PDA

View Full Version : Let's not break the bank

messleetch94
11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I agree with everyone, that something has to be done. IMO, the Rangers don't have enough players that play with heart for 60 minutes. One player that I've always liked is Darren McCarthy. At 36, he still plays with that grit and determination the Rangers could use. He was put on waivers by Detroit. I'm not sure if it's too late for Sather to beg and plead, but Shanahan would help this team drastically. He's only asking for 1.5 from Philly. He can put the fire in this team, especially the youngsters who feel that their job is secure, but in reality are not. They have a potential top 6 winger in zherdev. He is constantly tapping his stick. GIVE HIM THE PUCK! Pick up McCarthy and bury the hatchey with Shanny, and I promise we will see a nmajor difference.

theRANGEREAGLES
11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
I agree with everyone, that something has to be done. IMO, the Rangers don't have enough players that play with heart for 60 minutes. One player that I've always liked is Darren McCarthy. At 36, he still plays with that grit and determination the Rangers could use. He was put on waivers by Detroit. I'm not sure if it's too late for Sather to beg and plead, but Shanahan would help this team drastically. He's only asking for 1.5 from Philly. He can put the fire in this team, especially the youngsters who feel that their job is secure, but in reality are not. They have a potential top 6 winger in zherdev. He is constantly tapping his stick. GIVE HIM THE PUCK! Pick up McCarthy and bury the hatchey with Shanny, and I promise we will see a nmajor difference.

i aggree we need to add someone but i don't think darren is our big answer. a 40 goal scorer would be nice but we don't have enough without giving rosy and we need all the help we can get on defence.

SLY WILLIAMS
11-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I dont think there is any hatchet to bury with Shanny. He is very well liked by the NY Rangers players, coaches and GM. I think they just think he has slowed down too much. To be fair to the team nobody else has been signing Shanny either. Its hard for me to say that because Shanny is my favorite player and I do believe he could help in a limited role.

Desert Plains
11-22-2008, 12:11 PM
McCarthy is NOT the answer. But, I agree we need help and changes. But, I'm just not so sure it's heart that's the problem. I think we can fight and play hard, but it seems we only do that once we're down. I think we are missing desire and determination at the start of games and for a full 60 minutes. We seem to turn it on after we've played a period or 2 or effortless hockey, then decide to start playing.

If we got down every night and just gave up, folded, packed it in, I'd say we lack heart. But, generally, we've fought back and got points in games we probably shouldn't have.

What we need is passion and determination from the start, and it's painfully obvious that we don't have enough players that can put the puck in the net.