PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Stark has a list of who the sp's the astros are lookin at

djohn2oo8
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM
"Roy Oswalt wants the Astros to sign Ben Sheets, but the price tag may be too high. Stark has the following names on their radar: Randy Wolf, Mike Hampton, Freddy Garcia, Paul Byrd, and maybe Pedro Martinez. Is Drayton McLane willing to bring Andy Pettitte back? GM Ed Wade seemed interested in his chat yesterday, saying, "We'll have to see what develops down the road."

Paul Byrd???

djohn2oo8
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Also, the Indians are interested in wiggington and valverde. If we traded with them, Grady Sizemore better be in the deal.

Jermster
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
"Roy Oswalt wants the Astros to sign Ben Sheets, but the price tag may be too high. Stark has the following names on their radar: Randy Wolf, Mike Hampton, Freddy Garcia, Paul Byrd, and maybe Pedro Martinez. Is Drayton McLane willing to bring Andy Pettitte back? GM Ed Wade seemed interested in his chat yesterday, saying, "We'll have to see what develops down the road."

Paul Byrd???
Does it seem that Ed Wade only wants to bring in injury prone players such as...

Mark Prior, Mark Mulder, Mike Hampton, Freddy Garcia.

laxtonto
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Also, the Indians are interested in wiggington and valverde. If we traded with them, Grady Sizemore better be in the deal.

OK... do you realize that Sizemore finished in the top 5 for the AL MVP and is signed through 2012 on a very team friendly deal, and Wiggington and Vlaverde are both only have 1 year left?

You would be lucky to get Schoppach and is 33% K rate and another prospect....

lilboytwister99
11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Looks like a promising 2009........ promising to be a HUGE disappointment. We are too cheap, and it shows right there when we're targeting pitchers with injury histories. This is a shame.

Knowing the Astros, they will trade Valverde and Wigginton and probably get squat in return.

My gosh have a frickin firesale! We already know 2009 is another season in the dumps.

:mad:

quiksilver2491
11-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Considering Sizemore was the best player in the AL last year, I doubt you will be getting him anytime in the near future.

Wizard of O's
11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
I would gladly take Shoppach, Aaron Laffey and Adam Miller

jsmith.astros
11-23-2008, 12:03 AM
That would be a great trade for us but i don't think we could get all 3. Maybe just Laffey or Miller and Shoppach

astrotown
11-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Maybe Sowers, Miller, and Shoppach