt that this is true. Nice try predicting the future 2 years down the friggen road, you crippled homer

NYMNYRNYJNYK
11-22-2008, 12:21 AM
hey, ESPN was always anti-new york. this is great...

GO NY, GO NY, GO NY, GO!!

blacknell
11-22-2008, 12:38 AM
rose is still around?

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 12:41 AM

ROFL

"ESPN always was anti New York"

LMFAO

I never got a bigger laugh...

sunsalltheway03
11-22-2008, 12:41 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Knicks will be able to get both. But, I can possibly see them getting one. I mean, I'm sure part of the reason they did these trades besides getting rid of large and unwanted contracts, was to free up space for 2010. Thats a big year.

innovator
11-22-2008, 12:48 AM
yeah, i know. How the hell would he know 2 years before it happens? Does rose have a time machine?

maybe lebron and bosh told rose that they would sign with the knicks

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 01:00 AM

Maybe this "insider" told him about that during the break. That would be my guess. He says Lebron will stay. Knicks make trade. Insiders tell him their "insider" info. He tells the world on TV. That is just a guess. :shrug:

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Yes, he did.

Either he's the biggest flip flopper in history or...he's just a liar. Prolly both.

Or the insider told him the info after he made his previous comment. You didn't think of that, did you?

JordansBulls
11-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Well I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron and Bosh in New York because it puts them back on the map. But I only want that to happen if the Bulls get Wade and/or Boozer.

Imagine a NYK vs Chicago matchup now with Lebron vs Wade.

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 01:25 AM
LOL I heard when he said that, I was like WTF no way. Im saying Bosh stays in Toronto and Lebron will go either NY, NJ, and Cavs.

LD V2.0
11-22-2008, 01:37 AM
With all due respect to Jalen, my sources tell me he's just trying to stir the pot. I don't see Bosh giving up that extra year from Toronto for $22-$25M, especially if they're reasonably competitive. I say that because if they make the playoffs the next two seasons they will have established a sense of stability, they will have Calderon and Bargnani still on contract more than likely and on top of that the cap space to sign a big name star. Bosh can have everything he wants and stay in Toronto and make a lot more money. Some people fail to recognize this and instead take the ignorant stance of "Chris American, American no live in Canada. Canada bad. Chris come to America. America good."

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Or the insider told him the info after he made his previous comment. You didn't think of that, did you?

...the trade had already been made earlier in the day, so it didn't go like "Lebron will stay, ope knicks trade, ope Lebron is going to NY"

I hate to break it to you but if there is some agreement in place, it is against NBA regulations. It's totally untrue, most likely. You realize how unlikely it is he is on the phone at his little desk talking to Lebron James during the game who tells him "Yea Jalen I just decided to go to NY"

Didnt think of that, did you?

Well I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron and Bosh in New York because it puts them back on the map. But I only want that to happen if the Bulls get Wade and/or Boozer.

Cleveland going off the map doesn't mean anything though? Like New York fans need more success. I like the fact he put the Cavaliers back on the map and gave Cleveland something to be happy about. Now they have to put up with people (like yourself) hoping he leaves. I dunno. I think it's lame...but what do I know?

LayZbone
11-22-2008, 01:46 AM

exactly what others in this thread have mentioned....except Wade staying in Miami. Wade vs. Lebron. MIA vs. NYK, a rivalry that already goes way back. That'd be better.

LD V2.0
11-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Haha, the funny thing is that James might end up in Europe making $50M/yr tax free, living expense free.

exactly what others in this thread have mentioned....except Wade staying in Miami. Wade vs. Lebron. MIA vs. NYK, a rivalry that already goes way back. That'd be better.

Will Chicago have the cap space to sign Wade? I don't know but if I'm Wade going home to play for my home team, the same team my childhood idol played for, might be tempting.

JordansBulls
11-22-2008, 01:54 AM

But Wade might think of going to play for his hometown with Rose. Also Chicago is a better market than Miami. Bulls games always sell out. Even when we were 15-67, 17-65 in 2000-2002.

MGB
11-22-2008, 01:54 AM
wow
WADE
D12

D12 vs BOSH
WADE VS BRON

WOW... that would be really nice! and just imagine, Wade and Amare will be playing with Derrick Rose and Luol Deng after 2010 too! that team will be UNSTOPPABULL! :D

SAVAGE CLAW
11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
The League Needs some determinate teams to be good.

Dont you find strange that in the last two year ALL of the Glorious 80s classic teams have been alowed to make raping trade and receive donations to have them back on track?

Celtics, Lakers , Sixers and in a side page Sterns Favourites from the 90s have both of them had "beating the odds" Number 1 Picks, Bulls and Blazers.

So, its only Knicks left to make a good revival.

MGB
11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Haha, the funny thing is that James might end up in Europe making $50M/yr tax free, living expense free.

Will Chicago have the cap space to sign Wade? I don't know but if I'm Wade going home to play for my home team, the same team my childhood idol played for, might be tempting.

as of right now, I think they may be a little short of having max money that summer if you include all the team options and stuff, but I'd imagine at least one of Kirk Hinrich/Nocioni/Luol Deng will be gone by then which would free up enough room.

LD V2.0
11-22-2008, 01:59 AM
The League Needs some determinate teams to be good.

Dont you find strange that in the last two year ALL of the Glorious 80s classic teams have been alowed to make raping trade and receive donations to have them back on track?

Celtics, Lakers , Sixers and in a side page Sterns Favourites from the 90s have both of them had "beating the odds" Number 1 Picks, Bulls and Blazers.

So, its only Knicks left to make a good revival.

Yeah its a conspiracy. Now all you need to do is explain to me why you think the owners of the Wolves, Grizzlies, Sonics--er I mean Thunder and Clippers would intentionally **** over their teams, which happens to be their livelihoods? You know lots of people watch basketball outside of Boston, L.A., and Philly....Right? LeBron has no trouble selling Jersey's or products in Cleveland and neither does Paul in New Orleans.

Mile High Champ
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
why has a thread like this not been shut down yet? How many of these stupid threads are we going to have with a stupid guessing game in trying to figure out where these guys are going to go? When did Rose become a source of usual information? Rose just runs his mouth for the hell of it and do people actually believe Lebron and Bosh would even tell Rose this information even if it were true. I gurantee Bosh and Lebron stay with their current teams.

Another stupid thread..

LayZbone
11-22-2008, 02:05 AM
But Wade might think of going to play for his hometown with Rose.

he might think about that, but i believe he's loyal to miami. He already said that he wants to stay in miami for his whole career, but if he went anywhere else, your right it'd prolly be chicago. the future is just as bright for us though. we have two great young guys: Beasley and Chalmers. And we'll have space to add a big as well.

Also Chicago is a better market than Miami.

Miami is a great market. If CHI is better, its not by much. I'd say the hometown factor is more important, the market difference isn't really an issue. It's not like Wade feels "Miami's market sucks! Trade me to one of the 2 or 3 cities w/ a better market". I mean it's not like he's playing for Memphis, Milwaukee or Minnesota.

DreamShaker
11-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah its a conspiracy. Now all you need to do is explain to me why you think the owners of the Wolves, Grizzlies, Sonics--er I mean Thunder and Clippers would intentionally **** over their teams, which happens to be their livelihoods? You know lots of people watch basketball outside of Boston, L.A., and Philly....Right? LeBron has no trouble selling Jersey's or products in Cleveland and neither does Paul in New Orleans.

McHale has been doing that to Minny for years now....

Draco
11-22-2008, 02:07 AM

There was another thread with an article listing several teams that will be at least 18 mil under the cap. Chicago is one of them.

Talick
11-22-2008, 02:09 AM
O SNAP! But I heard Memphis was hot on LeBron's Trail.

WTF!!! Seriously guys is this all we're going to talk about for the next two years?!
TWO YEARS!!!!

I'm leavin PSD :)

LD V2.0
11-22-2008, 02:14 AM
why has a thread like this not been shut down yet? How many of these stupid threads are we going to have with a stupid guessing game in trying to figure out where these guys are going to go? When did Rose become a source of usual information? Rose just runs his mouth for the hell of it and do people actually believe Lebron and Bosh would even tell Rose this information even if it were true. I gurantee Bosh and Lebron stay with their current teams.

Another stupid thread..

Well Bosh and him used to be teammates but Bosh isn't stupid. Whatever he is thinking of doing at this moment, he's not going to leak it out. That could **** with his own team chemistry and he's too competitive and too good a leader to do that, to fall into that. Jalen could have been got his info from a guy who runs a hot dog stand at MSG for all we know.

McHale has been doing that to Minny for years now....

Intentionally? Please...

WTF!!! Seriously guys is this all we're going to talk about for the next two years?!
TWO YEARS!!!!

I'm leavin PSD :)

Yes, exclusively. I think they're considering changing the forum name to "2010". ;)

Lizard King
11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
You know, a reliable source told me that the Lakers really won the NBA championship last year, and what we saw on TV was just our imagination.

Pran Raznor
11-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Whoa! Jalen Rose said!

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 03:02 AM
D12,Wade,Beasley, Chandler,Lebron,Bosh/Amare.Those 2 teams would dominate the East :)

take chandler out cuz i dont see him moving soon

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 03:04 AM
...the trade had already been made earlier in the day, so it didn't go like "Lebron will stay, ope knicks trade, ope Lebron is going to NY"

I hate to break it to you but if there is some agreement in place, it is against NBA regulations. It's totally untrue, most likely. You realize how unlikely it is he is on the phone at his little desk talking to Lebron James during the game who tells him "Yea Jalen I just decided to go to NY"

Didnt think of that, did you?

Personally I don't know if Jalen Rose is right or not because it is pretty ridiculous to predict something that is happening 2 years from now. Who knows? Maybe Lebron gets a career ending injury and this whole debate is moot.

The thing is, is that YOU can't call or presume him to be a liar because you have no idea what is going on. Like I said, he could have heard about the trade and said, LBJ is STILL staying in Cleveland. Then he gets a phone call from somebody who is supposedly an insider and gives him a scoop. He then changes his tune because of that scoop and tells it on ESPN...

I don't know if that is true. The insider could be wrong as well. You didn't think of that, did you? Many insiders are wrong and Jalen Rose could be just trying to stir the pot a bit. In the meantime, its fun to talk and enjoy the possibilities of Lebron and Bosh teaming up to go to New York.

GiantYankKnicks
11-22-2008, 03:04 AM
take chandler out cuz i dont see him moving soon

Wilson Chandler

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 03:14 AM
o0o cuz tyson chandler is a FA that yr too but I dont see him leaving new orlean or his points gunna goto 5 ppg

DreamShaker
11-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Intentionally? Please...

He makes you wonder sometimes;)

But I was totally joking....or at least not implying he is trying to intentionally sabotage them....

Lizard King
11-22-2008, 04:18 AM

Dwight Howard is not going to leave Orlando. Not a chance.

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 04:41 AM
he sounded pretty sure of it too.
tuesdays cavs/knicks game at the Garden is gonna be INSANE
i'm glad its on NBA TV!!!

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Dwight Howard is not going to leave Orlando. Not a chance.

your right
idk why everyone is bringing him up.
he signed an extension last year. he's locked up for like 5 more years

BoltLakerPadre
11-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Damn, that would be a formidable duo, Not the usual duo combo, the 3/4 and 4/5, but they're both so sick it could work. But how would they be able to afford anyone one else?

valade16
11-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Though LeBron said he wants to go to the place with the best chance to win,

he has also stated multiple times that he wants to be a BILLIONAIRE.

And the best place in the states to do that is NY....

valade16
11-22-2008, 05:10 AM
LeBron might very well leave, and so might Chris Bosh. Don't forget we've seen this same situation before.

Remember all those years ago when Orlando had a TON of money under the cap to sign 2 big name FAs? Though their first option Duncan eventually opted to stay with the Spurs, both Grant Hill (who was an all-star at the time) and T-Mac went to the magic despite both of them wanting to be the No. 1 player on the team, because they realized how good a combo it would be.

Unfortunately Hill got hurt and it never worked out but the idea is the same...

Blue Tiger
11-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Chris Bosh ain't going no where he's staying with the Toronto Raptors because they are winning and making the playoffs if he do leave he'll go to Dallas and play for the Mavericks in his hometown, LeBron James ain't going no where because he said he ain't going no where, Akron isn't far from Cleveland the Cavs are winning and making the playoffs and just required Mo Williams, Dwayne Wade said he want to spend the rest of his career in Miami playing for the Heat if he leaves then he'll go to Chicago and play for the Bulls in his hometown aswell, so the Knicks best bet is Amare Stoudmire and they'll have to compete with like 18 other teams to get him.

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Chris Bosh ain't going no where he's staying with the Toronto Raptors because they are winning and making the playoffs if he do leave he'll go to Dallas and play for the Mavericks in his hometown, LeBron James ain't going no where because he said he ain't going no where, Akron isn't far from Cleveland the Cavs are winning and making the playoffs and just required Mo Williams, Dwayne Wade said he want to spend the rest of his career in Miami playing for the Heat if he leaves then he'll go to Chicago and play for the Bulls in his hometown aswell, so the Knicks best bet is Amare Stoudmire and they'll have to compete with like 18 other teams to get him.

I'm not even sure if Akron made the list of Lebron's favorite cities. It was New York and LA at the top though. LBJ doesn't seem like the type to cling to his home-town (fan of Yankees, Cowboys, Bulls, etc. --not much of a Cleveland guy even though he grew up close).

Sport
11-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Why is this even being talked about so dam much.

Its 2 YEARS AWAY.

Im sick of it already.

LAKERS 24/7
11-22-2008, 06:29 AM

imo, wade will be M.I.A (missing in action :D) in the M.I.A

barreleffact
11-22-2008, 06:40 AM
I think Wade stays. Amare and lebron to NY and if D12 wont be free till forever, then Bosh to MIA...one can only dream tho..esp bout d12. he and wade would complement each other PERFECTLY

_Supreme_
11-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Anyone who would do the actual math would know it's basically impossible for a team to sign 2 max salary players away from other teams under the cap and still field a team (in the previous year and the year of the signings).

If the salary cap is about $60M that year those two players will take about $35M from it, probably even more, which leaves $25M for the rest of the roster, which would have to earn $1.9M on average.

And that is if the Knicks start the 2010 offseason with $0M salary. If they already have salary on the books, which is almost a sure thing, the small chance decreases even more.

Unless of course the Cavs and Raptors would go along with sign&trade deals, but even if they would do that the Knicks would hardly have any players to send in return, making that one unlikely also. Other teams would have more to offer than what NY would have.

Oh, and there still is Eddy Curry's horrible contract they need to get rid of. No sane team will take that contract off their hands because they would be stuck with a bum untill 2011, taking $10M+ of their cap each year.

So Jalen Rose (since when do people care about his opinions anyway?) is talking out of his backside again.

I can see the Knicks going after Lebron in 2010 for sure, but to get 2 max salary free agents to fit under their cap would take a miracle.

fredv
11-22-2008, 08:09 AM
If the Knicks get no superstar in 2010 or get nothing done, I think this would be the biggest fail in the history of sports.

haha

_Supreme_
11-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Its just hope for a team who hasn't had much in the last few years.

Exactly

(but some of them are already acting arrogant about it for some reason)

_Supreme_
11-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Though LeBron said he wants to go to the place with the best chance to win,

he has also stated multiple times that he wants to be a BILLIONAIRE.

And the best place in the states to do that is NY....

I like how you said "in the states", because if it would truly be all about the money for him he would be off to Greece.

Lebron James will get his deals/money regardless of where he plays.

NYYankeesWin#27
11-22-2008, 10:09 AM

ya u idiot. we have money to sign 2 superstars and like 1 all star

so u have Lebron w/ wade/bosh/amare and like redd/joe johnson

it would be a big 3 plus we will be getting prolly be gettin 2 high lottery picks 4 next 2 years n we have wilson chandler

also the endorsments he will get in NY will be insane.

w/ the team he will have his best chance better than Cleveland who got no1

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 10:14 AM

thats probabaly the most realistic thing on this thread even if it means bosh going to dallas:( but the only thing i would add is that lebron might go to the nets cuz since bron said he wants to be on a team that can win multiple championships the nets have a better core of young players then the knicks. with harris developing the way he is, and lopez and yi developing slowly by 2010 add bron to that team and it will be good. also brons friendship with jay-z helps :p

BALLER71
11-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Reliable sources tell me Jalen Rose is a moron. Bosh won't be leaving an entire COUNTRY that adores him and LeBron will go with Shawn Carter IMO. Not to mention, will they be able to afford both? They won't go without MAX contracts..

I think you just hate the idea of Bosh leaving...

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I think you just hate the idea of Bosh leaving...

its just that if u think about it with the raps being the only team in canada bosh is like a major superstar on top of that after the olympics he has fame everywhere. now look at this the raps made the playoffs last year and this year we got JO even if JO gets injured it shows the raptors are trying so bosh cant fault them for that. lastly y go to an american team and have all canadian fans hate u when u can stay in canada and have fans all over the place, make the playoffs and get a max contract here

valade16
11-22-2008, 10:38 AM
NYYankeesWin#27 I'm sorry but your flat out wrong!! LMFAO!!! You honestly think that a team of LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Amare/ and Redd is possible!!??!

If you sign 2 guys to max deals your talking upwards of $40 million right there, which leaves you just enough to sign your supporting 13 players (and lots of them will have to sign for cheap too)...

To add in either a Bosh/Amare/or Wade would be a third max deal, which wouldn't be possible because you can't sign free agents above the salary cap and $60 mil at once would certainly do that...

And even after signing 2 of those guys you wouldn't be able to add either a Joe Johnson or a Redd because they will sign for no less than $15 mil a year (most likely more)...

Theres a reason most teams have only had 2 superstars (jordan-pippen, duncan-robinson, shaq-kobe, wade-shaq), because they can only afford 2...

And the only reason the Celtics were able to afford 3 was because they traded for 2 of theirs, and even then none of their role players were household names (though posey later became one, and predicably the Celtics didn't have enough to resign him...)...

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Personally I don't know if Jalen Rose is right or not because it is pretty ridiculous to predict something that is happening 2 years from now. Who knows? Maybe Lebron gets a career ending injury and this whole debate is moot.

The thing is, is that YOU can't call or presume him to be a liar because you have no idea what is going on. Like I said, he could have heard about the trade and said, LBJ is STILL staying in Cleveland. Then he gets a phone call from somebody who is supposedly an insider and gives him a scoop. He then changes his tune because of that scoop and tells it on ESPN...

I don't know if that is true. The insider could be wrong as well. You didn't think of that, did you? Many insiders are wrong and Jalen Rose could be just trying to stir the pot a bit. In the meantime, its fun to talk and enjoy the possibilities of Lebron and Bosh teaming up to go to New York.

Didnt think of this, did you?

I can call him a liar because free agents dont commit to other teams TWO YEARS FROM NOW.

valade16
11-22-2008, 10:44 AM
To supreme, I think you need to readjust your math. The salary cap is already at something like $64 million, and most likely will increase, not decrease, before 2010, so I don't know where your getting this $60 mil idea...

pana1
11-22-2008, 10:47 AM
knicks betterget a point guard before 2010..who wants to come to NY to play with Chris Duhon?

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 10:47 AM
ya u idiot. we have money to sign 2 superstars and like 1 all star

so u have Lebron w/ wade/bosh/amare and like redd/joe johnson

it would be a big 3 plus we will be getting prolly be gettin 2 high lottery picks 4 next 2 years n we have wilson chandler

also the endorsments he will get in NY will be insane.

w/ the team he will have his best chance better than Cleveland who got no1

YA U IDIOT

rofl what a toolbag you are.

There is no guarantee ANYONE signs with you.

BALLER71
11-22-2008, 10:49 AM
its just that if u think about it with the raps being the only team in canada bosh is like a major superstar on top of that after the olympics he has fame everywhere. now look at this the raps made the playoffs last year and this year we got JO even if JO gets injured it shows the raptors are trying so bosh cant fault them for that. lastly y go to an american team and have all canadian fans hate u when u can stay in canada and have fans all over the place, make the playoffs and get a max contract here

Do you honestly think that a Basketball player, a millionaire, cares about fans?

lakersrock
11-22-2008, 10:52 AM
You guys realise NYK will have very good picks given how pathetic this team is going to be put together right? Add that into the fact they'll sign TWO max deals in 2010 and that D'Antoni's system fits him perfectly, it's simple. Oh yeah, don't forget the fact he's hinted at it for years too.

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 10:55 AM
You guys realise NYK will have very good picks given how pathetic this team is going to be put together right? Add that into the fact they'll sign TWO max deals in 2010 and that D'Antoni's system fits him perfectly, it's simple. Oh yeah, don't forget the fact he's hinted at it for years too.

One pick goes to Utah. Nobody has ever said they are going to NY, nor hinted at it. All Lebron has said is that he loves it in Cleveland, loves being in his comfort zone, likes New York City a lot, though, but that he will go where he can best win multiple championships.

We'll have to wait until 2010 to see where that is.

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Do you honestly think that a Basketball player, a millionaire, cares about fans?

y not would u rather play for a team where fans adore u or would u rather play for a team where they dont like u that much

justheboss
11-22-2008, 11:05 AM

New York is not only the most important city in the world outside of sports(remember 9/11 the whole world finances go through NY), its the biggest market in sports(more endorsements for James and bosh while they're winning championships). He's a big time Yankees fan, close with Jay z and other NY rap stars.

NY is building thru the draft with Wilson Chandler, Nate Rob, D Lee, whoever they draft this off season(which should be a high draft pick) and the following season(another high pick) then you add two A+++ players...game over stop hating on NY cause we will be hanging Champ banners in the Garden in two seasons!!!

Plus who wants to win a championship in a place like Cleveland or Toronto??
These guys want to be put in the Jordan(major market), Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem, Russell, Bird, Garrett Class and they wont do the in a small market example Oscar Robinson(Milwaukee??), Hakeem(Houston) or Malone and Stockton (Utah). While they're all great player none of them ever had the coverage of a player like Patrick Ewing(NY).

The point is that NY had more to offer in sports and just as important outside of sports.

Get ready to see nate robinson and q rich give up their numbers in two season to LeBron and Bosh.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kaptain Kanada
11-22-2008, 11:26 AM
New York is not only the most important city in the world outside of sports(remember 9/11 the whole world finances go through NY), its the biggest market in sports(more endorsements for James and bosh while they're winning championships). He's a big time Yankees fan, close with Jay z and other NY rap stars.

NY is building thru the draft with Wilson Chandler, Nate Rob, D Lee, whoever they draft this off season(which should be a high draft pick) and the following season(another high pick) then you add two A+++ players...game over stop hating on NY cause we will be hanging Champ banners in the Garden in two seasons!!!

Plus who wants to win a championship in a place like Cleveland or Toronto??
These guys want to be put in the Jordan(major market), Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem, Russell, Bird, Garrett Class and they wont do the in a small market example Oscar Robinson(Milwaukee??), Hakeem(Houston) or Malone and Stockton (Utah). While they're all great player none of them ever had the coverage of a player like Patrick Ewing(NY).

The point is that NY had more to offer in sports and just as important outside of sports.

Get ready to see nate robinson and q rich give up their numbers in two season to LeBron and Bosh.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I can't speak for Cleveland, but I'm pretty sure that former Blue Jays players that won their World Series rings here in Toronto aren't complaining that this is the home of their championships. You silly New Yorkers are so self centered that you can't understand for a second that there are other good cities outside of your little world. There are sports crazy fans in every market, and Toronto just happens to be one of the biggest markets in North America, plus you get national coverage as being the only NBA team in the country.

To think that Bosh is just going to get up and bolt for the border when his contract is up is stupid talk. Didn't he already resign here??? Why didn't he pack his bags and leave after his rookie contract was up???

You guys also assume that none of these players are going to be signing their new extensions before 2010? Bosh, Wade, Lebron, and all the rest of these players understand that if they get hurt in their last year and end their careers that the money is done. So don't be shocked when they resign prior to free agency and leave your Knicks superstarless again.

BALLER71
11-22-2008, 11:29 AM
y not would u rather play for a team where fans adore u or would u rather play for a team where they dont like u that much

Who said Knicks fans wouldn't adore him?

mlisica19
11-22-2008, 11:32 AM
1) New York is the biggest stage in the world, when there good the world knows about it. When they suck even alaska's no team towns have the news. When the win in an underdog game there are top headline in sports.
2) Being the biggest stage all these years there known like the rangers to bring in BIG NAMES and SUPERTSARS.

but i live in ny and know for a fact that knicks will not sign him. Lebron only has money purposes 2 come to the knicks. if he goes anywhere else it may me a purpose... Listen my NJ nets have a better chance of getting him. They have the cap space to sign him with his current salary. By 2010 comes VC will be gone more cap space, well have a great system team and we will have even more cap space to sign the KING. plus the fact that they been talking about their "future" with eacxh other on how they will change music and sports together. plus nets are going to brooklyn so they will have a great basketball stage right there. And alot of Supposed knick fans will transfer teams lol....

But truth is cavs wont even rest without fighting for his contract back...

But look at facts...

The nets right now have a great youth squad
Harris (future franchise player for the nets who will be in his prime age in kings arrival)
Yi and Eduardo - Are key players in the team who are also making the nets franchise bigger around the WORLD
Lopez- Rookie and Beast, think about how good hell be in 2 years when he gains experience
And all of the rest of the rookies and 2nd year players

O MAN his suppprting squard will be fithy

NEw jersey nets becoming Brookyln will be spectatcular for the team getting Lebron, Brooklyn is the next best thing in NY esp as a basketball city!!!! Here comes more fans and support than ever b4. More Fame, more glory.

and dont forget JAY Z- They wanna make the future remmeber

How can one, anyone say no to any team that can give him, Fame, Money, and A brighter future.

Experts say even a championship wil not be enough to keep him in Clev

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Who said Knicks fans wouldn't adore him?

cuz if he has one bad game u guyz will want his head

BADizzleBoY
11-22-2008, 11:46 AM
people are making a huge deal out of jay-z.... lebron aint gonna **** on up his career over one friend

cmellofan15
11-22-2008, 11:55 AM
That one friend has 100's of milllions :shrug:

But I think he'll go to NY before he goes to NJ.

justheboss
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I can't speak for Cleveland, but I'm pretty sure that former Blue Jays players that won their World Series rings here in Toronto aren't complaining that this is the home of their championships. You silly New Yorkers are so self centered that you can't understand for a second that there are other good cities outside of your little world. There are sports crazy fans in every market, and Toronto just happens to be one of the biggest markets in North America, plus you get national coverage as being the only NBA team in the country.

To think that Bosh is just going to get up and bolt for the border when his contract is up is stupid talk. Didn't he already resign here??? Why didn't he pack his bags and leave after his rookie contract was up???

You guys also assume that none of these players are going to be signing their new extensions before 2010? Bosh, Wade, Lebron, and all the rest of these players understand that if they get hurt in their last year and end their careers that the money is done. So don't be shocked when they resign prior to free agency and leave your Knicks superstarless again.

come on that's your argument?? Canada? what American wants to go play and live half the season in Canada?!?!?! :laugh: he has a chance to live and play in New York. enough said

justheboss
11-22-2008, 12:11 PM

1st im not from NY, Im from Atlanta. so get it right and 2nd i do know there are other great cities out there, Atlanta, Miami, LA to name a few.. but i didnt know NY was such a little world

It is the most densely populated major city in the United States, with an estimated 8,274,527 people[1] occupying just under 305 square miles (790 km) The New York metropolitan area's population is also the nation's highest, estimated at 19,750,000 people over 6,720 square miles (thats a little world right there) Also I forgot that its the economical capital of the WORLD. It is the leading global city, exerting a powerful influence over worldwide commerce, finance, culture, and entertainment.

Yeah Toronto and Cleveland offer that.:clap:

gr824
11-22-2008, 12:15 PM
NYYankeesWin#27 I'm sorry but your flat out wrong!! LMFAO!!! You honestly think that a team of LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Amare/ and Redd is possible!!??!

If you sign 2 guys to max deals your talking upwards of $40 million right there, which leaves you just enough to sign your supporting 13 players (and lots of them will have to sign for cheap too)...

To add in either a Bosh/Amare/or Wade would be a third max deal, which wouldn't be possible because you can't sign free agents above the salary cap and $60 mil at once would certainly do that...

And even after signing 2 of those guys you wouldn't be able to add either a Joe Johnson or a Redd because they will sign for no less than $15 mil a year (most likely more)...

Theres a reason most teams have only had 2 superstars (jordan-pippen, duncan-robinson, shaq-kobe, wade-shaq), because they can only afford 2...

And the only reason the Celtics were able to afford 3 was because they traded for 2 of theirs, and even then none of their role players were household names (though posey later became one, and predicably the Celtics didn't have enough to resign him...)...

You make good points in rebuttal to NYYankeesWin#27's naive assumptions about the Knicks' [ likely ] Cap levels and FA flexibility for Summer, 2010. One of the things you neglected to address was the Cap hit that their two lottery picks in the next two drafts will have on New York's payroll going forward:

Each is likely to represent a $5+ million reduction in the projected Cap space that the Knicks now seem to have for the 2010-2011 season -- my [ somewhat rough, admittedly largely disinterested ] calculations appear to indicate that the Knicks will then have about $22+ million in salary committed to five players [ the two draft picks plus Jeffries, Gallinari, and Chandler ]. If the Knicks extend Lee and Robinson and Curry exercises his options in the meantime -- and the Knicks cannot dump him via trade in exchange for expirings in the next season or two -- then their payroll for the relevant 2010-2011 season goes even higher; if they do not retain those gentlemen, then they will have three roster spots to fill with some Cap hit likely resulting.

In any case, the Cap in 2010-2011 is probably going to be $65 million or less [ it is always somewhat dicey to try to project Cap levels multiple seasons in advance, but that number is probably close ], so that would seem to leave the Knicks with about $42+ million -- at most -- in FA money to play around with in Summer, 2010. James and one other similar superstar would almost certainly 'cost', at minimum, a total of $36 million combined, perhaps quite a bit more as you posited, depending on exactly who the Knicks target with their [ seeming ] Cap largess. That means any third FA they would seek to bring on board would have to be from a MLE-like salary tier or below, definitely not a superstar or even all-star caliber player ... :shrug:

Fayzon10
11-22-2008, 12:23 PM

I just dont get why the knicks think that Jame would want to go to NY so bad. They arnt going to be contenders at all i meen who is on that team now that crawford and Randolph are gone and they have very little talent there. Its a weak team from top 2 bottom. It's plain and simple Bron Bron gets more money from endorsments from playing in a big market and be clear Bron Bron is about his money just like any other athlete, why do you think Bron Bron wears a Yankees hat whenever you see him, lol but seriously I don't think Lebron is gonna be in LA, Boston, Chicago, that leaves NY and the knicks seem to be putting theirselves in a position to get him and another star with the money they have coming off the books. And as far as the knicks being contenders It looks like all the moves they have been making are moves that will make them contenders giving Donnie Walsh te keys to the car, signing Dantoni(even though he hasn't won a title as a coach he seemed to always have the suns in contention) and the moves they've just made, I think by 2010 the knicks will be decent team. So there is a high probability that Bron Bron ends up in NY

cmstophe
11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Straight from LBJ's mouth: If I wanted to go to New York, I could hop on a plane and be there in an hour.

Experts say even a championship wil not be enough to keep him in Clev

Experts=...psychics?

dallascowboys46
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
You know what is the funniest thing about this 2010 crap?

In the history of the NBA, only ONE max contact free agent has led his team to the championship....that would be shaq, when he signed and won with the lakers

So hey...knicks fans can keep on creaming their pants about getting lebron and bosh, or just lebron, or whatever the ***** they come up with (really what jalen rose comes up with) and remember that its a team game, and one or two players can't do it themselves. Lebron hasn't done it with the cavaliers yet, which have a better core of supporting players than the knicks, and same goes for bosh.

PHILLYNIKES
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
All NY fans are smocking some Krack!! Were making moves for lebron when it will be 2 years from now he can do anything. Then your gonna get wade, bosh and everyone else lol. look at your yankees spend alot of money wheres your dynasty? look at you mets? spend all this money on one player and wheres your world series oh i forgot its in philly!! spending all your money doesnt get you ****! i hope you fee up all this money and you get none of these guys lol

justheboss
11-22-2008, 01:32 PM
All NY fans are smocking some Krack!! Were making moves for lebron when it will be 2 years from now he can do anything. Then your gonna get wade, bosh and everyone else lol. look at your yankees spend alot of money wheres your dynasty? look at you mets? spend all this money on one player and wheres your world series oh i forgot its in philly!! spending all your money doesnt get you ****! i hope you fee up all this money and you get none of these guys lol

Only a dirty philly fan lol

PHILLYNIKES
11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
haha thats a good one i dont watch the 76ers. I just watch the nba in general. you guys have 2 years before anything happens i just think it funny that you guys just assume all of this will happen ya know? What happens if he goes overseas for a year cause they will give him like 50 mil for one year?? theres how many teams in the nba? you dont think that other teams will go digging in their couches for all the change they can find to try and get the king?

GunFactor187
11-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Chris Bosh for Pistons starting Power Forward in 2010!!!!

Kaptain Kanada
11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
1st im not from NY, Im from Atlanta. so get it right and 2nd i do know there are other great cities out there, Atlanta, Miami, LA to name a few.. but i didnt know NY was such a little world

It is the most densely populated major city in the United States, with an estimated 8,274,527 people[1] occupying just under 305 square miles (790 km) The New York metropolitan area's population is also the nation's highest, estimated at 19,750,000 people over 6,720 square miles (thats a little world right there) Also I forgot that its the economical capital of the WORLD. It is the leading global city, exerting a powerful influence over worldwide commerce, finance, culture, and entertainment.

Yeah Toronto and Cleveland offer that.:clap:

Okay.... so use your fantastic argument and tell me why there aren't huge superstars lining up to go play for the Knicks in the last 5 years???

Brilliant argument.

_Sn1P3r_
11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
I hope Bosh doesn't leave. Chris Bosh for Raptors starting Power Forward in 2010!!!!

TheShowzOver
11-22-2008, 02:24 PM
How can you say the Knicks won't be good in 2010 with Lebron? Did you happen to realize that the Knicks can now sign TWO max contracts? That means pairing a Lebron with Dwade or a Chris Bosh, or maybe the Knicks trade for another big star. Trust me, as a Celtics fan i don't like the Knicks but you have to face reality they are in great position to be at the top of the league come 2010. The puzzle pieces are there, they are finally making the right moves. Hopefully for them and their fans the pieces fall into place.

This reminds me of the Celtics 2 years ago around draft time when we suddenly made a bunch of moves and became the best team in the league, don't be so naive, it can happen again

MooseWithFleas
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM

LOL WOW.... More False words have never been spoken...

Knicks Boogie
11-22-2008, 02:44 PM

Because by freeing up 67 million in cap space and with Steph Marburys 22 million coming off the books after this year and Malik Roses 7 million coming off the books after this year, THE KNICKS WILL HAVE 96 MILLION DOLLARS TO SPEND ON LEBRON AND ANOTHER ALLSTAR LIKE BOSH or AMARE. ALONG WITH VERY GOOD PLAYERS LIKE LEE, NATE AND CHANDLER. They will be instant contenders. They will be playing in the Mecca, the biggest stage with their names on Broadway and the Endorsement money they will draw will be crazy!

Knicks win the Chip in 2011 a la Celtics after KG trade. Remember I told you.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 02:44 PM
How does anyone know what will happen 2 years from now? The only thing that is certain, is the Knicks are clearing cap space in an attempt to sign a big name or two in the next two seasons. Who they end up with is another story all together.

gr824
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
To supreme, I think you need to readjust your math. The salary cap is already at something like $64 million, and most likely will increase, not decrease, before 2010, so I don't know where your getting this $60 mil idea...

Not true ... The Salary Cap for the 2008-2009 season is $58.68 million, NOT $64 million -- I do not know where you got that [ $64 million ] idea from ... :rolleyes:

You are correct, however, that the Salary Cap will likely increase each year, perhaps by as much as 4-5% annually, according to recent history. With the current worldwide economic turmoil though, that yearly increase could be considerably less. What that all translates to is the likelihood that the Cap in 2010-2011 will probably fall between $60 and $65 million, surely not much beyond that range either way.

Elsewhere on the forum, I gave details of the situation that the Knicks are probably going to face in Summer, 2010; I will reprint it here to help you get some additional perspective:

"One of the things ... [ that needs to be address(ed) is ] ... the Cap hit that their two lottery picks in the next two drafts will have on New York's payroll going forward:

Each is likely to represent a $5+ million reduction in the projected Cap space that the Knicks now seem to have for the 2010-2011 season -- my [ somewhat rough, admittedly largely disinterested ] calculations appear to indicate that the Knicks will then have about $22+ million in salary committed to five players [ the two draft picks plus Jeffries, Gallinari, and Chandler ]. If the Knicks extend Lee and Robinson and Curry exercises his options in the meantime -- and the Knicks cannot dump him via trade in exchange for expirings in the next season or two -- then their payroll for the relevant 2010-2011 season goes even higher; if they do not retain those gentlemen, then they will have three roster spots to fill with some Cap hit likely resulting.

In any case, the Cap in 2010-2011 is probably going to be $65 million or less [ it is always somewhat dicey to try to project Cap levels multiple seasons in advance, but that number is probably close ], so that would seem to leave the Knicks with about $42+ million -- at most -- in FA money to play around with in Summer, 2010. James and one other similar superstar would almost certainly 'cost', at minimum, a total of $36 million combined, perhaps quite a bit more ... depending on exactly who the Knicks target with their [ seeming ] Cap largess. That means any third FA they would seek to bring on board would have to be from a MLE-like salary tier or below, definitely not a superstar or even all-star caliber player ... "

"I say it would be very foolish of Curry to opt out of his existing deal, since it is unlikely anyone else will pay him $11 to $12 million per season as things stand now. Maybe New York can deal him for an expiring in the next year or two though ... :shrug:

Also, Jeffries is under contract [ with an option ] for 2010-2011 as well and I do not see him leaving for less green pastures either. So, that means the Knicks' payroll as of Summer, 2010 is probably gonna be at least $22 million [ two lottery draft picks plus Gallinari, Chandler, and Jeffries ] and perhaps as high as $33+ million if Curry is still there then. The result will be that the team has a near-term future with $30 to $40 million in Cap space available with little doubt, but $50+ million -- or even close to that figure -- is just not likely to be happening any time soon ... :no: "

LayZbone
11-22-2008, 02:47 PM
How does anyone know what will happen 2 years from now? The only thing that is certain, is the Knicks are clearing cap space in an attempt to sign a big name or two in the next two seasons. Who they end up with is another story all together.

It's kinda the same story...just maybe a different chapter.:p

rosesbulls
11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Because by freeing up 67 million in cap space and with Steph Marburys 22 million coming off the books after this year and Malik Roses 7 million coming off the books after this year, THE KNICKS WILL HAVE 96 MILLION DOLLARS TO SPEND ON LEBRON AND ANOTHER ALLSTAR LIKE BOSH or AMARE. ALONG WITH VERY GOOD PLAYERS LIKE LEE, NATE AND CHANDLER. They will be instant contenders. They will be playing in the Mecca, the biggest stage with their names on Broadway and the Endorsement money they will draw will be crazy!

First there isnt a gurantee that the cap will even be 67m in 2010.

2nd So the knicks will play with 5-7 players and win a championship? 2 max contracts=40m nate, Chandlier, Lee,= 15-20m 2 high draft picks=10m you cant get two superstars and expect to have a full roster. Knicks will be in great position to get a star and a allstar and keep a full roster but they cant get 2 and be able to fill a roster. Not even Minium contracts.

gr824
11-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Wow, are you wrong ... The Knicks at most will have about $40 million in available Cap space to spend come Summer, 2010 -- the team certainly will not have $96 million :speechless: to throw around. So you can learn a bit about how the Cap really works, I am reprinting a post of mine on this subject which details the likely scenario New York will face two years hence:

"One of the things ... [ that needs to be address(ed) is ] ... the Cap hit that their two lottery picks in the next two drafts will have on New York's payroll going forward:

In any case, the Cap in 2010-2011 is probably going to be $65 million or less [ it is always somewhat dicey to try to project Cap levels multiple seasons in advance, but that number is probably close ], so that would seem to leave the Knicks with about $42+ million -- at most -- in FA money to play around with in Summer, 2010. James and one other similar superstar would almost certainly 'cost', at minimum, a total of $36 million combined, perhaps quite a bit more ... depending on exactly who the Knicks target with their [ seeming ] Cap largess. That means any third FA they would seek to bring on board would have to be from a MLE-like salary tier or below, definitely not a superstar or even all-star caliber player ... "

"I say it would be very foolish of Curry to opt out of his existing deal, since it is unlikely anyone else will pay him $11 to $12 million per season as things stand now. Maybe New York can deal him for an expiring in the next year or two though ... :shrug:

Also, Jeffries is under contract [ with an option ] for 2010-2011 as well and I do not see him leaving for less green pastures either. So, that means the Knicks' payroll as of Summer, 2010 is probably gonna be at least $22 million [ two lottery draft picks plus Gallinari, Chandler, and Jeffries ] and perhaps as high as $33+ million if Curry is still there then. The result will be that the team has a near-term future with $30 to $40 million in Cap space available with little doubt, but $50+ million -- or even close to that figure -- is just not likely to be happening any time soon ... :no: "

PHILLYNIKES
11-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Okay.... so use your fantastic argument and tell me why there aren't huge superstars lining up to go play for the Knicks in the last 5 years???

Brilliant argument.

Exactly ? I love this how come noone has signed with them in the past past couple of years? I wanna see all the reasons you guys come up for this argument and dont say because were waiting for Lebron. You should want a Championship every year not 2011.

Knicks Boogie
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM

Yankees got 4 times as many chips as the Phillies, awh yeah isn't a Philly a female horse which I compare to a Bit*ch !!!!!!

Stop Hating!!!!:eyebrow:

ramz.n
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
LBJ coming to Toronto to play with Calderon, Bosh, Bargnani and J'O =P

BoltLakerPadre
11-22-2008, 03:22 PM

Wow, there's a pipe dream. Enough cap space for three superstars? That's the entire salary cap right there. We all know the Knicks will go over cap for horrible players, so they probably will for good players, but to assume everyone else will play for minimum is just stupid. Only players who are already rich, and only want a ring play for min.

Either way, the Knicks are imploding a team that was finally performing, for a chance, a chance at a better team in two years. That has to suck.

PHILLYNIKES
11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
philly is a blunt you get it an smoke it im not hating on the yankees im just saying you guys were winning the series befor you went and tried to buy a team! An yea you def got more rings than philly but when was your last world series? the last year you won was what in 2000? when will your next be??

Yung N Fly
11-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay STFU and listen NY will, i repeat will sign one of LBJ, Wade, Amare, or CB4 maybe 2, also remember wen James was asked wat was his favorite 5 cities he said NEW YORK was his favorite and he said his fith favorite was his hometown Akron, Ohio.. Cleveland did not make the list.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173 Theres the link also all these guys have said they would love to play for D'Antoni (especially Amare who already has) and all have played under him in Beijing this summer and for the guy who said why hasnt nobody signed wit NY the last 5 years ummmmm HELLO wit wat F%&king money we have been so much over the cap for so long but finally we will have money. Im Not saying Lebrons coming but you have to think its the most reasonable choice and one of these big names will sign, and why wouldnt LBJ wanna play wit dem knowing NY can sign 2 stars. P.S. Cleveland will not keep LBJ and sign another star cuz who would wnna play in Ohio over NY.

mlisica19
11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Okay so all i hear here is that the knicks all of a sudden have a chance to get all these superstars. Idc how bad they are or will be they will not have the money to buy james, wade and bosh together. Nor will anyteam, each player will go seperatly to different teams.

James is going for $$$ like anybody else is:
Nets have the cap space now to sign him with his current conrtact. By 2010 VC will be out and Cap Space will extend so More Money for the possible KING offer.

James wants support:
he is one of the best, but everyone needs help. The team the nets have by then will be much stronger than any team knicks can put with him by the time he thinks about it.

James wants fame:
with a stronger team around him hell get more chances at the title. The nets team now can def beat the knicks or the cavs(without james).

ANDDDD IMAGE:
NETS R MOVING TO BROOKLYN!!!! One of the best basketball cities in the world! hell be the best of the best in the best area around.

mlisica19
11-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Okay STFU and listen NY will, i repeat will sign one of LBJ, Wade, Amare, or CB4 maybe 2, also remember wen James was asked wat was his favorite 5 cities he said NEW YORK was his favorite and he said his fith favorite was his hometown Akron, Ohio.. Cleveland did not make the list.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173 Theres the link also all these guys have said they would love to play for D'Antoni (especially Amare who already has) and all have played under him in Beijing this summer and for the guy who said why hasnt nobody signed wit NY the last 5 years ummmmm HELLO wit wat F%&king money we have been so much over the cap for so long but finally we will have money. Im Not saying Lebrons coming but you have to think its the most reasonable choice and one of these big names will sign, and why wouldnt LBJ wanna play wit dem knowing NY can sign 2 stars. P.S. Cleveland will not keep LBJ and sign another star cuz who would wnna play in Ohio over NY.

Did u happen to read that whole article? All he said was that New York is his favorite city? It didnt even state that was his NUmber 1 city to play in its just the number 1 city he likes haha... and! if u kept on reading he also stated that BROOKLYN is his number ONE (let ME repeat.) HIS NUMBER ONE!!!!! (1) burrow in NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY!!!! SO LETS SEE The nets who will be moving to Brooklyn in the next year or so have the advantage of getting Lebron.!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if u also forget, jay Z is not a business man to F with. What he wants he gets. and HE WANTS LJ23 to TAKE ON A BROOKLYN NETS UNIFORM!

Yung N Fly
11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Did u happen to read that whole article? All he said was that New York is his favorite city? It didnt even state that was his NUmber 1 city to play in its just the number 1 city he likes haha... and! if u kept on reading he also stated that BROOKLYN is his number ONE (let ME repeat.) HIS NUMBER ONE!!!!! (1) burrow in NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY!!!! SO LETS SEE The nets who will be moving to Brooklyn in the next year or so have the advantage of getting Lebron.!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if u also forget, jay Z is not a business man to F with. What he wants he gets. and HE WANTS LJ23 to TAKE ON A BROOKLYN NETS UNIFORM!

The Nets arent movin 2 Brooklyn till 2012 (or so they think) there not even sure if they'll get da new stadium anytime soon, Also im from Brooklyn my self and who wouldnt love Brooklyn:D anyway Lebron likes D'ant and who da fux would want to play for Lawrence Frank and even if he goes to the Nets i wasnt makin a point dat lebron is a lock as a knick just dat its more likely than New Jersey or Cleveland that he would wanna play in the Mecca of Basketball MSG either way the Knicks are bringin a big name in 2010.

Hustla23
11-22-2008, 04:54 PM
LOL Lebron is not going to Brooklyn.

Their stadium is being built my mid 2011 AT LEAST.

Yeah, Lebron's going to be chilling around in crazy old New Jersey for two years of his life....

uh no.

Also, to all you idiots who question why we haven't signed any big FA's the last decade, uhh WHEN HAVE WE EVER BEEN UNDER THE CAP TO DO SO????

People need to really read books or something.... :sigh:

So yeah Lebron's coming here. We've got the money to sign another superstar another all star and our MLE and LLE.

And we don't need a 15 man roster. D'antoni only uses an 8 man rotation.

Lebron
Amare
Chandler
Gallinari
Nate
DLee
2009 Draft Pick

Fill out the rest of the roster with MLE and LLE of crap players.

Yung N Fly
11-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Okay so all i hear here is that the knicks all of a sudden have a chance to get all these superstars. Idc how bad they are or will be they will not have the money to buy james, wade and bosh together. Nor will anyteam, each player will go seperatly to different teams.

James is going for $$$ like anybody else is:
Nets have the cap space now to sign him with his current conrtact. By 2010 VC will be out and Cap Space will extend so More Money for the possible KING offer.

James wants support:
he is one of the best, but everyone needs help. The team the nets have by then will be much stronger than any team knicks can put with him by the time he thinks about it.

James wants fame:
with a stronger team around him hell get more chances at the title. The nets team now can def beat the knicks or the cavs(without james).

ANDDDD IMAGE:
NETS R MOVING TO BROOKLYN!!!! One of the best basketball cities in the world! hell be the best of the best in the best area around.

By the way the Nets will not have more money in 2010 to offer than the Knicks and both could only offer him a certain amount of money so if its about $ he's staying in Cleveland and again we think there movin to Brooklyn soon also they might not even be movin 2 brooklyn due to da team might bein sold and wit this weak economy were in tha stadium might be impossible to get and he aint playin in New Jersey.

valade16
11-22-2008, 05:19 PM
GR824, I get what your saying with the cap, and that's exactly what I've been saying, the Knicks will have enough money to sign 2 top tier free agents. LeBron might not want to go to NY with the roster now, but what about the Knicks roster with Amare or Bosh?

And for those that think this is so far fetched consider this sort of thing has already happened once when the magic convinced both T-Mac and Grant Hill to play in Orlando (though that didn't work out so well...).

Also, Shaq left his small market (orlando) and relocated to a mecca of basketball (LA). Shaq got fame in Orlando, but his fame absolutely EXPLODED in LA...

Halladay
11-22-2008, 05:23 PM
All this 2010 talk is starting to make me sick. What is this, the offseason? Is anyone even paying attention to the NBA right now? lol seriously.

PHILLYNIKES
11-22-2008, 05:32 PM
NY fans smoking that krack again the reason you dont have cap is cause you keep on spending it on garbage . James will not be in NY. Im done with this thread nothing will even happen for 2 effin years waste of my time for now. Knicks suck have a good day!

tonercharmer
11-22-2008, 06:28 PM
4. with said cap space, the knicks can now go after TWO superstars. they may not get two, but they will DEFINITELY get one. there is no chance in hell that someone from lebron/wade/bosh/amare/dirk/etc won't come to the mecca[ of america

THE MECCA IS ACTUALLY LOS ANGELES HAHAHA!!!! GO LAKERS

gr824
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Yeah, Lebron's going to be chilling around in crazy old New Jersey for two years of his life....

uh no.

Also, to all you idiots who question why we haven't signed any big FA's the last decade, uhh WHEN HAVE WE EVER BEEN UNDER THE CAP TO DO SO????

People need to really read books or something.... :sigh:

So yeah Lebron's coming here. We've got the money to sign another superstar another all star and our MLE and LLE.

And we don't need a 15 man roster. D'antoni only uses an 8 man rotation.

Lebron
Amare
Chandler
Gallinari
Nate
DLee
2009 Draft Pick

Fill out the rest of the roster with MLE and LLE of crap players.

The MLE and the LLE are Salary Cap exceptions which enable teams over the Cap to compete [ to a limited extent ] in the FA market. As such, teams that are under the Salary Cap in a given season do not get those particular exceptions to utilize. Therefore, the Knicks in 2010 will not have either a MLE or a LLE assuming the team does indeed have the $30-$40 million in Cap space that it being speculated here that New York will possess that summer ...

Also, your list does not have Jeffries or Curry on it [ both are currently under contract for 2010-2011 ] nor does it have the Knicks' 2010 first round draft choice, which, unless it has been traded away, will count against the Cap figure in Summer, 2010 too. As a result, your 'speculative Knick roster circa 2010' should probably read:

Chandler
Curry
Gallinari
James
Jeffries
Lee
Robinson
Stoudemire
2009 Draft Pick
2010 Draft Pick
+ at least three 'stiffs' signed to veteran's minimum deals ...

GiantYankKnicks
11-22-2008, 06:53 PM
^ we dont have a 2010 1st rounder it goes to Utah

king4day
11-22-2008, 06:58 PM

My understanding is the Nets are no longer moving to Brooklyn.

GiantYankKnicks
11-22-2008, 07:02 PM
My understanding is the Nets are no longer moving to Brooklyn.

Yea they arnt there gonna keep saying they will but its nevr gonna go through

justheboss
11-22-2008, 07:04 PM

Brilliant argument.

yeah buddy thanks for showing me that im wrong....it had nothing to do with the fact that the knicks were over the salary cap and had only the vet minimum to offer. they couldnt offer maximum contracts. i can tell youre from canada with that argument:laugh2:

LeBrowns
11-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Also,

Because that doesn't happen 2 years before a contract is up...The Knicks aren't a good team and Im sick of people saying that everyone wants to play for them just because its in NYC. If cavs the do not sign anymore players to long term deals, then they two will be able to sign LeBron and another elite player in 2010.

LeBrowns
11-22-2008, 07:23 PM

Nash MLE

hahaha...im assuming you forgot this isn't the MLB and youre not the yankees. The cavs also have a ton of cap in 2010 as well, so basically new york is throwing all their eggs in one basket on one free agent year because they cant draft their own players. We can offer LeBron more money than any team. Wait till you have his ink on the paper till you buy your 23 jerseys.

Draco
11-22-2008, 07:32 PM
hahaha...im assuming you forgot this isn't the MLB and youre not the yankees. The cavs also have a ton of cap in 2010 as well, so basically new york is throwing all their eggs in one basket on one free agent year because they cant draft their own players. We can offer LeBron more money than any team. Wait till you have his ink on the paper till you buy your 23 jerseys.

The Knicks aren't putting all their eggs in the Lebron basket. The Knicks fans are and that's a huge difference. As you pointed out, the Cav's already have the advantage of signing their own FA's to more money than any other team. They also have the advantage of already having Lebron on the team. Knicks fan like to think it's a simple matter of getting under the cap and then 1, 2, 3 superstars are automatically signed. It figures to be a lot easier for the Cav's to add one more superstar for a total of 2 than it will be for the Knicks to start adding from 0..

There's also the problem of not having anyone else on that team to complement a Superstar. Whomever they get in the draft needs to be developed and won't be as appealing a teammate as someone like Mo Williams who's already a veteran and knows how to play.

But since the Knicks have had absolutely nothing positive to talk about for the last decade the mere chance of winning the FA lotto is going to find its way into a million posts and twice as many threads lol.

gr824
11-22-2008, 07:36 PM
^ we dont have a 2010 1st rounder it goes to Utah

Fair enough ... thanks for the info ... What that means then is that Hustla23's 'fantasy roster' will have to be:

Chandler
Curry
Gallinari
James
Jeffries
Lee
Robinson
Stoudemire
2009 Draft Pick
+ at least four 'stiffs' signed to veteran's minimum and/or rookie minimum deals [ to meet the NBA roster minimum of thirteen players ] ...

Lizard King
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289521

I'm sure that speaks for every other free agent.

To those saying LeBron is going to the Knicks, just because he likes New York, doesn't even make sense.

If that was how it worked in the NBA, then everybody would be playing for their favorite city.

I'm not saying the Knicks won't get anyone in 2010...I don't know that. I'm just saying that everyone needs to stop talking as if the Knicks will get their guaranteed 2 all stars, no matter what other teams have to offer. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I know, it's fun to imagine...I do it too...but at least be a little realistic.

dwiduck
11-22-2008, 08:07 PM
How can you say the Knicks won't be good in 2010 with Lebron? Did you happen to realize that the Knicks can now sign TWO max contracts? That means pairing a Lebron with Dwade or a Chris Bosh, or maybe the Knicks trade for another big star. Trust me, as a Celtics fan i don't like the Knicks but you have to face reality they are in great position to be at the top of the league come 2010. The puzzle pieces are there, they are finally making the right moves. Hopefully for them and their fans the pieces fall into place.

This reminds me of the Celtics 2 years ago around draft time when we suddenly made a bunch of moves and became the best team in the league, don't be so naive, it can happen again

Cavs can also sign two max contracts, plus they will still have Mo Will, Daniel gibson, Delonte West, and this years 1st rounder JJ Hickson

dwiduck
11-22-2008, 08:09 PM
The Knicks aren't putting all their eggs in the Lebron basket. The Knicks fans are and that's a huge difference. As you pointed out, the Cav's already have the advantage of signing their own FA's to more money than any other team. They also have the advantage of already having Lebron on the team. Knicks fan like to think it's a simple matter of getting under the cap and then 1, 2, 3 superstars are automatically signed. It figures to be a lot easier for the Cav's to add one more superstar for a total of 2 than it will be for the Knicks to start adding from 0..

There's also the problem of not having anyone else on that team to complement a Superstar. Whomever they get in the draft needs to be developed and won't be as appealing a teammate as someone like Mo Williams who's already a veteran and knows how to play.

But since the Knicks have had absolutely nothing positive to talk about for the last decade the mere chance of winning the FA lotto is going to find its way into a million posts and twice as many threads lol.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: could not have said it better

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 08:34 PM

good post. The Knicks have basically made all the wrong moves for years now. They are simply getting rid of all their mistakes and contracts, and convienently, all that money comes off when some of the biggest names are available. WIll they sign LeBron? Maybe, maybe not. BUt they will have a lot of money to throw at a proven player or two, then fill out the roster with sensible contracts now that they have a good coach. They are in a far better position now than they were a year ago.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-22-2008, 08:55 PM

I dont believe it, you actually made a good post.:p