PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting reports: Harrington to NYK for either Crawford or Rose

Giaps
11-21-2008, 03:59 AM
ESPN says that the Knicks and Warriors are in discussions that would send Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington.

There has to be more pieces involved like Belinelli or Marcus Williams and Collins or Roberson for the Knicks. Keep in mind the Knicks are at 15 players and can't take back more players than they send out.

lakers4sho
11-21-2008, 04:01 AM
that means Biedrins will continue to shine in Golden State :shrug:

Draco
11-21-2008, 04:02 AM
^^ the black mamba's looking pretty pasty

Giaps
11-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Weird. Peter Vescey is now reporting the Knicks are 'presumably' sending Malik Rose for Al Harrington. It's Peter Vescey so I'll believe it when I see it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11212008/sports/knicks/walsh_cuts_a_deal_for_an_old_favorite_139971.htm

Donnie Walsh is set to pull the trigger on his first substantive move as Knicks New York Knicks president, The New York Post has learned.

Knicks sources said a deal for Al Harrington was to go through late yesterday, but was delayed until today. A league conference call is scheduled for this morning that would bring the disgruntled Warriors forward to the Knicks, presumably for Malik Rose Malik Rose .

A product of St. Patrick's in Elizabeth, N.J., Harrington has played in just five games this season. He was grounded by coach Don Nelson soon after stating publicly he wanted to be traded.

They failed to hit it off almost immediately after the Pacers sent him to Golden State along with Stephen Jackson in a multi-player trade (Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy went to Indiana) on Jan. 16, 2007. Once their conflict became news (Harrington felt Nelson cramped his style) Al got sent to a time out chair - shortly after he complained of back problems and underwent a MRI.

At that point Walsh intensified his effort to acquire the devalued forward, who asked to be traded in June. The Knicks reached out to executive VP of basketball operations Chris Mullin on several occasions, but were rebuffed for lack of equal compensation. The open conflict made it much easier to make a deal.

The move will reunite Walsh with Harrington, whom the Pacers president drafted out of high school (No. 25) in 1998.

In 10 seasons, he has averaged 13.0 points and 5.6 rebounds per game, including a career-best 18.6 ppg for Atlanta in 2005-06. Harrington was traded to the Hawks in '04 for Jackson. Walsh reclaimed Harrington in the summer of '06 for a first round pick.

Harrington has two years left on his deal--currently $9.3 million with $10M guaranteed on tap in 2009-10. Rose, attractive to the Warriors because of his expiring contract, is set to make $7.64 million this year. The deal can be made one-for-one because their salaries are within 25 percent (plus 100G) of each other.

thedfactor
11-21-2008, 06:26 AM
http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/55572/20081121/knicks_set_to_acquire_harrington/

Al for Malik is seems

S.J.Basketball
11-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Yea. Al for Malik is AWFUL! LoL wtf man!

DenButsu
11-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Thread title modified to reflect updated rumor.

And yes, as long as it's only Vescey (who recently brought us the Tinsley for Atkins/Hunter "done deal"), it will still be considered only a rumor.

beckeramos
11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
WFAN in NY is reporting this as a done deal. Harrington is on his way to NY to take his physical as is Rose to Cali...

Bubba17
11-21-2008, 09:24 AM
ESPN just said we could have a trade today and its Crawford and Harrington....who's lying?

DenButsu
11-21-2008, 09:27 AM
ESPN just said we could have a trade today and its Crawford and Harrington....who's lying?

:laugh2:

And... thread title modified again.

oak2455
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
ESPN says that the Knicks and Warriors are in discussions that would send Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington.

There has to be more pieces involved like Belinelli or Marcus Williams and Collins or Roberson for the Knicks. Keep in mind the Knicks are at 15 players and can't take back more players than they send out.

So what the real deal and where is that girl from:speechless::speechless::speechless:....lol

cheetos185
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Craw for harrington would be horrible trade for knicks who plays SG Q :puke:

jtrinaldi
11-21-2008, 10:14 AM
wow i wonder if theyll play 2nite

ameer9521
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM

i'm sorry homeboy but i didn't read i word you wrote.......i just know that b/c of that picture............i now love rainbows, now that i think about it, i think i'd like to eat that rainbow! lmao

DenButsu
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Contra Costa Times (http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_11040915) says "conflicting reports" still, but the trade appears real for sure:

Reports: Warriors trading Harrington to Knicks
STAFF AND WIRE REPORT
Posted: 11/21/2008 05:46:22 AM PST

Al Harrington appears on the verge of getting his wish of escaping Don Nelson and the Warriors. Several media outlets are reporting that the Warriors and the Knicks have a deal in place that could be announced Friday morning.

There are conflicting reports on who Golden State would be receiving in exchange for Harrington, who has been sidelined with a bad back shortly after news broke that he demanded a trade. Both ESPN and Newsday are reporting that the Warriors are set to acquire guard Jamal Crawford, the Knicks' leading scorer at 19.6 points per game. The New York Post has Golden State receiving Malik Rose, a seldom-used backup frontcourt player whose main attraction is an expiring contract ($7.6 million).

The deal would reuinite Harrington with Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who drafted Harrington out of St. Patrick's High in New Jersey for the Pacers in 1998.

Epic89
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
If it's Harrington for Crawford, the Warriors are pulling off a major steal. Crawford and Ellis is quite a backcourt.

NYKnickFanatic
11-21-2008, 10:48 AM
WFAN in NY is reporting this as a done deal. Harrington is on his way to NY to take his physical as is Rose to Cali...

Wow. Bless your sig. :up:

_Sn1P3r_
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
If it's Crawford, he'd fit in with GSW's system. If it's Rose, I guess it's an expiring so it's still valuable. Don't really know how he plays. :shrug:

Jetsguy
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
If this is Al for Craw this deal is awful for the Knicks makes no sense getting rid of your best player...Al for Malik makes more sense since GS has been able to get NOTHING for Al since he asked out...

Bosh=nextKG
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I've heard those 2 rumors plus a 3 way trade rumor with the clips.

robdesign13
11-21-2008, 11:51 AM
If it's Harrington for Crawford, the Warriors are pulling off a major steal. Crawford and Ellis is quite a backcourt.

Quite the defensively inept backcourt.

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
If this is true, I'm not sure who it benefits more. I guess I like it for both teams.

METS4LIFE1988
11-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Knicks = :pity:

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Al is better than Crawford IMO better trade for Knicks

rhino17
11-21-2008, 01:29 PM
if this is the trade it is horrible for the knicks. Harrington blows and Crawford has been playing great.

real gm (i realize that it is real gm) is saying that this could be part of a larger 3 team deal

Knicks get:
-Cuttino Mobley
-Tim Thomas
-Al Harrington

Warriors get:
-Jamaal Crawford
-Mardy Collins

Clippers get:
-Zach Randolph

Gmen824
11-21-2008, 01:31 PM
that ^ would be amazing cap relief for the knicks

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 01:32 PM
If the Knicks got those 3 players they would be a better team

LeonFSU
11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3717209

Thats a link from ESPN's Marc Stein that claims the Knicks and Warriors have agreed in principle to a Crawford for Harrington trade.

The main benefit that I can see for the Knicks is cap space once Harrington's contract expires. Even though I don't think the Knicks will be as competitive without Crawford because they don't have any other capable SGs, it saves them the last two years on Crawford's deal, or about $17 million. I know its unlikely, but I am wondering if this will have any impact on Stephon Marbury now that the Knicks lost probably their best guard.

For the Warriors, although they got a good player, I have no idea what the hell they are trying to do there. They would now have a ridiculous amount of solid wing players and I am assuming they would end up having to trade one of them. Even if you consider Azubuike and Morrow bench players, once Monta gets back they would have Stephen Jackson, Ellis, Crawford, and Maggette. Putting all those guys in the starting lineup with Biedrins would most likely make a poor defensive unit, and they'd have difficulty getting enough minutes for Azubuike, Morrow, Nelson, Watson, and Marcus Williams. IMO, they would get the better player in the deal, but I'd expect them to make another trade to clear up their backcourt.

They should trade Maggette back to LAC for Kaman. Haha, I know it wouldn't happen but it would be a great trade for them.

stevefrancis
11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
this is so dumb zach is playing out of his mind right now and crawford is playing great. im sick of this knick cap crap. just trade david lee while your at it and whose left duhon? robinson? richardson? come on who would want to watch a knick game. i live in ny so i see them a lot and if its not one thing its the other just get rid of the entire organization and start everything from scrap. the knicks will always suck until james dolan leaves.

Vidball
11-21-2008, 01:55 PM
If the 3-way is true the Knicks could go after 2 max players in 2010...maybe Bron and Bosh. Wow--Walsh is trying to put NY back on the map.

bryan_22221
11-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Thats a link from ESPN's Marc Stein that claims the Knicks and Warriors have agreed in principle to a Crawford for Harrington trade.

The main benefit that I can see for the Knicks is cap space once Harrington's contract expires. Even though I don't think the Knicks will be as competitive without Crawford because they don't have any other capable SGs, it saves them the last two years on Crawford's deal, or about $17 million. I know its unlikely, but I am wondering if this will have any impact on Stephon Marbury now that the Knicks lost probably their best guard.

For the Warriors, although they got a good player, I have no idea what the hell they are trying to do there. They would now have a ridiculous amount of solid wing players and I am assuming they would end up having to trade one of them. Even if you consider Azubuike and Morrow bench players, once Monta gets back they would have Stephen Jackson, Ellis, Crawford, and Maggette. Putting all those guys in the starting lineup with Biedrins would most likely make a poor defensive unit, and they'd have difficulty getting enough minutes for Azubuike, Morrow, Nelson, Watson, and Marcus Williams. IMO, they would get the better player in the deal, but I'd expect them to make another trade to clear up their backcourt.

They should trade Maggette back to LAC for Kaman. Haha, I know it wouldn't happen but it would be a great trade for them.

Nelson got sent down to the D-League, Watson, no matter what anyone says, is not good enough to play substantial minutes, and Marcus Williams sits on our bench with his thumb up his butt. Coach Nelson cant stand his work ethic and so he'll never play. so all we need to worry about is getting time for Buike and Morrow. I have a feeling that we will be trading Azubuike by the trade deadline, eventhough I dont want him to leave. but thats just my guess.

MooseWithFleas
11-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Either trade is a bad one for the Knicks. The Knicks have been waiting for Malik Rose's contract to come off the books for YEARS.. and now its finally going to end and they trade it for Harrington who has another year?!!?!? Does NY EVER plan on getting out of cap hell?

I thought Crawford had a player option after this year, so he could opt out of the last 2 years. Or is it pretty much confirmed that he will not opt out to get that money. Even still, for crawford they could have gotten a contract that was up this year, rather than 2 years. Unless they are looking for 2 years down the road to enter the Lebron sweepstakes

salimstoudamire
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
If Crawford is leaving, does this mean that Starbury is going to get some playing time? Because I dont think that they would trade one of their best guards unless they had someone waiting.

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Thats a given........

Either trade is a bad one for the Knicks. The Knicks have been waiting for Malik Rose's contract to come off the books for YEARS.. and now its finally going to end and they trade it for Harrington who has another year?!!?!? Does NY EVER plan on getting out of cap hell?

I thought Crawford had a player option after this year, so he could opt out of the last 2 years. Or is it pretty much confirmed that he will not opt out to get that money. Even still, for crawford they could have gotten a contract that was up this year, rather than 2 years. Unless they are looking for 2 years down the road to enter the Lebron sweepstakes

superkegger
11-21-2008, 02:39 PM

quite a defensless backcourt too.

it looks like its crawford for harrington...

LeonFSU
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Nelson got sent down to the D-League, Watson, no matter what anyone says, is not good enough to play substantial minutes, and Marcus Williams sits on our bench with his thumb up his butt. Coach Nelson cant stand his work ethic and so he'll never play. so all we need to worry about is getting time for Buike and Morrow. I have a feeling that we will be trading Azubuike by the trade deadline, eventhough I dont want him to leave. but thats just my guess.

Thats all probably true, but I just can't see a lineup of Ellis, Crawford, Jackson, Maggette, and Biedrins working out too well. They would probably be exciting to watch, but not much better than they would have been without the trade.

Giantwarrior
11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
the trade is: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford strai up.

heres the link:

Giaps
11-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks Crawford should have more value than this? Not even a draft pick or young player. :pity:

Gunzito22
11-21-2008, 03:15 PM
If it's Crawford, he'd fit in with GSW's system. If it's Rose, I guess it's an expiring so it's still valuable. Don't really know how he plays. :shrug:

that's simple, he doesn't...!!

All i am saying is that the Knicks will not be happy until the have traded for every malcontent in the league...

If i am building a basketball team (I guess my kid's pe
e-wee leagu counts, right??), and the tagline starts with "He was grounded by coach Don Nelson soon after stating publicly he wanted to be traded.".... I am staying the hell away from him...

but what do I know, Donnie Walsh knows better than I do, I suppose...:shrug:

think, 18 months ago, at least he had Isiah to blame for screwey deals like this...

Giaps
11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
that's simple, he doesn't...!!

All i am saying is that the Knicks will not be happy until the have traded for every malcontent in the league...

If i am building a basketball team (I guess my kid's pe
e-wee leagu counts, right??), and the tagline starts with "He was grounded by coach Don Nelson soon after stating publicly he wanted to be traded.".... I am staying the hell away from him...

but what do I know, Donnie Walsh knows better than I do, I suppose...:shrug:

think, 18 months ago, at least he had Isiah to blame for screwey deals like this...
You're getting carried away. This deal is far from 'screwey'. The Knicks did save $11 million in 2010, Walsh drafted Harrington in Indiana, Harringon has been wanting to play for the Knicks for years (he's from NJ), and he fits into D'Antoni's system. I'm not a huge fan of the trade but there are still good reasons for doing it.

acehole
11-21-2008, 03:25 PM
the first deal Walsh pulls and he trades the knicks best player for a whiny scrub? you gotta be kidding me! You trade away your ONLY legit SG on the team and load up on another Forward, when we already have like 7 of em on our team.

this is a horrible trade for the knicks, im pissed.