PDA

View Full Version : Should Gasol be an All-Star starter???

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I just filled out my first ballot and took a serious look and Gasol and another guy before placing my vote....should Pau be an All-Star starter??

superkegger
11-21-2008, 05:09 PM
No. absolutely not. If anyone is starting of TD its a travesty.

MooseWithFleas
11-21-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't see him getting more votes than Duncan, Melo, Dirk, or T-mac, even though he is in LA, so I doubt it

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
No

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I would say no. I would vote Duncan, Boozer, and Dirk Nowitki over him.

JordansBulls
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I just filled out my first ballot and took a serious look and Gasol and another guy before placing my vote....should Pau be an All-Star starter??

Depends on how well the Lakers are doing in comparison with the other teams. If the Lakers have the best record then Gasol should get the nod over guys whose team is below .500. There is still a long way to go, but right now, other than Duncan, who else is there to vote for?

Chronz
11-21-2008, 05:13 PM
YES

No. absolutely not. If anyone is starting of TD its a travesty.
Why not start them together?

superkegger
11-21-2008, 05:13 PM
YES

Cause theres this Chinaman who regardless of injuries will get the votes at C, and unless hes injured at the break, he will start.

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Hellz No. shouldnt even be a allstar

Chronz
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Cause theres this Chinaman who regardless of injuries will get the votes at C, and unless hes injured at the break, he will start.

Pau and Duncan are listed as Centers?

Chronz
11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Hellz No. shouldnt even be a allstar

His presence alone turned an 8th seed team into a Finals contender, yet hes not even an allstar?

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it depends on his #'s I mean if he can put up 20/10 + then he should deff be considered.

Duncan gets bid after that it's up for grabs IMO

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
YES

Cuz Amar'e and Duncan is starting together

To actually think that Pau shoudl start would be disrespectful to Duncan, Amar'e, Melo, Dirk, etc

superkegger
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Pau and Duncan are listed as Centers?

No, I'm assuming they're PF's. But you said start them together. Which can't happen because of Yao getting the starting C spot, which we all know will happen. and no way pau should start over duncan.

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
His presence alone turned an 8th seed team into a Finals contender, yet hes not even an allstar?

What are you talking about? Lakers were 1st seed last year

Chronz
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Im talking about how the Lakers were floundering before the Pau trade turned them into a finals contender, or dont you remember last year?

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM

When they traded for him, they were a low seed for the playoffs. Then they started to make some real headway when he started playing.

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Nah i dont follow the records before trades and after trades. im just saying I think there is Better PF/C to Choose from. especially to start over him.

Chronz
11-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Nah i dont follow the records before trades and after trades. im just saying I think there is Better PF/C to Choose from. especially to start over him.

Then you basically dont follow the NBA, atleast not enough to know whos more deserving of being an all-star. And you said he wasnt even worthy of an all-star so its not like you just said hes not worthy of starting.

Whatever though, it doesnt matter, the coaches wont make the mistake of not chosing him.

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:43 PM
so He should be an allstar because he bettered your record after you got him???
Okay why don't you throw Kyle korver into the mix. Our record drastically improved after we got him. he should be an allstar and start. Dur dur dur. ****

Vidball
11-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Pau, Amare, Duncan & Boozer have been the best Forwards in the West so far this season. I would be fine with any two of those four.

Vidball
11-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Okay why don't you throw Kyle korver into the mix. Our record drastically improved after we got him. he should be an allstar and start. Dur dur dur. ****

Didn't the Lakers bounce the Jazz in the WCF? The same series that Pau outplayed Boozer...hmmm

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Didn't the Lakers bounce the Jazz in the WCF? The same series that Pau outplayed Boozer...hmmm

Talk about a ****. you dont realize who you played in the WCF. you beat us in the Semi's. but for a **** i'll give you that boozer did play like crap in that series

Vidball
11-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Are you 13 years old, or do people in Utah still use the word ****?

Lakersfan2483
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Gasol should definitely be an all-star this season. He's playing great basketball and is on the top team. I think he should come off the bench as a reserve.

DrDEADalready
11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I am actually thank you for asking. but know your facts. before you post. and you won't be a ****. ;)

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
no. If the Lakers are #1 going into the break, I have no problem with them having 2 guys out there, but the coaches will need to vote him in. Duncan, Dirk, Boozer, Amare, and maybe West deserve it over him. West is questionable. The others are not. Pau is averaging double digit rebounds for the first time ever, but no way.

DreamShaker
11-21-2008, 08:14 PM
no. If the Lakers are #1 going into the break, I have no problem with them having 2 guys out there, but the coaches will need to vote him in. Duncan, Dirk, Boozer, Amare, and maybe West deserve it over him. West is questionable. The others are not. Pau is averaging double digit rebounds for the first time ever, but no way.

I actually don't think he should start....but I don't think Boozer, Dirk, or West deserve it over him....

amare#1
11-21-2008, 08:22 PM
No chance IMO.

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I actually don't think he should start....but I don't think Boozer, Dirk, or West deserve it over him....

Duncan and Amare do for sure.

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Im talking about how the Lakers were floundering before the Pau trade turned them into a finals contender, or dont you remember last year?

If 37-17 is floundering, I hope my Wolves flounder all over the place

SAVAGE CLAW
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Its a 4 man for 2 and half ( 11-12 men) Places.

Duncan,Amare, Pau and Dirk Should be the ones fighting for that positions.

Spurs: Doing like Crap.

Suns: Amare is doing Great.

Mavs: Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap OUT.

Lakers: Doing Awesome, Pau putting up more rebounds and better D .

Outcome , Amare Starts Pau for the reserve and out of sheer respect for his career Duncan enters for one of the two lower coach elections.

Boozer is nothing but Muscle and no Brain, Pau destroyed him in the last playoffs, and how much did he play in the olympics? he was not on that level.

West, Man i really hope that Pau had the Chance to have C.Paul dropping Passes to him.

Nothing more to say.

Lost Art
11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
His numbers aren't there..........but he's a HUGE piece of the best team in the NBA. So yes, if the Lakers keep this up he should be starting.

dudeonthemoon
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Amare

Giants27
11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Who gives a flying F if he plays in the All-Star Game all that matters is him helping the Lakers going back to the Finals this year and winning it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
nope. I vote Amare, and Melo for my forwards.

chitown_havoc
11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Why would Sesame street get credit for an allstar (Big Bird= Gasol). BIG N-O =NO!!!! Pau Gasol is WEAK, only reason he is getting attention is cause he is on an allstar team. DONE!!!@

JMan17
11-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Why would Sesame street get credit for an allstar (Big Bird= Gasol). BIG N-O =NO!!!! Pau Gasol is WEAK, only reason he is getting attention is cause he is on an allstar team. DONE!!!@

that is one of the most idiotic post i have ever seen.

so because he's not stronger then most good PFs in the league he's bad? Carlos Boozer looks like he went to jail and Pau completely dominated on him.

And basically every time Pau scored on Amare, the announcers would not stop saying "someone needs to help Amare, he can't guard Pau 1 on 1" not in those exact words but that's what they were basically saying.

Pau might not be as strong as guys like Boozer, Amare, or even Duncan, but there is a reason why he helped so much last year and this year for the Lakers. When the Lakers got Pau, he completely turned the team around into title contention. What is so special about Boozer anyway? he is just strong and he fade aways his shots like he thinks he's Dirk? Pau has a really high basketball IQ, which is what makes him great and how he turned the lakers around.

anyway i think it might be hard for him to start in the all star, but i think he will make the team for sure. He's also avgerging 16/10 with a team of Bynum, Kobe, Odom, etc.

Amare so far has always

still1ballin
11-21-2008, 11:09 PM
cheaaaa!

EddieB
11-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Yes

krob32
11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
yes cuz he turned aronud the lakers we r 32-6 when pau gasol is in the lineup so 2 awnser ur ?????????? yes he should

JIDsanity
11-22-2008, 02:32 AM
I like Amare more

innovator
11-22-2008, 03:09 AM
no, but he will be in the game as a sub

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 03:18 AM

The Lakers were the #1 seed with Bynum starting at center...

LAKERS 24/7
11-22-2008, 06:25 AM

Just about to say that, can't believe no one has brought that up until now. I hope what he was trying to say that we're an 8th place team without Bynum, and seeing as how he was injured at the time of the trade, that would make sense.

Anyway, he should without a doubt be in the all-star game, but as a a starter I don;t know. Hey I wouldn't complain though.

cambovenzi
11-22-2008, 06:33 AM
In the game? yes.
starter? ehh, not so much.

JJ81
11-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes. If not, he deserves to be in the game on the bench.

Testaverde16
11-22-2008, 09:59 AM
No.... Yao, Duncan, Amare, Boozer, Dirk

There is too much depth there for him to start, but he should get considered. It all depends on numbers too, lets see how the season plays out.

Chronz
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Korver's presence didnt have the impact Pau's did or else they would be just as good this year. They were going to start winning games regardless, Korver helped them against zones, Pau turned an 8th seeded team into a finals contender BIG DIFFERENCE. DUR DUR DUR indeed.

If 37-17 is floundering, I hope my Wolves flounder all over the place
I thought you were smarter than this, the Lakers were floundering once Bynum went down, once they got Pau they became the best team in the West. Or do you just not deal with facts in your posts?

Chronz
11-22-2008, 03:24 PM

So? How does that change anything I said?

Chronz
11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Just about to say that, can't believe no one has brought that up until now. I hope what he was trying to say that we're an 8th place team without Bynum, and seeing as how he was injured at the time of the trade, that would make sense.

Anyway, he should without a doubt be in the all-star game, but as a a starter I don;t know. Hey I wouldn't complain though.

Because its irrelevant, the Lakers were without Bynum and wouldve been without Bynum the rest of the year. You take him away and they were an 8th or 7th seed just like they always have been when its just been Kobe, you add Pau and all of a sudden theyre the best in the West.

pmmr2113
11-22-2008, 03:27 PM
won't happen. the fact that kobe will be the only all star on the best team in the league is an outrage, but that's what will happen.

JordansBulls
11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
There starting lineup basically sits out of the 4th quarter. When that happens that means the team is just stacked thus a few guys should make it the game. If the Pistons in 2006 could have 4 allstars and have Rasheed be an allstar averaging 12 and 7 then I am quite sure that Gasol should be in the allstar game with ease.

AKA TheMamba
11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
your voting on only the starting five. If the lakers still do well he is a sure in due to coaches choice. Remember the pistons 3, none made the start but all 3 got in due to their dominance in style of play. Gasol has a small window though, afterall it is the west.

AirJordanXVIII
11-22-2008, 04:00 PM
No.

And I dont think he has the national popularity to be voted in. Although he has Spain on his side.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Korver's presence didnt have the impact Pau's did or else they would be just as good this year. They were going to start winning games regardless, Korver helped them against zones, Pau turned an 8th seeded team into a finals contender BIG DIFFERENCE. DUR DUR DUR indeed.

I thought you were smarter than this, the Lakers were floundering once Bynum went down, once they got Pau they became the best team in the West. Or do you just not deal with facts in your posts?

I don't give a **** what the Lakers were doing when Bynum went down. I don't follow every second of their season. You are arrogant. My point was, if you think being 37-17, regardless of how you got there, is not outplaying most the league, then you are the one that doesn't understand facts. It makes me sick that Laker fans like you want sympathy when your team has a season where they wil 35 games. Boo hoo. Your team has always had success, and will always, because LA is a big market, and attractive to play for. You are basically the Yankees of basketball. So I stick to what I said, if 37-17 is floundering, I would happily watch my team flounder all over the place. You are a computer tough guy on these boards. What happens when you have to come out from behind that keyboard?

LAKERS 24/7
11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Because its irrelevant, the Lakers were without Bynum and wouldve been without Bynum the rest of the year. You take him away and they were an 8th or 7th seed just like they always have been when its just been Kobe, you add Pau and all of a sudden theyre the best in the West.

You just repeated exactly what I said.

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 06:09 PM
So? How does that change anything I said?

You weren't clear, but your post right after this one clarified it. You were speaking of a Lakers team incomplete and injury-riddled...Not the team itself at full strength. Without Bynum then they are a 7th/8th seed probably, but with him they WERE the #1 seed. You weren't very clear in your original post, which led me to assume you were saying the Lakers team as a whole were an 8th seed team.

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
starting NO
on the all star team yes

gcoll
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
He'd be listed as a PF, right?

Pau - 15.8 ppg, 9.5 RPG

Amare - 23.1 ppg, 8.3 RPG

Boozer - 20.5 ppg, 11.7 RPG

Duncan - 22.4 ppg, 10 RPG

Dirk - 24.7 ppg, 8.4 RPG

He's gonna have a tough time making the team, let alone being a starter. Being on the Lakers will help him though.

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 06:24 PM
^^ SO i Guess David West wont be back this year lol

ARMIN12NBA
11-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Pau - 15.8 ppg, 9.5 RPG

Dirk - 24.7 ppg, 8.4 RPG

He's gonna have a tough time making the team, let alone being a starter. Being on the Lakers will help him though.

Being on the Lakers is why his stats are so low in the first place. The Lakers are loaded.

gcoll
11-22-2008, 06:29 PM
^^ SO i Guess David West wont be back this year lol
I was gonna put West's numbers on there...but I figured my point was made.

West is gonna have a hard time getting in there too. The West PF position seems to be pretty stacked.

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Nevermind NO need

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I was gonna put West's numbers on there...but I figured my point was made.

West is gonna have a hard time getting in there too. The West PF position seems to be pretty stacked.

Yea I didnt think he would make it but Cp3 will, Cp3 wasnt voted an all star starter last year:speechless:

gcoll
Being on the Lakers is why his stats are so low in the first place. The Lakers are loaded.

So the reason his FG% is lower than all the players I listed, except Dirk....is because the Lakers are loaded?

No. The reason is simple. Duncan, Amare, and Boozer, are all better than Pau. They deserve the nod over him. The only reason that Pau would get consideration over them, would be due to his team's success.

gcoll
Yea I didnt think he would make it but Cp3 will, Cp3 wasnt voted an all star starter last year:speechless:

He's a shoe in this year though.

Vinny642
11-22-2008, 06:43 PM
he better be or im sueing the NBA lol

JJ81
11-22-2008, 06:51 PM
This is a close poll here. Paupaupaupau!

jasondrobinson
11-22-2008, 07:13 PM
hes good, not starting good - at least not over timmy or amare

c yao
f- duncan
f- amare
g- kobe
g- cp3

sp1derm00
11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
TD and Amare deserve it over Gasol... I am a Laker fan. Gasol should be an All-Star though...

TornadoOfSouls
11-23-2008, 12:06 AM
15.8/9.5 are not all-star numbers(for the PF position). Playing on the best team in the league shouldn't give someone a free pass into the all-star game.

won't happen. the fact that kobe will be the only all star on the best team in the league is an outrage, but that's what will happen.

So what? It's not like it hasn't happened before(Duncan was the only all-star from the best team in the league in '03). Unless Pau improves his numbers, I have a hard time seeing him make the all-star team.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
You cant expect to score much if you are playing with Kobe.

rhino17
11-23-2008, 02:08 AM
not only are there 4-5 power forwards better than him, there are 4-5 small forwards better than him as well, no chance

OY!
11-23-2008, 02:26 AM
not only are there 4-5 power forwards better than him, there are 4-5 small forwards better than him as well, no chance

who? Boozer? Pau beat him a bunch of times. and Pau proved that he was better then Amare a lot of times as well. i only see like 2 that are better, KG and TD. Dirk might be better or close to better then Pau, kind of even with me.

lakers4sho
11-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I don't give a **** what the Lakers were doing when Bynum went down. I don't follow every second of their season. You are arrogant. My point was, if you think being 37-17, regardless of how you got there, is not outplaying most the league, then you are the one that doesn't understand facts. It makes me sick that Laker fans like you want sympathy when your team has a season where they wil 35 games. Boo hoo. Your team has always had success, and will always, because LA is a big market, and attractive to play for. You are basically the Yankees of basketball. So I stick to what I said, if 37-17 is floundering, I would happily watch my team flounder all over the place. You are a computer tough guy on these boards. What happens when you have to come out from behind that keyboard?

First up he's not a Laker fan. Second of all, Lakers were 3-5 between the time Bynum went down and the Lakers acquired Gasol. I wouldn't include the games where Bynum was playing because Gasol did not improve the Lakers who had Bynum in there (last season). If you still want to argue your point go ahead but everyone knows know your argument is flawed.

Even WITH Bynum in the lineup, Gasol still makes the team even better. It gives them the flexibility of having multiple big guys, which tremendously increases their depth and makes them an even more complete team.

You cant expect to score much if you are playing with Kobe.

Oh here we go again :sigh:

Chronz
11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't give a **** what the Lakers were doing when Bynum went down. I don't follow every second of their season.
That is why you shouldnt have jumped into a discussion pertaining to what the Lakers were WITHOUT Bynum and how he transformed them into the best in the West.

You are arrogant.
And you are ignorant

My point was, if you think being 37-17, regardless of how you got there, is not outplaying most the league, then you are the one that doesn't understand facts.
I understood how the Lakers got to that point and why they started losing once Bynum went down. The interior domination was key in their success, I understand more than you know.

It makes me sick that Laker fans like you want sympathy when your team has a season where they wil 35 games. Boo hoo. Your team has always had success, and will always, because LA is a big market, and attractive to play for. You are basically the Yankees of basketball.
Im NOT a Lakers fan, I am a CLIPPERS FAN

So I stick to what I said, if 37-17 is floundering, I would happily watch my team flounder all over the place. You are a computer tough guy on these boards. What happens when you have to come out from behind that keyboard?

Im not a tough guy, Im a factual guy. Re-read the argument you basically have no idea what we're talking about.

Chronz
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
First up he's not a Laker fan. Second of all, Lakers were 3-5 between the time Bynum went down and the Lakers acquired Gasol. I wouldn't include the games where Bynum was playing because Gasol did not improve the Lakers who had Bynum in there (last season). If you still want to argue your point go ahead but everyone knows know your argument is flawed.

Even WITH Bynum in the lineup, Gasol still makes the team even better. It gives them the flexibility of having multiple big guys, which tremendously increases their depth and makes them an even more complete team.

Oh here we go again :sigh:

THANK YOU !i

Chronz
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
You weren't clear, but your post right after this one clarified it. You were speaking of a Lakers team incomplete and injury-riddled...Not the team itself at full strength. Without Bynum then they are a 7th/8th seed probably, but with him they WERE the #1 seed. You weren't very clear in your original post, which led me to assume you were saying the Lakers team as a whole were an 8th seed team.
Thats because you didnt read my initial post, the one where I said Pau transformed an 8th seeded team into the best in the West.

Chronz
11-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Pau - 15.8 ppg, 9.5 RPG

Dirk - 24.7 ppg, 8.4 RPG

All of those guys deserve it more than he does but you can select 2Forwards (Duncan/Boozer) Should be but the fans will probably go with Melo. So 3 spots left for F (Boozer/Amare/Dirk) and 1 Center with 1 Wildcard, so he could fill either of those slots if the voters chose 2.

JordansBulls
11-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Thats because you didnt read my initial post, the one where I said Pau transformed an 8th seeded team into the best in the West.

Yep. Well they were 21-4 with Gasol, so not having him if they had gone 14-11 they may not have made the playoffs.

lakers4sho
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM
IMO Gasol is All-Star quality but with so many forwards in the West he just might not make it.

Hopefully, he does :)

da wood
11-24-2008, 02:03 AM
he will get in maybe not as a starter but the coaches will get him there or have to deall with him the rest of the season they are not dumb. its already bad enough the lakers are rolling teams do you think they want a bunch of angry lakers on thier hands.

rhino17
11-24-2008, 07:03 AM
who? Boozer? Pau beat him a bunch of times. and Pau proved that he was better then Amare a lot of times as well. i only see like 2 that are better, KG and TD. Dirk might be better or close to better then Pau, kind of even with me.

Forwards better than Pau:

1) Tim Duncan
2) Amare Stoudemire
3) Carlos Boozer
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Dirk

Pau is at the very least behind all of these guys in the west. it could be argued that he is worse than about 3-5 more too

codes238
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
no, thats absolutely ridiculous!