PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Explosion in Golden State

oldenpolynice
11-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Harrington-for-Crawford makes the Warriors as close to an offense-only team as you can get. 4 guys who scored 20+ points last season! That's going to be incredibly fun to watch for about 25 games and then it's going to turn into a nightmare.

Bad trade for the Warriors.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/21/warriors-focus-on-200-points-per-game/

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Typical Don Nelson squad all offense no deffense

CrowninMe
11-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Wrong. Great trade for the Warriors. It's all about VALUE. WE have more value, while the Knicks have less. We can now package one of our many amazing shooting guards with a young guy and get a powerful low post player.

superkegger
11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
meh, no defense at all. Jax is the only one whos even heard of it.

oldenpolynice
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Wrong. Great trade for the Warriors. It's all about VALUE. WE have more value, while the Knicks have less. We can now package one of our many amazing shooting guards with a young guy and get a powerful low post player.

What do you think is easier to find? Scorers at the SG spot? Or powerful post players?

It's a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. Post players are more rare and more valuable. There's no way you're packaging Corey Maggette and getting a legit post presence.

SteveNash
11-21-2008, 07:02 PM
What do you think is easier to find? Scorers at the SG spot? Or powerful post players?

It's a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer it anyway. Post players are more rare and more valuable. There's no way you're packaging Corey Maggette and getting a legit post presence.

Anthony Morrow for Tim Duncan believe!

oldenpolynice
11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Anthony Morrow for Tim Duncan believe!

:clap:

_Sn1P3r_
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
They'll entertain, but probably won't accomplish much due to their lack of D.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Harrington-for-Crawford makes the Warriors as close to an offense-only team as you can get. 4 guys who scored 20+ points last season! That's going to be incredibly fun to watch for about 25 games and then it's going to turn into a nightmare.

Bad trade for the Warriors.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/11/21/warriors-focus-on-200-points-per-game/

lol... how is it a bad trade? they traded a player who didnt want to be there for a player and a position they were in need for.

Who says they dont play defense? They may not play a lock down D but they now have the bigs to play and protect the rim in biedrins and Turiaf..Look up team stats and turn the tube on and watch games before you criticize a teams D.. Last year they were horrible but this year they've improved especially without AL cause hes been injured... I figured a quote like this from a fan who favors the lowly kings...

FlawlessKB24
11-21-2008, 07:26 PM
good luck GS trying to guard the boozers, bynums, gasols, duncans, amares, shaqs, etc.
as if that wasnt a problem already

their Starting 5 eventually will be:
Monta
Jamal
Jax
Maggette
Biedrins

lol

jsand3030
They actually have been playing better D and have developed a half court offense if you guys watched a Dubs game this year instead of just talking outta your *****

This was a great trade which allows Nellie to create even more mismatches and makes the team even more deeper. To have Morrow or Buke coming off the bench will be great.. Also they will probably trade Bellinelli now maybe even Buke

primetimekings
lol... how is it a bad trade? they traded a player who didnt want to be there for a player and a position they were in need for.

Who says they dont play defense? They may not play a lock down D but they now have the bigs to play and protect the rim in biedrins and Turiaf..Look up team stats and turn the tube on and watch games before you criticize a teams D.. Last year they were horrible but this year they've improved especially without AL cause hes been injured... I figured a quote like this from a fan who favors the lowly kings...

Didnt we beat you.......hmmm last game i saw we blew u guys out

jsand3030
11-21-2008, 07:32 PM

Kingsboy, you sure are talking real confident for a team that will finish behind us and are right now.. WOw you beat us during the first week of BBall..

UNETOWNBAYAREA
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM

With half our starting lineup out right? Maggette and as expected ellis was out... I didnt expect a win there anyway with 2 key players out and your full line up healthy. They fill apart in the 3rd quarter which has been bad for us the first couple weeks till now.. Whats the dubs record against the kings last few years?? look it up then come back to me.

I didnt come here to argue anywayz... Just to comment on the thread.. my bad for saying lowly kings though..

SteveNash
11-21-2008, 08:00 PM
good luck GS trying to guard the boozers, bynums, gasols, duncans, amares, shaqs, etc.
as if that wasnt a problem already

their Starting 5 eventually will be:
Monta
Jamal
Jax
Maggette
Biedrins

lol

Maggette is way too big to stay in GS for a long period of time. It's obvious he's just there until Randolph can step in.

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Fine for the shorterm, but when Monta comes back, someone needs to go. They will have like 12 guards, and they will be getting pounded on the inside.

cali72888
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
yea your smoking crack if you think warriors defense is bad at all.

as of today 11/21/08 the warriors are ranked 5th overall on defense and number 2 on offense.

top 5.....
Team Defensive Statistics for 2008-2009
Philly- 48 rpg, 8 bpg, 9 spg
Dallas-47 rpg, 5 bpg, 7 spg
Lakers-47rpg, 6 bpg, 10 spg
Indiana-45 rpg,7 bpg, 7 spg
Warriors-44 rpg, 6 bpg, 7 spg

IndyRealist
11-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Those numbers don't really qualify a team as good or bad defensively. That just says they can fill a stat sheet. According to the NBA Power Rankings (http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/) the Warriors rank 15th offensively and 19th defensively, on points per 100 possessions. Off: 106.9 (15), Def: 107.8 (19)

I'm a Pacers fan and I think it'd be ridiculous to rank us 4th defensively in the league. We're better, but not THAT good. If the Warriors really were 5th and 2nd, they'd be on the right side of .500.....Last I checked this wasn't the fantasy league forum, which is the only place those stats matter.

amare#1
11-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I think Don Nelson has gone crazy. It's going to be a great squad to watch:

Starters:
Crawford, Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Biedrins.

Bench:
Marcus Williams, Morrow, DeMarcus Nelson, Azubuike, Belinelli, CJ Watson, Randolph, Turiaf, Wright.

They have got a huge overload of guards!

Jaytick
11-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Great Trade. A player that didn't want to be here for a player that fits a need. Have you seen CJ Watson? This is definitely an UPGRADE. Enough said!!

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I think Don Nelson has gone crazy. It's going to be a great squad to watch:

Starters:
Crawford, Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Biedrins.

Bench:
Marcus Williams, Morrow, DeMarcus Nelson, Azubuike, Belinelli, CJ Watson, Randolph, Turiaf, Wright.

They have got a huge overload of guards!

Great trade for the Warriors..watch out NBA..we are one big man away from being very very dangerous..you forgot to add Richard Hendrix and Rob Kurz to that list...and really the guys out of all these that will get good minutes off the bench are: Morrow, Azubuike, Watson, Turiaf, and maybe Wright......Randolph has potential to play and they should bring Hendrix back from D-League (Big and can rebound)......we need to go get sean williams from NJ for Belinelli/M. Williams

GSRaider
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM

"It's not every day that one team can dump someone they have no intention of playing in exchange for a 20-point scorer. "

ridere46
11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Woohoo! Great trade. Finally got rid of Al. So many horses, shooters, shot blockers. Most importantly a point guard to help Jax with the ball until Monta returns. This is a crazy team. Gonna be fun to watch. They can play small, they can play big, they can spread out the floor, they can hit the free throws, and they can run like hell. Most importantly they've been playing D.

dodgernation
11-21-2008, 10:04 PM
doesnt Beidrins play defense? he leads the NBA in rebounds...

oldenpolynice
11-21-2008, 10:29 PM

It's a bad trade because they took on 3 more years of big salary for a guy who duplicates what they already do well. They need a PG yet they traded for another pure SG.

Why would you duplicate your strengths when you have glaring needs?

Also, scoreboard on the '08 season. Kings beat the Warriors by 17.

dodie53
11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
the warriors need diaw
:)

corey for diaw!!

BarryIsInnocent
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Al Harrington didnt play any good interior defense. And he couldnt rebound. The combination of Wright and Randolph on defense will be a fine alternative. Looking forward to 130 pts a night when ellis gets back. 7th spot is a lock now

dre1990
11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Risky fo knick Zach Randolph and Jamal has ben doing great with hem this year and it shows on the team record, but they could get LBJ or a nother super star in 2010, but if they dont this is a failure. we will have to wait and see

great trede fo GS

oldenpolynice
11-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Risky fo knick Zach Randolph and Jamal has ben doing great with hem this year and it shows on the team record, but they could get LBJ or a nother super star in 2010, but if they dont this is a failure. we will have to wait and see

great trede fo GS

Yeah, it's basically all or nothing for New York. If they don't get LeBron they will have a crappy team. But if they do get LeBron they'll be great.