PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2010: Which player is most likely to bail?

LD V2.0
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Indeed, nothing may come of all the speculation, should LeBron and his fellow stars decide to re-sign with their current teams, as they very well may do.

"I find it sort of strange,'' said Henry Thomas, agent to potential 2010 free agents Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. "The reality is it's two years away. I don't know why there's so much talk about it.''
Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/11/20/free.agent.primer/index.html#?eref=T1)

Its two years away but there is more than enough buzz going around. While its still early, which player do you think is most likely to bail on his current team to play elsewhere and why?

oshea225
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
i can see every one of them moving (except for wade, hes made it very clear that he plans to stay in miami). but i'd say the most likely is bosh. toronto simply isnt a very desirable nba city, most significantly b/c its not even in america. this season, bosh has elevated his game a lot. with the raptor's success rate remaining subpar while his individual talent increases, hes going to want out

JordansBulls
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Wade, Amare and Dirk.

Amare will go somewhere else because Nash and Shaq will be done. Dirk would probably leave somewhere as well.

LD V2.0
11-21-2008, 12:07 AM
i can see every one of them moving (except for wade, hes made it very clear that he plans to stay in miami). but i'd say the most likely is bosh. toronto simply isnt a very desirable nba city, most significantly b/c its not even in america. this season, bosh has elevated his game a lot. with the raptor's success rate remaining subpar while his individual talent increases, hes going to want out

Toronto is itself one of the largest markets in North America, and Colangelo has a long track record of making bold moves to build contending teams (see: last summer's trade for Jermaine O'Neal).

"The corporate base and economic climate is a lot better in Canada than it is south of the border,'' Colangelo said. "Not only is he getting accolades and attention, but he's also got an entire country to market to in addition to the U.S. He is the cornerstone of this franchise, and not many players have the opportunity to say they are the cornerstone.''

Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/11/20/free.agent.primer/1.html)

GiantYankKnicks
11-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I would Say Amare,Bosh and Lebron in that order

Kaptain Kanada
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM
For all the talk about how much Lebron loves playing in his home state... I really see Bronbron moving to his buddy Jay-Z's team.

hotpotato1092
11-21-2008, 12:27 AM
LeBron's not going anywhere, he wants to take the cavs to new heights just like MJ did with the bulls. He doesn't want to be known as they guy who ditched cleveland, would MJ ditch chicago? not including the wizards years.

MyCousinVinny
11-21-2008, 12:28 AM
i think dirk will go...he just doesnt seem to fit in in the nba and i think the money will make him go

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 12:31 AM
i think dirk will go...he just doesnt seem to fit in in the nba and i think the money will make him go

By "go", do you mean you think he will go back to Germany/Europe? I definitely don't see that happening.

Draco
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Since Amare and Dirk's team is on the decline, if winning is an incentive I can see them leaving for greener pastures. Possibly Yao for the same reason.. although I don't know much about the state of the Rockets.

KiLLA RAiDER
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Its hard to choose who will leave after the contracts are up but i would probly say Bosh! But i think Toronto will throw to much money at him too refuse, plus they are building something special up there!:cool:

rosesbulls
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Every good, none problem player says he wants to stay were he is. Its just like players saying there not going to retire then at end of season retiring Wade might have said he isnt going but that doesnt meen he wont.

LD V2.0
11-21-2008, 01:05 AM

Didn't he almost win an MVP a couple years back? I know he took his team to the finals. Explain what you mean by him not fitting because I really don't understand. He speaks good English so it can't be that...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-21-2008, 01:18 AM
I can just see Dirk moving... JordansBulls brings up a good point about Amare, but I can see his situation going either way, I think Amare will stay in PHX after Nash and Shaq the Suns will be Amare's team.

superkegger
11-21-2008, 01:46 AM
I see Lebron moving. Or at least the most likely too.

LD V2.0
11-21-2008, 02:04 AM
I can just see Dirk moving... JordansBulls brings up a good point about Amare, but I can see his situation going either way, I think Amare will stay in PHX after Nash and Shaq the Suns will be Amare's team.

If the Knicks can't land LeBron I wonder who is plan B for the D'Antoni coached team?

Lakersfan2483
11-21-2008, 03:12 AM
I can see Amare moving on to a new team, still unsure about Wade and Lebron. A surprise move may be Chris Bosh, I could see a team offering him quite a bit of money for his services.

BullsFan_1
11-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Is it too big of a stretch to think no players of significance will move in 2010?

marvILLous
11-21-2008, 03:57 AM
what if a lebron, bosh and wade all pick up their player options and test the 2011 free agency? haha

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:12 AM

lol ya he should move to miami and get even lesser stats and be in the shadow of wade and no fans in miami talk about him

Id rather do that than go back to Canada where the whole Country appreciates him, better team and can actually make it to the play-offs

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Wade, Amare and Dirk.

Amare will go somewhere else because Nash and Shaq will be done. Dirk would probably leave somewhere as well.

yeah and where do you think Wade is going..:eyebrow:

I see Bosh to bail to a big market city

oshea225
11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Every good, none problem player says he wants to stay were he is. Its just like players saying there not going to retire then at end of season retiring Wade might have said he isnt going but that doesnt meen he wont.

no. most players tend to beat around the bush and say things like, "we'll talk about that when the time comes." wade has said, very clearly, that it is his intention to remain with miami, he has said that he envisions himself staying there for the rest of his career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?page=Heat-081006

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah and where do you think Wade is going..:eyebrow:

Wade will stay
I see Bosh to bail to a big market city

wade could go to chicago
Isnt it a better market than miami and it is his hometown isnt it

And wouldnt wade wanna play in a team with good players like Rose, and Thomas

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:24 AM
wade could go to chicago
Isnt it a better market than miami

And wouldnt wade wanna play in a team with good players like Rose, and Thomas

chicago a bigger market city than miami?

thomas seriously? lol

oshea225
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
lol ya he should move to miami and get even lesser stats and be in the shadow of wade and no fans in miami talk about him

Id rather do that than go back to Canada where the whole Country appreciates him, better team and can actually make it to the play-offs

ok i dont know why you quoted me and then said that, because i never said that bosh should go to miami. but anyway, if he did go there, his stats might actually go up because he would be our only low post presence, whereas he is currently "competing" with o'neal down low in toronto. and no fans in miami would talk about him?! is that a joke??? i can't speak for all miami fans, but i would praise bosh if he came here.
and YAY toronto made the playoffs the past two seasons, neither of which they made it out of the first round. what has wade done in the playoffs? oh yeah, a nice little nba championship. with a dominant big man not to mention. bosh, a dominant big man, alongside wade would make them instant contenders.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
ok i dont know why you quoted me and then said that, because i never said that bosh should go to miami. but anyway, if he did go there, his stats might actually go up because he would be our only low post presence, whereas he is currently "competing" with o'neal down low in toronto. and no fans in miami would talk about him?! is that a joke??? i can't speak for all miami fans, but i would praise bosh if he came here.
and YAY toronto made the playoffs the past two seasons, neither of which they made it out of the first round. what has wade done in the playoffs? oh yeah, a nice little nba championship. with a dominant big man not to mention. bosh, a dominant big man, alongside wade would make them instant contenders.

lol it was a joke i was just having fun

Miami would be the bomb with bosh and wade

But if toronto had shaq, the raps could have gone far, maybe even finals

And hes not competing with oneal

Hes doing better with oneal there

And doesnt miami wanna sign Boozer which wouldnt lead to many cap space

oshea225
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
lol it was a joke i was just having fun

Miami would be the bomb with bosh and wade

But if toronto had shaq, the raps could have gone to finals

And hes not competing with oneal

Hes doing better with oneal there

And doesnt miami wanna sign Boozer which wouldnt lead to many cap space

alright, my fault. im in accounting class so im not in the best mood lol. no disrespect meant haha

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM

thomas seriously? lol

Im not sure if chicago is a bigger market so i was asking cuz i heard it somewhere that chicago was one the better markets in the leauge

He has the potential to average like 18 and 10 but chicagos staff is so stupid they play him for like 20mpg when he should be getting 30

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
He has the potential to average like 18 and 10 but chicagos staff is so stupid they play him for like 20mpg when he should be getting 30

Beasley has more potential than Thomas will ever have

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Beasley has more potential than Thomas will ever have

True but still, thomas is still a good player when given the chance

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
True but still, thomas is still a good player when given the chance

Miami is a Big good center away from being a contender
that's all we need and I think Riley will make it happen and Wade will stay

NYMetros
11-21-2008, 10:39 AM

Chicago is probably equal with Miami in terms of having a big market.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Miami is a Big good center away from being a contender
that's all we need and I think Riley will make it happen and Wade will stay

I think hes experimenting if miami can do good with a small lineup but truth is they cant compete with teams that have good bigs cuz they get raped on the glass

they really need to trade atleast marion or haslem for line eddy curry or zack randolph

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I think hes experimenting if miami can do good with a small lineup but truth is they cant compete with teams that have good bigs cuz they get raped on the glass

they really need to trade atleast marion or haslem for line eddy curry or zack randolph

didn't you read what I said
no way in hell we need curry or randolph
we need a Big C that rebounds and take space down low and defend

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 10:50 AM
didn't you read what I said
no way in hell we need curry or randolph
we need a Big C that rebounds and take space down low and defend

Well you said

big so randoplh and curry
Goodso thats randolph
and you said C so thats curry

They can both rebond and you said before you need inside scoring and they can average like atleast 13-20ppg
They can also get 10 rpg

They do take space down low they like 300 pounds
And they can get you atleast 1 block per game

ATX
11-21-2008, 11:58 AM

Where did he say that Bosh should move to Miami? Sure Canada loves him, but so do a lot of people and team execs across the NBA landscape. I for one am a huge Bosh fan. I would go absolutley nuts if he came to the Heat. Wade and Bosh would be "arguably" the best duo in the league. Stats wouldn't matter in light of the championships they would be contending for, year in and year out. I think he will be loved wherever he ends up. "Actually make the playoffs"...Nice jab at the Heat...:pity:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Where did he say that Bosh should move to Miami? Sure Canada loves him, but so do a lot of people and team execs across the NBA landscape. I for one am a huge Bosh fan. I would go absolutley nuts if he came to the Heat. Wade and Bosh would be "arguably" the best duo in the league. Stats wouldn't matter in light of the championships they would be contending for, year in and year out. I think he will be loved wherever he ends up. "Actually make the playoffs"...Nice jab at the Heat...:pity:

I already said it was a joke

ATX
11-21-2008, 12:02 PM
I already said it was a joke

Sorry, you guys had several posts before I posted my comments...I would LOVE to see Wade and Bosh play together...

ATX
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Anyways, my vote is without a doubt LeBron. No question he loves Cleveland, but he's not staying there. He will be in a much larger market, and as speculation suggests, NYC is the most logical choice.

MooseWithFleas
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Amare will be moving to a young team with lots of potential (like Brand moved to philly) once Shaq and Nash are done. Lebron is probably gone too, and its going to be to some first rate city like Chicago, NY (if they ever get out of cap hell).

JMan17
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Lebron. and here's a song where he will go....

"New York, NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRK!"

:D

RaysFan
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
New York has to put a good team around him if they even want a chance. But why would LeBron want to go to New York if D'Antoni is still the coach? We all know that his all offense/no defense system can't win a title. LeBron would be the next A-Rod if he sold out his hometown to take the big city contract. The fans may not turn on him but his appeal and legacy would be hurt.

Jwizel_hitshrs
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM

HAHA and ur bf wade doesn't fall into the same category?

Why does it matter that its not in America? Most likely haven't been to Toronto; hence your ignorance.
It's cleaner, safer, Downtown district is world class, new facilities compared to most NBA cites and is a top 5 city wise in population in North America.
"Commentator's" like yourself seem to forget we are still the youngest team (1995 year 1) in the NBA. Yeah, we love hockey. It's been that way longer than Americans have loved football. It obviously takes time to catch onto a sport your city has never had a need to follow. As a Canadian we think the same about your American hky teams. 3/4 of the cites don't deserve it, are broke, have owners that illegally forge earns and go to jail.

With Toronto being Canada's only NBA team, why wouldn't Bosh want to stay here? He has an entire country to support him. No player in America has that.

But bottom line.....the country thing isnt what it seems to be....

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Lebron and Dirk will be out I think

LD V2.0
11-21-2008, 01:54 PM

You don't understand Bosh or the Raptors. Bosh is a face up big man and he's the #1 option. Jermaine hasn't stolen any shots away from Bosh, in fact Bosh's shot totals are going up. Wade has done nothing in the playoffs without Shaq. The Raptors will be able to afford to bring in two stars to place next to Bosh in 2010. In fact the Raptors would be able to afford to give Wade max money. Maybe he'd like to play with what will be the best PF and PG in the east by then, I don't know?

ATX
11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
You don't understand Bosh or the Raptors. Bosh is a face up big man and he's the #1 option. Jermaine hasn't stolen any shots away from Bosh, in fact Bosh's shot totals are going up. Wade has done nothing in the playoffs without Shaq. The Raptors will be able to afford to bring in two stars to place next to Bosh in 2010. In fact the Raptors would be able to afford to give Wade max money. Maybe he'd like to play with what will be the best PF and PG in the east by then, I don't know?

Wade in Toronto? I don't think so. If anything, it will be the other way around. If Miami chooses to save it's cap room this offseason, then they will have an excess of cap room as well. Again, I love Bosh, and will be a fan of his no matter where he plays.

LD V2.0
11-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Why? Unlike most people knocking Toronto, Wade has been here many times. He would know what its about. I don't know why American sports fans feel so fearful and threatened by Canada.

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Who said anyone feels fearful or threatened?? Maybe some people just think Toronto is lame compaired to Cities in the US

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Well you said

big so randoplh and curry
Goodso thats randolph
and you said C so thats curry

They can both rebond and you said before you need inside scoring and they can average like atleast 13-20ppg
They can also get 10 rpg

They do take space down low they like 300 pounds
And they can get you atleast 1 block per game

just answer me this
if you didn't have bosh and o'neal
would you take randolph and curry?

Why? Unlike most people knocking Toronto, Wade has been here many times. He would know what its about. I don't know why American sports fans feel so fearful and threatened by Canada.

Bosh has been to Miami too
I bet he loved it and get some ladies :)

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 04:44 PM
just answer me this
if you didn't have bosh and o'neal
would you take randolph and curry?

Ya i would take randolph and curry if i didnt have bosh and oneal

They would end up doing the same thing

Randolph will try cover Bosh's stats and Curry will try to cover O'neal's stats

Randolph can get 23ppg and 10 rpg and curry can get 14ppg and 11 rpg

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 04:45 PM

If i was Bosh I would go to Miami, I would be at the beach all day and would go surfing all the time

I would just leave as soon as there is a hurricane

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Nash will leave

Suns wont sign him to a big contract and He wants to play for Canada

Utah47Jazz
11-21-2008, 05:19 PM
LeBron is not going to leave Cleveland.

Lakers4ItAll
11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
When did he say this?

Nash will leave

Suns wont sign him to a big contract and He wants to play for Canada

Draco
11-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Bosh has also been to Chicago. Where else has Bosh been that might consider going? ;)

MilfHunter07
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
The three players i see moving are Amare, King James and Dirk. I see Bosh and Wade resigning with their teams.

MilfHunter07
11-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Wade in Toronto? I don't think so. If anything, it will be the other way around. If Miami chooses to save it's cap room this offseason, then they will have an excess of cap room as well. Again, I love Bosh, and will be a fan of his no matter where he plays.

Wow can you imagine Wade and Bosh on the same team. :speechless: Plus Beasley. :speechless:

MiamiHeat
11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Bosh has also been to Chicago. Where else has Bosh been that might consider going? ;)

ummm NY??
Minnesota ? :laugh2:
OKC? :laugh2:
Memphis?

ATX
11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Wow can you imagine Wade and Bosh on the same team. :speechless: Plus Beasley. :speechless:

I know right...I :pray: daily that this happens.

Epic89
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Amare and Bosh to Detroit :pray::pray::pray:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-21-2008, 07:53 PM
When did he say this?

It was on an article that he would love to play for Canada before he retires

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
stupid thread. All the homers say their guy won't go anywhere, cause he said this or that. Fact is, if in the summer of 2010, any one of these guys don't like where their franchise is going, they are gone. There are a ton of teams with money that year, I would not be surprised to see a lot of them leave. I would also not be surprised if many stayed. It will depend on what their current team looks like then. For instance, why would LeBron want to go to NJ, if they have absolutely nobody else to play with him? Just an example, not going after NJ

Hawkeye15
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
and I don't think Dirk will be a Mav next season anyways. They need to trade him before he becomes a KG situation

cmstophe
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
stupid thread. All the homers say their guy won't go anywhere, cause he said this or that. Fact is, if in the summer of 2010, any one of these guys don't like where their franchise is going, they are gone. There are a ton of teams with money that year, I would not be surprised to see a lot of them leave. I would also not be surprised if many stayed. It will depend on what their current team looks like then. For instance, why would LeBron want to go to NJ, if they have absolutely nobody else to play with him? Just an example, not going after NJ

Good point, good point. Honestly I just dont see the Knicks having anybody worth playing next to Lebron in 2010.

KB24PG16
11-21-2008, 10:11 PM
i think its amare cuz the suns are going to have an old core no point of signing extension when nash is going to deminishing and shaq wants to retire
the suns will have a lot money off the books if both shar and amare leave in 2010
another team lookin lebron???

theimortalone
11-22-2008, 03:24 AM
Amare and Bosh to Detroit :pray::pray::pray:

When hell freezes over my friend :D:cool:

canzano55
11-22-2008, 04:38 AM
Who said anyone feels fearful or threatened?? Maybe some people just think Toronto is lame compaired to Cities in the USTake away all the fat people and you may have a point.

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Bosh is the most likely to go
followed by Amare
then Bron
then Wade

Draco
11-22-2008, 05:06 AM
I wonder if Portlands development might somehow influence a couple of 2010 FA's to team up. You might want to play on a team with as much talent as possible to get past the Blazers.... just an idle thought.

FlawlessKB24
11-22-2008, 05:08 AM
the blazers are gonna be giving some fat contracts to Roy, Aldridge, and Oden
plus some of their young guys.
idk if they'll have enough for a big FA. not just LBJ/Wade/Bosh/etc, but in general...

Draco
11-22-2008, 05:12 AM
the blazers are gonna be giving some fat contracts to Roy, Aldridge, and Oden
plus some of their young guys.
idk if they'll have enough for a big FA. not just LBJ/Wade/Bosh/etc, but in general...

My mistake.. I worded that post incorrectly. What I meant is I wonder if two players from the Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Amare, et al. FA group might team up because it might be easier to face Portland with all of their talent.

SensandRaps
11-22-2008, 09:41 AM
i think it will be amare cuz with nash and shaq being like 37 and 39 respectivly (thats an estimate) amare would wanna go to a winning team and not rebuild with phoenix

ny93
11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
you will never no because nash bosh and lebron might go to the knicks if the knicks get rid of all there guys

Raps08-09 Champ
11-22-2008, 11:11 AM
He's My predictions(teams they might go to)

1. Nash(NY,Toronto, i think an east team)
2. Dirk(Another Western Team)
3. Lebron(NY)
4. Bosh(NY,Texas teams)
5. Wade(Chicago)

I think that the players over 30 would have a better chance to go to a different team because their old teams wouldn't waste like 15 mil on Nash or Dirk while on the other hand, the young stars would get max contracts from their teams because they are young and can last longer

But i think most young players would stay with their team unless they are not doing good like maybe Joe Johnson if hawks arent doing good, Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay and Lamarcus aldridge but they restricted, Josh Howard, and abunch of others but teams players teams will most likely miss the playoffs or do bad

jrice9
11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Personally I think the only names here that move are Lebron (nets or knicks) Dirk (but will likely be traded and just resinged but Chicago seems likely) Amare (anywhere but Phoenix) Wade and Bosh and Ming will likely resign.

Cavs_Fan24
11-22-2008, 12:46 PM
It doesn't really matter because it is early. A lot can happen in 2 years. Until the 2009-2010 even starts, nobody can really know for sure whats gonna happen. We'lll jsut have to wait and see...