PDA

View Full Version : The New Pistons and the Old Pistons-Who do you like more?

michaellui11
11-20-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm already missing Chauncey
What about you guys?

nalej85
11-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm liking the new look pistons. I think Detroit now has the perfect balance of offense and defense and think this team is more dangerous than last year. May put them over the hump(East Conf Finals). As long as 'Sheed doesnt launch 8-9 three pointers a game, they're my favorites to win the east.

JJ81
11-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I prefered the old team because of Chauncy

JordansBulls
11-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I like the old group.

rjohnson2842
11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I like the new Pistons because 1st, I have to and 2nd, they are starting to find their groove, just need to get rip more involved and find him in his comfort zone a little more, Prince is balling out of his mind and A.I.'s style along with stuckey attacking fits Wallace better. and 3rdly, I hope we can have mcdyess back - man he would be a great addition again.

superkegger
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't like either, cause I don't like the Pistons. Though I do think this Piston team could be very good.

Testaverde16
11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
I like them more as a team with Chauncy, but I fear them a hell of a lot more with Iverson.

I voted for No Chauncy

cubulls
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
They are less boring with Iverson.

Lakers4ItAll
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I think the old team was a lil slow and boring ala San Antonio

AI bring energy and flash to the team

GunFactor187
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
For me, it'll take some time getting used to AI in that Pistons #1 on. I still feel that Billups is a part of the team somehow... :(

Zefflin
11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I think the trade was awesome for both teams, I like the shake up.

Wilson
11-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I have to admit, I was wrong about the Iverson trade for the Pistons. They've been playing well, beating the Lakers on the road and beating Cleveland last night.

Lions #81
11-20-2008, 02:09 PM
I agree that the old group was starting to get boring
our biggest excitement was when Maxiel came in and dunk all over the place

now with AI you never when he is going to break some one elses ankles!

hdxstunts1
11-20-2008, 04:40 PM
AI is not a pg. He is selfish but so is Rasheed so pistons wont make it past the first round of playoffs anyway. Sorry Detroit fans but its not your year!

SteveNash
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
The new Pistons are boring and not fun to watch because AI sucks and hogs the ball. The only good thing is Rasheed playing better recently.

haircanada
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
old

TickTickBoom
11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Do you think the Allen Iverson - Chauncey Billups trade made the Pistons a better team? At first I thought it was a good trade for both teams but, now I think it was a way better trade for the Nuggets. No way am I saying that Chauncey Billups is even close to the player that Allen Iverson is but, chemistry wise I would much rather have Billups. I'm a Celtics fan and, I can just remember all the times that Chauncey killed us and, watching how bad the Celtics are beating up on Detroit tonight and I just don't think a Pistons team with Billups would ever lose this bad to the C's even though it was a back to back for them. I know it's still too early to tell but, for some reason I just don't think Allen Iverson plays Detroit Pistons basketball. What do you guys think?

sp1derm00
11-21-2008, 05:16 AM
I think Detroit looked tired as **** from playing and containing Lebron James the night before. Wait until they meet on a game that isn't the second of a back to back.

michaellui11
11-21-2008, 05:59 AM
chauncey is still the best
chauncey is a much better team player than AI so he will fit in more than AI

S.J.Basketball
11-21-2008, 06:23 AM
To answer the question in the title of this thread.

We don't know. Unless the Pistons can knock off the Celtics in the playoffs and make the championship then no they're not.

Sox Appeal
11-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Do you think the Allen Iverson - Chauncey Billups trade made the Pistons a better team? At first I thought it was a good trade for both teams but, now I think it was a way better trade for the Nuggets. No way am I saying that Chauncey Billups is even close to the player that Allen Iverson is but, chemistry wise I would much rather have Billups. I'm a Celtics fan and, I can just remember all the times that Chauncey killed us and, watching how bad the Celtics are beating up on Detroit tonight and I just don't think a Pistons team with Billups would ever lose this bad to the C's even though it was a back to back for them. I know it's still too early to tell but, for some reason I just don't think Allen Iverson plays Detroit Pistons basketball. What do you guys think?

I'm going to disagree. Chauncey Billups in my mind, is one of the most complete players in the NBA today. He can take smaller guards into the post, he can step outside can hit 3's, he's also a solid defender, and rebounder. Iverson on the other hand, is a very, very good scorer, but outside of that, his game is somewhat limited. But the one thing that REALLY separates these players in my mind is, Chauncey's ability to play in the clutch. It's like he doesn't feel the pressure moments, he's ice.