PDA

View Full Version : Okur Returns With Heavy Heart

JWalk126
11-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Source: FIBA Europe (http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_1DOJ7UIqJoIYU4ssn,HNc0.container_frontpage.ar ticleMode_on.html)

Mehmet Okur has returned to Utah after missing the final four games of the Jazz's recent road trip in order to be with his critically ill father.

The Turkey international was given permission by his team to fly home where his father, Abdullah, is hospitalized after suffering an epileptic seizure.

Abdullah had a tracheotomy and gastrostomy in recent days, the second of which took place the day Okur left on his trip back to America.

"My heart is with them right now," Okur said.

"Life still goes on, and I've got to look forward and just pray for him and hopefully everything's going to be all right."

Okur's father has undergone surgery to remove a part of his lung and a brain tumor in the past five years.

Upon his return on Monday, Okur had back pain from his long flight and coach Jerry Sloan elected to rest him against Phoenix, a game that Utah won.

jimbobjarree
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
why did he come back the day of a huge operation, surely he would still have wanted to be with his father.

still, I'm happy to see his return, but surely his head wont be in the game

JAZZNC
11-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I sure as hell wouldn't be away until he was out of the hospital. That's just me though and everyone is different. Like you said, glad he's back but it's going to take a while for him to get his head back in the game and rightfully so.

sportsnutzz
11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah he should just go home and take care of his family. KK can hold it down for a while.

jimbobjarree
11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
kosta KOUFOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAZZNC
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
kosta KOUFOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think somebody has a man crush :silly::laugh:

jimbobjarree
11-22-2008, 07:53 AM
he's a crazy guy, he just needs some composure around the basket